Acer H7530d 1080p high pitched noises - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > Acer H7530d 1080p high pitched noises

Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

haikux's Avatar haikux
03:30 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 1
10-11-2009 | Posts: 1
Hello Great Forum!

I just received my Acer H7530d from Amazon Germany, It is my first projector and it's 1080p!!

The picture is beautiful and sharp (i use it as a computer screen) the colors are great but the details in the blacks are lacking in movies (which is ok by me)

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions on this projector but let me first describe my problems.

1. A small problem i can live with: when i use Picture in Picture with the computer signal as main and a video signal for the small picture (composite or component), the whole screen jitters every second or so (as if it were a frequency/synchronisation issue) I will not use PIP too much anyways, as a local TV salesman told me this is very bad. It damaged plasma screens according to him and would also damage my projector.

2 My MAIN PROBLEM is an annoying Hign Pitched noise. Which i have analysed to be double (using a frequency software generator):

One is about 3,500 Hz and seems to be coming from the DLP wheel. It squeaks when i switch input from hdmi (my computer) to composite or from composite to hdmi then restabilizes.

The other noise is much higher in pitch, around 14,000-15,000 Hz and seems to be coming from the electrical components (condensators, transformer...). It ressemble the noise that old tube TV's used to make. It is by far the most annoying. It is very ultrasound-ish sounding (like whisles for dogs) and rings in the head even after having turned off the projector.

(I'll upload the sound very soon)

Please advice me as soon a possible as i am still under the 15 days return policy of Amazon, if you think that these noises are not normal.

In the unlikely case in which these noises end up being normal, then maybe i can keep the projector and make a hush box for it. But that would be kind of wierd don't you think for a 2009 projector?

Uhh and about the small white remote control, it is not back-lit but makes up for it by its great ergonomics and sturdy feel.

Hope to hear from some expert voices soon!

acer-h7530d-noise.zip 88.49609375k . file
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Subscribe to this Thread