Epson 6100, 8100, 6500ub, 8500ub, 7500ub, 9500ub Post Pre-Mature Lamp Failure here - Page 7 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: How Many Hours did you get on your first Bulb? Vote again for mutliple used bulbs.
300 or less Hours 0 0%
500 Hours 0 0%
700 Hours 1 50.00%
900 Hours 1 50.00%
1100 Hours 0 0%
1300 Hours 0 0%
1700 Hours 0 0%
2000 Hours 0 0%
2500 Hours 0 0%
3000 + Hours and Counting 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 235 Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaria42 View Post

My new 8700ub bulb failed at 540 hours, and Epson quickly sent me a free replacement. Tech support informed me that Epson has had frequent reports of premature bulb failure on my projector and are extending the bulb warranty to 2 years (the same as the projector itself).

I have a 8700UB myself and I am growing concerned about this. I have to wonder if the fact that Epson is so far behind on issuing rebate bulbs is due to them having to ship out bulbs to premature failure customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 235 Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

hmmmmmm really?

yep....really.

The 8100 is a older release than the 8350...a PJ I have had considerable experience with. I used the 8100 primarily for it's Lumen Horsepower and Lens shift...not because it was a technically correct PJ "out of the box".

Fortunately, and I suppose one might attribute such to correct placement/installation, I never had a Bulb failure on any of the 15+ 8100s I was "acquainted" with. Evan's quote actually predates the release of the 8350, but both still have the same potential issues that revolve around heat production. But my experiences once again differed greatly with most every one else's complaints. Once again...as Evan noted, many who mounted "off the Ceiling" were placing the PJ too close and depending to overly much on Lens Shift, or Shelf mounting the units and therein restricting the flow of air into the rear located Filtered Air intake.

However the 8100 was NOT the only PJ to experience premie Bulb deaths. The circumstances changed and instances rose in number with the release of the newer Epsons after the start of 2010. The 8100 simply had issues that predated Oct 2010 (...and Jan. 2010...) by many months, and as of yet were not addressed by Epson as being potentially a O.E.M. Bulb Mfg. issue.

The gross popularity of the 2010 line up, combined with a distinct rise on reported Bulb Failures made Epson take a hard look...and to prevent consumer backlash, they stepped up and made the offer they did, contingent as it was on finding a solution. It was NEVER stated as being "open Ended" and standard policy.

But a whole lot of people wanted it to be so, and those who did purchase during the last 6-7 month have the advantage of being included. Those who hemmed, hawed, or out of necessity waited to purchase now seem to be out of luck if the Serial number of the unit purchased is of a release date that falls after the determination by Epson that the new O.E.M Bulb supplier's product is fully up to spec.

I have a vested interest in being certain about this issue as I almost always beforehand suggested that people purchase a Bulb warranty. 90 Day isn't nearly enough time to ward off Murphy's interaction...and after all...these things are Light Bulbs. So I was glad for the concession while it lasted...and fully expectant of it's demise after "consumer' testing of the new O.E.M Bulbs and reported results by Dealers were collected, examined, and a decision made that things were back as they should be.

So OK...personally speaking...I was covertly hoping that other PJ Mfgs might follow suit and such a Warranty concession would become standard practice. But that was a vain hope, because quite frankly, between there not being a raft of similar failures across the PJ Mfg Board, and a general acceptance by all other PJ Mfgs that the Consumer...not they, should bear the brunt of Bulb replacement after 90 days, not a single PJ Mfg has followed suit.

So Epson might be missing a bigger promotional opportunity than they care to accept, but one would have to be very myopic indeed to not see that they must have certainly taken that into account and still opted to end the replacement program after a certain release date.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 235 Old 05-08-2011, 09:32 AM

Thought I would add a bit of information on this bulb issue.

1. Bought a 8500ub in Dec 2010. The unit was bought directly from Epson as a refurb (date of refurb Nov 2010) with firmware 1.02 and a new bulb installed....

