Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999 - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #811 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well...I was going to wait until pricing was released on the EP8500, but with all of the positive reviews & feedback and immediate availability, I decided to pull the trigger on the 4000. This is going to be my first projector, and I'm psyched! Of course now I'm looking at screens, riser blueprints, lighting, etc. My wife is starting to cringe.

Per others' advice, I'm gonna start out with just the projector. I'll fiddle with it in the room to figure out how big of a screen I want, which wall to use, how to mount it, etc. Thanks for the pics and impressions everyone. I can't believe how good those screenshots look! I think this is going to be a rather dramatic and immersive step up from my 5 yr. old 50" DLP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 03:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Ritt View Post

Well...I was going to wait until pricing was released on the EP8500, but with all of the positive reviews & feedback and immediate availability, I decided to pull the trigger on the 4000. This is going to be my first projector, and I'm psyched! Of course now I'm looking at screens, riser blueprints, lighting, etc. My wife is starting to cringe.

Per others' advice, I'm gonna start out with just the projector. I'll fiddle with it in the room to figure out how big of a screen I want, which wall to use, how to mount it, etc. Thanks for the pics and impressions everyone. I can't believe how good those screenshots look! I think this is going to be a rather dramatic and immersive step up from my 5 yr. old 50" DLP.

Epson has got to be losing possible sales by delaying pricing announcements. On the other hand if they follow previous pricing it may be a moot point anyway since they're usually a bit more money. I'm in the same boat however I'm upgrading from a 65" Mits RPTV. I'm gonna hold out a few more days until the pricing comes out on the Epson as painful as the wait is. I've waited this long a few more days won't kill me. On the other hand if I decide to get the Panny I can have it the same day. PP is in my home town. I'll just drive over and pick one up . The only bummer is I have to pay tax!
post #813 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian S View Post

Epson has got to be losing possible sales by delaying pricing announcements. On the other hand if they follow previous pricing it may be a moot point anyway since they're usually a bit more money. I'm in the same boat however I'm upgrading from a 65" Mits RPTV. I'm gonna hold out a few more days until the pricing comes out on the Epson as painful as the wait is. I've waited this long a few more days won't kill me. On the other hand if I decide to get the Panny I can have it the same day. PP is in my home town. I'll just drive over and pick one up . The only bummer is I have to pay tax!

Brian, by not releasing the pricing Epson is really, in effect, telling us what their pricing will be. If they had decided to directly compete with Panasonic price wise, we'd already know because the people in marketing would not let prospective buyers just flock to the Panny without informing their prospective customer whoa, wait a minute, we're the same price as the Panasonic. On the other hand, knowing that the price of the 8500 will be higher, it makes no sense to disclose that ahead of time because you will most definitely lose all those who are strictly making their decision based on a cost basis.

Bottom line, the 8500 will be at least a couple of hundred dollars more than the Panny. (By the way, I hope I'm wrong about this!).
post #814 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce3404 View Post

Glad this issue came up. While I'm very happy with my new projector, I can see that I'm at bare minimum distance of 11'5" from my 114" diagonal screen (based on 16:9 and 1.0 screen gain, the calculator shows me in the red zone). The AE4000 owner's manual says the projector needs to be no less than 11'4" back (I extrapolated, since the manual only lists 100 and 120" screen sizes in my range).
The optimal distance according to the PC calculator is 14'11". With a little work, it's doable to move the projector back. If I move the projector back, what sort of benefit will I gain? Will to picture look much better? I may do this anyway, since the projector is so large and a bit of a distraction since it sits in front of me; by moving it back, it would be directly overhead.

