Acer H5360 HD3D (DLP 1280x720) Video Projector - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
68sting: the 3dvision emitter 'dial' adjusts the separation in directx applications (games); It probably has no effect on bluray since separation is hard-coded into the image.

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. Are there any adjustments for 3DBR or is it all coded in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 View Post

Have not seen any rainbows with mine. Have about 150 Hrs on it.

Thanks for the reply...Man I wish it was easier to try some of these out.... Does anyone know an online store with a decent return policy on projectors? I was thinking or ordering off of amazon or new egg.

Also I'm still very confused on what is need for 3d playback. If I wanted to just go with dlp link glasses and 3d movie playback what ati card would I need? Does it have to be a 6000 series card?

Also do I have to buy the 3d vision kit even if I go with dlp link glasses?

Its all so confusing.
post #363 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 95
So, how does the Acer stack up against the $10,000 Sony 3D projector?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...296327&page=38

Check out post #1111 at the top of the page.

It takes a lot of guts to admit you're wrong so my hats off to him. He should probably go into hiding.

Link is now fixed!
post #364 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

So, how does the Acer stack up against the $10,000 Sony 3D projector?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2963278page=38

Check out post #1111 at the top of the page.

It takes a lot of guts to admit you're wrong so my hats off to him. He should probably go into hiding.

Funny thing - maybe I didn't get the link right, but when you click on it it says the thread has been removed (strange). Anyway go to the over $3,000 section and look at post 1111 in the JVC RS-40 owners thread.

the link is bad
Quote:

No Thread specified. The post or the thread may have been moved into the archive.

Please try clicking HERE to read the archived posts or threads prior to 2005.

Or HERE to read the archived posts or threads between 01/05 - 06/06.

If not found it was more than likely removed.

here you go
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=1111
Quote:

I suggest you keep your Acer for 3D. Unless the JVC is literally 10x better then the Sony for 3D then you will be disapointed. I was pretty happy with the Sony for 3D and made a decision not to watch the Acer for a month so that I would have new movies to watch on the Sony when it came. A week later I decided to plug the Acer in again and WOW. The Acer blew my mind again at how much better it was then the Sony. I had that sinking feeling in my stomach like Oh **** I just spent 15x the price on something that is inferior to a little Acer.

Zombie, you asked what scenes showed ghosting in relation to the Sony vs. Acer. I realized pretty much every scene had some form of ghosting or another. Some minor, and some obvious. Anyway I was gonna sell the Sony and just stick to my Acer/epson combo because I was going to move in march and needed to save money, but now Im not moving until the fall so I got's some money I can still spend. I'm getting the RS50 now, and hopefully Im not gonna get slapped in the face twice! The dealer was like naw theirs no ghosting on the Sony, and I pointed out scene after scene to him and he was like "I'll call you latter today when I get info on the JVC". This is my last attempt at going 3D with a non DLP projector. If anything I will just use the JVC for 2D and continue my dual PJ setup.

When I told my dealer that my 500 Acer is better then the Sony, he gave me a look like he wanted to hurt me. I told him if he wants, next time I come over I'll bring it and show him how 3D is supposed to look. Maybe he can become an Acer dealer

(fifth element)
post #365 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

the link is bad

It's now fixed and thanks.
post #366 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastie View Post

Thanks for the reply...Man I wish it was easier to try some of these out.... Does anyone know an online store with a decent return policy on projectors? I was thinking or ordering off of amazon or new egg.

Also I'm still very confused on what is need for 3d playback. If I wanted to just go with dlp link glasses and 3d movie playback what ati card would I need? Does it have to be a 6000 series card?

Also do I have to buy the 3d vision kit even if I go with dlp link glasses?

Its all so confusing.

I have not been able to get ati cards to work,I gave up,nvidia is much easier.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...uirements.html

(fifth element)
post #367 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friken View Post

I was unable to keep it from eye swapping with iz3d driver or tridef driver using nvidia card. The card I was testing with was older, 8800gts. From what I read the issue I had with the game swapping eyes every few seconds happens on all nvidia cards w/ dlp-link glasses. There are a few threads about this issue on iz3D forums. I know they are working on it and trying to find a solution that works even if Nvidia refuses to add quad buffering support to the driver (of course their pro line of cards supports it though).

