Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by habakoski View Post

Has anyone used ND2 filter with their Acer? I've been thinking about using a Hoya ND2 filter to tame those rainbows and to improve black level also.

Actually, most RBE complaints from most DLPs come from dark scenes that have a very bright part of the image--e.g. inside a dark room with a bright window in the background or dark room with a few bright light bulbs in the scene. So the filter might work against you. From the forum reviews so far, most people haven't noticed the RBE much in 2D, probably because it is overall very bright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Who's using a HP Dalite screen with the Acer? I've been asking about it in the screen forum. I'm being told that the Acer is not a good fit because the it doesn't have vertical lens shift and you really need to mount the projector in the middle of the screen to make it work.
post #273 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

Using a filter for 2D is probably a really good idea and I'll bet you get good brightness and a much better black level. Yes, the Acer has a lens cap.

In 3d mode you can start with the Nvidia settings and then retain 3D and move to the "user" mode and your settings will stick.

Yes, even though ND2 filter cuts the light by a whopping -50%, there's still plenty of lumens for 2D with the Da-Lite screen. Actually it's pretty close to the 3D mode, which makes the brightness difference less noticeable.

Thanks for the tips. So there's one user slot for both 2D and 3d?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post

Actually, most RBE complaints from most DLPs come from dark scenes that have a very bright part of the image--e.g. inside a dark room with a bright window in the background or dark room with a few bright light bulbs in the scene. So the filter might work against you. From the forum reviews so far, most people haven't noticed the RBE much in 2D, probably because it is overall very bright.

Ok. I was aware that high ansi contrast scenes with some movement tend to show RBE. I was also under the impression that it's a bigger problem with brighter projectors. An ND2 filter cuts the light in the both ends, so basically the contrast ratio doesn't change, only the perceived contrast (ie. blacks are blacker and whites dimmer.) I'm a bit confused.

People are also reporting that they're seeing less rainbows in 3D mode. Lumen output in 3D mode is definitely lower but at the same time the color wheel spins faster (for 120Hz refresh rate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sting View Post

Who's using a HP Dalite screen with the Acer? I've been asking about it in the screen forum. I'm being told that the Acer is not a good fit because the it doesn't have vertical lens shift and you really need to mount the projector in the middle of the screen to make it work.

Well, the Acer has pretty normal offset for a DLP projector. That means that it has to be placed vertically over the top or under the bottom of the screen. How much depends on the projection distance and screen size. You can calculate it here: http://www.acer-euro.com/pjcalculator/

For example, 100" screen from 3.2ft zoom maxed would need 6 inches.

I think this projector suits Da-Lite just fine.
post #274 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:

What PC are you driving the Acer 5360? do you have everything you need (Nvidia Graphics card, Glasses, PowerDVD10 or TMT3, etc?)

I don't have anything yet. I'm not sure if I should just wait for the Optima box to come out or try and build a htpc. I've seen one comment where the Optima box didn't look good. I hate wait just to find out its not a good product. Can I build a htpc for $500? I lean toward that option and can handle to physical part of building it. I'm just clueless on the exact hardware to buy.
post #275 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Liked: 14
Finally ceiling mounted the 5360 yesterday. I'm running a dual projector setup with a Planar 8150. In terms of 2D, the Planar is obviously a much better projector with better blacks, accurate grayscale and color, and 1080p resolution. But we're all buying this thing for affordable 3D DLP. In this dept, it's exceeded my expectations. I threw the same 3D demo discs, movies, and clips that I've played on my Sony HX909 lcd and viewed on a Panasonic plasma. There is no comparison--you get zero ghosting with DLP. And the size of the projected 3D image gives a much better immersive effect than the flat panels can. The only thing that flat panels have over projected 3D DLP is image brightness. My screen is a first generation firehawk, but I'm sure you'll get more pop with a high power screen.