Hmm, when I ran the AE4000 numbers with the pro calculator for a 16x9 114" screen at 11'5", it shows in green (Recommended screen brightness for low ambient light) for me. Not red. With a screen brightness of 20 fL. Personally I think that would be just fine with the great black levels of the AE4000. One thing I don't know about the calculator is if it is based on the max light output or the eco light level. I assume the max light. So you could easily just run it in low bulb mode if you find the image too bright or the black levels too bright. But I have a feeling you would love the image. If you really want the projector, I would get it, try it at 11'5" and you can always move it back by hand to see if the lower brightness is better for you further back.
Moving it further back while keep the screen size the same at 114" would only reduce the image brightness. And that is either a pro or a con. Depends on your room and your preference.

Personally, the AE4000 in your setup at 20 fL is way brighter than my current Optoma HD70 at 12'6" away from a 100" 16x9 screen with a screen brightness of 16 fL. And I have mine in eco bulb mode, so I assume it's even dimmer than that. And it's plenty bright enough for me. But with the black levels not being the greatest, I wouldn't want my HD70 any brighter. But I would love 20 fL given the black levels sound awesome!
post #815 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neflier View Post

My unit is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Does anyone know if there are discrete IR codes available for power on/off and inputs? Hex would be ideal. I spoke with Panasonic and they indicated the hex codes are "propriatary information" and would not release them.

Try these on/off codes for the AE3000:
w w w.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?keywords=5446&highlight=3000
(not enough posts for posting links so skip the spaces in the link above)

Still waiting for my AE4000 so i can´t try them just yet!
post #816 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Are any of you new 4000 owners, former DLP owners? The reason I ask is I have had LCD's up to the Panasonic 900, but have since owned DLP for it's great ansi contrast, and tack sharp picture. My question is how sharp it the picture compared to DLP.

Mike
post #817 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:50 PM

Anyone knows the size of the box of the PT-AE4000?

Thanks
post #818 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

OK Guys,

Here are my impressions of the AE4000 thus far:

Background:
------------
I have been looking for a replacement for my 720p projector (Marantz VP4001). I have been all over the map. I am currently demoing the Sony HW15, the AE3000 and the AE4000. I am using a Carada 128" 2.35:1 BW screen.

Impressions:
------------
AE4000 vs. BenQ W6000: I purchased the Benq W6000 twice, thats right....twice...because I have always bought DLP and I thought maybe I was just being too harsh in my assessment of first W6000 so I wanted to give it a second shot. Bottom line - the issues with the W6000 model deserve a thread of their own - I would not waste my money on it considering all the great competition out there. Consider for example the W6000's a) fan and color wheel noise -which gets worse at 24p, b) noisy and visually noticeable IRIS as well as the periodic high pitched whine that accompanies it, c) the unacceptable level of image noise, d) the overdone sharpening, e)the so so black levels, and f) the higher price.

AE4000 vs. AE3000: No brainer. The AE4000 sports a better picture and it is cheaper. It is definitely brighter - absolutely no issue watching films with my size screen in "Color 1" mode. In fact, I am beginning to think that I don't even need high lamp mode in a darkened room. The colors are better out of the box. It has better lip sync when using "Mode 1" frame creation. There is a clear improvement in black levels. The aspec-ratio auto switching is a gem of a feature. I'm also not sure whether I got a bad AE3000, but the AE3000 lens was pretty bad. The AE4000 lens is far superior. The AE4000 also has multiple test patterns that I have found useful and a slightly revamped menu system and remote.

AE4000 vs. Sony HW15: This is a real tough battle and I will do some more evaluation over the weekend. I will say that although the picture on both projectors is great right out of the box, there is something special about the HW15 picture. However, this may be a non-issue if both are calibrated similarly (ie, saturation, colors, etc.). Black levels and brightness are great on both. The HW15 has better shadow detail so far, but I really need to calibrate brightness and contrast on the AE4000 before I make a true comparison. Then I will see whether the AE4000 can match the HW15's shadow detail without sacrificing black level by increasing brightness too much.

