Ok, so, was whistling past the graveyard of this issue when, at 850 hours, my original bulb dimmed by about 80% today - finished watching the game, but by the end the whites were yellow on dynamic mode. Seems like I shouldn't push it until the bulb explodes - couldn't that cause problems for the unit? Will Epson replace at this point or does it have to break?
It's not clear from this thread or the projector central posting exactly how to contact epson to get the folks who know about the warranty - any advice? Also, what should I have in my hands when I call them?
For the good of the order:
1) What is the temperature of the room on average? 70, very little variation.
2) what size room do you have, is the room big or small, is it near a window or AC unit?
18x30 room, 12 foot flat ceiling. pj is ceiling hung, 2 ft down from ceiling, halfway down 30 ft wall (ie. 15ft from any windows) with a foot clearance from the wall. No AC unit, no possibility of window light hitting it.
3) Did you make custom fans to point at the projector to help flow? No need, wide open mounting in a cool room. Ceiling temp is within two degrees of floor temp.
4) Do you use high alt mode?
5) what settings do you use? Generally living room mode. settings posted on avs re. calibration