Anyone tried PureGlare Replacement Lamps? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 23 Old 02-07-2010, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have seen these lamps advertised for a very reasonable price. Has anyone had any experience using them? Do they last as long?

http://www.pureglare.com/

Example:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...odelName=LT380

vs

http://www.projectorlampcenter.com/P...ode=VT75LP-NEC

John

Sorry for the typo in the title mod edit: fixed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I did a quick registry check and pureglare.com is hosted on MWave servers so it looks like they have setup an offbrand lamp business to try to supply cheaper replacement lamp solutions. If these are like the non-oem replacements floating around currently, you will not get much from them.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has already bought from them.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech View Post

I did a quick registry check and pureglare.com is hosted on MWave servers so it looks like they have setup an offbrand lamp business to try to supply cheaper replacement lamp solutions. If these are like the non-oem replacements floating around currently, you will not get much from them.

OK. That explains it. Still, they could be re-branding the original lamps, no? Is it really cost effective to manufacture hundreds of aftermarket lamps?

John
post #4 of 23 Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech View Post

OK. That explains it. Still, they could be re-branding the original lamps, no?

John

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean. I guess I never looked that hard.

http://www.provantage.com/datastor-pl-092~7DTTS089.htm
post #5 of 23 Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM

PureGlare was a rip-off for me. Their bulb was defective and didn't work at all. They refunded less than I paid.
post #6 of 23 Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Bought one for my Z5, after about 530 hours, all is well. The housing for the bulb is not original or oem. The bulb is spposed to be the same as original or oem.

Getting a bad lamp is the luck of the draw with branded lamps or off brand. This is my second Sanyo projector and all total, I have gone through at least 6 lamps over the years. I have had one bad lamp, it was a Sanyo branded lamp, lasted 600 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
post #7 of 23 Old 12-16-2010, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I bought an off-brand lamp for my Infocus X10. It was almost half the price of the Infocus lamp. The original Infocus lamp prematurely failed after about 600 hours. My new lamp is noticeably brighter than the original (even when it was new) and comes with a 6 month guarantee that can be lengthened to 9 months for additional money. So far so good.

John
post #8 of 23 Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Liked: 11
Pureglare.com is a RIPOFF. I ordered a bulb for my DLP, the one they sent flickered. I had to pay to send it back. They have had the return since January 19th and still have not refunded my money. Do NOT buy from these people.
post #9 of 23 Old 03-17-2011, 11:08 PM

they sell cheap bad-quality chinese bulbs.
those bad lamps may damage your projector.
you are at your own risk if you decide to go with them.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 AM

I didn't do my research and ordered one of these thinking I was just getting a regular "real" replacement lamp for my JVC RS1. This weekend the projector shut down and I heard a high pitched breaking sound. Yup, it busted inside the projector. I was able to pull out the broken on in the housing and put in the old lamp that had about 1900 hours on it. Projector worked fine. So basically be careful with these. I am starting the process to get refund now so they better not cause any problems. We'll see though.
post #11 of 23 Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 PM

I would never buy from Pureglare ! I ordered a bulb for my Sharpvision 12000, and I put the new bulb in, watched it for a few minutes and POP ! It blew. I sent it back, finally got a new one, and it worked. BUT - it lasted about 40 hours, and then went out, which was just AFTER the warranty ended ! They wouldnt do anything about it ! Luckily my original bulb with well over 2000 hrs still works and I put in back in. Note that the second bulb they sent looked very different than the first one, so I think they are buying from wherever they can find the cheapest manufacturers. They both didn't look nearly as well made as the original. Don't be fooled by their products ! They are poor.
post #12 of 23 Old 10-19-2011, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Why would anyone cheap out on the most important part of the PJ? We knew full well that replacing the bulb will be expensive when we got into this in the first place. Bulbs reach very high temps and the OEM bulb is built to specs. Yes, it can fail, but at least the manufacture is legit. These cheapo chinese crap are built in sweat shops with no quality control. So, get the real deal because it'll cost you MORE in the long run with the chinese junk.

Evil is Good
post #13 of 23 Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, use this company!!!

I had 3 projector bulb replacements in 5 months. None of them lasting longer than 20 hours (supposed to last 3000). The last one lasted a grand total of 5 days.

They would always cheerfully replace my bulb (return postage was my expense (which is wrong)) until the 5 month warranty ran out. No dice after that.

All that to say, this place is a racket. They may seem inexpensive, but $180 for < 50 hours of a bulb that should go 3000+ is wrong, wrong, wrong!!

Don't do it!! You'll be disappointed!!
post #14 of 23 Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM

He is my experience with PureGlare; I searched the net for a competitive priced bulb and made the purchase of $219 for a Panasonic bulb. I received the bulb in good time and installed it, there was a small tag which needed to be snapped off to allow the installaiton to be complete. I fired up the project and it worked well for about 20 viewing hours.
I called them to send it back within the warranty period for a refund as I had learn my lesson and looked at the forums to see a multitude of complaints regarging PureGlares retail ethics and product quality.