Just to ensure this post doesn't sound like an ati fan boy, ATI solutions are not 100% either. Their public drivers up to 10.11 (newest still I think) do not have quad buffering either. I did find a pre-release test driver, but OLD 8.78-RC1 that did enable quad buffering. Also, using Nvidia card I had no issue at all with movie playing where with ATI I had to mess with settings in stereoscopic player to prevent split second eyeswap/jerk. The setting is per movie file and annoying to set "left eye one frame ahead" or something like that in the sync setting. I can't wait for a player that doesn't suck Having to select '*.*' for file type every time and then set the sync setting PER movie gets old. I want it working in Boxee or XBMC

Thanks for the reply man, really appreciate it. I think I'm gonna bite on a 3d vision kit... maybe off of ebay and give it a whirl

Oh and Jerry: It's TEAL, and it's spectacular

She will live on in my heart...oh yeah, and on the internet
post #368 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The Sony 3D vs. Acer is priceless. I haven't been able to turn on my Acer yet, I'm going absolutely, posilutely bonkers....Deja Vu is killing me...
post #369 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

I have not been able to get ati cards to work,I gave up,nvidia is much easier.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...uirements.html

So if I do the nvidia set up can I still use dlp link glasses for movies?

So if I buy a nvidia card the 3d vision kit and some dlp link glasses I will be good on watching 3d blu rays? Once I get the right software?

So I could use the nvidia glasses for games and then get 3d dlp link glasses for me and my wife for movies? I was planning on getting a 3dxl down the road so would rather stock up on the dlp link glasses instead of nvidias.

Also what would be the cheapest nvidia card I could get that would be compatible with 3d bluray and some light gaming?

Thanks for the information.
post #370 of 1760 Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Evga GeForce GT 430 1 GB DDR3 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 01G-P3-1430-LR

I wont go out on a limb and say this or that will work I am building a six core rig now but I have got a nvidia 6 card(old xp 3d drivers), vga wired glasses ,dual core xp ,veiwsonic 120hz(1024x768) power dvd setup to work.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1294798
I was bored...

(fifth element)
post #371 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68sting View Post

That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. Are there any adjustments for 3DBR or is it all coded in.

PowerDVD and stereoscopic player have settings for adjusting depth/parallax. For DLP on a large screen, you should bump this up a bit.
post #372 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM

This is a really random thought that i havent tried but seems like it might be an ok idea. I noticed an interesting feature on Sonys 3D projectors called 'dark frame insertion'. Here's what they say about it.

Get a cinematic feel with Dark Frame Insertion
Dark Frame Insertion is an optional setting for Motionflow. It helps to heighten the contrast and give the action a more cinematic feel. Instead of re-creating two extra new frames to smooth the action, Motionflow will create one black frame and one new image to bridge gaps in the action.

The black frame can't be noticed on screen but its appearance will clear your eye of any residual image blurred on the retina. Turn on Dark Frame Insertion for movies and games to enjoy pictures with deeper black levels and less blur.

Do you think inserting a black frame between 2D video frames on the 120hz acer using stereoscopic player will be a benifical effect? I understand this would darken the image but im wondering if it's better than just dulling down the lamp completely in eco mode. From the video clips i've seen the acer looks quite black on a black only screen, its only when light is introduced that the black washes out, is that correct? If somebody could try it and let me know how they get on that would be great. Im not getting mine until xmas so can't try it myself.

Thanks.
post #373 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Liked: 12
Dejavu

How did you use the HP screen with the Acer? Don't you lose most of the HP benefit by mounting the projector off axis?

I have the Acer & nVidia 3d kit but doesn't have time to set it up yet. I was thinking about 100" screen to gain some extra brightness in my second HT. My main HT room uses a 120" 1.0 white screen.
post #374 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
3D works with:
H5360 - set to DLP Link in 3D settings
Cyberlink PDVD10 Ultra - set to 120Hz time sequential
AMD 5870E6 video card with 10.12 driver, 1280x720p 120Hz
Viewsonic PGD-150 DLP Link glasses
Unknown year old HDMI cable
W7-64

Tested 3D with Imax Deep Sea 3D BD
Tested 2D to 3D conversion with OnechanbarA Bikini Samurai Squad
PDVD10 only does 2D-3D on regular DVD and not 2DBD

