Looking to sell my IN72 projector + extras...advice needed on a price - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I am thinking about selling my projector setup. Basically I bought it all before ever deciding to buy a house. But now that I have a condo.. it turns out its horrible for projector use. (un-blindable floor to ceiling glass doors + a room width of like 12-15 feet. ) See picture (this is really old..before install but still)

So basically I am looking to sell it local.. probably craigslist..But I do not know a good asking price. Which is why I am looking to you guys for help! Now I think there is going to be 2 prices.. One price for the knowledgeable people.. and the other price for its perceived value to someone who just wants one and doesn't know to much about it. I will greatly appreciate any input. Thank you kindly.

Here are the goods:

Infocus IN72 Projector [Specs & Review]
Cosmetic shape: Excellent
Remote: Yes
Original box & sack: Yes
Bulb Use: 453 hours of 3000 hours expected lifetime

EliteSCREENS M84UWH 84 inch Diagonal Manual Pull Down Projector Screen[NewEgg Link]
Cosmetic shape: Very good
Working order: Very good

PMS Series Projector Wall Mount (Black)[Link]
Mounts from wall, not ceiling.

25-foot monoprice HDMI cable
25-foot monoprice Component Video (only the 3 video) cable
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I sold my IN72 with 2000+ hours and a pull down screen for $250 over a year ago.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Is $400 a good price you think then?
post #4 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim150 View Post

So basically I am looking to sell it local.. probably craigslist..But I do not know a good asking price. Which is why I am looking to you guys for help! Now I think there is going to be 2 prices.. One price for the knowledgeable people.. and the other price for its perceived value to someone who just wants one and doesn't know to much about it. I will greatly appreciate any input. Thank you kindly.

To be honest, I can't stand people like you on CL... you are hoping to prey on somebody who doesn't know the real value so you can rip them off? I know it's their own fault for not doing their research, but I still think it's a pretty unethical move. I know you want to get what you can out of the projector, as do I when I sell stuff on CL... but I never want to rip anybody off.

That's just my opinion, not that it counts for much.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooomi View Post

To be honest, I can't stand people like you on CL... you are hoping to prey on somebody who doesn't know the real value so you can rip them off? I know it's their own fault for not doing their research, but I still think it's a pretty unethical move. I know you want to get what you can out of the projector, as do I when I sell stuff on CL... but I never want to rip anybody off.

That's just my opinion, not that it counts for much.

Maybe I didn't put that into words properly..let me explain friend. Everytime I have sold things on craigslist it has always been a hagglefest. My post was looking for peoples opinion on a fair market value. I intend to put a price higher than that in my post and then haggle down if I get interest. Or if someone wants to buy it as such then its as you say.

I would never scam anyone, I am making a detailed youtube video for my post that goes over everything I am selling so people are more informed the posts with a blurry tiny picture.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim150 View Post

Maybe I didn't put that into words properly..let me explain friend. Everytime I have sold things on craigslist it has always been a hagglefest. My post was looking for peoples opinion on a fair market value. I intend to put a price higher than that in my post and then haggle down if I get interest. Or if someone wants to buy it as such then its as you say.

I would never scam anyone, I am making a detailed youtube video for my post that goes over everything I am selling so people are more informed the posts with a blurry tiny picture.

Ok, that makes more sense. I have to do the same thing when I sell on CL. I usually list it for quite a bit more than I plan to get out of it, because people do low ball terribly on Craigslist.

Sorry for the confusion.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 112
As an avid Craigs list buyer and lowballer.. you have to remember.. it is a yard sale, one person is selling, the other buying.. the buyer has no idea how bad the other needs money nor if they have done the real research. Most of my low balls are what the product is worth to me.. and I am the one with the money;-)
I try and sell things prices as I would offer for it.. even if I could get someone to pay more..
IN72 worth $200, add the other stuff maybe I would go $300 if I was in the market ..
Just post it and see what happens.. wait a week and contact the people that gave you their phone number and other info.. they are the ones that really want it..

Good luck!

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page