2. Calibrated the 8500ub out of the box; and then again at 50 hours .... no problems. (Calman and iPro Eye-One)

3. Did a recalibration at 150 hours (planned) and found:
a. Need to dial up the absolute temp to 8000 to get a 6500CCT
b. Could not get adequate luminance (dE > 4) on the CMS for blue at 75% saturation
c. Absolute brightness of the bulb had dropped about 25% as measured by the iPro (same screen, same calibration setup, same room conditions.)

Called Epson ....very easy ..... got a techie who thought the bulb was starting to show signs of early failure....

Bulb came next day .... made in China. Asking for old bulb back.

Did a quick calibration out of the box .... all is well. If anything, the quality of the light is better. The old bulb/PJ combination had a slight color shift at the edges of the screen. The new bulb/PJ excellent whites from edge to edge.

If you ask me; a calibration check at 150 - 200 hours might pick up early bulb demise ... if the bulb output for blue drops off significantly that is the clue.
post #184 of 235 Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 AM

Epson in australia wont come to the party, bulb 1000hrs gone, warranty for only six months or 750hrs, australia model tw4000.
new one $499 au, is their anyway to just replace the bulb inside and not buy the whole housing.
post #185 of 235 Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Liked: 11
A critical data point missing from the survey is what model and when did they buy it. I for one have one of the early 6100s that I bought in 2009. It's still going strong, but I also don't have many hours on it either - I think around 650. I use my home theater maybe once or twice a week and then only for a couple of hours at a time (I have a toddler for whom I give a lot of my free time).

Given one of the hypotheses is that Epson changed from one bulb source to another, that event would correlate with model type and date. Absent of that information, it's really hard to pin that hypothesis down.
post #186 of 235 Old 06-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Just got off the phone with Epson. They are sending me a second replacement bulb. First bulb went out at 700 hours this one went at 500 hours. He told me not to worry because they were replacing bulbs for the warranty of the projector.

I told him that was great as long as there is warranty. What happens when the warranty is up and replacements are $200 every six months? When are they going to address the issue that is causing the bulbs to blow? He had no answer to any question.

Has anyone figured out what the problem is? Is it a cooling issue? My projector is mounted on the ceiling, the closest wall is 6.5' away. Filter is cleaned every two months, but is never dirty.

Eric B.
post #187 of 235 Old 07-05-2011, 06:17 PM

Got my 8350 back in April, have had it mounted and running for about a month now. Probably have about 50 hours or so on the bulb. Just tried to fire it up today and bulb wouldn't start. Of course, I was just cleaning up around the house and I think I threw away my PrivateLine PIN. I called regular support and they walked me through pulling and reinserting the bulb with no help.

The guy I talked to on the phone said that the department that handles bulb replacements was closed and that I would have to call back tomorrow to see if they will replace it or not which wasn't very heartening. I'm of course 92 days after I purchased the projector today, so if they aren't willing to honor the extended warranty, then I'm going to be pretty upset being 2 days out of the standard one.
post #188 of 235 Old 09-05-2011, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have comments on the newer bulbs working better than older batches?

RX-Z9 to KHORNS/SVS & FULL HERITAGE 8.3 HT Setup

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it
post #189 of 235 Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Squid View Post

The lamp on my 8500UB blew out last week almost exactly at the 500 hour mark (10 months old). My experience was very similar to what others have reported. First, the projector became very dim after turning it on one evening, although it was still useable. The next day, the projector refused to startup w/ the lamp light flashing red. I didn't hear a pop or anything, but the bulb is definitely destroyed - slanted at an angle inside like the caulking melted with little bits of loose glass in the bottom.

Well, my second bulb (Japanese rather than Chinese this time) exploded spectacularly this evening close to the end of The Empire Strikes Back on Blu-ray. I haven't checked the hours recently, but again it can't be much over 500, since it's only been a year and I couldn't possibly be averaging much more than 1.5 hours per night with my viewing habits.

