Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by maintman View Post
Circio - i had the same problem (red lines, and sometimes some green lines and white flickering). I did multiple things, so sorry I can't be specific, but i think it was either from one of the following:
1. Shortened the length by one 15 hdmi cord and accompanying coupler. Or,
2. Deleted and reinstalled the nvidia drivers, BUT made sure to keep the emitter unplugged until told to hook up during the 3d set-up instructions. Sounds like you are already in the process of doing the first one, so if that doesn't work, and you did like me and already had the emitter plugged in during the installs, then give that a try and let us all know if it worked or not. Thanks and good luck.
Thank you, this is very appreciated.

I've already deleted and reinstalled the drivers, though I left the emitter connected, so I'll do everything anew, while also shortening the cable.

I've also noticed that the connector on the hdmi switch is a little damaged, so maybe the problem is driver+connector+long and cheap cable.

I'll post as soon as I know more about it. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 AM

Liked: 12
Even though it might be a pain, I would try unplugging the emitter, then deleting and reinstalling the drivers first. I can't remember where I read it, but it was specified somewhere that it's important to be sure to leave it disconnected during the graphics installation. Of course that's if you don't already have other cable available. Might save a few bucks. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I'm definitely betting it's that and not the cable. That is if yours was like mine - worked and looked fine in 2d - doesn't have problems until the emitter turns on, correct?
My apologies for crappy/speedy iPhone reply
post #633 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
schmidtwi -- Thank you very much for the "heads-up" on the Newegg Promo code (your post #625). I was holding off for a discount -- Newegg was supposed to notify me via email, but nothing yet.

PS -- Just go to the Newegg web page. The Promo code is given there, right under the PJ title.

- Claus {non-Santa model}
post #634 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe View Post

schmidtwi -- Thank you very much for the "heads-up" on the Newegg Promo code (your post #625). I was holding off for a discount -- Newegg was supposed to notify me via email, but nothing yet.

PS -- Just go to the Newegg web page. The Promo code is given there, right under the PJ title.

hello, thank you as well, i bought my acer jan 10th for $549 , i emailed them and they said they'll give me the price adjustment for the $50 off promo code just this one time. awesome.
post #635 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 07:20 PM

Ok, so took the wife to The local big box store today so she could experience active shutter 3D... Saw the Panasonic VT25 (50-some incher) and she hated it. Said the glasses gave her an immediate headache... Anyone have some personal experience with both the Panny glasses and the Ultra Clear DLP link glasses? Compare/contrast would be spectacular. Probably still willing to sink the money into the Acer even if the wife never watches it, but better safe than sorry...
post #636 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circio View Post

Thank you, this is very appreciated.

I've already deleted and reinstalled the drivers, though I left the emitter connected, so I'll do everything anew, while also shortening the cable.

I've also noticed that the connector on the hdmi switch is a little damaged, so maybe the problem is driver+connector+long and cheap cable.

I'll post as soon as I know more about it. Thanks again.

I had the exact same issue initially ie red dots all over the screen, usually in dark scenes. Turned out to be the 10m (30ft) hdmi cable. Swapped it for a small 1.5m (5ft) cable and the picture is perfect.
post #637 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inefekt View Post

Ok finally tested out the 3DBD playback with DVDfab and unfortunately it's still choppy/stuttering. Upgraded my laptop to 8gb 1333mhz ram today from 4gb/1066 but prob won't get it delivered for another day or two. If anybody can recommend some settings to overcome choppy playback it'd be appreciated. I'm thinking it could be my HD5730 video card. Haven't tested out CPU loads yet while playing 3DBD. My CPU is Intel Quad Core i7 720QM 1.6ghz with 2.8ghz turbo mode (supposedly used when the laptop is plugged in, which mine always is).
Cheers

