LG HX300 still not released in the UK. How about elsewhere? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 87 Old 06-11-2010, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I'm starting this new thread to initiate a discussion on the availability or lack thereof of the new XGA LED projector form LG; the HX300G.

From my exhaustive search, it appears the projector has been properly released and is available for the asian market since March of this year and is sold on eBay from Korean sellers.

In the UK, it is listed on the websites of a few UK suppliers, but there is no stock anywhere.

Even LG UK could not comment on the future availability of the projector.

I've then tried to find its SVGA older brother; the HS200. It's sold out absolutely everywhere with no new stock available either.

What is the situation in the USA? Worldwide?

What could be the cause of this lack of supply?

Does LG consider that this is only a niche market and is only going to release a very limited number of machines?

Does this have anything to do with the recent financial troubles that Luminus (the PT-54 manufacturer) experienced?

It appears that pj manufacturers worldwide are not interested in developing, manufacturing or distributing affordable, green, bulb-less machines.

The availability of affordable FullHD projectors in the next 5 years or so also seems compromised if they can't even mass manufacture and distribute SVGA and XGA machines.

On the other hand, the Casio Hybrid LED-Laser machines are widely available, however, them seem to be pretty lame when it comes to projecting videos (from a few reviews around) and they are very noisy.

I'd like to hear everyone's view on this topic and on the future of mercury-free projection systems in general.

Thanks.

P.S. I wonder if there is any hope of seeing a FullHD Laser-only projector being released within the next 5 years???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Still not release in the States yet.

Not a surprise that HS200 or HS201 is getting harder to find; I have spoke to a LG Commerical Product Manager earlier this year , and he has indicated the production of HS200 or HS201 would be stopping soon.

As far as the Casio Hybrid PJ goes, I agree with you, it is nosier compare to the HS200/HS201, you really have to pump the volume higher to cover up the fan noise; image quaility is another story, again xj-a240 has a higher res.
post #3 of 87 Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Im really hoping the lg is out before early august, otherwise Ill be looking elsewhere
post #4 of 87 Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Guys,
Let's just keep that money we've been saving for the past few months to buy a LG HX300G in a safe place for another three weeks or so, at which time we should be able to get this "beaut" right here in the good ol' USA...
Concerning the Casio hybrid pj, have you guys checked www.projectorcentral.com for some interesting findings/comments about the units they received for testing ?
All i can say is that nowadays i would never consider buying a DLP pj that uses color wheels, not even these Casio pjs which do not quite fit the standard description of such usage, not when i can purchase something like the LG HX300G which uses highly regarded LEDs, has very good contrast and brightness, outstanding colors, runs very silent and stays cool to the touch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos
post #5 of 87 Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Well said, MCaugusto.

I would tend to agree with you if indeed LG started supplying enough units worldwide soon, which does not seem to be the case.

If you read my angry rant on the LG HX300G official thread, you'll see that I was informed that this machine would not be available in the UK for another 3 months... at the very least.

Futhermore, when FINALLY available, it will be so in VERY limited quantities.

What a joke!

What gets to me is that, apart from Casio, no company out there seems even remotely committed to offering AFFORDABLE high resolution LED projectors.

That's insane.

I'm now honestly tempted by the HC3200 (priced-down HC3800) or the HD200X but I'll hold back because I don't want to change bulbs every 2000 hours (if I'm lucky).

So... I'll wait...

Honestly, if I knew that I could avoid customs and that LG UK were covering units bought from Asia, I would have already jumped on eBay to get one.

And to add insult to injury, LG is discontinuing the production of HS200 (thanks Kenshin2b for the info) without ensuring first the wide availability of its successor, thus leaving a gap of many months when nothing will be available. It's utter madness. They clearly don't value their customers outside their home market of Korea, nor are they interested in becoming market leaders on High Resolution LED projectors.

I don't understand Casio either, they could easily develop a technology using 3 arrays of laser diodes (just like the ones they already use): 1 for the Red instead of the LED (it's relatively cheap to make), and two sets of blue lasers (cheaper than green lasers), one for actual blue and the other one for green after reflection off a phosphorescent surface, WITHOUT any need for a bloody colour wheel.

