Nikko R2-D2 Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. I have the Nikko R2-D2 Projector that came out a cupel of years ago and I'm having a tuff time tying to get it service for a new lamp and resent lamp hours. Can anyone out there help me?
Thanks,
Ed
http://www.nikkor2d2.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-05-2010, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is my friend I recommended this site to him. Does anyone know of a projector service company that could help him out? Since the company that made the R2-D2 projector is out of business he is looking for a company that could service/repair/replace the Texas Instruments projector housed inside the R2-D2.
He is desperate and will appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks ^_^
post #3 of 11 Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Nikko is the same company that produces RC cars. I would contact them to see who was the OEM of the projector. From there it would seem to be relatively easy to get the projector serviced. It sounds like you may just need a new lamp. In fact, if you simply remove the lamp assembly (probably user serviceable) you might find the manufacturer's part number right on it.

Jim
post #4 of 11 Old 07-05-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jim. I did that . I didn't get a response. The way they built this thing they hidden all the screws. I only found one. They made this projector not to be opened by there owners .
post #5 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perello23 View Post

Hi Jim. I did that . I didn't get a response. The way they built this thing they hidden all the screws. I only found one. They made this projector not to be opened by there owners .

Is there sowone who can help me out there??
post #6 of 11 Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 AM

I know this thread is pretty old, but if it could help you can contact the european service center based in the netherlands with this mail dneufeglise@zesgoes.nl.

This is the mail i used to get my R2D2 repaired when it had a broken DVD unit (between september 2010 and February 2011), maybe they could help you out !

I didn't know it was out of business, you scare me now.. (i have a LOT of hours left on ine but still...)
post #7 of 11 Old 08-13-2011, 01:29 PM

I found out how to open both the body and the head. I also know the type of projector bulb needed as I just replaced mine. (cost me 125 I think). my original bulb got to 5000 normal hours and 2000 eco hours before turning off every few minutes. pretty amazing life especially living in arizona with the dust. email me at greghazensays@aol.com for info. I should respond within a day. ))
post #8 of 11 Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 AM

Hello all,

I have this same projector/DVD player system (and I love it) but I would really like to know how to open the body and head as greygorey has discovered. I will need to replace my projector lamp sometime so need to identify that and I am also interested to see what the DVD player component is. I tried emailing greygorey but I did not get an answer so maybe that email doesn't work anymore? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

If I do get it open and find out what the internal components are I will post all info for future reference.

Cheers,

Purpleyez
post #9 of 11 Old 03-08-2014, 07:04 PM

I don't know if anybody still needs the info, but I dissected my R2D2 tonight and really took more off than needed.  But, I figured it all out so if anybody has questions.  Let me know.  The top dome comes off with 3 phillips-head pretty cleverly hidden screws.  Two are in the little cylindrical things poking out and one is behind a sliding plastic cover to the left of the main projector window.  The bulb is OSRAM P-VIP 200/1.0 E20.6.  They are all over eBay, Amazon, and others.  The cheapest I found is on eBay for $60.  The rechargeable battery is removed even easier.  There is just one screw to reveal the compartment and one screw holding the battery.  It slides right out.   May the force be with you!   

post #10 of 11 Old 06-15-2014, 04:22 PM

Liked: 0
Hi R2D2Fan, and thanks for the info. Can you just add where the battery compartment / screw are located? My R2D2 has had very light use and is working fine now, but I do want to be prepared for when I need to replace the lamp and battery (or are there more than one?) Thanks!
post #11 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 AM

Battery Access

The battery is located in a compartment on his left side (as you're facing his front, the right side). You have to move his leg backwards (so he points up at the ceiling) to access the door. It's the 2"wide x 2.5" high square panel with vertical blue 'vents' (stripes). Remove the little grey circle sticker and there is the hex screw. Remove screw and panel and there is the battery! Pull to slide out. It's a Ni-MH 2,200 mAh, 7.2v. Mine doesn't hold a charge anymore so I'm going to take it to Batteries+ to see what they can do.

Good luck!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page