The AE4000 has some features like "auto aspect-ratio" conversion that are really key for people like me who have a 2.35 screen. The AE4000 also has frame interpolation which I have come to respect and appreciate when used properly (mode 1 most of the time). The AE4000 also upconverts 24P to 96P which makes for an extremely stable image with none of the flicker I am sensitive to on HW15 that clearly is playing 24P at 24hz. The AE4000 is more sensitive to the HDMI cable length than the Sony. A 45ft HDMI cable is no problem for the Sony, but too long for the AE4000 to reliably sync all the time. The AE4000 is very quiet, but the HW15 is silent.

If the Sony had all the features of the AE4000, I would probably pick it as my choice. However, I think that they are close enough in picture quality that the price and features of the AE4000 (including 96P and FI) make it a hands down winner for me.

Summary:
----------
I am impressed with the AE4000 and the HW15. The only issue I have with both is my sensitivity to Motion Blur. The FI of the AE4000 helps a lot. I am attempting to view a wide variety of material to be sure my sensitivity isn't caused by the source material (ie, poor filming or excessively shaky cinematography). So far, the AE4000 is ahead by two strides. Stay tuned for more comments.
post #819 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 PM

I figured that will likely be the case. But by how many dollars is the question. Because if it's close and retains it's edge in black level and brightness, etc.. then it may be worth the extra few bucks. But if it's considerably more then they will have my made the decision for me. See this will be my first PJ. I'm certain I'd be happy with either one. At this point for Epson to earn my business they need to give me a very good reason not to buy the Panny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post

Bottom line, the 8500 will be at least a couple of hundred dollars more than the Panny. (By the way, I hope I'm wrong about this!).

post #820 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

Yes but the problem with the other few that did have them was you couldn't memories the settings for saved ratios like on the 4000. This is the first projector thats ever had this function of saving the blanking settings as far as I know.

Hi Murray how did you enjoy the AE4000. I must say the one I bought from you is amazing. I honestly had no idea it would be such a huge step up from my Sony. This AE4000 is unlike anything I have seen before. The clarity, contrast and black levels are mind blowing. This is the best money I have spent on my HT. My Blu-rays have never looked so clean.

Many thanks again.
post #821 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganross View Post

OK Guys,

Here are my impressions of the AE4000 thus far:

Background:
------------
I have been looking for a replacement for my 720p projector (Marantz VP4001). I have been all over the map. I am currently demoing the Sony HW15, the AE3000 and the AE4000. I am using a Carada 128" 2.35:1 BW screen.

Impressions:
------------
AE4000 vs. BenQ W6000: I purchased the Benq W6000 twice, thats right....twice...because I have always bought DLP and I thought maybe I was just being too harsh in my assessment of first W6000 so I wanted to give it a second shot. Bottom line - the issues with the W6000 model deserve a thread of their own - I would not waste my money on it considering all the great competition out there. Consider for example the W6000's a) fan and color wheel noise -which gets worse at 24p, b) noisy and visually noticeable IRIS as well as the periodic high pitched whine that accompanies it, c) the unacceptable level of image noise, d) the overdone sharpening, e)the so so black levels, and f) the higher price.

AE4000 vs. AE3000: No brainer. The AE4000 sports a better picture and it is cheaper. It is definitely brighter - absolutely no issue watching films with my size screen in "Color 1" mode. In fact, I am beginning to think that I don't even need high lamp mode in a darkened room. The colors are better out of the box. It has better lip sync when using "Mode 1" frame creation. There is a clear improvement in black levels. The aspect ration auto switching is a gem of a feature. I'm also not sure whether I got a bad AE3000, but the AE3000 lens was pretty bad. The AE4000 lens is far superior. The AE4000 also has multiple test patterns that I have found useful and a slightly revamped menu system and remote.

AE4000 vs. Sony HW15: This is a real tough battle and I will do some more evaluation over the weekend. I will say that although the picture on both projectors is great right out of the box, there is something special about the HW15 picture. However, this may be a non-issue if both are calibrated similarly (ie, saturation, colors, etc.). Black levels and brightness are great on both. The HW15 has better shadow detail so far, but I really need to calibrate brightness and contrast on the AE4000 before I make a true comparison. Then I will see whether the AE4000 can match the HW15's shadow detail without sacrificing black level by increasing brightness too much.

