post #181 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projektor guy View Post

Thanks for that ebay link I might purchase one that way but I'm in no rush.
Flat screens LCDs plasmas just mess up my eyes (altered vison strain) so bad plus nausea I was forced to use projectors and old style CRT monitors and TVs.

OLED doesn't seem to be coming out in a decent size for at least a few more years. Then Cannon did away with SED basically recently so I guess projectors are the way to go.

I looked at the 3D demo while I was in the store, and I did like the 3D effect, but, it also messed with my eyes, the refresh rate at 60HZ made my eyes blurry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

My hopeful estimate is that within one month we'll be able to buy a HX300G sold directly from Amazon for $750; Who knows, at first we might even find it discounted for $700 !
I am also hoping that we'll be given a choice between the all-white model and the black/silver model, PLLLLEASE LG USA !

3 weeks and counting !!

How come projector companies can not just lose the internal speakers, the FM broadcast, and composite video hook up to lower cost ?

The point is ? why bother to try to get a better picture if your only going to hook it up with a composite cable of the old standard ?
post #183 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My hopeful estimate is that within one month we'll be able to buy a HX300G sold directly from Amazon for $750; Who knows, at first we might even find it discounted for $700 !
I am also hoping that we'll be given a choice between the all-white model and the black/silver model, PLLLLEASE LG USA !

What would your wish list for this LG model be if they sold it ? .

Zoom Lens ? full HD ? 2 HDMIs ? and at what price ?
post #184 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'll attest to that, at least on a high-gain screen; Excellent contrast and colors that seem to leap off the screen in a way that not even my 1920x1080 37" Mitsubishi LCD set can match; Fully calibrated and watching similar feeds, anyone can clearly discern the higher contrast, lower black level and more accurate colors of the LG HS-201 vs. my Mitsubishi LCD set, which was highly rated by Home Theater Magazine.
What i still cannot comprehend is : how come i don't seem to miss at all those millions of extra pixels that i am giving up by using a native 800x600 pj ?
How come i and anyone else who've seen it, can clearly notice the improved detail afforded by blu-discs played by a "lowly" HS-201 ? Perhaps because my screen is only 76" diagonal and single pixels become "invisible" at distances beyond 10 ft off the screen ?
Hmmmm..................................

MCaugusto " I'll attest to that, at least on a high-gain screen " .

At this time, I can't afford a real screen so I have to do it the poor mans way with some blackout cloth.
Until I can find a screen that I can afford after I buy the LG HX300, what are some ways that I can improve the picture quality of the blackout cloth screen ? paint it ? or try to find some screen material ?
post #185 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My wall color is high gloss yellow.. will it affect the image?
post #186 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Liked: 10
I have for one week the lg hx300g, its a great high end technology projector, it can even play all the hd files mkv etc.But i want something else, because i have a huge space to project on.I live in Greece and have got it from Germany.I want to give it away!If someone want the projector send an email at absoluteblade@yahoo.com!BYE
LL
LL
LL
post #187 of 745 Old 05-30-2010, 10:24 AM

I am so glad I picked up the hs-201. It is better to have than to have not
post #188 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

At this time, I can't afford a real screen so I have to do it the poor mans way with some blackout cloth.
Until I can find a screen that I can afford after I buy the LG HX300, what are some ways that I can improve the picture quality of the blackout cloth screen ? paint it ? or try to find some screen material ?

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are considering assembling an inexpensive screen perhaps you should check out Projector Central.com where there is an article on how to build a screen for less than $100....
post #189 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are considering assembling an inexpensive screen perhaps you should check out Projector Central.com where there is an article on how to build a screen for less than $100....

Whether it was a cheap old projector with only 800 x 600, or I used a blackout cloth material , now maybe, I know why there seemed to be a haze on the screen from the poor contrast.
Would you advise to use a 4 x 8 laminate ? or Wilsonart Designer White ?
I read a thread on another home theater web sight and someone said that Wilsonart Designer White has good gain and tests to back it up.
Has anyone here used Wilsonart Designer White ? or paints ?
Yes, if I have to, I'll try to find a decent screen.
However, if I do shell out some money for a screen, I want to make sure I get the right one for this projector, and since it has not been released in the US market, all of us are in a stand still.
Would the screens that some are using for the HS-201 be fine with the HX-300 ?
post #190 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

MCaugusto " I'll attest to that, at least on a high-gain screen " .