Symptoms were pretty similar to my last bulb death, but I got the fireworks this time. Projector started noticeably dimmer and a restart didn't help, which gave me a sinking pit feeling in my stomach. When the bulb popped towards the end of the movie, I almost felt a sense of relief even as it made me jump from my seat since I won't have to let it die a slow death. I just checked the filter last week too and it was clean as a whistle.

Customer service was fantastic last time around with sending a replacement bulb, but I think I will ask for a refurb replacement for the whole kaboodle this time, since I do have the red wavy line issue which I would like to have fixed before my 2-year warranty expires at the turn of the year and this absurdly brief bulb lifetime can't possibly be situation normal. I was reluctant to do this before since other than an occasional red wavy line boot and bulbs exploding every 500 hours, everything else is perfect!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #190 of 235 Old 10-07-2011, 05:13 PM

I have the 8500UB. My second bulb lasted 1726 hours (purchased as a reserve before the first went out, the first lasted 1645 hrs).
It got too dark within a day. Switching to Family Room lasted an hour and it was too dark again.
Pj is in a cool basement theater with AC and used in THX mode, regular power. When I turn off the pj, the fan runs for another 10 seconds max and then turns itself off.
It looks like "up to 4000 hrs" is a tad optimistic.
post #191 of 235 Old 10-07-2011, 09:01 PM

just added my vote to the list. some of you guys need to relax a little bit here. Take the vote data for what its worth...just some info to see if others are having issues with the bulbs.

And I read where someone said if epson sends you a free bulb who cares if they fail early. Well I care because I have one more year on my warranty. after that year is up, it means that I am going to have to pay for the bulb to be replaced.....I wont be so happy to pay 300.00 for a bulb that last 200, 300, 400, or even 1000 hrs.

anyway.....my 8700 was purchased new in December of 2010. the lamp failed today at 682 hrs. lately I have noticed that the picture has been really dim. and finally the bulb failed today.

The projector is used in my basement media room which i would say is typically around 72ish degrees. it is ceiling mounted. I watch the projector 50% in living room mode set at eco, and 50% in THX mode set at eco.

I was not in the media room when the lamp failed, I went up stairs to run to the store, and when I came back, there was no picture and i noticed the lamp warning light blinking.......

When I removed the lamp, i noticed that it is broken.......and I noticed some very tiny class particles on the hatch that covers the lamp. I cleaned it and put the new lamp in (one that i received through rebate from Epson). now i know why they are or were giving a free lamp with the projector.

The failed lamp is a chinese made lamp, and the replacement is also chines made.

I will call Epson on Monday and see if I can get a new lamp.

It seems like they are supporting there products, and it sounds like customer service is great, but I am still concerned about the lampl life when I am out of warranty.

It seems that a large company like EPSON would fix such an issue. I can imagine that it is very expensive replacing all these lamps for free. maybe it would be cheaper to fix the issue.

Well...I will let you all know how it goes with getting the replacement lamp.

Bye the way....the warranty in the manual states that they only cover the lamp through 90 days.
post #192 of 235 Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM

forgot to mention. I was not using high altitude mode, but turned it on today. to tell you the truth, i dont really notice a big difference in fan noise, so i will be leaving it on in hopes that it extends my lamp life.
post #193 of 235 Old 10-26-2011, 06:28 PM

Liked: 14
I used full power from hour 1, with less than regular cleanings, in a dirty high altitude environment (With high altitude on) and my bulb died at 2500ish hours. My house is a much older one with no roof insulation so the temp is high and low. Good ventilation always. Ohh and this is a daily use PJ bought in Jan 11

I think the biggest thing I wanted to add is I always follow the 2 hr rule. Always on for at least two hours and always off for two hours. If I leave the house for a little bit I just leave it on. I follow this religiously and can count on one hand how many times I slipped on this rule.

I think that is a crucial thing to ask with this bulb thread.
post #194 of 235 Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM

Liked: 17
For what it is worth i have the Epson 720 and went over 9000 hours on my first 2 epson bulbs.