Update for those interested...........installed the new ram. I've now got 8gb of 1333mhz ram which replaced my old 4gb 1066mhz ram. Only cost me $59 each for the two 4gb modules. 3DBD playback is definitely improved, can't say it's perfect as I haven't tried watching a full movie/doco yet though I did watch about 15mins of Avatar and didn't get a single stutter. Fingers crossed for when I finally get to test it out properly (too much sport on atm taking up my time!)
post #638 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
The stuttering is unrelated to the total amount of ram installed. More likely speed or timings of the new ram stopped it. When playing 3DBD only 1.4Gb of ram (total) is used on my computer and 1Gb of that is normal startup programs. Start email, 2 browsers, task manager, GPUZ, Cat Control Center on top of PDVD10 running a 3D movie and still only 1.6Gb of ram is used total. Never hurts to have more ram though unless you're overclocking.
post #639 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Wiebe View Post

schmidtwi -- Thank you very much for the "heads-up" on the Newegg Promo code (your post #625). I was holding off for a discount .

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveron View Post

hello, thank you as well, i bought my acer jan 10th for $549 , i emailed them and they said they'll give me the price adjustment for the $50 off promo code just this one time. awesome.

No problem, guys. I made sure my order was placed before I posted that...

CT - hope you enjoy the pj as much as I will! neveron - glad the discount worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
post #640 of 1760 Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

schmidtwi -- I haven't ordered mine yet. I have to check my bank account first.

Comment: I just ordered the H5360. I should have it by next Thursday.

- Claus {non-Santa model}
post #641 of 1760 Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 152

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #642 of 1760 Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Hi. Anyone using this PJ with PowerDVD for 3D?

I'm asking because I was totally thrilled that NVIDIA's 266.35 drivers fixed the Windows Media Center/PDVD integration and allows full HD audio when launching a movie from the HD. But it always seems that when 1 thing gets fixed, another thing breaks. Now I can't get 3D working. It gives me the red letter warning that the display is not in 3d mode and the glasses then to flicker a lot without a 3d image. Very frustrating. I have this PJ for 3D and another for 1080p viewing but want this HTPC to work for both. Can't win in this field.
post #643 of 1760 Old 01-23-2011, 03:47 PM

yes, pdvd10 works fine for 3d... but not with nvidia, rather with AMD ATI , in my case...
post #644 of 1760 Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM

I was having problems with the red message as well. The only way I could get around it was by not downloading 3d vision video player. Everything is working great since i've done all my updates, and yes, I'm getting full HD audio pass through.
post #645 of 1760 Old 01-23-2011, 11:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 152
I may buy this PJ to try it out, but I'm betting I'd return it if I did. I wonder if the 2D performance will be close enough to my Sanyo Z5 to hold me over until I get a more expensive projector in like 6 months (depends what else comes out).

Since the hc3800 with a 4x/6 segment color wheel bothered me slightly, I'm just afraid this projector would drive me nuts with the RBE.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #646 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 View Post

The stuttering is unrelated to the total amount of ram installed. More likely speed or timings of the new ram stopped it. When playing 3DBD only 1.4Gb of ram (total) is used on my computer and 1Gb of that is normal startup programs. Start email, 2 browsers, task manager, GPUZ, Cat Control Center on top of PDVD10 running a 3D movie and still only 1.6Gb of ram is used total. Never hurts to have more ram though unless you're overclocking.

well whatever the reason it's now playing 3DBD flawlessly

but as usual with any kind of tech, you solve one problem and another arises! I'm getting white flashes inbetween scenes/cuts (or transitions if you like) when watching MKV 3D rips. It definitely happens with top/bottom rips but have yet to test it out on SBS........though I can't remember seeing them when I was testing out that format previously. It not only happens in TMT5 but also stereoscopic player and perhaps lasts a tenth of a second, it makes the movie unwatchable. Google is not my friend on this one............
post #647 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 AM

I’m also planning on buying this H5360. It will be my first PJ, so I’m quite excited about it.