As for the noise, it's just a question of building a larger enclosure capable of accommodating larger, more efficient and quieter cooling fans. Nothing intellectually challenging here. A properly trained monkey could do it.

Obviously, this would increase the cost of each unit, but not to the point where it would be unaffordable.

After sufficient stabilising period (100 or so hours), the lasers should offer their peak performance and a similar image quality to that of current LEDs.

Furthermore, Casio could utilise lasers that have already reached their peak levels, thus providing top calibrated performance out of the box, without the irritating colour shift occurring in the first 100-200 hours.

Would they decide to offer such projectors with either WXGA or Full HD chips for less than £2000, I'd be lining up to get one.

This is technologically feasible today and I do not comprehend why we should be waiting for another 5 years or more to see this dream fulfilled.

It makes no sense at all, other than forcing us to buy into this dead, un-ecological and wasteful mercury-bulb technology.

The same old story again and again: instant maximum profits outweighing the benefit of mankind and the future of our children...

When will big corporations finally learn the lesson that sustainable, long term profits are far more beneficial not only for themselves but for society as a whole, or have they forgotten who's buying their products?

Offering affordable and green display technologies is what people want here and now. It's happening for TV sets, why can't it happen right now for video projectors.

Think of all the schools and offices using projectors regularly for hours everyday. This is a much bigger market than people actually realise and with clever marketing campaigns, it could get even bigger and compete with the LCD TV market.

Okay, second rant's over... I'll go get my happy pills now...
post #6 of 87 Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM

As per my post on the original thread about this PJ... one thing that I didn't mention was that they ship via UPS, so shipping times to the UK would be around 2 to 3 working days - see what I posted below:

I have just made a purchase for the LG HX300G from this German site (I emailed them first and they promised me that it comes with a full European warranty). As I've only just registered here, I can't post URLs for obvious reasons:

(therefore, just remove spaces)
w w w . projector-discount . co . uk
www . projector-discount . co . uk/projectors/lg/hx300g-p-35701.html
www . projector-discount . co . uk//news.php?newsid=983

Sure, they seem to charge a premium on top of the expected price - but I really want to compare the projected screen to my HS201... so I'll let you guys know what it's like as soon as it arrives, and I have had the chance to test them (literally) side-by-side. It should be here by the end of the week, apparently, as I made the purchase yesterday at around 15:45 (UK British Summer Time).

I'll also let you know if this company seem like a reputable source too, when the unit arrives - their staff seemed fairly knowledgable and friendly, but as soon as it's here - I'll let you know if you can buy from them with confidence!

I'll then be selling my HS201 on ebay I reckon! I'll post pictures of the comparison too, via photobucet IMG links.
post #7 of 87 Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM

d'oh!!

Just found it here as well, less expensive too! ... for the potential UK buyers:

www . porthale . co . uk/products.asp?partno=HX300G
post #8 of 87 Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM

http://icecat.biz/us/b/LG/HX300G/HX300G.htm

A list of all in the UK and more
post #9 of 87 Old 06-15-2010, 08:24 AM

Sweeto - wish I'd seen that lot before I made my purchase... could've saved a few quid!
post #10 of 87 Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston909 View Post

As per my post on the original thread about this PJ... one thing that I didn't mention was that they ship via UPS, so shipping times to the UK would be around 2 to 3 working days - see what I posted below:

I have just made a purchase for the LG HX300G from this German site (I emailed them first and they promised me that it comes with a full European warranty). As I've only just registered here, I can't post URLs for obvious reasons:

(therefore, just remove spaces)
w w w . projector-discount . co . uk
www . projector-discount . co . uk/projectors/lg/hx300g-p-35701.html
www . projector-discount . co . uk//news.php?newsid=983

Sure, they seem to charge a premium on top of the expected price - but I really want to compare the projected screen to my HS201... so I'll let you guys know what it's like as soon as it arrives, and I have had the chance to test them (literally) side-by-side. It should be here by the end of the week, apparently, as I made the purchase yesterday at around 15:45 (UK British Summer Time).

