The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 296 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #8851 of 8858 Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The projector is perfectly level. I am using some lens shift. I'll try to capture the issue with my camera and post it up to see if it's normal or not. I really don't want to deal with shipping this out and getting another projector with issues, which seems to be par for the course with Epson.

Edit: Called Epson, and they're sending me another unit. Gearing up to start the game, but hopefully the new unit performs better than my current unit. The red hazy tint is only viewable on a white image, and isn't really noticeable in movies. Hopefully I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hole here. I just want a projector without issues, even if this is nit picky.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup

Last edited by robertw11; 11-19-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8858 Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
The projector is perfectly level. I am using some lens shift. I'll try to capture the issue with my camera and post it up to see if it's normal or not. I really don't want to deal with shipping this out and getting another projector with issues, which seems to be par for the course with Epson.

Edit: Called Epson, and they're sending me another unit. Gearing up to start the game, but hopefully the new unit performs better than my current unit. The red hazy tint is only viewable on a white image, and isn't really noticeable in movies. Hopefully I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hole here. I just want a projector without issues, even if this is nit picky.

You may find the odd horror story every once in awhile, but I can say that Epson's customer service the finest I've ever experience from any company in my entire life. And I'm not exaggerating. For me, they have been exemplary.
post #8853 of 8858 Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 AM

We'll see. I've read enough about people getting replacements with their own issues, and going through 3-4 projectors before one is acceptable enough to keep. I should have bought new, and not factory refurbished.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #8854 of 8858 Old 11-20-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
We'll see. I've read enough about people getting replacements with their own issues, and going through 3-4 projectors before one is acceptable enough to keep. I should have bought new, and not factory refurbished.

Yes, but what you don't read are the numerous people who get one replacement and are completely satisfied. These are the people who don't comment. The only ones in general who take the time to comment on their experiences are the ones who had bad experiences.

You always hear about the plane crash that kills 200 people but you hear nothing about the thousands of flights that occur every day without incident.

In any case, what other company with keep sending you projectors until you get one you're happy with? Without costing you a dime? Shipping a 20 lb PJ back and forth ain't cheap.
post #8855 of 8858 Old 11-20-2014, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The only thing I've noticed with my 8345 is when I'm using my computer I get what appears to be snowflake like effects just on the lower left hand side.
post #8856 of 8858 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
out of focus- throw distance

I have a almost 3 yr old 8350, with just over 1000 hrs on bulb, been using a 100" screen with a 13' 4'" throw with good results, I recently thought picture was getting a little dull/fuzzy, then I upgrades to an elite 120" screen, now I think the problem is a little worse, projector central pro calculator says my 13' 4" throw is not optimal, they recommend 16' 1", so looking for opinions, is my fuzzy dull problem the projector being to close? or is it my bulb output, or likely both? thanks in advance
post #8857 of 8858 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
Yes, but what you don't read are the numerous people who get one replacement and are completely satisfied. These are the people who don't comment. The only ones in general who take the time to comment on their experiences are the ones who had bad experiences.

You always hear about the plane crash that kills 200 people but you hear nothing about the thousands of flights that occur every day without incident.

In any case, what other company with keep sending you projectors until you get one you're happy with? Without costing you a dime? Shipping a 20 lb PJ back and forth ain't cheap.
I like your optimism. We'll see how this replacement fares.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #8858 of 8858 Old Today, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyman View Post
I have a almost 3 yr old 8350, with just over 1000 hrs on bulb, been using a 100" screen with a 13' 4'" throw with good results, I recently thought picture was getting a little dull/fuzzy, then I upgrades to an elite 120" screen, now I think the problem is a little worse, projector central pro calculator says my 13' 4" throw is not optimal, they recommend 16' 1", so looking for opinions, is my fuzzy dull problem the projector being to close? or is it my bulb output, or likely both? thanks in advance
We'll I got my answer, the bulb quit today, 975 hours but almost 3 yrs old
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page