Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999 - Page 286 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #8551 of 8557 Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_breeze View Post
FAN: I run the fan at the "regular altitude" setting, in Eco mode for 1.33 and 1.85 movies; Normal mode for 2.40:1 (with a CIH setup).
Ohh you can do that. I need to do check into how to do this. I have 2.40 setup as a saved setting and I'm in a CIH setup as well, but I didn't know I could adjust bulb brightness mode with that memory setting too.

That's wasn't flying... That was falling with style!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8552 of 8557 Old 01-31-2015, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownTheater View Post
Ohh you can do that. I need to do check into how to do this. I have 2.40 setup as a saved setting and I'm in a CIH setup as well, but I didn't know I could adjust bulb brightness mode with that memory setting too.
You can't! One needs to switch the Eco setting manually each time.
post #8553 of 8557 Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Ugh. I hear a new buzzing noise as it tries to turn on, to the left of the lens as I face the lens, I think, like a misaligned fan blade whacking against an obstacle, and she won't come to life. This happened about a month ago so I opened her up, made sure the lamp and everything was well seated, put it back together, cleaned the filter, and it seemed fine, but now it seems to be a recurring issue. Anyone?
Is the 8000 the nearest replacement in the current US series? I don't really need 3D but I don't want to compromise anything else and the PTAR100U seems like a lesser series.

P.S. I'm on my 2nd lamp and it still should have hundreds of hours left on it.

P.P.S. Update. Same as before. Dismounted, removed and replaced lamp, and it now works again.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

Last edited by m. zillch; 02-23-2015 at 09:15 PM.
post #8554 of 8557 Old 02-24-2015, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Can someone help me?

Need to know resale or value of this unit in mint condition, still on original lamp with less than 100 hours total. Complete with manuals and box. PM me info if someone could? Thanks in advance

Sent via my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #8555 of 8557 Old 02-24-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post
Can someone help me?

Need to know resale or value of this unit in mint condition, still on original lamp with less than 100 hours total. Complete with manuals and box. PM me info if someone could? Thanks in advance.
If you follow the lead of current sellers on eBay...around $950 may be about the best you could do. However finding a buyer at this price could be a challenge. You can test the waters here on AVS Forum in the classified forum for projectors.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-front-projector/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #8556 of 8557 Old 03-04-2015, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For some reason my AE4000 will go into standby mode after around 30mins of use. At that point it is no longer responsive and I have to physically pull the power and plug it back in. Has anyone experienced anything like this? No messages come up on the screen it just flicks to standby while watching anything.
post #8557 of 8557 Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by razza View Post
For some reason my AE4000 will go into standby mode after around 30mins of use. At that point it is no longer responsive and I have to physically pull the power and plug it back in. Has anyone experienced anything like this? No messages come up on the screen it just flicks to standby while watching anything.
You may find some useful information in this thread.

Problem powering up Panasonic PT-AE4000U

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page