Excellent picture, Viewsonic glasses have a button to invert if needed that doubles as power switch. I like them! The button takes a firm push to activate so you don't accidentally push it if you are left handed like the Panasonic glasses. I can definitely tell if the glasses need inverting because it gives me a kinda cross-eyed feel. Easy to invert back and forth to see the difference. PDVD10 also has an invert option in the on-screen menu as does the PJ remote.
At first when setting up PDVD10 the projector's display went black with an "unsupported input" message but just powering off the projector and powering back on (sound familiar?) got the screen back and in 3D.
Imax film was great.
2D-3D Conversion was also very good. OnechanbarA is a Japanese post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, zombie, biker, slasher, revenge kinda flick (yes, the blood flies at you and sticks to the screen ha ha) with a bikini wearing samurai (samurette?) and her partner shooting a semi-automatic, sawed-off, double-barrel shotgun that never needs reloading. Japanese is the only 5.1 soundtrack, others are 2.0.
So, yes you can play 3DBD and 2D-3D conversion with an AMD 5xxx series card and 1.3 cable. Other combos may work but I just got the glasses today.
Very happy with the 3D quality and I'm just using an unpainted TWH panel for now. Have blackout cloth screen (no hot spot) in another room that will try this weekend.

Edit: I imagine you only need an AMD 6xxx series card if you are connecting to a 3D HDTV.
post #375 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
PowerDVD and stereoscopic player have settings for adjusting depth/parallax. For DLP on a large screen, you should bump this up a bit.
Did you adjust both or just one? Where did you end setting yours?

Quote:
PDVD10 only does 2D-3D on regular DVD and not 2DBD
Is this the case with all PDVD software? It tried enableing 3D on a 2DBR disc and couldn't get it to work. This may be why.
post #376 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is this the case with all PDVD software? It tried enableing 3D on a 2DBR disc and couldn't get it to work. This may be why.
I read it in the on-screen Help section of PDVD10.
post #377 of 1760 Old 12-17-2010, 01:02 PM

So will any series 5000? card work I think I currently have a 4670 which has an hdmi out but won't work because of the lack of quad buffering?

I see lots of 5550's for sale cheap would these be sufficient?
post #378 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK215 View Post

Dejavu

How did you use the HP screen with the Acer? Don't you lose most of the HP benefit by mounting the projector off axis?

I have the Acer & nVidia 3d kit but doesn't have time to set it up yet. I was thinking about 100" screen to gain some extra brightness in my second HT. My main HT room uses a 120" 1.0 white screen.

The projector is ceiling mounted and the mount has an extension so the projector is lowered so it's about 18" above my head when I'm sitting. The projector is inverted and tilted just slightly up towards the ceiling. The auto keystone function works well. For some reason people think that if you can't position the projector in the optimum spot with a HP screen you loss all its benefit. Not so. I may not obtain 100% of the 2.8 gain, but probably 95%, and it looks absolutely incredible with this projector. Since it's retro reflective it doesn't show wrinkles or waves in the screen. I always thought the HP screen was the best for 2D and now with 3D it has taken on a whole new dimension. Large HP pulldown screens are relatively cheap and with a cheap 720p 3D DLP projector you can have 3D that everyone else will be paying $10,000 plus for to even get close (with the possible exception of the JVC RS40, which is still many times the price).

Personally I'd replace the 120" screen you have in your main room with a 120" HP because the main room is where you're going to want to watch 3D - the bigger the screen the better for 3D! When you've seen 3D done right there's no way you're not going to become addicted to it. What a treat!
post #379 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 12:10 PM

I just noticed 3D is turned off in the projector menu. It still works fine. Do you only need it turd on for DLPlink? Can you use both DLPlink and Ndvidia at the same time?

Quote:

PowerDVD and stereoscopic player have settings for adjusting depth/parallax. For DLP on a large screen, you should bump this up a bit

I messed around with this and didn't see any difference with 3DBR.
post #380 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Liked: 11
Hi Deja Vu,
Just a quick question.
If I was to get
!. DLP 3D projector
2. PC with a ATI 6870 or 6850 video card and DLP Link Glasses.
3. 3D PC software such as tmt5 (is there any other 3D PC player you also like such as Cyberlink PDVD10 Ultra)

Okay here is the "Quick question"
Do you have to have a 3D Blu-ray drive for your PC or can you use a standard 2D Blu-ray PC drive ? Would a 2D Blu-Ray drive read the 3D disk and than the tmt5 PC software ATI video card and drivers do all the 3D work from that point on with no need for a 3D Blu-Ray drive ?
post #381 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Okay here is the "Quick question"
Do you have to have a 3D Blu-ray drive for your PC or can you use a standard 2D Blu-ray PC drive ? Would a 2D Blu-Ray drive read the 3D disk and than the tmt5 PC software ATI video card and drivers do all the 3D work from that point on with no need for a 3D Blu-Ray drive ?

