Epson 8500UB vs LG CD181D projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Projector Central made the LG CD181D projector sound clearly better overall, except in the darkest of scenes. Anybody else seen the LG CD181D?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-23-2009, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Projector Central made the LG CD181D projector sound clearly better overall, except in the darkest of scenes. Anybody else seen the LG CD181D?

That would be the LG CF181D

The SXRD PJs seem to do quite well these days. The lamps seem to be more expensive however as a side note.

Also, interesting note - You do realize that the G in LG is Goldstar? Not an attack per se but interesting nonetheless.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech View Post

The SXRD PJs seem to do quite well these days. The lamps seem to be more expensive however as a side note.

Also, interesting note - You do realize that the G in LG is Goldstar? Not an attack per se but interesting nonetheless.

......and the L stands for 'Lucky', however perhaps by now they have officially changed their name to LG Electronics. Although the old Goldstar branded TV were generally crap, back in the hayday of CRT front projectors the Zenith brand (owned by LG for quite a few years now) did sell some fairly good projectors in the USA.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #4 of 9 Old 12-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
I've also seen a few posts regarding the sxrd panels degrading prematurely.

post #5 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Liked: 10
any new comparisons on both these projectors?? They are both in my price range and both bright as heck..

Thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

I can only compare to the AE900U and RS10. Except for black levels, it looks exactly like the RS-10. I would say the unit I have is somewhat sharper (better panel alignment) than the RS10 that was here.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech View Post

Yes, there was a time when I would not consider Lucky Goldstar or Samsung but this is an era where the Korean manufacturers have caught up. There was a time when Japanese electronics and cars were considered substandard also. Next on the list in about 10 years you will see some quality products from Taiwan and then China.

But yes I do still have some reservations about putting $3000+ into an LG product. But I try to keep an open mind.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 36
How is LG's customer service/support???

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

post #9 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxr71 View Post

Yes, there was a time when I would not consider Lucky Goldstar or Samsung but this is an era where the Korean manufacturers have caught up. There was a time when Japanese electronics and cars were considered substandard also. Next on the list in about 10 years you will see some quality products from Taiwan and then China.

But yes I do still have some reservations about putting $3000+ into an LG product. But I try to keep an open mind.

sxr71,
I had a Samsung SHP710AE. A lot of people had start up problem since the beginning. Mine died right after the warranty ran out, around 510hrs. It is now a $3000 door stop... I decided to go with this one b/c I thought Samsung company has been around for a while and this proj put out a great picture. I understood all the risks when I decided to go into overhead proj. Their life spans are not as long as TVs but not this short. The bulb's short life I understand but the proj itself? What I can't understand was why Samsung did not stand up to their products. They knew about the problem all along but they didn't seem to want to do anything. I thought that's what the product registrations are for, let the customers know about the issue and recall, or offer to solve the problem... I have nobody to blame but myself. I look at it as a $3000 lesson with Samsung. I considered LG CF181D but the thought of Korean products had scared me off.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page