Holliday Projector Recommendations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-06-2009, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am very interrested in the purchase of a sweet HD projector this holiday and am in need of recommendations please. It will go in my basement that has few windows and little light even on a sunny day so it doesn't have to be the brightest projector, just a quality picture. I have ample room to mount the projector from anywhere on the ceiling and the wall has ample room for any size screen, but not too big just as a preference, quality over quantity. The projector would be used for TV, Console Gaming, and Movies (DVD and Bluray). I don't have a preference to 1080p or 720p either, as long as it looks good.

And my budget is $1500. I am hoping Black Friday will bring about some good deals on projectors too so feel free to include any decent ones close to my budget as well. Any info would be much appreciated.

I currently have a 32" Sharp Aquos LC32GP1U and it does the job, I have the settings perfect. But in the big basement 32" just doesn't cut it and since its so dark down there I figure a projector would be better upgrade than a big screen HDTV. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-07-2009, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatz18 View Post

I am very interrested in the purchase of a sweet HD projector this holiday and am in need of recommendations please. It will go in my basement that has few windows and little light even on a sunny day so it doesn't have to be the brightest projector, just a quality picture. I have ample room to mount the projector from anywhere on the ceiling and the wall has ample room for any size screen, but not too big just as a preference, quality over quantity. The projector would be used for TV, Console Gaming, and Movies (DVD and Bluray). I don't have a preference to 1080p or 720p either, as long as it looks good.

And my budget is $1500. I am hoping Black Friday will bring about some good deals on projectors too so feel free to include any decent ones close to my budget as well. Any info would be much appreciated.

I currently have a 32" Sharp Aquos LC32GP1U and it does the job, I have the settings perfect. But in the big basement 32" just doesn't cut it and since its so dark down there I figure a projector would be better upgrade than a big screen HDTV. Thanks.

Can you try to swing additional $500? If so, Panny 4K is the best buy IMO. If not, try to pick up a 3K and it is VERY good for the money!
post #3 of 4 Old 11-07-2009, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Yeah after I posted this I found a similar post and the Panasonic AE4000 was mentioned as one of the better buys. Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatz18 View Post

Yeah after I posted this I found a similar post and the Panasonic AE4000 was mentioned as one of the better buys. Thanks.

$500 above your budget, if you can swing that, it will be one of the best decision you make this year!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page