I can answer this one. Yes I bought a cheap $50 bluray player and it works fine.
post #382 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I can answer this one. Yes I bought a cheap $50 bluray player and it works fine.

Thank's 68sting

So if you build your PC correctly for 3D movies, you will not need the Optoma 3D-XL and just be able to use your HTPC for everything including 3D movies and games ? Well computer games anyway but not PS3 & Xbox..correct ?
post #383 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 05:25 PM

[quote=68sting;19669878]I just noticed 3D is turned off in the projector menu. It still works fine. Do you only need it turd on for DLPlink? Can you use both DLPlink and Ndvidia at the same time?

I hope so, I bought the Nvidia kit and 2 dlp link glasses.."crosses fingers"
post #384 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I bought the Nvidia kit and 2 dlp link glasses.

Do you even need the Nvidia kit if you use dlp link glasses? Could you use the Nvidia vc, drivers and just use DLP link glasses?

How do I get the Acer to watch the Directv 3D channel? Do I need the Optima box or can the HTPC some how handle it?
post #385 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 06:24 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Do you even need the Nvidia kit if you use dlp link glasses? Could you use the Nvidia vc, drivers and just use DLP link glasses?

How do I get the Acer to watch the Directv 3D channel? Do I need the Optima box or can the HTPC some how handle it?

From my limited experience, you need the nVidia emiter connected. You should be able to use the DLP-link of the projector but you still need the emiter plug in (it can be out of sight since it won't be used but you need it for the setting).

I don't have DLP-link glass so I couldn't test it first hand. Don't see why it wouldn't work.
post #386 of 1760 Old 12-18-2010, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

You don't need nvidia for anything. Nice to have both I guess but PDVD10 Ultra, a BR dvd drive, DLP link glasses is all you need if you have an AMD 5xxx card or newer. For gaming, just the DLP glasses and the IZ3D driver is all you need, for any Vcard.
post #387 of 1760 Old 12-19-2010, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 View Post

You don't need nvidia for anything. Nice to have both I guess but PDVD10 Ultra, a BR dvd drive, DLP link glasses is all you need if you have an AMD 5xxx card or newer. For gaming, just the DLP glasses and the IZ3D driver is all you need, for any Vcard.

I have PDVD10 on A Sony laptop (with BR dvd drive). It has an integral AMD Mobility Radeon HD5650 card.

It is the Sony software on the card. I do not do gaming so is the IZ3D driver necessary. If so will it integrate with the Sony software?

Do I then only need DLP glasses and correct setting up of my Acer to achieve a result?
post #388 of 1760 Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi, you will need the Mark II Ultra version of PDVD10 and 10.10 or newer driver to play 3D BD and 2D - 3D conversion. You need 120Hz resolution for 3D on this projector. Can a laptop run 1280 x 720 120Hz resolution? Is there a way to disable the screen?
10.12 or 10.12a is the newest at the moment
The IZ3D driver is only used for gaming.
post #389 of 1760 Old 12-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Many Thanks Bob.

Have just looked at my laptop and the 1280 x 720 is no problem but it only outputs at 60 Hz or 50 Hz.

You anticipated this, is there a way round it?
Is this the reason to attempt to disable it?

Incidentally, have just downloaded latest PDVD10 update which seems to be PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 3D build 2325 dated nov this year. Is this the one?
post #390 of 1760 Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Acer H5360 Vs SP-7210 what's the verdict?

I was wondering if anyone has gone from a Infocus Sp-7210 to a Acer H5360 .If so what's your thought's on the outcome.
I'm not to concerned on the 3D just the overall 2d picture performance and any other thoughts comparing the two.
3d sound good but I'm not on the band wagon until all problems have been sorted out and more 3d material become available.
Thank's for any input
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page