I'll also let you know if this company seem like a reputable source too, when the unit arrives - their staff seemed fairly knowledgable and friendly, but as soon as it's here - I'll let you know if you can buy from them with confidence!

I'll then be selling my HS201 on ebay I reckon! I'll post pictures of the comparison too, via photobucet IMG links.

Thank you Boston, that would be a big help for all of us to see if it's worth the wait and cost for the LG-HX-300, and not only that, we want to see what this projector can do.
Hopefully you have a good cam and show us how the HX-300 does with movies with HDMI.
I wish Amazon could take pre orders or orders now for this projector so that those who ordered it now would be assured that they would get one.
post #11 of 87 Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 AM

Will do DLPProjectorfan! I don't have a great cam for movies, but the I'll take the highest res pics I can with my crappy point-and-click camera, of both PJs side by side, getting them to display identical high res JPEGs as well as stills from blu-rays from my PS3. This should hopefully give an idea of the difference in brightness, sharpness, colour tones and clarity between the two...

Hopefully it might arrive tomorrow, according to the tracking number, so I may be able to post comparison pics by the end of the week (as well as my own thoughts on brightness & "screen-door" effect - or the lack thereof).
post #12 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 AM

Well, they despatched the HX300G from germany on Tuesday at 16:00 (UK time), and it arrived here at 10:00 today!! That's about 42 hours in total!! Their price has now dropped to £575 incl. shipping (grr!!!)... not that I mind, as I'm pleased to have received it so early!

I have taken some preliminary pictures on my crappy Sony DSC-W130 camera - so please peruse these below, but do forgive my awful photography skills. Please note that the pics of the HX300 were taken before I had gone into the settings to change the colour / brightness / sharpness etc, so they are as per the "un-optimised", "un-calibrated" and "straight-out-of-the-box" stock factory settings... so I'm sure that these could be improved upon.

You will notice that the brightness between the two PJs isn't that noticable in my crappily taken photos - but I'll have a play with the colour & brightness settings and see how that goes with an HDMI input source.

On to the pics:

Firstly, the two PJs stacked:

I then downloaded a load of images from Google image search, that were all over 4 Megapixels, to have some extra HD JPEGs to show the resolution difference between each PJ:

HS201 - Full Image of Jak & Daxter from Google Images:

HX300 - Full Image of Jak & Daxter from Google Images:

HS201 - Close-up of statue in the Jak & Daxter image:

HX300 - Close-up of statue in the Jak & Daxter image... note the much better pixel count compared with the image above:

HS201 - Google Image of Avatar - full shot:

HX300 - Google Image of Avatar - full shot:

HS201 - Google Image of Avatar - close-up:

HX300 - Google Image of Avatar - close-up. Again, note the much better pixel count across the face:

HX300 - Another image of the HX300 to show the unoptimised colours:

HX300 - A close(ish) shot of Spiderman 3 blu-ray running through PS3 via the HDMI input:

HX300 - A full shot of Spiderman 3 blu-ray running through PS3 via the HDMI input:

HX300 - And finally a close-up on his eye:

So there you have it, in terms of the inital comparison pictures... As soon as I have calibrated the colour and brightness menu settings and run a PS3 game through it, I'll take some more pics straight away!

Overall, although I have only played with it for around half an hour, I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The HX300G remote has a Q.menu button for a quick pop-up menu where you can change most settings very quickly and easily - including LED lamp setting (between eco, normal and presentation), colour gamut, screen mode and a few more that I can't remember - which is another improvement on its baby-brother, as it saves a lot of time and means that I won't irritate my girlfriend so much when we're watching a film!!