I have a question about connecting it to my Onkyo TX-SR508 AVR. I have the following setup:
- HTPC (AMD X4, 4GB, HD4550) which also functions as a normal Desktop PC, so there is also a 19” LCD monitor connected using DVI.
- 30’ HDMI to Onkyo 508 AVR > HDMI to a 32” Samsung LCD TV (720p)

If possible, I want to connect the H5360 using a HDMI splitter, connected to the HDMI-out of the AVR. This way I can use both the 32” TV and the PJ (simultaneous or not) to display video from all sources connected to the AVR.
I guess this should work, but: I can’t figure out if the Onkyo will be able to pass through the 120Hz signal from the HTPC in order to use 3D. I read conflicting statements about this issue; even Onkyo-support is not able to provide me a conclusive answer. The 508 is HDMI 1.4 compatible, so it should support 3D. Others say 720p@120Hz isn’t a standard TV format, so it won’t work.

Do any of the H5360 owners here use an Onkyo 508 or similar to successfully pass through a 3D signal at 120Hz from a HTPC?
post #648 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have an older 885 pre-pro which will not pass 120hz even though my ATI Catalyst driver control panel says it will! I also run my PC as a HTPC and am using a monoprice hdmi switcher. I feed the dvi output of my video card to the switcher input, one output goes to the Acer, the other output to my PC Monitor. The hdmi output of the video card goes directly to the pre-pro for audio only. It works nearly 100%. The switcher has 2 outputs like described above but I have to turn off each output before I turn on the other output so the hdmi handshaking works properly. The other glitch is that my PC Monitor will not show the POST of the computer when booting up. The PC Monitor shows an input signal but is a black screen until the windows sign in screen appears. Still trying to figure that one out.
post #649 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintman View Post
Even though it might be a pain, I would try unplugging the emitter, then deleting and reinstalling the drivers first. I can't remember where I read it, but it was specified somewhere that it's important to be sure to leave it disconnected during the graphics installation. Of course that's if you don't already have other cable available. Might save a few bucks. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I'm definitely betting it's that and not the cable. That is if yours was like mine - worked and looked fine in 2d - doesn't have problems until the emitter turns on, correct?
My apologies for crappy/speedy iPhone reply
Quote:
I had the exact same issue initially ie red dots all over the screen, usually in dark scenes. Turned out to be the 10m (30ft) hdmi cable. Swapped it for a small 1.5m (5ft) cable and the picture is perfect.
It appears that removing/reinstalling drivers keeping the 3d vision receiver disconnected did the trick; now everything is working again as it should, through the 5 mt cable.

I'm relieved to know that my vga is fine (since it's quite pricey).

Thank you all.
post #650 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by neveron View Post
Cool i emailed them as well as I bought it on the 17th. I've never asked them for anything and have spent thousands upon thousands since 2001 with them so I assume they'll give it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
I may buy this PJ to try it out, but I'm betting I'd return it if I did. I wonder if the 2D performance will be close enough to my Sanyo Z5 to hold me over until I get a more expensive projector in like 6 months (depends what else comes out).

Since the hc3800 with a 4x/6 segment color wheel bothered me slightly, I'm just afraid this projector would drive me nuts with the RBE.
Turns out I am RBE sensitive. I only really noticed RBE in standard definition content. 2d high definition I just don't really notice it on and 3d I've never seen any. I had two others watching the standard def movie with me last night and neither noticed the RBE that I did. It wasn't too bad, just enough to notice. I am running the projector at 120hz, but perhaps boxee is modifying the framerate so I'll have to check into that.

Also I ran into problems with the newest drivers from 1/19. It introduced flicker in 3d mode. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the older drivers from just before that fixed the problem.
post #651 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Circio - Very cool!! Glad to hear that worked. Hopefully you can start enjoying some 3d action!

I also just want to comment again about how much I'm loving this projector. 3d is awesome, and I'm almost as impressed with the 2d after now spending a few weeks with it. I still haven't yearned to plug my epson 1080ub back in (may try to incorporate it in the bedroom).

