Panasonic PT-AX200U Bulb Options? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-26-2009, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's time to put the 3rd bulb in this projector and since i've ruled out the flickering problem being anything I can control or stop from occuring, atleast with the use of the ET-LAX100 replacement bulb, I'm wondering if there are any other bulps that work with this projector that are plug and play and may serve to stop flickering from occuring. I'm all ears if so or if there are threads discussing different bulbs.

The 2nd bulb has never seen eco mode, the first one did. There was no difference in occurence of flickering. Also, the picture i'mm getting at 1700 hours is substantially dimmer than the picture I got at 1700 hours with the first bulb. Perhaps spending about 100 hours in eco mode with the first bulb prolonged the picture.

I vacuum the filter and clean the projector religiously and the issue does not change with cables placement, orientation of the moon, whether I say my prayers before bed, etc. Sorry for my sarcasm but some of the things i've read regarding explanations of why this is ok are a little extreme.

In any event let me know if you know of any other bulb options besides the ET-LAX100 unit. Thanks.

29 Litres of Infinite Baffle Bliss. Oh, and the rest of the setup isn't too shabby either!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-28-2009, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

No, there is only one OEM lamp that fits the projector. Any other lamps will be lower quality Chinese knock-offs.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-29-2009, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

No, there is only one OEM lamp that fits the projector. Any other lamps will be lower quality Chinese knock-offs.

Ok, thanks. I'll likely grab another bulb then look into a 3d replacement after the 3rd bulb is finished.

29 Litres of Infinite Baffle Bliss. Oh, and the rest of the setup isn't too shabby either!
post #4 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost View Post

Sorry for thread necromancy here, but I was wondering -- has anyone actually purchased and installed one of the Chinese knock-offs on the 'bay? The price difference is rather astronomical. Like, $370 vs $170. At that price, it's almost worth trying...or is it?

Cheers,
Adam

"Stereo replay never actually reproduces a musical event. The only thing you can hope for is a credible illusion. But it can be a very nice illusion." -Bruno Putzeys
post #5 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Your timing is good....here is a thread that is very recent

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1244834

Bottom line..avoid the Chinese junk. Or any "knock-off".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad-Rok View Post

Sorry for thread necromancy here, but I was wondering -- has anyone actually purchased and installed one of the Chinese knock-offs on the 'bay? The price difference is rather astronomical. Like, $370 vs $170. At that price, it's almost worth trying...or is it?

Cheers,
Adam

post #6 of 8 Old 04-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 View Post

Your timing is good....here is a thread that is very recent

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1244834

Bottom line..avoid the Chinese junk. Or any "knock-off".

Yeah, I was wondering about folks who had specifically tried an ET-LAX100 knockoff, but I think I'm convinced. Not worth the risk.

Cheers,
Adam

"Stereo replay never actually reproduces a musical event. The only thing you can hope for is a credible illusion. But it can be a very nice illusion." -Bruno Putzeys
post #7 of 8 Old 03-27-2013, 02:47 AM

I used a bulb which cost 200$ in 2010 and has crossed 1800 hours.The colours and picture clarity is still so clear. It is not showing any sign of aging. But i need to buy another one. Am not sure if mine was a kn ock-off or not as all the lamps are named ET LAX 100. i need to buy another one. I forgot from which online store i bought.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanth957 View Post

I used a bulb which cost 200$ in 2010 and has crossed 1800 hours.The colours and picture clarity is still so clear. It is not showing any sign of aging. But i need to buy another one. Am not sure if mine was a knock-off or not as all the lamps are named ET LAX 100. i need to buy another one. I forgot from which online store i bought.

I'm not sure there is a question in your post. If you purchased the lamp assembly in 2010 for $200 then most certainly it was a knock-off. If you have been satisfied with your current clone bulb you should no trouble finding a company offering a similar bulb.

If you desire an actual OEM lamp assembly try:

Provantage - $310 plus shipping.

http://www.provantage.com/panasonic-et-lax100~4PANP06P.htm

B&H Photo and Video - $345 plus shipping.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/461696-REG/Panasonic_ET_LAX100_ETLAX100_Replacement_Lamp_for.html

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page