For the 3D source side, I'm using PowerDVD and the Nvidia 3D vision kit. PowerDVD has a useful function where it can autodetect side by side or over/under files and output it in 120hz mode. I'm going to wait until we get universal glasses that support the Nvidia emitter before buying another pair. For now, I've decided against doing DLP link because of the white flash sync. If the glasses are open during the flash, I'm guessing this would reduce the contrast ratio. If the glasses close to hide the flash, then it reduces the open state time which can introduce flicker or make the image less bright. But these are just assumptions since I haven't personally viewed them.

This is one of the best bang per buck deals in home theater today. TI should be actively marketing the fact that DLP is the only commercial display technology that can deliver crosstalk-free time sequential 3D. Makes no sense that you have to research crosstalk white papers to know this.
post #276 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 100
RBE in 3D mode is much less noticeable - In fact I don't see it at all!
The HP screen works with the Acer - you can ceiling mount the Acer with a mount that has an extension arm so you can lower the projector by several feet. The Acer has automatic keystone correction that works well so titling the projector up or down a little isn't a problem.
The Acer has a "user" setting in 3D mode that allows you to adjust settings that stick.

If you have a PC that'll work then buying the Acer is a no brainer!

The guys buying the relatively expensive Sonys and JVCs are trying to rationalize the ghosting they're getting and their less bright images in 3D. I couldn't rationalize buying a projector that requires paying as much for a replacement bulb as the Acer with bulb costs in total! They have much better powers of rationalization than I do!

Yes, their projectors look a lot sexier, but once you turn out the lights it's the performance that counts!
post #277 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Hey guys, I just got my Acer earlier this week and all I can say is: wow! I love this thing. I've got it projecting onto a wall that is a color something like french vanilla or deviled egg yolk, and yet the picture still looks pretty good. Really good, actually...other than blacks it exceeds my expectations given the setup.

FOr my original setup (i hadn't felt like moving any furniture, just wanted to test it out before i decided to commit to rearranging things) I measured the height of the image and figured it was about 85" diagonal. Everything looked good, but of course i wanted to really push it and go bigger. Now it's more like 100" maybe a little more, and I'm sitting about 10.25' from the wall. SD content looks a little worse now of course, but HD looks awesome and the bigger screen overall feels more satisfying...that's what i wanted out of this most of all, because i'm coming from a 32" lcd tv that while sweet is just too damn small.

I measured the power draw on eco mode at ~203 watts give or take, and "0" for off (my killawatt can't measure below 1 watt, but it does soak up some juice when off according to overall power usage measurements). One thing I noticed is settings like contrast or brightness don't affect power usage like with LCD TVs unfortunately, so I guess around 200 watts is the lowest power usage possible while the Acer is on. This isn't a big deal to me since my TV used 150 watts while watching content, but it is a little disappointing since I could cut that in half by switching to a 0 contrast/brightness/etc user setting for a "standby mode" if you will. And compared to current LCD TV models' power usage it could be a deal breaker for some.

All in all pretty awesome little projector for 480 bucks. I thought I might be disappointed with it compared to my 32" lcd tv...and the blacks do kinda suck..but given i had some experience with a DLP TV and also given the wall it's projecting on I really can't complain. Taking a cue from another user, I was able to mess with my graphics card settings to get some extra detail in the blacks. I'm no expert and I'm sure I'm giving up something else (maybe the purest blacks?) to get the detail but whatever. It's so nice not being limited to a 32" screen anymore...so, so nice.