Not wanting to pay full price i tried mwave for my 3rd bulb and now have 1530 hours on it already and just like the real epson bulbs it is still going strong.

As a side note, my UV 3000 hour pond clarifier has been running 24/7 and is going on it's FOURTH year without a bulb change and my pond is crystal clear. I think that's like 35,000 hours on one bulb!

Im a FIRM believer in less strikes preserves the bulb filament!
I bought the 720 the first year it came out...not sure how long i have had this workhorse.

Glad i didnt upgrade!

matrixj
post #195 of 235 Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 AM

398hrs and another bulb bites the dust!

I am on my 4th projector for focus issues, and 3 bulbs now. Started with a 6100, got another 6100 and 2 8350 units. I still get the image wobble issue on the top 3/4 of the screen on all sources. This issue also occurs with no signal cable connected using test pattern. Confirmed not house power by taking this unit to a friends house....issue remains.

I am quite unhappy with the overall quality of the quality of the bulbs. The one they sent Tuesday this week also made in China.

Has anyone else noticed that quality control seems to be getting worse with these new units?
post #196 of 235 Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM

I have and Epson 6100
First lamp lasted 400 hours
Replaced by Epson (excellent customer service)
Second one, made in Japan, 800 hours
Again I had the lamp replaced by Epson for free, the next day
It is made in China but I hope it will last enough because I do not want to buy a lamp for 300$
and have it gone in the recycling bin after a short life span
The Tech I talked to told me that this one is going to last longer because it has been improved and they are aware of bad lamps around...
I really hope so
Anyone heard about those improvements?
post #197 of 235 Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 PM

My first bulb for my 8500 ub went out after warranty (3 during warranty), haven't been able to make them last past 1000 hours. On my 4th now, looks like I will have to buy the lamps now, Epson has no customer service. Can't change my decision to buy it now, at least I know for the future.
post #198 of 235 Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by promitiusx View Post

My first bulb for my 8500 ub went out after warranty (3 during warranty), haven't been able to make them last past 1000 hours. On my 4th now, looks like I will have to buy the lamps now, Epson has no customer service. Can't change my decision to buy it now, at least I know for the future.

A somewhat confusing post.

You had 1 bulb that lasted until the Bulb Warranty was over? And 3 that went bad "during" warranty? That makes 4 "dead Bulbs" yet you say your on your 4th Bulb?

I'm guessing you really mean your on the 4th replacement bulb, but tell us how you got "replacement bulbs" if the original lasted to the life of the warranty?

I completely understand your frustration....but I cannot agree with your statement that Epson has no Customer Service. Please explain to us how you managed to get 4 replacement Bulbs without having such "service" available? Or how such would be possible without Customer Service having at least some degree of understanding as far as your issues and needs?

I've handled many PJs across many Mfg lines, and none...at whatever price point, have ever seen fewer issues overall, or have had consistently better Customer Service than Epson. A good bellwether for judgement of this is how several PJ Mfg either have changed their PJ or Bulb Warranty-s to match Epson's.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

post #199 of 235 Old 03-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Second bulb failed last night at 950 hours with red light of death. This is the second bulb on the second 8100 I have (the first 8100's bulb failed at 1800 hours; a few months later, that 8100's HDMI board failed and was replaced with a refurb; it is the refurb's bulb that has now failed). Epson will overnight me a new bulb but my warranty expires in June 2012, leaving me on the hook for WHEN (not IF) it fails again.

Epson's customer service has been outstanding but I'm disinclined to give my business to a company who cannot get it right the first, second, or third time, no matter how good their post purchase service is.

Panasonic AE7000, here I come!
post #200 of 235 Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post

A somewhat confusing post.

You had 1 bulb that lasted until the Bulb Warranty was over? And 3 that went bad "during" warranty? That makes 4 "dead Bulbs" yet you say "your" on your 4th Bulb?

I'm guessing you really mean "your" on the 4th replacement bulb, but tell us how you got "replacement bulbs" if the original lasted to the life of the warranty?"

