Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999 - Page 287 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8581 of 8582 Old Today, 04:14 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Hey bignorm
I was especially looking forward to hear about your experience with myprojectorlamps.
They are claiming that bulb is a genuine Osram p-vip bulb but if your experience was not perfect then that also leave me in doubt.
Can you be more detailed about your experience with their lamp?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I bought a bulb for an Epson 5030UB from there and was not impressed at all with what I got. To me, it really looked like what I got was already used for thousands of hours. It was no where near the brightness of the original.
Sponsored Links
post #8582 of 8582 Old Today, 07:28 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I got a bulb from a local dealer and I repeatedly forewarned them to supply only an original lamp. What they send me with a technician was a bare bulb with Panasonic and bulb model number printed on it. This bulb has the same marking( Panasonic, model number, made in, hg) as that on what came out of my projector(bought in Oct 2010). But the similarities ended here.
The original bulb contained one more marking printed on it which I think is a serial number and another marking which was unreadable but it looked to be engraved or maybe printed by a very light colored ink. The burner on the original bulb has marking either engraved or light colored ink. These three things are missing on the new bulb. Also original bulb said 'made in China' but the new bulb said 'made in Japan'. The new bulb has different power connector than the original bulb and wouldn't fit in the projector(which was explained that different ae4000 models has different connectors).
I told the technician beforehand that this looks to be counterfeit bulb and if I was not satisfied then I will not take it. He came back next day with connector changed and installed it. I had recorded a video of my original lamp with my phone and also recorded the same content with the new bulb. The new bulb's brightness was somewhat lower than my original bulb(used for 2000 hours mostly at normal mode with picture mode also at normal).
I returned the lamp and he will bring an original bulb today but I am very skeptical now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by neeraj0272; Today at 07:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page