Now for the bad: rainbow effect...I'd say it's pretty noticeable about 1/4 or less of the time. VERY noticeable in certain movies' scenes: Saving Private Ryan, for one, and Sin City for pretty much the whole movie since it is mostly dark blacks and bright whites. For those of you who haven't experienced it before (like me before a few days ago), I'm not saying noticeable like the screen turns to "a day in the life of hunter s. thompson", but what I mean is you'll flick your eyes or blink or something and for a brief moment you see something i would describe as kinda like colored static, and in your head you might be like "yup, there it is". After about 5 days of use, though, I think it's less intrusive than when I first got the H5360 and I didn't think it was that bad in the first place. Even though I can notice it I really don't think it is a deal breaker at all. I didn't notice it at all in battlefield 1943 on xbox 360, but that's a bright game so I'll try a dark one out if i have one and give my thoughts. I was (still am) prepared to sell it used on ebay or something if the RBE is annoying in games or if dark games are unplayable, but on the RBE front it's pretty much a non-issue at this point.

One more thing..about the black detail... Based on what I saw in viewing Saving Private Ryan on the first night I had the projector, I figured dark movies might suck hard on the projector. I skipped through Dark City to confirm and found that dark scenes looked truly terrible so I played around a little till I found something decent with my graphics card settings (took about 5-10 minutes) and now I can make out a lot more of what's going on in the image and the picture still looks good to me (not too "gray" blacks, my primary concern, but again to me..i'm no expert)

Anyway, those are my thoughts for now,thanks for reading

Oh and Jerry: It's TEAL, and it's spectacular

She will live on in my heart...oh yeah, and on the internet
post #278 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Very impressed by Acer H5360 projector.

I bought it from newegg on one of the exceptional deals.
So far I just set it up on my basement and onto a "linen-white" painted wall. The color, contrast, and resolution are awe-inspiring to us. Before, the best TV I had is Sony 37 inch LCD TV. I am going to buy a manual pull-down screen, and I expect the "black level or fog at the background" will improve even further.
It is my first projector, and I cannot find anything bad about this Acer H5360. Well, lack of horizontal keystone correction adds a lot of trouble to the placement of the projector. But I would rather save money now, and upgrade later to a mature 3D projector.
post #279 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I could set an Acer right side up, dead center left/right and 12" above the center of screen, 13 1/2' -14' from an 8'4" wide 16x9 AR old formula high gain fixed mount High Power. Will this work with the lens range to fill the screen and vertically? It would be sitting on top of a module I built in the middle of split level seating that houses an RS25 and allows seating below, above and to the sides of the projector for really good HP sweet spots. Complete light control if needed in the theater.

I am not interested in "PC" gaming but very interested in playing 3D Bluray discs, and very interested also in what I read somewhere as reasonably good or was it "very good" 2D >3D real time conversion from 2D discs?

What would be the least expensive PC setup and optimum card to set it up with for those two things? How much cost am I looking at without the glasses, and then which glasses should be purchased for optimum performance with that system?

Many thanks for anyone who can please let me know on the above. I am not an HTPC savvy person but will be all over this if the throw distance above and 1 foot above centerline of screen will work for me.

Thanks again

Ron
post #280 of 1760 Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Mounted mine on a shelf even with the top of the headboard of the bed. Quick and dirty mounted a 54 x 36" piece of blackout cloth ($4) to a 2 x 2 resting on top of the front speakers. The screen is 7' from the projector that is even with the middle of the screen. The PJ is aimed at the bottom of the screen (paperback book under the rear) and image is corrected with manual keystone adjustment. Gives me a 55" diagonal picture (48 x 27).Football games today were amazing!

So yes, there is manuvering room for projector placement.

Edit: This little projector appears to be made to sit behind it with the PJ on a coffee table. I mean it would be perfect for that with the remote fitting into the slot on the rear top surface of the 5360.

Just checked again and auto keystone works at this range too! Have not noticed any RBE all day.
My center speaker is behind the screen and still works the same.
post #281 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

I could set an Acer right side up, dead center left/right and 12" above the center of screen, 13 1/2' -14' from an 8'4" wide 16x9 AR old formula high gain fixed mount High Power. Will this work with the lens range to fill the screen and vertically? It would be sitting on top of a module I built in the middle of split level seating that houses an RS25 and allows seating below, above and to the sides of the projector for really good HP sweet spots. Complete light control if needed in the theater.

