Panasonic PT-AE4000 MSRP $1999 - Page 290 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
post #8671 of 8672 Unread Today, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deromax View Post
My 4000 at home is also puting out a great picture. I work in a high school and maintain a stable of around 60 (cheap) projectors and they fade fast. Even with a new lamp, they are not as bright and colorful as they were when new. Granted, my home projector is not powered several hours a day for years!
My 4000 is far more impressive compared to the 2 Sanyo projectors I had previously too. These 4000 lamps look far brighter after 3000 or 4000 hours each. Would be a shame to lose it over a stupid fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8672 of 8672 Unread Today, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1623 Post(s)
Liked: 1060
I just thought to mention that in addition to fans, the internal variable iris, which changes rapidly from frame to frame, is also known to cause noises and/or shut down issues in some aging Panasonics, which can easily be mistaken as a fan noise.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".

Last edited by m. zillch; Today at 01:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page