The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 298 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #8911 of 8913 Old 12-18-2014, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I did the cleaning procedure again and I can't get rid of one a green blob. How difficult is it to get to the mirrors? I have been blowing air on the green LCD without much luck, so I'm thinking the dust must be on one of the mirrors.

Kuro'd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 8913 Unread Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Is it possible to have dust on the mirrors? Its a green blob so I assumed its dust on the green panel. Looking inside the lens when the projector is on I can see what looks like a small hair, tiny fuzz.

Am I see dust on a lcd, mirror, or on the inside of the lens? I've blown quite a bit of air on the lcd panels and at the inside of the lens, and I can't get rid of this one fuzz. Maybe its burnt on a mirror.

Kuro'd
post #8913 of 8913 Unread Today, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
Is it possible to have dust on the mirrors? Its a green blob so I assumed its dust on the green panel. Looking inside the lens when the projector is on I can see what looks like a small hair, tiny fuzz.

Am I see dust on a lcd, mirror, or on the inside of the lens? I've blown quite a bit of air on the lcd panels and at the inside of the lens, and I can't get rid of this one fuzz. Maybe its burnt on a mirror.
Ideally you want to detach the LCD cable from the board in order to get a good shot of air into the panel area. Dust blobs show up best on the green LCD panel, however the dust could be on the red or blue panels. They should all be blown out.

A fine layer of dust itself will not show up on the screen, just dust blobs.

Use two cans of compressed air being careful not to let the liquid propellant out. When one gets too cold, switch to the other. Standing the projector on end so it is upright helps to keep the can of compressed air upright as well. Detach the ribbon cable from the board by flipping up the clamp that holds it in place. Using your compressed air work your way back and forth parallel to the LCD panel using a sweeping motion. Don't be stingy with the air, you want to dislodge it and blow it out of that area.

It's not unusual for people to try several times to get a dust blob out before it's finally blown out.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page