I am not interested in "PC" gaming but very interested in playing 3D Bluray discs, and very interested also in what I read somewhere as reasonably good or was it "very good" 2D >3D real time conversion from 2D discs?

What would be the least expensive PC setup and optimum card to set it up with for those two things? How much cost am I looking at without the glasses, and then which glasses should be purchased for optimum performance with that system?

Many thanks for anyone who can please let me know on the above. I am not an HTPC savvy person but will be all over this if the throw distance above and 1 foot above centerline of screen will work for me.

Thanks again

Ron

ron sounds like you have the projector in a great spot for the HP screen, this is where i have mine. I have a 142" Dalite 2.8 fixed frame screen with the acer and the brightness for me is 'just right' through the shutter glasses.

just about any modern PC will be fine, if you were building a budget PC today with a dual core processor, 4 GB ram, 1 terabyte hardrive (~$60 these days) and an Nvidia GT430. I have the ASUS brand, $79 and it works great with 3D Bluray. Add in a cheap DB reader and you are set. You should be able to do this for ~$500.

You'll need Powerdvd10 and the Nvidia IR kit w/ Glasses. The kit sells for $159 from tiger direct (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...845&CatId=5956). you can add a second pair for $115.

There is a thread in the HTPC section of this site under 'Building a 3D HTPC' with good guidelines for building a 3D capable PC.
post #282 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 PM

I purchased an acer 5360 and an optoma hd66 because I just couldn't decide reading reviews.

My 2 cents: They are really a push. The optoma colors suck out of the box but can be adjusted to be very very close to the acer. I set the two up side by side on the same screen to test.

The menus on the optoma are a tad better. The acer 3d popup sucks. The remote controls for both suck. Both are a bit of a pita for high rear shelf setup and could really use a lens shift. That said they both have good 3d performance. One thing to note is when acer it put into 3d mode it does some color and contrast wash out. The optoma doesn't do that and the colors/etc look same as they did with 3d off. Odd part is once fullscreen 3d, both look 95% the same.

For those that reported one or the other has more/less rainbow. I can say they are the same. Putting on a dark scene with high contrast, both really suck and have 'old-school' dlp rainbow. Newer higher speed color wheels are much better.

I may sound down on both of these, but I'm really not. For the price I think they are both an amazing deal. They aren't going to win any awards against projectors that cost 4x as much, but I'd say they offer great entry level 720p and outstanding 3d for a price-point that blows the mind. Compare either of these projectors to any 3d TVs out there and I'm pretty sure it mops the floor with them for a fraction of the price.
post #283 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM

One thing to note. I use viewsonic/optoma dlplink glasses and not nvidia 3dvision. I didn't want to have to have an emiter when the projector already does that.

The glasses are top notch. There is however some driver struggle with ati and nvidia. Here is what I've found:

ATI 5770, you have to use iz3d and a beta ati driver that enabled quad buffering. The driver name is 8.78-RC1. Oddly once installed it enables quad buffering and you can upgrade to the newest driver without it being disabled. Once setup, I was able to play crysis, masseffect,bioshock2,falloutnewvegs, and a few others with no issues. No eye swapping etc. However, stereoscopic player and most side-by-side half or full sbs will do momentary eyeswap for a split second now and then. Just enough to really irritate me. The eyeswap doesn't stay incorrect and corrects itself in a fraction of a second. Makes it seem similar to a jitter/pauseout, but also has a harsher effect on the eye/brain as it tries to make sense out of the screwy3d.

NVidia 8800GTS, Interestingly this fixed 100% of the movie eyeswapping in stereoscopic player. However, the driver wants to force 60Hz in all games. I used the utility called RefreshForce to force 120Hz. Even then, with the iz3d driver all games seemed to take a 80% or more fps hit when in 3d. The fps hit with the ati card/driver seemed to be very minor. Granted 8800GTS is a bit old but was the only nvidia card I had around.

