Home Cinema PRO HD850 - HD LED PJ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 05-05-2010, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Alljust got this on 5.3ordered 4.23 after viewing this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1243567 on 4.19 & checking their site http://homevuprojectors.com/home-cin...-led-projector till the throw ratio http://homevuprojectors.com/products...hrow/throw.htm was posted on 4.23 which makes this PJ feasible for my girlfriends setup (84" diag. @ 12' - 16:9) to replace the aging PB6200 with a fast fading bulb. I was considering the hybrid' Casio for her condobut this was less expensive, readily available & simplywhy not give it a shot? Shipped on 4.30 from Hong Kongarrived Monday afternoonhere's what you get for $530.BTW...batteries not included....

It's definitely bigger then the LGhas internal power supply & no tripod mount capability huge lense!

These are at my place with shades drawn Monday afternoonplug & playnot tweaked'

Couple of pix of weather on 7HD1ST-HD8502ND-LG201

Couple of pix of F4 ROSS on FXHDHD850LG201

Tuesday afternoon.lites on...

Couple pix of HDHTPC.HD850.LG201

Windoz XP

Our favorite Forum

BluRay FlicArmageddon...oil rig scene...

7 weather @ 4....

Ok...good pj...but for me...the bottom line is what it'll do at the condo where it will ultimately reside...stay tuned... will have pix of this setup (trifecta!...PB6200, LG201 & HD850) when i head over this weekend...will also putz with the settings & try to dial it in...parting thought....LG201 is the benchmark LED PJ...for rite now....imho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
but it's "high definition"... Probably works good for your girlfriend, but just not for me.
post #3 of 11 Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Were both pjs calibrated prior to taking pictures ? If so, the HS-201 has noticeably lower black level and deeper, more saturated colors provided by those LEDs from Luminus Devices - colors that, even though described as oversaturated and therefore wrong by some pundits, made me a true believer and happy user after becoming used to them with my HS-201.
I now see colors onscreen compliments of those LEDs that i never saw before with my old CRT pj, using the same screen...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos
post #4 of 11 Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 AM

Liked: 11
Isn't it 800X600? That's now HD?
post #5 of 11 Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Looks like, besides this has a longer throw distance, HS201 is still a lot better.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Can you post some more pictures please? I am thinking about purchasing it? can you post some pictures showing how this would look with SD-DVD?
post #7 of 11 Old 05-09-2010, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Its not bad, at least for a no-name pj. The colors, particularly the blue look flat compared to the LG. Resolution is not as good (note Greenpeace logo on ship) but acceptable.

I know quality control can be rampant on these chinese pjs so perhaps so might to break open the shell to see if any of the panels are dirty.

It also looks like you need a further throw to get the same size screen (I don't believe either of them has a zoom ring).

I think for those who are used to having a 800x600 or 480p projectors they'll probably be happy with this but I'll wait until the 720p's versions come out- hopefully withing 2 years.

Victor

Free cake! Free cake!
- Mordecai and Rigby

Big Screen/Small Space! My 13x12 Bedroom HT

Think small, project big!
Small theaters gallery
post #8 of 11 Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
More expensive than the LG, lower contrast, lower level of detail, understated colours, hmm I would say go for the LG(s).

The PLASTIC!!! lens is huge because the Chinese generally use a single regular mini LCD panel in there instead of small projection imaging devices.

There was a reason everyone wanted HD6-es to replace their stock Delta II lenses, the stock ones were all plastic the HD-6 lenses that came on the Data grade 7" CRT projectors and some later video models, are all glass, resulting in a better image.
post #9 of 11 Old 05-10-2010, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hi All....apologies for not responding sooner....busy work week, condo setup on Sat, Moms day with younger daughter & granddaughter Sunday....but 1st up....

Hi Verge2...appreciate your insight...

Hey Marcos....good to hear from you...previous pix were outta the box settings...wanted to check functionality primarily, boxed it up weds nite till sat am @ the condo where it ulimately resides. Yes...the LG201 is the best bang for the buck....benchmark setter...reigning monarch with regards to low cost LED PJ's....IMHO!!!!! BTW...read Projector Centrals HX300 review & your inquiry...can't wait to get one!

Hi 4theLuvofHD...yes...as they all are...but still passes a 720P or 1080I signal depending on source...& I'm sure those who have experienced it will atest to an extremely watchable pic.

Hi kenshin2b...yes...which was the primary reason for purchase along with LED for condo setup location...& yes...waaay better image!

Hi Dingane Walker...yes...lots below...all of which are thru component & HD cablebox....

Hi victor-eyd...yes...blue is pastelish...even after tweeking. As with the LG...screen size is dictated by placement distance...our screens are 84" diag...so my LG distance is 8'4"...the HD850 distance @ the condo is approx. 12'...no zoom... only manual focus...& this 1 has a manual keystone 'dial' up top which i employed after locating it where to Benq was to 'sqaureup' the image...low-tech... ;-(

Hi donaldk...yes, yes, yes, yes...most definately yes!!! Thanx for the fyi....& yes...if placement is not an issue...get the LG!

Ok...as stated above...all connections are thru component from HD cable box...pic order is HD850 1st, LG201 2nd then BENQ PB6200 3rd...

'Trifecta' setup...upper left on 'temp' stand is HD850....below left is the Benq & to the rite is the LG on tripod...& as you can see...ambient lite from window behind with shade down...to the way rite is sliding glass door door with blinds...over 84" screen wayup across from loft is 2 skylites with blinds...she likes ambient lite...

Following 5 'sets' of pix are from 5th Element paused on Cinemax on Demand @ 4 Sat afternoon...if the pic appears darker ambient lite...thunderstorms abound...then sunlite uphere in New England sat...

scene 1...

scene 2...

scene 3...

scene 4...

As you can see...LG shots (2nd pix) plainly superior...Benq shots (3rd pic) washed out & the HD850 (1st pic) is watchable even in ambient lite...which she was ok with. ;-)

Weather @ 6 on 5....

Sox getting stomped by the Yanks....ouch!

Without lamp on behind sofa...

Again...the LG shines with vibrant color with less ambient lite...Benq comes to life...HD850 holds its own...

Bottom line for her...#1 shes happy with the pic in ambient lite...even the dark scenes were way better then the Benq's washed out pic...#2 where its located which is now in place of the Benq instead of out in the middle of the floor by the coffee table where the LG was to trip over...especially after a couple o glasses o Cab...& #3 its hopefully going to outlive her....if the LED longevity specs are on point....i.e....NO MORE BULBS to buy.... ;-)!!!!!

Bottom line for me...#1 love my 201....#2 come on HX300!!
post #10 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 10:53 PM

Liked: 12
I have this led projector since 2010, pairing with good HTPC and a Power dvd 12 , so that you can play with the color and other adjustments, you can't be wrong with this PJ. My only complain is the resolution which has only 800x600, where as of now plenty of various branded pjs to choose from with 720p native resolution and more lumens.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM

Liked: 12
I took some pictures of mine, 92" projected image during the day but in controlled environment.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page