Problems resetting lamp timer on Sony VPL-HS51 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-18-2010, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I replaced my VPL-HS51 bulb after about 2500 hours of use. I put the unit in standby and did the RESET,RIGHT,LEFT,ENTER key sequence but still get the "Replace Lamp" message and the timer has not reset. Have tried multiple times with different key press lengths, tried it when the unit was on and in standby. Tried using the arrow and enter keys on the unit, even replaced the remote control batteries. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am wondering if I need to pull the projector down again and put the old bulb in and try again - I wonder if there is some sensor that didn't get tripped when I replaced the bulb.

Help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speed seems to be the key. The projector has to be in standby. You need to do the sequence as quickly as possible. Officially, in under five seconds. Like you, I tried over and over again before it finally worked. I also did the up/down arrows. Hard to know what worked since the projector is off, but no more message on start up!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-29-2013, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
NOTE - the projector must be in standby mode. standby mode is when the unit is plugged in and NOT on - there will be a red light on the top of the unit. If the light is green and the projector is projecting a blue screen, you are not in standby mode and cannot reset the timer.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page