I'm off now to calibrate the brightness & colour settings and try out GTA4 now (although I should be working)... I'll post some more pics soon!
post #13 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the pictures, boston909, rather informative; I was particularly struck by the full shots of "Avatar" as projected by the HS-201 and the HX300G, which, to my eyes, seem to show hardly any differences in contrast, onscreen brightness, resolution and colors, and that's with the HX300G in a uncalibrated state, as you pointed out !
However, the close-up images tell a different story, as expected, with the HX300G's higher pixel count clearly visible...
How about testing both projectors using the exact same calibration numbers as available in their calibration menus ? Since both units are designed so similarly and by the same manufacturer i think that would be a fair comparison, specifically how much brighter the same onscreen image of the HX300G would be versus the HS-201.
BTW >>> Could you please post a picture of the remote control ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcos
post #14 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 05:08 AM

Good plan MCaugusto! I'll do both those things ASAP, and post back here in the next hour or so.
post #15 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 AM

Here you go MCaugusto - images of the remote & some comparison pics of the colour / brightness differences...

I set the 300 to the same settings as I had on my 201, and then took the first pic of the 201, then the second of the 300. Having set the 300 to the same settings as the 201, the colour is way too oversaturated - so I think I'll reduce that a little for normal viewing from now on, as well as tinkering with the advanced colour settings (to get the perfect picture)... however, the settings were as follows on both PJs:

LED Mode: Presentation Mode
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 80
Sharpness: 80
Colour: 70
Tint: 0

Colour Temp: Medium
Dynamic Contrast: High
Dynamic Colour: High
Noise Reduction: Medium
Gamma: Medium
Black Level: Low

The remote definitely takes AAA batteries - which is a much better idea than the 201's watch battery!

Remote:

201:

300:

201:

300:

So you can see, with equal settings on both PJs, the 300 definitely comes out as brighter and seems more vibrant in colour as well. My camera doesn't really pick up quite how bright either PJ looks in person, so they both have more brightness "popping" off the screen in the flesh. I should mention that all of these images in my two posts were on a 2 metre wide Ikea Tupplur blackout blind, so the 16:9 images produce a screen-size that is approximately 90" across the diagonal measurement.

You'll have to forgive that my in-game picture of the 201 came out a bit blurry... I think it was a combination of my shoddy wobbly camera work and the GTA4 in-game "camera" that moves around slightly.

I'll definitely need to reduce the overly saturated colours on the 300, but when I find the perfect settings (in my humble opinion, at least), I'll post them here straight away.
post #16 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 AM

Thank boston909, i have the HX300 too but the colors are horrible
post #17 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 AM

Hi fiocco... do play around with all of the settings in the picture menu, as I have managed to get fairly nice colour/contrast settings now.

I've turned the unit off and put it to bed now, but I'll post what I have done as soon as I get it back on again!

Tinkering with the settings definitely makes the colours / contrast etc much nicer, but you guys will have to go with slightly lower settings than the old 201... as they seem to give generally more saturation at the same values as the 201's settings (if my waffle-y details make sense)
post #18 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 AM

Thanks Boston909 for your review.

I have noticed that you are reviewing it under Presentation mode, how's it noise level compare to the HS201?

Also, I am interested in how Normal mode and ECO mode would look like on the HX300 compare to the HS201...
post #19 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 12:28 PM

I'd say that the noise level is pretty much the same on the HX300 as on the HS201. I'll take some normal & eco comparison pics tomorrow and post them for ya.
post #20 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 PM

finally!

@boston, i will be waiting for the video of this new projector of yours...
post #21 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 PM
vsv
Advanced Member

With two projectors you can install passive stereo3D
post #22 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 PM

passive stereo3D?

Does it require any more hardware besides the two PJs?

I also can't wait to see both 201 and 300 side by side in an HD video.
post #23 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 23
LG Holland/(Benelux?) stated after the CES announcement that it wasn't planning on carrying the HX300. The 200 wasn't carried either, as far as I recall. Don't think they carry (m)any projectors.

