Aged AE700U Lamp - Suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, my original lamp has done about 2600 hours on it and it's getting a little dim - i can't remember if its dimmer than it was when I first bought it, but can only assume its because the lamp is getting old. I've had to replace the power supply on it myself and now I'm just wondering what I should do.

Should I spend the 300 bucks on a new lamp?
Should I spend 200 bucks on the bulb and put it in myself?
Should I look into buying a new projector?

I read that some other blue thing inside the projector also goes after some time, so I don't want to get into a situation where I buy a new lamp and then it breaks on me again and I have to spend another 600 bucks.

I'm thinking the best bet is to find a cheap bulb anywhere but I can't seem to do that.

Anyone have one of these lamps sitting around, used, that they want to get rid of? Preferably less than 500 hours on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Thats where i was at a few months ago, i did go ahead and replace the lamp, but about 500 hours later i have the issue with the blue streaks on the screen, which after taking the PJ apart i have found appears to be an issue with the incidence polarizer,

I actually just posted a thread seeing if anyone knew where to get the polarizer kit, as i am still willing to throw some more dollars at the old girl, after i did the bulb though it looked great again, even though these projectors are starting to get a little old
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 AM

Where I am now too; my AE700 actually tells me to replace the lamp when I turn it on now. I keep wanting to turn it into an opportunity to upgrade to a 1080 though. Just have to keep saving and hope the 700 keeps going...
post #4 of 7 Old 07-17-2009, 08:20 AM

My bulb just went on my IN72 and I think I'm going to upgrade to a 720p. It's a little more then twice the cost of a replacement bulb but at least it will have a warranty.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

I think I'm pretty happy with the panny to be honest - my main fear is this polarizer stuff, but thus far its been a pretty solid machine. So I think I would look for a new bulb.

I'm really tight monetarily though - I know on ebay I can get the bulb for about 200 bucks, 300 bucks if I want the whole case with it. Anyone have suggestions on where I could get it semi-used and/or cheaper? Used is a little tricky since I would need to be able to trust the guy, which is unlikely.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Hello,
I am in the predicament of needing to replace the second lamp. It seems to work but periodically it goes blank and after a few minutes turns back on and stays on for the rest of the evening. Panasonic says it is the bulb. It has 2600 hours on it. I don't want to buy a new projector until LED bulbs are available. I haave found several sources on Amazon that have replacements for about $76. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these? Thanks.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-29-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am still holding on to my 900.

Be careful though. The OEM bulbs are far better than the made in China cheapies sold on eBay and Amazon.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page