Anyone else using viewsonic/optoma or other dlp-link glasses and have stereoscopic player working 100% without any momentary eyeswapping? I'd like to know your setup.

mine is:

Proj: Acer5360 or Optoma HD66 (both 99% same in all issues)
CPU: phenom2x4@3.4GHz
GPU: ATI 5770 or Geforce 8800GTS
memory: 4GB RAM
3d Driver: iz3D (tried tridef but iz3d worked a lot better)
movie player: stereoscopic player
post #284 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't use the Acer for 2D at all. I watched a few scenes of Avatar and HTTYD tonight just to see how they looked (middle parts of both movies). Avatar looks better (quite a bit in my opinion) than when I saw it in 3D at the IMAX - simply stunning! HTTYD in 3D is sooo much better than the 2D version, which was pretty good. You've got to see what this looks like on a 120" HP screen. I feel like a five year old on Christmas day. Talk about eye candy. I just pray everything keeps working the way it has been.
post #285 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM

Hello everyone , I just picked the AcerH5360 up for $349.99 plus 15% sales tax at a national electronics store in Nova Scotia, Canada. Wow Thats a steal in my book. I bought it for a rec room in my basement. (because of the price) . Unbelievable. I have an Epson 1080ub , and an older Epson hc720. This is my first DLP and I must say I like the overall look of DLP but the 3x color wheel and the rainbows are a bit of a negative. $349.99 plus tx. What negative? This unit is bright, somewhat 3D capable, I am pleased on a cost VS performance ratio. Any suggestions on - the rainbow effect? Thanks as always guys. $349.99 lol lollol
post #286 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM

suggestion for rainbow? hmm...

1. stop looking for it (I know it kinda just jumps out at me too)
2. try to ignore it
3. or.... sell me the projector at $350
post #287 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friken View Post

One thing to note is when acer it put into 3d mode it does some color and contrast wash out. The optoma doesn't do that and the colors/etc look same as they did with 3d off. Odd part is once fullscreen 3d, both look 95% the same.

I didn't get the statement: Odd part is once fullscreen 3d, both look 95% the same?

When does the acer look washed out--only when the screen is smaller than 720p--e.g. any window smaller than fullscreen?
post #288 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 PM

Liked: 12
Wow! Pretty impressive. I went ahead and bought a refurbished model to save a few more bucks, and so far, so good. Just arrived today, and I only watched 2d material, including TDK, Iron Man 2, Avatar, and played some MW2 and Black Ops. It's being projected on a 106" HP screen. I was going to use it for 3d only, and my 1080ub for 2d, but it looks so good I may just go ahead and use it for both, for the time being. . I hope I can get some 3d material going by next week
post #289 of 1760 Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
friken
I thought I read somewhere that the latest ATI driver 10.10 I think fixed any problems with 3D? I just got the 5770 but haven't connected everything up yet. Have you tried the latest drivers? I believe what I'm talking about is right here on AVS.
post #290 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by friken View Post

One thing to note. I use viewsonic/optoma dlplink glasses and not nvidia 3dvision. I didn't want to have to have an emiter when the projector already does that.

Something to consider, these 3D DLP projectors (Acer & Optoma) go from 1700:1 contrast with the Nividia glasses to 400:1 with the DLP link enable. It also alters the colors and can turn blacks into a deep purple.

imo, the best way to take advantage of these projectors is with the Nvidia Glasses / emitter.
post #291 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

I see RBE in 2D with the Acer, but none, and I mean none, in 3D. This projector, IMO, comes to life in 3D with the HP screen. For the price people are picking this projector up for - well, it's basically highway robbery. If Acer had demoed this projector in 3D for me and were selling them for $2,500 I would have bought one and still thought it was a steal!