The AE4000 has some features like "auto aspect ratio" conversion that are really key for people like me who have a 2.35 screen. The AE4000 also has frame interpolation which I have come to respect and appreciate when used properly (mode 1 most of the time). The AE4000 also upconverts 24P to 96P which makes for an extremely stable image with none of the flicker I am sensitive to on HW15 which clearly is playing 24P at 24hz. The AE4000 is more sensitive to the HDMI cable length than the Sony. A 45ft HDMI cable is no problem for the Sony, but too long for the AE4000 to reliably sync all the time. The AE4000 is very quiet, but the HW15 is silent.

If the Sony had all the features of the AE4000, I would probably pick it as my choice. However, I think that they are close enough in picture quality that the price and features of the AE4000 (including 96P and FI) make it a hands down winner for me.

Summary:
----------
I am impressed with the AE4000 and the HW15. The only issue I have with both is my sensitivity to Motion Blur. The FI of the AE4000 helps a lot. I am attempting to view a wide variety of material to be sure my sensitivity isn't limited by the source material (ie, poor filming or excessively shaky cinematography). So far, the AE4000 is ahead by two strides. Stay tuned for more comments.

Great write up, Thanks. I would appreciate it if you could post your impression of the Sony and Panny vs. the VP4001. I have a Sharp Z3000, which is the same as the VP4001, and being a die hard fan of DLP (great ANSI, excellent color & sharpness and sealed optics etc.), I am to hesitant to make the switch to LCD.

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
post #822 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex solomon View Post

Great write up, Thanks. I would appreciate it if you could post your impression of the Sony and Panny vs. the VP4001. I have a Sharp Z3000, which is the same as the VP4001, and being a die hard fan of DLP, I am to hesitant to make the switch to LCD.

There is no comparison, the newer projectors are superior in every way: picture, black levels, detail, shadow detail. But its not that fair since you are comparing new generation to an old generation and high resolution to low resolution. I pulled out the VP4001 this past week just to compare. I am not going back to 720P

I very much would like another DLP. Ther problem is the cost and availability of models. I am now a firm believer in CIH using zoom. The only two DLPs that give me the zoom range are the W6000 (you know my feeling on that model) and the Infocus Sp8602 (twice the price and thus far turning out to be vaporware)
post #823 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Great write up, Thanks. I would appreciate it if you could post your impression of the Sony and Panny vs. the VP4001. I have a Sharp Z3000, which is the same as the VP4001, and being a die hard fan of DLP (great ANSI, excellent color & sharpness and sealed optics etc.), I am to hesitant to make the switch to LCD.

Loganross, thanks for the great review. Very nice observations. I too would be interested in hearing how you perceive the 4000 versus the VP4001, a very nice projector in its own right.
Oops, you beat me to the punch!
post #824 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Coming from the Marantz DLP, I have not found that I am giving up Ansi, pop, wow, vividness or anything else with these new LCOS and LCD machines. My only issue is Motion Blur to which I am highly sensitive to.
post #825 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio2000 View Post

Guys,

Great experiences thus far.

Question:

When I am at home and I watch and LCD TV, one thing that bugs me is I have to sit at the right height. When I sit on the carpet the LCD is not visible and shows artifacts, thus I need to sit at an exact angle.

Does the Panasonic AE 4000 Projector do the same thing? Or can you sit at any angle with an LCD PJ? Reason I ask is that I have a Plasma in my media room and can sit at any angle.

Thanks

As long as you don't have a high gain screen (High Power, Silverstar) you don't need to worry about viewing angle with any projector technology.

LCD flat panels work on a different principle.
post #826 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Coming from the Marantz DLP, I have not found that I am giving up Ansi, pop, wow, vividness or anything else with these new LCOS and LCD machines. My only issue is Motion Blur to which I am highly sensitive to.

