Official Epson Home Cinema 8500UB thread! - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #451 of 454 Unread 07-22-2015, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just an update and a thumbs up to Epson for standing behind their product.

I bought my projector in late 2012, used it for ~100 hours and it has sat in my basement unused until this spring. Picture went dim last week after hitting the 300 hour mark and 6 months after the 2 year warranty (and well past the 90 day bulb warranty from 2012).
Called in to Epson today for second time and they have agreed to send me a free bulb!

Refreshing to have a company back a product well after the warranty.

I will buy and recommend Epson after this experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 454 Unread 07-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dgeorge

I have been buying my bulbs from ebay. Some company called electrified something or another. Can't remember off the top my head. I always have to search my history to find them.

Anyway the last bulb with the housing cost me about $30. I bought it several months ago and it is still new in the box. My current bulb which I purchased from them for about $39 over a year ago is still running at 1759 hours. They aren't quite as bright as the oem bulbs so I always run in living room mode. Yes 1759 hours on a $40 bulb in living room mode the whole time! I never got that kind of life out of an oem.

I will never pay $250 - $300 again.
post #453 of 454 Unread 08-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Update, my $39 ebay bulb finally blew tonight on my 8500UB. It had 1938 hours on it. I had the replacement $30 bulb on hand (price keep dropping) and it is working fine so far (couple hours). Nothing like a fresh new bulb for a crisp bright image!
post #454 of 454 Unread Today, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
green and pink tint

Helllllo Epson TW4400 (8500) FANS so happy to see still this thread is alive and loads of fans are there..

Recently i purchased a used EPSON TW44OO after setting up i found ,there is a green vertical line(tint) appears on the left side of the picture and pink line appears all over the people in the picture like a out line,(pictures here in this below thread)

I have asked this question in avforum...pls share your thoughts!! do you think is it possible to fix? or is that anything with colour calibration?

As i am new here i cant able to post pictures here..or links..pls copy the link below and add .com after avforums...thanks for your patience

://.avforums/threads/new-bie-look-at-my-projector-image-pls-whats-wrong-in-it.1960751/#post-22187274[/url]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150829_033845.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	914066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 Ub Lcd Projector V11h337020 , Mitsubishi Hd1000u , Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread