Spears & Munsil video test on AE4000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI all,

I 'd been using Spears and Munsil to do some simple video calibration for my AE4000. I had the following observation after the test

a)Failled to display the Luma Multiburst correctly.
b) Failed to display correct aspect ratio on the 16:9 Geometry PIP
c) Maybe is me, i had probelm getting the Red and Blue concentric squares on the Clipping track.

Anybody owned the AE4000 and the S&M BD can do the similiar test to confirm the above?

The similiar setup(BD player , 12m HDMI cable, screen) with Mit HC6000 obtain positive results as compare to the AE4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Since the projector failed to display the 16:9 image correctly, you almost certainly have some setting set wrong. It's probably the projector since the Mits did not have a problem.

Jim
post #3 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting, I have the same disc and same projector, but haven't tried it yet. Now I'm especially curious, though it may be a few days for me to get to this...
post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

How badly did it do on multiburst? I have a Viewsonic pro 8100 and it fails the last set of vertical line on the Chroma multiburst...horizontal is fine. This is pretty normal results and can be a source issue, nothing to worry about.

Just realized it's your Luma multiburst...you're not displaying the full 1980x1080 resolution then..that combine with the 16:9 issue means you have something set wrong, IMO

For Clipping, I have to dial down my contrast from 51 to 45(on a scale of 0-100) to get the red and blue patterns to display properly...I sacrifice a little luma accuracy for chroma in this case. If you lower your contrast can you begin to see the squares at all?

How did it do on the Luma Zone plate?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry make a mistake on the 1st post. Is the Crhoma multiburst not the Luma
Chroma multiburst failed on the one of most dense horizontal bars at the far right.

The source should be alright as it works well on the HC6000. I 'll thought it has something to do with the colour space.

I'll also think that the default setting of AE4000 should be able to handle the 16:9 PIP just like the HC6000's default. I'll play around the setting. But this does not worry me much.

As for the Clipping, tuning the overall contrast did not help to bring up the square on the red and blue. I had to tune on the contrast/brightness Red & blue separately to bring out square. The results is still not very good.

I am in colour1, brightness -2, contrast 0, Iris off.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page