I am indeed on my 4th replacement, got 3 thru warranty and one I purchased and overnighted since Epson didn't have 24 hour customer service. I believe my statement reflects that this is my first time having a bulb pop while the PJ is out of warranty.
Quote:

I completely understand your frustration....but I cannot agree with your statement that Epson has no Customer Service. Please explain to us how you managed to get 4 replacement Bulbs without having such "service" available? Or how such would be possible without Customer Service having at least some degree of understanding as far as your issues and needs?

I have to agree they do have customer service once you get past the front lines. The guy last night kept telling me "out of warranty get lost" (paraphrase) is how I took it. I explained last replacement I was concerned about just doing the lamp as it has got nowhere close to the 4,000 hours and the agent told me they would work with me even after warranty. The guy had me send my receipt to an email address to show it was in warranty, so I did even though I was out of warranty. Got a call today from Epson and they are sending me out another 8500 ub and I will send mine back. This is very good customer service, although it did feel like I had to fight for it. I made my last post after 56 min call with Epson 44 min of that hold time and was frustrated.

Quote:

I've handled many PJs across many Mfg lines, and none...at whatever price point, have ever seen fewer issues overall, or have had consistently better Customer Service than Epson. A good bellwether for judgement of this is how several PJ Mfg either have changed their PJ or Bulb Warranty-s to match Epson's.

This is the only PJ I have owned and have been very happy with it. Doing all the research I could I found many reviews recommending this one as it had a bulb that would last 4,000 hours according to Epson. I do not regret my decision, but do wish the bulbs would last a bit longer.
post #201 of 235 Old 03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Just wanted to add that my previous projector, Optoma HD70, got to the promised 3,000 hours without any picture issues or premature bulb death issues whatsoever. How about that, "every projector has a problem" people?

On a side note, who would have imagined that a Chinese company (Optoma) would make a better quality projector than a Japanese company (Epson)?
post #202 of 235 Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 PM

Im glad I found this link again we have about 85% that never reach 2000 hours. 65% within 1100 hours.
post #203 of 235 Old 05-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Two quick questions?? Is there a way to get into the service menu and speed up the lamps cooling fans? I don't have an epson but most of the sanyos I work with have this option. Just about all of them have the shutdown fan cooling time service menu set to 3 and I usually change it to 5 which lets it run for an additional minute of so.

Question 2 could somebody post a few photos of the Bare lamp with its dimensions and any markings on the lamp?

Thanx!

Bohanna
post #204 of 235 Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM

The only option Im aware of is setting High Altitude which I had mine set to but the bulbs still go quick.
post #205 of 235 Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchell2038 View Post

The only option Im aware of is setting High Altitude which I had mine set to but the bulbs still go quick.

Im talking about the service menu that is used by the techs at the factory to calibrate the basic unit, It is usually not visible and requires a sequence of keys hit to access. I'm willing to bet there are settings for the fan speeds and shutdown time length.

Bohanna
post #206 of 235 Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Im talking about the service menu that is used by the techs at the factory to calibrate the basic unit, It is usually not visible and requires a sequence of keys hit to access. I'm willing to bet there are settings for the fan speeds and shutdown time length.

Bohanna

If there is a setting in the service menu for increasing the length of the fan run on shut down or speed during use, I imagine it would've been suggested previously. Nevertheless, here's some instructions on getting into the 6500/7500/8500 service menu. I used these to verify the firmware on a 6500 I had briefly, took about 5-6 tries to get in, kind of a P.I.T.A:

---------
Verify Firmware Version:
1. To verify the version of firmware on the PowerLite Home Cinema 6500UB or Pro Cinema 7500UB, first power on the projector.