They sent out the paper work and I filled it out and sent the bulb purchase evidence anddocos back to them, here comes the sucker punch I did not see coming.....

I then get a call today from them saying this is not their bulb, they put 3 identifable mark on the bulb and they can say 100% this is not their bulb, so after some words, I asked who would send me a bulb out of the blue at the same time I purchased a bulb from PureGlare, and if this is not your blub then where is the bulb I paid for but apparently never got?

So they have accuesd me of trying to rip them off by trying to get my money back on a product which is "obviously not theirs" (nice move offence is the best defense)

The only person who is getting ripped off here is me, I have no bulb and no refund. Thank you PureGlare for your consideration in this matter and I will be telling anyone who will listen what my experience has been with you Company, and I for one will NEVER purchase anything from you company again.
post #15 of 23 Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 AM

DO NOT buy from pureglare.com! I was also attracted to the low price, but as they say, you get what you pay for. They claim to have a 150 day warranty, but if you have an issue, they send out defective replacements until warranty expires. No lamp lasted more than 3 months.
post #16 of 23 Old 03-14-2013, 03:33 PM

I made the awful mistake of not thoroughly investigating this company before I made the FOOLISH mistake to buy 2 to save on shipping and to save on the hassle of ordering a new one when they burn out... AAUUGGHH.. I paid for 2 day shipping - took 5.. First bulb did not work - 2nd one just burned out after less than 3 months of use. I had a hard time contacting the company for customer service - somehow was able to get an email to them and they did send a label to send back defective. I asked for my money back.. They sent me another bulb. Now to contact them again for THIS one that is "covered" by the warranty..
post #17 of 23 Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
How about lampscircle.com? I got this link from Amazon. It seems like they sell 2 type of lamp. One is original bulb with OEM housing and another claim to be original lamp module. Price such as for Optoma projector lamp module is around USD 100 cheaper than other reputable website.
post #18 of 23 Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM

Pure junk. My first bulb lasted only 30 days in my Samsung DLP TV. They replaced it under warranty. The replacement lasted about 3 1/2 months, and failed just 15 days outside of their 5 month warranty period. I am going with original Osram lamp this time.
post #19 of 23 Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 AM

I purchased a Pureglare lamp module for my Panasonic PT-AX200U in January 2012. Original Panasonic lamp was approaching 2,000 hours and I didn't want to be left in the dark. I received the Pureglare product on time and replaced my still working original. You ALWAYS want to install your new bulb or lamp as soon as you can as the warranties start when shipped! Lamp worked fine and fit perfectly but was noticeably dimmer than the original bulb with 2,000 hours on it. Cranked up the brightness to compensate but never got it as bright as Panasonic bulb.

Pureglare lamp lasted until May 2013 and died unexpectedly with only 966 hours on it. Was this due to the increase brightness setting? Not likely. Ordered a replacement from another source (Apex Lamps). Put the original bulb back in awaiting Apex replacement and immediately remembered the brightness difference. Received new Apex Lamps module in 5 days and it installed. It's been 2 weeks and so far so good. Brightness level is excellent and I swear the picture looks sharper...could be just my imagination. We'll see how this goes. Original bulb was returned to emergency backup duty,
post #20 of 23 Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM

I have. I am on my fourth one ... and by that I mean replacement of the replacement. They are crap! They give you a 150 day warrantee and they are lucky to last 3 weeks. When you return them you have to pay the shipping. I've been through four in my 150 days and it is now up. Just installed the last of them. They won't return your money and they don't stand behind their work. I would NOT buy if I were you. 

post #21 of 23 Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM

I just installed a lamp I bought from "MOCPINC" through Amazon for my Mitsubishi HD1000U. They claim to use Philips or Osram bulbs. I don't know how to confirm that... The housing fit fine and the quality seemed OK... I've only used it for about 2 hours so far. On the HD1000U, there's a white spash screen as it boots up - that is much brighter on my original bulb with 2960 hours than on this replacement... When it warmed up after about a minute or so, the replacement seemed about as bright as the original which I removed... Maybe they break in over time or something - I've never replaced a lamp before.

If it turns out OK, maybe "MOCPINC" will be a good choice instead of PureGlare. This lamp+housing was about $160, which is about double what the cheapest ones are selling for - so I paid double for the promise of an Osram lamp - hope it's true....

How DARE you question my ignorance!?!
post #22 of 23 Old 10-31-2013, 02:53 PM

You are mistaken. MOCPINC is jsut PUREGLAR itself.

Please visit both websites and check the website ICONS. Both of them are same.

Also you can use WHOIS records to confirm it.

post #23 of 23 Old 11-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Hmmm - well maybe that's correct, but I'm not sure... That may be disappointing if true... The bulb is doing OK so far and required no modifications to install... It's certainly not identical to the OEM, but performance wise it's very similar so far. Quality of light is good and brightness seems good. I noticed it takes a bit longer to reach full brighness than my original though (several seconds longer).

We'll see how it goes...

How DARE you question my ignorance!?!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Infocus X10 Dlp Projector , Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page