As for LASER Only projectors, sure has been shipping for quite some time, just call E&S and order one of its ESLPs;-). Nice GLV based design, still showing speckle though:-(.
post #24 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for re-posting more pictures, boston909, especially the pictures comparing the onscreen brightness of both units with the same calibration AND the pictures of the remote control.
No more stupidly placed "keystone" controls between the power on/off switch and the menu button, Yeah baby !
post #25 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston909 View Post

Well, they despatched the HX300G from germany on Tuesday at 16:00 (UK time), and it arrived here at 10:00 today!! That's about 42 hours in total!! Their price has now dropped to £575 incl. shipping (grr!!!)... not that I mind, as I'm pleased to have received it so early!

I have taken some preliminary pictures on my crappy Sony DSC-W130 camera - so please peruse these below, but do forgive my awful photography skills. Please note that the pics of the HX300 were taken before I had gone into the settings to change the colour / brightness / sharpness etc, so they are as per the "un-optimised", "un-calibrated" and "straight-out-of-the-box" stock factory settings... so I'm sure that these could be improved upon.

You will notice that the brightness between the two PJs isn't that noticable in my crappily taken photos - but I'll have a play with the colour & brightness settings and see how that goes with an HDMI input source.

On to the pics:

Firstly, the two PJs stacked:

I then downloaded a load of images from Google image search, that were all over 4 Megapixels, to have some extra HD JPEGs to show the resolution difference between each PJ:

HS201 - Full Image of Jak & Daxter from Google Images:

HX300 - Full Image of Jak & Daxter from Google Images:

HS201 - Close-up of statue in the Jak & Daxter image:

HX300 - Close-up of statue in the Jak & Daxter image... note the much better pixel count compared with the image above:

HS201 - Google Image of Avatar - full shot:

HX300 - Google Image of Avatar - full shot:

HS201 - Google Image of Avatar - close-up:

HX300 - Google Image of Avatar - close-up. Again, note the much better pixel count across the face:

HX300 - Another image of the HX300 to show the unoptimised colours:

HX300 - A close(ish) shot of Spiderman 3 blu-ray running through PS3 via the HDMI input:

HX300 - A full shot of Spiderman 3 blu-ray running through PS3 via the HDMI input:

HX300 - And finally a close-up on his eye:

So there you have it, in terms of the inital comparison pictures... As soon as I have calibrated the colour and brightness menu settings and run a PS3 game through it, I'll take some more pics straight away!

Overall, although I have only played with it for around half an hour, I'm extremely happy with the purchase. The HX300G remote has a Q.menu button for a quick pop-up menu where you can change most settings very quickly and easily - including LED lamp setting (between eco, normal and presentation), colour gamut, screen mode and a few more that I can't remember - which is another improvement on its baby-brother, as it saves a lot of time and means that I won't irritate my girlfriend so much when we're watching a film!!

I'm off now to calibrate the brightness & colour settings and try out GTA4 now (although I should be working)... I'll post some more pics soon!

Thank you Boston for the First official AVS review by a AVS member.
Well done Boston.
Do you have a calibration disk ?
Can you notice any difference in contrast ? the colors from the HS-201 and the HX-300 ?
How about the sharpness ?
post #26 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

What is the distance between the HS-201 and the HX-300 before you can start to see the pixels ?
On my old DLP projector, I have to be about 6 feet or more away.
For the HX-300 would you say about a meter ? 3 feet ?
post #27 of 87 Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPProjectorfan View Post

What is the distance between the HS-201 and the HX-300 before you can start to see the pixels ?
On my old DLP projector, I have to be about 6 feet or more away.
For the HX-300 would you say about a meter ? 3 feet ?

it depends on the screen-size too. so we have to ask from what distance and screen-size the screen-door becomes visible?
post #28 of 87 Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 AM

@keema - as soon as I get my iphone 4 at the end of June, I'll take a side by side video for ya!