Thanks. Much appreciated.
post #827 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugDog View Post

Scaler doesn't seem to be that great. but I got nothing else. My wife admitted last night that she was a little skeptical about me buying a new projector and then tells she sees a huge difference and loves it.

Standard def Comcast is horrible but I think that is more on Comcast, very blocky with tons of blur. Almost can't watch it, VHS would be better.

The only thing I can gripe about so far is the lens cap, it has a metal liner and spring loaded clips. It is huge with unexpected heft to it, I think I will remove the tether. The projector body is also huge, sitting on top of my old pioneer vsx-1016 it it about the same size.

Fitted fleabay ceiling mount (worked just fine, under $50) and PJ is off the coffee table and ready to go up, now stuck waiting for paint to dry and I am beat...painting sucks.
post #828 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM

I'd love to hear more details on the scaler performance with respect to SD content (e.g. good quality TV signal, DVD, Wii).

This is one area the Epson has a known (very good) quantity with the Reon. Also, if the Panny scales DVD well, then there's little reason to get a better upscaling DVD/BD player (i.e. the $500 oppo BD vs e.g. a $200 panny BD).

Lastly, when giving your descriptions of performance or pictures, especially with respect to brightness, please include:
1) Screen size and gain
2) Projection distance, lamp normal or eco and projection mode (i.e. Cinema 1, normal, etc.)
3) Room wall/ceiling colors and lighting conditions if not obvious from any pics.

This info makes meaningful comparisons much easier.
Thanks!
post #829 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. I am looking at the JVC RS20 and Planar PD8150 (DLP) as well. While I am willing to pay up for these projectors, I won't consider paying up three times or more for 5-10% improvement. It is good to know that I won't be giving up any by upgrading to the Panny from my trusty old 720p PJ. I still do love the picture the Sharp throws. One last thing, how is the sharpness of these new LCDs compared to the Vp4001?

I want to hear opinions from people who don't have a dog in the fight.
post #830 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

There's also something about Sony LCD flat panels that seems to improve shadow detail over other manufacturers. It may be how Sony adjusts the gamma - I don't know. Shadow detail on the Sony LCD flat panel in my bedroom is better than most other LCDs I looked at. That's one area where I hope the AE4000 is better than my Sharp 20k DLP. That could tip the balance toward keeping the 4000 in my main home theater if other features are close.

One area where I have no expectation of better performance by the Panasonic is sharpness. The Sharp's lens is terrific. Add that to a single chip DLP design and I seriously doubt the Panasonic can surpass it. But it's the whole image I'll be looking at, not sharpness alone.

I'm afraid something might have happened to my order from VA. I left a message today, but have to wait until Monday to find out if there was some sort of issue in processing it.

Joe Clark

post #831 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

There's also something about Sony LCD flat panels that seems to improve shadow detail over other manufacturers. It may be how Sony adjusts the gamma - I don't know. Shadow detail on the Sony LCD flat panel in my bedroom is better than most other LCDs I looked at. That's one area where I hope the AE4000 is better than my Sharp 20k DLP. That could tip the balance toward keeping the 4000 in my main home theater if other features are close.

One area where I have no expectation of better performance by the Panasonic is sharpness. The Sharp's lens is terrific. Add that to a single chip DLP design and I seriously doubt the Panasonic can surpass it. But it's the whole image I'll be looking at, not sharpness alone.

I'm afraid something might have happened to my order from VA. I left a message today, but have to wait until Monday to find out if there was some sort of issue in processing it.

Joe, the HW15 is SXRD technology. I have a Sony rear projection SXRD and think it throws a great picture, but different than LCD.
post #832 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks. I am looking at the JVC RS20 and Planar PD8150 (DLP) as well. While I am willing to pay up for these projectors, I won't consider paying up three times or more for 5-10% improvement. It is good to know that I won't be giving up any by upgrading to the Panny from my trusty old 720p PJ. I still do love the picture the Sharp throws. One last thing, how is the sharpness of these new LCDs compared to the Vp4001?

