The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 301 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes
post #9001 of 9008 Old 01-21-2015, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have it set on Econo mode and on Dynamic. I just read today that High Altitude would run the fan a little longer on shutdown so I made that change this afternoon. I always felt that the fan should run a little longer but the big case for this unit doesn't seem Our basement is pretty cool even though I close the AC vents in the summer and sometimes don't open them all year. I put in two rows of reclining seats this year and build a riser that is 13" and the back row is under the ceiling mounted unit and I do not hear the fan until the sound is off and I am focusing on it to shut the power off from a switch on my wiring bridge. I try to remember to keep the filter clean and carefully remove it to vacuum a couple times a month otherwise I don't disturb the projector. I figure power surges, heat and vibration are the enemy and I try to avoid them as much as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just installed my new 8345, and I'm a little confused about the main power swith. Do I leave it on all the time and use the regular on and off. Or do I shut the main power off when not in use.
post #9003 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim nt View Post
I just installed my new 8345, and I'm a little confused about the main power swith. Do I leave it on all the time and use the regular on and off. Or do I shut the main power off when not in use.
My unit is ceiling mounted so I installed a switch in the line going to a receptacle near the projector so I leave the switch on the projector ON but cut the power when the fan stops on shutdown.
post #9004 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM

So once the fan stops the main power should be turned off.
post #9005 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim nt View Post
So once the fan stops the main power should be turned off.
That is kind of your option. If the main switch is on, the unit will continue to draw a very small amount of current to feed the circuits controlling the remote sensor. Turning off that switch will disable those circuits. Saves a bit of power at the cost of some convenience.

What you don't want to do is remove power wile the lamp is on or the fans are still running as that will shorten bulb life.
post #9006 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPC_Dude View Post
Hi Coaldigger, thanks for posting up your good experience with the 8350. I am curious if you run ECO mode at all on your projector? What viewing mode do you run (Cinema, Dynamic, etc) 2999 hours doesn't sound terrible for lamp life if you run in normal mode with above average brightness.

My experience has been generally positive. I did get the AutoIris error a few times on the 8350, I changed out to the 8345 and have not had any issues other than a bit more fan noise than my old 8350.
I don't actually have an 8350. I have the very similar previous model, the 8100. My bulb blew at 4225 hours. I replaced it with genuine Epson after reading the horror stories about cheap clones. In my mind it was worth paying the $230 it cost from an authorized online dealer. It now has another 2000 hours and is going strong.

I run in ECO mode for most of the life, but switched to normal when it started darkening. I run a custom profile based on cinema that I periodically set using a calibration disc. I also run high altitude mode. My theater is a totally light controlled cave with dark indigo walls, but the projector, mounted 19' back on the wall is plenty bright. I do clean the filter every 3 months but have not replaced it. I really should.
post #9007 of 9008 Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayn_j View Post
That is kind of your option. If the main switch is on, the unit will continue to draw a very small amount of current to feed the circuits controlling the remote sensor. Turning off that switch will disable those circuits. Saves a bit of power at the cost of some convenience.

What you don't want to do is remove power wile the lamp is on or the fans are still running as that will shorten bulb life.
Makes sense. Thank you.
post #9008 of 9008 Unread Today, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Got the replacement setup, appears to better. White images are white, uniformity looks about the same. Only thing that I might not be perfect is the sharpness, this replacement doesn't look as sharp (small text) than the one it replaced, but I'll have to do some more testing.

Kuro'd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page