Epson 1080 UB - horizontal split image problem - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 39 Old 07-29-2014, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same problem here. Can anyone confirm the "run for 15 hours" method?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdef View Post
Same problem here. Can anyone confirm the "run for 15 hours" method?
I just installed a new Cannon Lamp and I'm having the same issue. Any feedback on from the other folks that were having the issue? Did it go away after 15 hours?
post #33 of 39 Old 08-23-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Rhodes View Post
I just installed a new Cannon Lamp and I'm having the same issue. Any feedback on from the other folks that were having the issue? Did it go away after 15 hours?
My replacement lamp from discount merchants stopped doing the horizontal line thing after about 4 hours. Looks great now.

post #34 of 39 Old 03-01-2016, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
10 hour burn on new lamp = Success!

My second hand Epson 8350's original lamp made it to just over 2200 hours before failure. I managed to find a local source for the Epson OEM lamp at $249! Very shortly after returning from the ~hour round trip to get it, installing it and being astonished by the split screen; I found this thread. No doubt, I was furious at first that the lamp seemed to be F'd, then realized there was just no way it would cause this and went looking for answers.

After reading this thread, I decided to let some HD programming run all night. After probably 10 hours the line is gone and there is no trace of any issue with the picture. It is what it should be. Epson should acknowledge this or fix the issue with their code. It's obvious that the new lamp is shocking something in the PJ's circuitry to cause this anomaly on screen after lamp replacement.

Hth,

-klb
post #35 of 39 Old 05-18-2017, 06:47 PM

Liked: 14
well i hate to join the club.......Epson 8350 freaking expensive Epson proprietary bulb and i have the 50/50 split.....2178 hours on last non proprietary bulb and now this. i did have the fan setting on the high altitude.....keeping my fingers crossed that 10 to 15 hours will burn it in if not i will take it out and look at the electrical probe connections.

I bought the bulb two years ago as a spare and i am sure its out of any warranty period so that ship has sailed. i am now thinking screw the expensive bulbs and go right to less expensive ones. i will keep you posted.
post #36 of 39 Old 05-20-2017, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This problem does not seem to be a problem with the bulb since it displays a perfect "non-fuzzy" distinct line that divides the top and the bottom. Looks like to be a problem with either the LCD panels or the polarizers. It is strange that it seems to occur when folks change their bulb though.
jasonsong likes this.
post #37 of 39 Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith967 View Post
This problem does not seem to be a problem with the bulb since it displays a perfect "non-fuzzy" distinct line that divides the top and the bottom. Looks like to be a problem with either the LCD panels or the polarizers. It is strange that it seems to occur when folks change their bulb though.
Does seem pretty weird. Actually I would say it's probably a processor issue not even a LCD panel issue. Maybe the change in voltage with the new bulb is upsetting some values in the signal processing stage that it will relearn after some time?

7.2: Yamaha RX-A830 | Klipsch Synergy F30 + C20 + Sub12x2 + Onkyo HTIB Surrounds | Epson HC2040 Silver Ticket 120 inch Grey Screen
5.1: Yamaha RX-V475 | Mirage Omni 550 Onkyo HTIB Center + Surrounds + 12 inch Sub | Samsung 55 inch Smart 3DTV
post #38 of 39 Old 08-09-2017, 08:05 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobs77vet View Post
well i hate to join the club.......Epson 8350 freaking expensive Epson proprietary bulb and i have the 50/50 split.....2178 hours on last non proprietary bulb and now this. i did have the fan setting on the high altitude.....keeping my fingers crossed that 10 to 15 hours will burn it in if not i will take it out and look at the electrical probe connections.

I bought the bulb two years ago as a spare and i am sure its out of any warranty period so that ship has sailed. i am now thinking screw the expensive bulbs and go right to less expensive ones. i will keep you posted.
just to update...and yup 10 hours later the split image problem has gone away. i have no idea why but i am happy.
post #39 of 39 Old 10-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So weird...I just got a 1040 refurb and having a similar problem with a vertical line down the center and the right half has a blue tint. Exact line down the middle, though. I guess I'm going to try the "burn it in" method. Thanks for all the replies, or i would have sent this one back and gotten a new one with probably the same issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 1080 Hd Budget Priced Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page