My PT-AX200 has 3000+ hrs on the original bulb, a few questions... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a panny pt-ax200 with just over 3000 hrs on it, got the "warning" to replace the bulb at around 2300 hrs, so i reset it and we are now at just over 700 more hours (3000 total) so I am getting nervous and want to have a replacement in hand vs waiting for it after it finally does die

Is it "ok" to just keep using the 3000 hr bulb here, so far zero issues so figured i was ok if i just keep the vents clean and clear and heck it still "works" so unless I am doing damage to it I figure I would just go till it doesn't light up again.

Once the bulb does die do you get some sorta beep or anything to let you know it's your bulb (not the projector).

Should I go with a bulb only or complete housing?

Also should I go with an off brand or a panny only bulb?

Hoping by now other users have got some real user experience to share on changing the bulb or complete housing and or if aftermarket bulbs (which appear to be a great $$ saver) are decent quality and or if they last as long etc.

Thanks for any input,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
You'll get all kinds of replies on what each person would do.

I had about the same hours as you 3000 or so (had already bought a spare lamp at 2200hrs) and since my picture had dimmed just enough to make me WANT to change the lamp, I did it then. If the picture wouldn't have dimmed, I would have kept on running the original.

Others disagree and change it out at the 2000 or earlier hour mark.

What will happen? It will pop if it's running, or won't turn on if it's not. At the extreme, it can shatter and put particles in the PJ and you'll have to clean it all out and/or could damage it. In my research, this is very rare.

I'd stick with Panny OEM lamps myself, bought from *bay vendor. PM me for vendor and pricing strategy.

The Truth IS out there!
post #3 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I know this is an older thread about to put this projector back up and in use still working too, but time to do the new bulb order at least to be ready, found quite a few on amazon none with decent reviews though am I still looking at 250-300 to get an oem bulb for this?
post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I had similar results on my AX100u... got the warning around 2000 hours and just reset. Kept running until almost 3200 hours before really noticing some dimming. Replaced a matte white pull-down screen with a grey DIY AT screen and that compounded the dimming. I needed to oil the iris actuator arm anyway, so I went ahead and replaced the bulb at that time. I've kept the old bulb on-hand in case I have an unexpected failure of the new bulb (now around 800 hours). Assuming you've been running in ECO mode most of the time, I wouldn't get real antsy about a catastrophic failure until you start flirting with 4000 hours, assuming you're not noticing demonstrable dimming by that point anyway.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page