There's no way I consider paying big dollars for another 1080p projector until 3D front projection is a reality. An incrementally better, reasonably priced 1080p projector like the 4000 is another matter. I'm a big screen addict. A 52" flat panel won't ever do it for me again, even in a bedroom.

Joe Clark

post #833 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post

Joe, the HW15 is SXRD technology. I have a Sony rear projection SXRD and think it throws a great picture, but different than LCD.

I was just trying to make the point that Sony sometimes seems to be able to do a better job with shadow detail than other manufacturers in their products - not that the HW15 is LCD.

Joe Clark

post #834 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Reading this thread just now has me more excited than I think I've ever been about anything. Nice pics to everyone that has posted them.
Tuesday can't come soon enough.
post #835 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I was a little surprised about the HDMI cable length issue. What length runs are you guys using and with what gauge cable? I just bought a 40 ft 22AWG cable from monoprice. I may be able to get away with 35 but it will be pushing it.

I have a solid beam across the front of my room. I can't cross it. I have to go out and around.
post #836 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post

I was a little surprised about the HDMI cable length issue. What length runs are you guys using and with what gauge cable? I just bought a 40 ft 22AWG cable from monoprice. I may be able to get away with 35 but it will be pushing it.

I have a solid beam across the front of my room. I can't cross it. I have to go out and around.

Solid beam that you can't cross? Where is the cable, up inside the ceiling?... and the beam is up there too?
Why not just drill a small hole (just big enough for the hdmi connector) through the beam, at least 2 inches from the top, then thread the cable through the hole.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #837 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:54 PM

Someone reported in an earlier post that they thought there might be a stuck pixel? What is the general return policy for that, or are you stuck living with it?
post #838 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 PM

Liked: 13
Ok..... I have about 4 hrs on this thing. This is my first projector (well second, I just bought and took back the HC6800....but that had nothing to do with the quality of the Mits....it was all about the $$$$) and I have to say that I don't know how I lived without it. I just bought a carada briliant white 102" screen (1:78). While the auto zoom feature was interesting, I just didnt want to have that small of a screen for tv watching (sports mainly). I may regret that decision, but only time will tell (screen width had to be less than 94" which led to the 102" screen purchase).

I do not have any great comments like some of the other commenters, I just wanted to say I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you bought one, I am sure you will like it as well.

Anybody have any settings they want to share? I have been running everything on cinema 1 with frame creation mode 2 or 3 (still cant decide which one I want). All the other setting are default (out of the box). Would love for some of you gurus to share what you have done to make this fabulous projector great.....

speedbal
post #839 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

What about all that talk before about the word "processing" coming up on the screen during the aspect change. Does it do this? And if it does, can you turn it off?

Mike
post #840 of 8513 Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbal View Post

Ok..... I have about 4 hrs on this thing. This is my first projector (well second, I just bought and took back the HC6800....but that had nothing to do with the quality of the Mits....it was all about the $$$$) and I have to say that I don't know how I lived without it. I just bought a carada briliant white 102" screen (1:78). While the auto zoom feature was interesting, I just didnt want to have that small of a screen for tv watching (sports mainly). I may regret that decision, but only time will tell (screen width had to be less than 94" which led to the 102" screen purchase).

I do not have any great comments like some of the other commenters, I just wanted to say I am very satisfied with my purchase. If you bought one, I am sure you will like it as well.

Anybody have any settings they want to share? I have been running everything on cinema 1 with frame creation mode 2 or 3 (still cant decide which one I want). All the other setting are default (out of the box). Would love for some of you gurus to share what you have done to make this fabulous projector great.....

speedbal

How does frame creation mode 2 and 3 look ? I they produce the soap opera or video carmera look while watching movies ?

kevin
tmyhog likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page