I may not have the discerning eye like a lot of you, but it's hard for me to see the resolution difference between the two. Maybe if I put them up side by si
post #652 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 PM

My bad - accidental iPhone send.

Anyway, maybe if I put them sbs, I could tell. I do know that I saw a huge difference going from a panny ax900 to the epson. But for $500.00, it's the best performance to price ratio that I've ever experienced. I should note that I don't think I'm very sensitive to rbe though.

The only minor drawback that I've had with the unit is that I sometimes have to hit the resync button on my harmony for the hdmi. Of course the pc/3d set-up was hell, but i wasn't very computer savvy to begin with. I've learned a lot though. Very fun!
post #653 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
coderguy,

Yes it would.

I had the HC3800 and saw RBE, though the Infocus IN76 is slightly better (could even watch a B&W movie like Dead Man). My old BenQ PE6200 drove me nuts.
post #654 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ordered my Acer Friday and it's here today! Unfortunately, my glasses, the new video card and the new CPU are not yet here, but it's a pretty box!

Are there any special to AMD3D setup things I need to look out for?
post #655 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billqs View Post

Ordered my Acer Friday and it's here today! Unfortunately, my glasses, the new video card and the new CPU are not yet here, but it's a pretty box!

Are there any special to AMD3D setup things I need to look out for?

My first post in this thread (page 19) pretty much sums up everything you need to do with AMD cards, though it's more for the older series. I'd assume you're buying a 6xxx series card which are already setup to play 3DBD (MVC codec) without the need for reg hacks or anything like that. In which case all you need to do is make sure you have your DLP Link glasses and either Power DVD10 ultra mkII (or whatever it's called) or Arcsoft Total Media Theater 5 with the 3D plugin.
post #656 of 1760 Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Wow, I had a 5870. All I did was upgrade to PDVD10 3D and put in a 3DBD in the disc drive.
post #657 of 1760 Old 01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just bought this guy from newegg.com yesterday and should be getting it on Thursday. I have Calman and a colorimeter and after I get about 100 hours on the bulb I'll calibrate it and post the results here (I haven't seen any here yet).
post #658 of 1760 Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:

My first post in this thread (page 19) pretty much sums up everything you need to do with AMD cards, though it's more for the older series. I'd assume you're buying a 6xxx series card which are already setup to play 3DBD (MVC codec) without the need for reg hacks or anything like that. In which case all you need to do is make sure you have your DLP Link glasses and either Power DVD10 ultra mkII (or whatever it's called) or Arcsoft Total Media Theater 5 with the 3D plugin.

In my case all I did after installing my 5670 was update the latest ATI catalyst driver...BD advisor passed my system... and i get, 3D no registry hacks, etc.,
post #659 of 1760 Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just to clarify a Nvidia setup to work I need to purchase an emitter even though I won't use it and will work with dlp link glasses? I will be using the 5360 projector. I
don't want to buy the emitter if not needed. The glasses are XD102 which I got free and will upgrade after I get this setup working.

Also is anyone using a 1.3 gain screen and getting good 3d performance
on a 92" sceen? I will be sitting 11ft back with walls and ceiling painted black. I guess what I am asking best 2d and 3d performance.

Just trying to buy this once and be happy.

Thanks
post #660 of 1760 Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1292 View Post

Just to clarify a Nvidia setup to work I need to purchase an emitter even though I won't use it and will work with dlp link glasses? I will be using the 5360 projector.

Also is anyone using a 1.3 gain screen and getting good 3d performance
on a 92" sceen? I will be sitting 11ft back with walls and ceiling painted black. I guess what I am asking best 2d and 3d performance.

Yes, you will need an emitter. I have a 144" screen and sit about 16 feet back, and it's about 1.2 gain. 2D is very bright. 3D is fine--I haven't heard any complaints from the family yet.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page