Mitsubishi HC4000 - Page 51 - AVS Forum
First ... 49  50  51
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > Mitsubishi HC4000
danieloneil01's Avatar danieloneil01 02:53 PM 06-18-2011
I have a question. I've been without a projector for about 1 yr and miss it. My last one was an Optoma HD70.


I've got a new house and I'm using the only thing I have left from the previous theatre, PB13+. Can I get 106" screen based on any of these numbers? It's going to be ceiling mounted.


Config #1

Depth 14'2
Ceiling Height 7'9

Config #2

Depth 11'6
Ceiling Height 8'11


Seating distance for both ones is 12' from head to screen

Total width of wall the screen is going on is 10'7 wide and 8'11 tall. Room is a bit over 1300cuft, small but the sub will rock the room. All components are going into adjacent closet. Room is going to be 100% light controlled, painted dark and used at night. There's a sponsor that has a packaged deal for this, screen and a few other things for a good price. Making sure it will work for me before throwing the money down for it.

Thanks.

fleaman's Avatar fleaman 05:02 PM 06-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post

I have a question.
Thanks.

From previous page>>>

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/bu...s/prjcalc.html

Make sure you chose the HC4000 in the calculator before entering your #'s....
danieloneil01's Avatar danieloneil01 05:15 PM 06-18-2011
Looks like a go. Thanks.
snmhanson's Avatar snmhanson 08:57 AM 06-19-2011
We have a new HC4000 and I think the component connection is DOA. I connected my GoPro video camera to the component-in and the projector would not recognize a signal. Just to be sure it wasn't an issue with the camera, I tried it on one of our other tvs and it work fine. I also quickly tried connecting an older DVD player to the projector via component and it showed "no signal" as well. Other than changing the source to component, I didn't make any other changes on the projector. Could I be missing something here?

Thanks,

Matt

I decided to test the component feed once more with out BD player and it DID work, so I am going to assume the projector is just fine. I also know that the GoPro works fine too from testing it on other devices. I can use the composite feed between the projector and GoPro and get a picture, just not through component. Oh well, maybe there is just an inherent compatibility issue. I guess I will just feed the GoPro into the receiver and have it up-convert to HDMI - unless anyone else has any other ideas...
mooney's Avatar mooney 11:23 AM 06-20-2011
OK....trying to use the calculator to replace my hc3000 with a hc4000. I can't get it to work after MANY tries...so can someone do the calculations for me ?

106" 16x9 screen, 8' 8" ceiling, front row about 13 ft, screen is 26 1/2" down from ceiling and 30 1/4" above floor, Chief universal mount, bottom of projector 7 1/2" down, center of lens 6 1/2" down from ceiling.

Help will enable me to buy my new projector.
bishopt's Avatar bishopt 09:03 PM 06-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney View Post

OK....trying to use the calculator to replace my hc3000 with a hc4000. I can't get it to work after MANY tries...so can someone do the calculations for me ?

106" 16x9 screen, 8' 8" ceiling, front row about 13 ft, screen is 26 1/2" down from ceiling and 30 1/4" above floor, Chief universal mount, bottom of projector 7 1/2" down, center of lens 6 1/2" down from ceiling.

Help will enable me to buy my new projector.

Look for the reply in the Official HC4000 Thread...trying to consolidate the threads and just use the new one...
mooney's Avatar mooney 11:28 AM 06-21-2011
Bishopt,

Will do.
HiFiFun's Avatar HiFiFun 02:39 AM 07-08-2011
"Mitsubishi HC7800: new DLP Full HD 3D
So it's the Mitsubishi HC 7800 who signs in October 2011, the return of the brand with three diamonds in the area of video projection DLP-based home.

The arrival resellers has been announced for the end of October 2011 at a rate estimate for 2900 euros. The projector will come with a kit consisting of two 3D active 3D glasses.

This new projector will be presented by the brand at IFA in Berlin from September 2 to 7, 2011."
Peter_'s Avatar Peter_ 08:59 AM 07-10-2011
I would like to ask a favor, play both video tests and look how much of Dynamic Resolution it has.

Link: Test 1.mp4


Link: Test 2.mp4


Please tell me what resolution the projector begins to mess the lines.


Thank you,
Peter.
brenth561's Avatar brenth561 12:48 PM 08-05-2011
Looking for an electric screen under $800 for the HC4000. Anyone know if the Elite Spectrum Electric100H would work well with this projector? Cant beat it at $200
videoom1's Avatar videoom1 09:35 PM 08-05-2011
elite cine tension 2 is a great screen.Got a 84in for around 500
s0ad's Avatar s0ad 07:02 AM 08-06-2011
Bought the Mits few days ago and it is mind blowing! So much better than my Epson TW3200, however, i have a problem with a high pitched sound from the projector

The sound become worse depending on how I turn my head.

I uploaded a video on youtube with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTF35Kyt00

Running in Low mode/cinema with brilliant color off.

