*Unofficial* Mitsubishi HC3800 Thread - Page 220 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #6571 of 6577 Old 07-22-2017, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Is anyone using a 4k ready A/V receiver with your HC3800? Because I cannot get my new Denon AVR-S530BT to play nice with my HC3800, using HDMI. I also tried doing it with a composite cable, and that wouldn't work either. I just get a blue screen, so I cannot do the Setup Assistant with the receiver. I already checked the HDMI cable from receiver to projector and it is good.

I just tried the receiver upstairs with my TV and it does work using composite, but will not work with HDMI.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jim McC; 07-22-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6577 Old 07-22-2017, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
Is anyone using a 4k ready A/V receiver with your HC3800? Because I cannot get my new Denon AVR-S530BT to play nice with my HC3800, using HDMI. I also tried doing it with a composite cable, and that wouldn't work either. I just get a blue screen, so I cannot do the Setup Assistant with the receiver. I already checked the HDMI cable from receiver to projector and it is good.

I just tried the receiver upstairs with my TV and it does work using composite, but will not work with HDMI.

Thanks.
Looking at the manual it's seems pretty straight forward. Connect HDMI cable to monitor out on the receiver and then to the projector. Then just hit Setup on the remote to get into the menu system. Since the cables are fine and the receiver's HDMI doesn't work on either the TV or the projector it's seems like a problem with the receiver.

Can you take it back and exchange it for the same model? Maybe you just got a bad one.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #6573 of 6577 Old 07-22-2017, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Legairre. I appreciate all the help you've given me. I'm just fed up. I may just return it and forget about a 4k receiver until I get a 4k projector.

The manual says I can also use a composite cable for the setup, but that doesn't work with the projector either. I currently have my old receiver hooked up again, using the digital optical cables (since the HDMI audio no longer works.

post #6574 of 6577 Old 07-23-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Legairre. I appreciate all the help you've given me. I'm just fed up. I may just return it and forget about a 4k receiver until I get a 4k projector.

The manual says I can also use a composite cable for the setup, but that doesn't work with the projector either. I currently have my old receiver hooked up again, using the digital optical cables (since the HDMI audio no longer works.
Hey Jim no problem at all. Glad to help. Since the Denon is HDCP 2.2 and the HC3800 isn't it's possible that the Denon requires an HDCP 2.2 display. Since the receiver worked on your TV is the TV a 4K TV which would mean it's HDCP 2.2.

post #6575 of 6577 Old 07-23-2017, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Hey Jim no problem at all. Glad to help. Since the Denon is HDCP 2.2 and the HC3800 isn't it's possible that the Denon requires an HDCP 2.2 display. Since the receiver worked on your TV is the TV a 4K TV which would mean it's HDCP 2.2.
The TV is not. It's a Toshiba LCD about 6 years old. It worked with the composite input but not HDMI.

I'm returning the Denon today, and I'm going to wait to buy a 4k receiver until I buy a 4k projector.
post #6576 of 6577 Old 07-23-2017, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The TV is not. It's a Toshiba LCD about 6 years old. It worked with the composite input but not HDMI.

I'm returning the Denon today, and I'm going to wait to buy a 4k receiver until I buy a 4k projector.
Ah ok then maybe it was an HDCP 2.2 issue since neither the TV or projector are HDCP 2.2 compliant and neither worked over HDMI.

Have you decided which other receiver to buy?

post #6577 of 6577 Old 07-23-2017, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Ah ok then maybe it was an HDCP 2.2 issue since neither the TV or projector are HDCP 2.2 compliant and neither worked over HDMI.

Have you decided which other receiver to buy?
I'm not buying one until I get a 4k projector. I'm using the one I had hooked up before this whole fiasco. The lightning apparently ruined the HDMI audio, so I'm using it with digital optical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc3800 1080p Home Theater Dlp Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page