2. Once the projector is powered and projecting to a screen, use the following button sequence to access and display the After Service Menu:

Press and hold the Menu button on the remote control or on the projector's control panel for at least 5 seconds, then release.
Within 4 seconds of pressing the Menu button:
a) Press and release the ESC button twice,
b) Press and release the right button (right arrow on remote)
c) Press and release the left button (left arrow on remote)

---------

This will get you to the service menu where you can check for any fan controls, if available. Be careful what you change though, might do harm than good if you're not cautious... -TD
post #207 of 235 Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post

If there is a setting in the service menu for increasing the length of the fan run on shut down or speed during use, I imagine it would've been suggested previously. Nevertheless, here's some instructions on getting into the 6500/7500/8500 service menu. I used these to verify the firmware on a 6500 I had briefly, took about 5-6 tries to get in, kind of a P.I.T.A:

---------
Verify Firmware Version:
1. To verify the version of firmware on the PowerLite Home Cinema 6500UB or Pro Cinema 7500UB, first power on the projector.

2. Once the projector is powered and projecting to a screen, use the following button sequence to access and display the After Service Menu:

Press and hold the Menu button on the remote control or on the projector's control panel for at least 5 seconds, then release.
Within 4 seconds of pressing the Menu button:
a) Press and release the ESC button twice,
b) Press and release the right button (right arrow on remote)
c) Press and release the left button (left arrow on remote)

---------

This will get you to the service menu where you can check for any fan controls, if available. Be careful what you change though, might do harm than good if you're not cautious... -TD

IN the sanyos some have labels like fan speed and others just have item numbers and you need to go to the service manual to see whats what.
Before changing ANY data numbers make sure you know the items you are messing with and MAKE SURE to write THE Initial numbers down for EACH item you are changing. YOU will NOT be able to Remember them!! I'm surprised there hasn't been talk of this in these forums since lamp life has been quite a lively topic. and lamp life is affected by cooling and shutdown cycles

Bohanna
post #208 of 235 Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM

Hey Everyone, my 3rd bulb just blew on my Epson 8100, my 2 year warranty was up in Dec. Has anyone had luck with getting them to send you a replacement after the warranty period is up? Any tips on what you said to them? Thanks!

post #209 of 235 Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 AM

An Epson 6500UB owner here. My bulbs cracked at 750, 900 and 1040 hours.

While the projector was in warranty, Epson stood behind their product, but with my last bulb cracking, I called them and they said my only option is to purchase a new bulb now that the projector is just over 2 years old.

This despite getting the projector with a spare bulb as part of the offer, according to their published specifications I should not have encountered any bulb cost for 8000 hours. Yet, with 3 bulbs, I only received 2690 hours.

Any they think I am going to buy one of their bulbs with what they told me is only a 90 day warranty?! It may be expected to have a defective product from time to time, but they have not fixed this over the years - they expect us now to pay for a product proven to be defective. If I had confidence it would last, I'd stay with them, but I will not blindly purchase the same.

I gave them a chance to stand behind an obviously defective product and they failed this time.

1) What is the temperature of the room on average? How often do you clean your filter? The room is climate and humidity controlled at 20 degrees C. Filter is cleaned before noticeable dust build-up - approx. every 60 hours.

2) what size room do you have, is the room big or small, is it near a window or AC unit?
Room is 16' x 34' x 8'. Projector is ceiling mounted with an extension bar bringing it 1.5' below the ceiling. Unit is not near a window not any vent.

3) Did you make custom fans to point at the projector to help flow?
No.

4) Do you use high alt mode?
Yes, I enabled this when I installed my third bulb having asked an Epson tech if there was anything I could do to help. It may have made some difference, but not near enough.

5) what settings do you use? like pre-made modes, or your own custom calibrations?
Auto Iris is disabled. Living Room setting.
post #210 of 235 Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 PM

My projector is the 8500 UB. Bulb Nr. 3 became too dark to watch after 2246 hours, with setting at high altitude from the start. Lamp 1 after 1645, lamp 2 after 1726, both with regular speed. So may be the higher fan speed helped a bit. We will see how long lamp Nr. 4 with high altitude setting will last. Certainly not even close to 4000 hours, but good picture while it lasts.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 6100 1080p 3lcd Home Theater Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8100 Home Theatre Projector V11h336120 , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8500 Ub Lcd Projector V11h337020
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page