RMA?
bishopt's Avatar bishopt 01:44 PM 08-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ad View Post
Bought the Mits few days ago and it is mind blowing! So much better than my Epson TW3200, however, i have a problem with a high pitched sound from the projector

The sound become worse depending on how I turn my head.

I uploaded a video on youtube with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTF35Kyt00

Running in Low mode/cinema with brilliant color off.

RMA?

Hey Soad..trying to kill this old thread, go to the official HC400o thread and I will post my respoinse there...
tellybr's Avatar tellybr 09:39 AM 04-25-2012
Hi!!!!

Does anybody know where I can find the Service Manual (Circuit Diagram) for the HC4000.

I tried the Mitsubishi webpage but the links were not working...

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
TELLYBR
Skylinestar's Avatar Skylinestar 10:13 AM 04-25-2012
This thread should be merged with this:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1331261
jerrytbirdsc's Avatar jerrytbirdsc 10:32 PM 09-07-2012
I have a Optoma HD70 and have been thinking about upgrading to a HC4000 or a Optoma HD20. I am perfectly happy with my HD70 and the 720 resolution but it's time for a new bulb and the cooling fans are starting to get noisy. I have kept the projector clean on the inside from dust as I have taken the projector apart about 4 times and did a thorough cleaning over the years. I have about 5300 hours on the projector and have been extremely satisfied.. My parents also had a HD70 that they put about 6000 hours on and I upgraded them to the Optoma HD23 a few months ago. They like to watch regular tv with room lighting on and I thought that more lumens was a good thing. They are happy with the Optoma HD23 but I see too many rainbows and the thing is a light cannon. I watch TV and movies in a light controlled environment with some ambient light. My experience with the HD23 makes me nervous about buying the HD20. Now I am looking at the HC4000. This projector has been out for quite some time. When is the replacement for this model coming out?
ctmooregottapee's Avatar ctmooregottapee 12:25 AM 09-08-2012
[this is just my chatter]
with the new 3D projectors, most 2D only models didn't see an updated release, and the HC4000 doesn't have a 2D only update path (yet)

personally i've enjoyed my benq w5000, no rainbows, but it puts out some lumens as pretty much all DLPs do, it has both physical iris and 'software' iris so its manageable

it also might be time to look at the latest LCDs as they have apparently neared parity, and the lowest price JVC LCOS is now a reasonable alternative too.

keep in mind the HC4000 very limited mounting locations, ie no rear shelf - you can download the manual to check specs
John P's Avatar John P 06:10 AM 09-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytbirdsc View Post

I have a Optoma HD70 and have been thinking about upgrading to a HC4000 or a Optoma HD20. I am perfectly happy with my HD70 and the 720 resolution but it's time for a new bulb and the cooling fans are starting to get noisy. I have kept the projector clean on the inside from dust as I have taken the projector apart about 4 times and did a thorough cleaning over the years. I have about 5300 hours on the projector and have been extremely satisfied.. My parents also had a HD70 that they put about 6000 hours on and I upgraded them to the Optoma HD23 a few months ago. They like to watch regular tv with room lighting on and I thought that more lumens was a good thing. They are happy with the Optoma HD23 but I see too many rainbows and the thing is a light cannon. I watch TV and movies in a light controlled environment with some ambient light. My experience with the HD23 makes me nervous about buying the HD20. Now I am looking at the HC4000. This projector has been out for quite some time. When is the replacement for this model coming out?

I have been at CEDIA the last few days and asked the Mits reps if they would be upgrading or enchancing the HC4000. They said nothing was planned and that they were just going to continue seling the HC4000.
aviman33's Avatar aviman33 03:37 AM 11-25-2012
How does this projectors 2D stack up to the Optima hd33 and the Epson 3020? I have a light controlled room with a 100" screen.
Jeratt's Avatar Jeratt 05:57 PM 11-28-2012
Do you guys think Mits is gonna offer an extra bulb like they did with the HC3800? Just wondering if I should jump on one right away or wait it out if anyone knows or not they plan to offer this again.
John P's Avatar John P 06:42 AM 11-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeratt View Post

Do you guys think Mits is gonna offer an extra bulb like they did with the HC3800? Just wondering if I should jump on one right away or wait it out if anyone knows or not they plan to offer this again.

I doubt it.
HDTVChallenged's Avatar HDTVChallenged 12:27 PM 11-29-2012
IIRC, the HC3800 had a rash of motherboard problems ... the free lamp program was part of the effort to fend off the angry villagers with pitchforks.
Jeratt's Avatar Jeratt 05:56 PM 11-29-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post

IIRC, the HC3800 had a rash of motherboard problems ... the free lamp program was part of the effort to fend off the angry villagers with pitchforks.

Haha!....good to know, thx man.
Elix's Avatar Elix 11:22 PM 02-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post

I would like to ask a favor, play both video tests and look how much of Dynamic Resolution it has.

Link: Test 1.mp4



Link: Test 2.mp4




Please tell me what resolution the projector begins to mess the lines.



Thank you,

Peter.
Hear the man.
First ... 49  50  51

Up
Mobile  Desktop