*Unofficial* Mitsubishi HC3800 Thread - Page 214 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6391 of 6393 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 527
I also have the original firmware. FWIW, mine seems to shut down only when the input signal changes resolution several times quickly in a row. I just set the BDP player (Sony BDP-S590) to output a fixed resolution and the problem hasn't happened since. If you use the projector to watch multiple sources and you send your video through an AVR which includes a video processor, you could set a fixed resolution there.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6392 of 6393 Old Today, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
I do both the intake and exhaust.
I was lucky to have what appeared to be a spider web in the mirror/lens area. Lucky because when the smaller 2 amp shop vac was sucking the vents, the web would flutter. With the projector on, the web would only flutter when the hose was sucking on the top and center of the right (viewing from back) intake vent. The most efficient air flow (measured by the speed of the flutter) was achieved by sucking that area and with my other hand blocking as much the vent toward the back of the projector as possible. No other spot or hand placement created air flow enough to cause the web to flutter even a little bit. If I had three hands and covered the vent toward the front also, it may have been better, I will never know. It took 15 minutes of sucking the first day and 30 seconds the next day for the web to come loose.

Edit: I should mention the projector is ceiling mounted and left/right, top/bottom were be referred to in this position.

Last edited by rfred; Today at 06:13 AM. Reason: added information
post #6393 of 6393 Old Today, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
As for the dust blob issues some have had....

I used to blow out the projector with compressed air until it caused me to have the dust blob issues. Anymore I just vacuum all the vents gently and do nothing of the such when I'm changing the lamp - I DO NOT CLEAN THE LAMP AREA. It seems the more I touch things the worse they get in regards to the dust issues.

As for the guy that purchased the manual and hopefully figured out how to get rid of his dust issues, please do tell us. There is nothing illegal about sharing your knowledge with others. Just don't read it word for word from a publication and you'll be fine. Please do share in what you have learned. Thanks!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc3800 1080p Home Theater Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - Hc3800 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page