@MCaugusto - no worries! The 300 is definitely a worthwhile upgrade, even though the 201 still is a fine projector! I agree with your point on the keystone buttons too, and as the remote is much bigger anyway, it's less likely to get lost - or accidentally press the power button instead of 'keystone+'

@DLPProjectorfan - No worries on that either! I don't have an HD calibration disk, I used to have a DVD one somewhere, but it may be lost now... I may buy a blu-ray one from ebay and use that... I hadn't thought of that really - it might be a good idea

I'll also get it up and running this lunch-time (working from home really is great ) and see how far back you have to be (from a 90" 16:9 screen) before the screen-door effect disappears.
post #29 of 87 Old 06-18-2010, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much Boston909,

I haven't been too present on the forum these last few days. Thanks for the porthale website and the fantastic comparison between the HS201 and HX300. The advantage of the HX300 over the HS201 on all counts is overwhelmingly obvious.

I was just wondering if the images produced using the Cinema mode in eco lamp are worse that the ones you have posted. Also what is your screen gain? Is the high power fan noise bearable or is it really obstrusive during quiet scenes? What's its WAF rating?

If it's not too much to ask, could you post a comparison of the two projectors in eco + cinema mode using the factory settings (uncalibrated)?

I was thinking of getting myself a FullHD bulb projector, but these screenshots are extremely convincing.

I found a couple of youtube links (seemingly Korean) shot in what seems to be the same restaurant or tea house on a plain wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HibeLHnls8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PM1BD27blw

None of these clips do justice to the HX300 the way you do.

I'd also like to ask you what you think of this french review (translated through Google), whether it confirms your findings or not:

http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=fr&tl=en

I found it very negative as the reviewer mentions a real brightness nearly 10x lower than advertised, a very low on/off contrast ratio of 752:1, a blurry picture beyond 40" (did he even use the focus ring?) and a very noisy fan at 44dB @ 60cm.

I start wondering if this unit was not actually faulty to yield such poor measurements, especially after comparing it to the really flattering projectorcentral review (http://www.projectorcentral.com/lg_h...ble_review.htm). It's virtually night and day!

Finally, from your screenshots, it detects what seems to be a slightly higher offset for the HX300 compared to the HS201 and some slight barrel distorsion on the sides. Are my observations correct?

Once again, a very impressive display of gorgeous screenshots. I can't wait for the next ones and/or a movie of the beast in action.
post #30 of 87 Old 06-18-2010, 09:56 AM

hi DrJo,

Still no video I'm afraid - I'll only be able to get a 720p video up once I get my iphone4... so a week or so I should think (someone else may be able to get one up before me, I reckon )

I set both PJs to Cinema mode in eco lamp (at 'un-calibrated' factory settings as you wished ), and took the following shots.

The HX300 definitely comes out as beating the 201 by a long way - see images below to make up your own minds... I could most definitely watch a movie in eco lamp mode in the standard Cinema setting on the HX300!! However, on the HS201, I'd have to change to Vivid, then whack the brightness up, losing vital black levels.

I couldn't tell you what my screen gain is though, unfortunately, as I'm using a poor man's screen (i.e. 2m wide Tupplur blackout blind from Ikea in Milton Keynes), which gives me a 90" 16:9 screen - as shown in the images below. It does a fantastic job, though, and looks quite cool being under our curtain pelmet in the living room

I'll take a look at the translated French review and let you know what I think... however, I think that they were definitely not using the focus wheel at all, because you can see my nice "in-focus" shots of a 90" screen... and the Db levels are very similar to the 201. The HX300 in eco mode is almost inaudible, even with no audio playing! I'd trust Projector Central over the French reviewer any day!!

Any offset and barrel distortion in my pictures will be caused by me standing at one side of the screen to take a picture, my dodgy placement of the projectors in my living room and most importantly my Tupplur Ikea blind rolling in at the edges, so don't pay too much attention to that... not that I'm trying to sing the HX300's praises too much... but it's such a good PJ, that I can't really help it

Anyway, on to the promised photos of the Cinema mode (factory Cinema mode settings) on Eco lamp mode for both projectors:

HX300 - wide shot with "Q.Menu" showing:

HS201 - wide shot:

HX300 - wide shot:

HS201 - close-up on hospital sign:

HX300 - close-up on hospital sign:

I promise that I'll try to get a video up as soon as I get my new phone in a week and a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page