I had the same problem when I first started using projectors.
Theres usually only me watching, so a wide viewing angle isn't necessary. My best wall had a very slight rough texture. I painted it white, gave it a thin coat of white pearlised paint, then a coat of clear gloss.

It looks great. The hotspot is just off screen, from where I usually sit - but if I sit where you can see the hotspot, the wall looks like semi-matt metal of various colors when the image is beamed onto it.

Now I'm not short of money any more, and can afford a nice big proper screen, but I don't want one.

I don't think the pealised paint is strictly necessary. I'm moving house soon. I might give it a go with just the white and the clear gloss.
post #191 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:

3 weeks and counting !!

How come projector companies can not just lose the internal speakers, the FM broadcast, and composite video hook up to lower cost ?

The point is ? why bother to try to get a better picture if your only going to hook it up with a composite cable of the old standard ?

This projector is not meant to be a Home Theater Projector rather a Business / power point projector. It's placement sucks as lack of Zoom. You can only project max 80" according to the manual since the focus ring may or may not focus at images bigger then that. These do not even get close to HD viewing.

Most projectors that can project 1080P and are meant for Home Theater do not have built in speakers.
post #192 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Has anyone here used Wilsonart Designer White ? or paints ?
Yes, if I have to, I'll try to find a decent screen.
?

Seriously? This is a HUGE debate on screens. Use the search function. Are you projecting on a wall? Dry wall that is PERFECT, No joint tape or mud marks? Then you could possible project on paint.

Just do a search on paint or screens and you will find we all have done a DIY. when I tore out my lathe and plaster, I paid extra attention to the new drywall because I know exactly where I wanted to project my 120" screen. So it's ALMOST prefect. Even when you sanded it 50 times there are some spots that get missed. It's really hard to see until it's painted and having a 300Watt HPS bulb reflected back to show every little dimple and ripple on a silverscreen behr paint. IMO as long as your walls are good, paint is the cheapest and best screen you can get, since I once bought screen and it got dirty tried to clean it and ruined it... as with paint if it gets dirty and you can't clean it, just paint over it. Done.
post #193 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlp View Post

This projector is not meant to be a Home Theater Projector rather a Business / power point projector. It's placement sucks as lack of Zoom. You can only project max 80" according to the manual since the focus ring may or may not focus at images bigger then that. These do not even get close to HD viewing.

I could focus a 110" 4:3 image just fine with my lowly old HS102G, and then it became even better with the HS201. There are no issues with focus at the size of 120" diagonal with the HS201. I have said this countless times in the threads for both existing LG LED units (and I have screenies to prove it with my review of the HS102G in SG's old thread).

I watched the LOTR Extended Version Trilogy DVDs on my HS201 last year. It was a fabulous experience. To me that is pretty darned good for ED/HD viewing (even without 720p or above).
post #194 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM

300Lumen ?
post #195 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Most projectors that can project 1080P and are meant for Home Theater do not have built in speakers.

I understand you point that the LG HX-300 projector is meant to be a business projector, however, for the most of us with limited funds , we can't afford a true HD 1080P $ 15,000.00 / $ 19,000.00 LED Sim projector.

Yes, we can wait until a company finally comes out with a true HD 1080p DLP LED projector with w zoom lens that's affordable, but, no company has not built one yet.

These companies should go were the big market is and were the money is, the Home Theater market.
post #196 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Seriously? This is a HUGE debate on screens. Use the search function. Are you projecting on a wall? Dry wall that is PERFECT, No joint tape or mud marks? Then you could possible project on paint.

Just do a search on paint or screens and you will find we all have done a DIY. when I tore out my lathe and plaster, I paid extra attention to the new drywall because I know exactly where I wanted to project my 120" screen. So it's ALMOST prefect. Even when you sanded it 50 times there are some spots that get missed. It's really hard to see until it's painted and having a 300Watt HPS bulb reflected back to show every little dimple and ripple on a silverscreen behr paint. IMO as long as your walls are good, paint is the cheapest and best screen you can get, since I once bought screen and it got dirty tried to clean it and ruined it... as with paint if it gets dirty and you can't clean it, just paint over it. Done.