My "expensive" projectors, which cost many times the Acer (from 5 to 30 times), simply cannot produce this kind of high quality image (obviously, since they can't do 3D, but I might try 720p at 120 hz with my Sony G90 CRT projector).

3D is a bigger jump for me than going from SD to HD!
post #292 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I recently bought a 2nd pair of the Nvidia glasses from tiger direct.. good price @ $115

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...482&CatId=5956

I like these glasses, they fit well over my prescription glasses and have a sturdy feel compared to some of the TV glasses i've seen in retail stores.

btw, I recommend everyone with the projector to check out History Channels '7 wonders of the Solar System' in 3D.. fantastic!!

Hey, wait a second... How did you get that? I thought it wasn't being released until January???
post #293 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 PM

I got my H5360 up and running the other day. My GT 430 card came today and is now installed. My nVidia 3d kit is on way. My question is about cabling. Whats the best way to hook up the projector to GT430??
I have a bunch of 1.3 hdmi cables. I have a dvi- single > hdmi cable.
Or do I want use an rgb analog cable? thanks
post #294 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy3d View Post

I got my H5360 up and running the other day. My GT 430 card came today and is now installed. My nVidia 3d kit is on way. My question is about cabling. Whats the best way to hook up the projector to GT430??
I have a bunch of 1.3 hdmi cables. I have a dvi- single > hdmi cable.
Or do I want use an rgb analog cable? thanks

My setup which works great.

DVI > HDMI = PC to projector (video)
HDMI > HDMI = PC to receiver (sound)
post #295 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Liked: 15
So I've been watching movies on my Acer for the last 2 days. So far I am amazed! This is my first PJ, but I have a Sony A3000 1080p 50" TV so I know what a good image looks like. I'm really surprised at how good the 2D looks to me, but then again we are talking about a DarkChip 3 unit.

Never having owned DLP before, the really great news for me is that I now know that I'm not prone to rainbows! I saw one once during SinCity the first day, and once again on another movie yesterday. And it was so brief, that I would have missed it if I blinked.

Even though I got the Newegg deal, I would have absolutely NO problem with the $600 it goes for normally. I have to build a new HTPC for 3D, but until then I must say this Acer has made me a huge fan of DLP! The sharpness and pop is certainly better than my LCOS TV, as is the completely lack of SAH effect.
post #296 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I heard you can only use the nvidia glasses with PC software playing a blu-ray. What happens when the Optoma converter box comes out, what glasses will work with that??
post #297 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post

I heard you can only use the nvidia glasses with PC software playing a blu-ray. What happens when the Optoma converter box comes out, what glasses will work with that??

Where did you hear that? It works with both. That said, lot's of opinions as to which is better. I'm getting 3 pair of DLPlink for mine and shunning the nvidia glasses for now--will be interesting when I get this thing finally setup mid December....
post #298 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am told only DLP-Link will work with the 3D-XL, there is a guy over in 3D Tech that says it doesn't work. I dunno, he hasn't given anything to back up his claim, they bundle DLP-Link with the 3D-XL.
post #299 of 1760 Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 PM

The Acer has both DLPlink and nvidia compatibility built into it's firmware...That said, if you're PC graphics card is not set up to handle it, of course it won't work...
post #300 of 1760 Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

One of the best things about these little 720p 3D DLPs is that because they cost so little they have next to no bells and whistles, so we don't have to spend endless hours obsessing over perfect greyscale and perfect colour! No CMS to contend with etc. The image in 3D is just gorgeous and the limited settings we do have suffice nicely. The guys with those expensive 3D projectors are now trying to figure out settings etc. to minimize the "ghosting" they're seeing - too funny. I suppose that if you can't see much on the screen at all it would definitely help eliminate ghosting since they've found that a dimmer image equals less ghosting. The good news is that you will acclimatize to a dimmer image for 3D! I guess you can rationalize anything. When you spent what I spent on the Acer there's nothing to rationalize - it is what it is, and it is amazing in 3D!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page