Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
the 8345 is an improvement on the 8350.
That's yet to be proven.

To be safe people should start looking at the Epson 3000, and not the 8350 / 8345.

Kuro'd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8942 of 8948 Old Today, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw11 View Post
That's yet to be proven.

To be safe people should start looking at the Epson 3000, and not the 8350 / 8345.
Agreed. Except for the shorter throw and less lens shift, the hc3000 is an improvement over the 8350/45 in every other way. Brighter by far, better contrast, better motion handling, slightly better SDE, panel convergence controls, and maybe the best 3D on the market. A true no brainer. (Unless you really need more lens shift and throw)
post #8943 of 8948 Old Today, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
new topic? my 8350 has been great for a month or so,
but ive seen a new problem, when using zoom to fill my 120" screen ive noticed that the image is narrower at the top than the bottom, changed inputs, no difference, use the pattern, focus is good, not sure where to look for a solution, have tried auto iris on and off, thanks in advance for ideas
post #8944 of 8948 Old Today, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyman View Post
but ive seen a new problem, when using zoom to fill my 120" screen ive noticed that the image is narrower at the top than the bottom, changed inputs, no difference, use the pattern, focus is good, not sure where to look for a solution, have tried auto iris on and off, thanks in advance for ideas
Have you played with the angle its tilted on...higher vs lower?
post #8945 of 8948 Old Today, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
Have you played with the angle its tilted on...higher vs lower?
the only on purpose change I've made is lower the position of my screen for a better front seat row viewing, i've tried adjusting shift left and right and up an down, I guess I should check the level and plum of screen again
post #8946 of 8948 Old Today, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The cure for keystone is lens angle and shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyman View Post
Image narrow at the top indicates the lens is aimed down. adjust the angle of the projector body slightly upward and use the vertical lens shift to place the image at the desired vertical elevation. Iterate that sequence until the keystone is eliminated. As your later post implies its also possible the the screen isn't plumb, but its less likely because people have a good natural sense of vertical and the screen is usually where a wall provides an additional vertical reference.
post #8947 of 8948 Old Today, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polychromeuganda View Post
Image narrow at the top indicates the lens is aimed down. adjust the angle of the projector body slightly upward and use the vertical lens shift to place the image at the desired vertical elevation. Iterate that sequence until the keystone is eliminated. As your later post implies its also possible the the screen isn't plumb, but its less likely because people have a good natural sense of vertical and the screen is usually where a wall provides an additional vertical reference.

yep, that was it, project was un level, a lot better now,, avs members are great thanks
post #8948 of 8948 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not everything about the HC3000 is an improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben38 View Post
Agreed. Except for the shorter throw and less lens shift, the hc3000 is an improvement over the 8350/45 in every other way. Brighter by far, better contrast, better motion handling, slightly better SDE, panel convergence controls, and maybe the best 3D on the market. A true no brainer. (Unless you really need more lens shift and throw)
There are at least 3 reasons why a buyer might prefer the HC8350 to the HC3000 - a summary might be that some buyers find the product features added to the HC3000 to support the now moribund 3D fad increased the product cost significantly while some other desirable features were degraded.

The HC3000 is around 30% more expensive than the HC8350 ($1,200 vs $900).

The HC3000 has at best a couple of additional frames of input delay (fast), at worst over 100mS (fine) which is enough to noticeably degrade lip-sync. The 8350 is noted by gamers for its short input delay (aka lag) (according to projectorcentral and also my daughter and son-in-law who use their 8350 for gaming).

The HC3000 has noticable fan noise at full lamp power. (according to projectorcentral, the Epson spec for the HC3000 is 35dB, vs 28dB for the HC8350, neither should be noticeable unless seated close or in front of the projector and are less likely to be noticed if ceiling mounted)

The lens shift limits of the HC3000 are 60% V and 24% H of the image size, vs 96% V and 47% H for the HC8350. (only important if the availability of mounting positions is limited)

The zoom lens of the HC3000 is shorter than the HC8350, the throw limits for a 100" diagonal screen are 9'10" to 16', vs 9'10" to 20'10". (only important in a larger room)

Conversely, it should be added that the HC3000 accepts an optional USB wireless network interface, but the HC8350 can't.

Also the HC3000 supports 3D (glasses not included $100/ea OEM, $50/ea generic) but the HC8350 does not.

Last edited by polychromeuganda; Today at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350