I saw a carpenter put up drywall, tape, and mud, and then, he used some kind of tan primer to paint the drywall to bring out the defects in the drywall, I was amazed when he showed me the process.
He showed me how the tan primer shows every bump, ding, dip in the dry wall, the only issue would be, to cover the tan primer since you would want a pure white surface to project the picture on.
post #197 of 745 Old 05-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I read the LG HX-300 spec sheet, I do believe it can project up to 100 inches.
I know and have heard that this projector is not true HD, however, I have heard some people say that these , the LG HS-201 projection image is just as good as plasma.
From what some people have heard, or seen themselves, is that the new LED projector projection image colors are better than the colors of the old bulb projectors.
post #198 of 745 Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

" Excellent contrast and colors that seem to leap off the screen in a way that not even my 1920x1080 37" Mitsubishi LCD set can match " .

Forgive me for sounding ignorant and I have seen HD TVs at the store, but, what do you mean by " the colors seem to leap off the screen " ?
Do you mean sort of a 3D effect ? or the picture and colors seem to be running like water ? or that it seems your in the movie ?
Does the picture have a quality of a still lake of water ?
You may have seen some logos before a movie or a THX logo, or a video with a water effect, is that what you mean ? smooth as water or glass ?

I did not know Mitsubishi made 37" model don't you mean 40"?
post #199 of 745 Old 06-01-2010, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1292 View Post

I did not know Mitsubishi made 37" model don't you mean 40"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitsubishi LT-37132, a model which was released about three years ago and reviewed by Home Theater Magazine....
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos
post #200 of 745 Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Anybody in now why the thing is still not here in USA? I mean, it's way past the release date. I doubt that they didn't make one for the US market, that just wouldn't make sense from the economic perspective.

Should we call up Amazon and ask them now?
post #201 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrs35 View Post

Anybody in now why the thing is still not here in USA? I mean, it's way past the release date. I doubt that they didn't make one for the US market, that just wouldn't make sense from the economic perspective.

Should we call up Amazon and ask them now?

We would have thought that LG would at least give us a release date when it's sold in the US.
Even though I look forward to maybe getting this projector, I am going to wait and see what other's have to say about it in their reviews.
post #202 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce banner View Post

My wall color is high gloss yellow.. will it affect the image?

Done a little researching and learned the BenQ JoyBee GP1 has a color correction feature for wall colors. That's pretty cool
post #203 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Ok guys,let's start!!!!I both LG HX300W for my friend from ebay.co.uk
I'am surprised,I can't see big difference in HS200G and HX300,just a little bit brighter (300 lumen's) and what all.Price is too high for this difference,I think I'll stay with my HS200G
post #204 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 01:56 PM

post #205 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yais View Post

I'am surprised,I can't see big difference in HS200G and HX300,just a little bit brighter (300 lumen's) and what all.Price is too high for this difference,I think I'll stay with my HS200G

how's high can u set the resolution without it getting blurry? Does it ply mkv?
post #206 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:

Those HX300 screen shots posted earlier did seem to have a touch of screen door effect on them. More than usual for that type of resolution. That's a shame. Looks like I'll be sticking to my HS201 as well. And for HD I'm sticking to my Optoma HD65.

Hopefully later down the road, LG will make a better Led projector whenever they release their LED 3D ready model.
post #207 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Guys, keep in mind that the HS-201 has 480.000 pixels native and the HX300G has 786.000 pixels, which should be a noticeable improvement insofar as "screen-door effect" is concerned, as long as you're doing your comparison using the same screen in the same room and under similar conditions.
With my HS-201 projecting on a 76' diagonal screen i cannot discern pixels 10 feet away from the screen, so i imagine the same would apply to the HX300G projecting on a 92"~96" screen located at the same distance of 10 feet...Going with a bigger screen and/or sitting closer to the screen might indeed reveal individual pixels, but the same would apply even to a 1920x1080 pj, a huge screen and sitting too close to it....
post #208 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Copy more samples of the hx300w image quality from a Korean blogger site...

http://blog.naver.com/prettyye02/80108349530
post #209 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 PM

Just realized that the HX300 uses a built in slider lens cover instead of the cap lens cover like the HS201...

Another review with a few pictures on a Korean site...
http://www.consumertimes.net/news/article.html?no=26967
post #210 of 745 Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you fully calibrate the projector yet ?
Did you try a HDMI feed yet with blueray ?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page