Epson home cinema 6100 maximum screensize with stock lense - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-07-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought 220 diagonal inches of blackout cloth off of ebay for 89 dollars shipped!!!! can't wait to hang it up in my garage and see what how big i can get the 6100 to do. gonna be awesome this summer. I read the manual and it says 200 inches max but sometimes with tolerances its a little more, little less, and maybe i can play with the sharpness in the menu to get a couple extra inches out of it?

We'll see next week

brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterbond View Post

Just bought 220 diagonal inches of blackout cloth off of ebay for 89 dollars shipped!!!! can't wait to hang it up in my garage and see what how big i can get the 6100 to do. gonna be awesome this summer. I read the manual and it says 200 inches max but sometimes with tolerances its a little more, little less, and maybe i can play with the sharpness in the menu to get a couple extra inches out of it?

We'll see next week

brandon

What was the name of the seller you bought the screen material from?

Thank you
post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2009, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 41
You should probably ask this in the Epson 6100 owner's thread, but to answer your question:

Projectors don't have a max size where they suddenly stop being able to focus (unless really poorly designed) - the focus change from projecting a focused image 25' away and then focusing say 40' away is relatively small compared to the total focal range. The max size rating is usually driven by the overall brightness you can get from the bulb. I bet if you were in a completely sealed black room, and let your eyes adjust, that a 300" diagonal might be bright enough for most scenes.

And that is where you will see the limitations of size: if you have any ambient light in your room, 120" is about as big as you will go without compromising what you perceive as a bright enough image.

IMHO, AFAIK,

shinksma

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page