The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 302 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
post #9031 of 9031 Unread Today, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Questions for those very knowledgeable with this projectors, have ran them with the covers off, or have repaired them:

0.) I want to confirm the following is normal startup procedure. Anyone could (please!) try this if they run the projector with the lamp out, and the cover switch depressed (the cross shaped opening over a switch that the lamp door pushes on. A screwdriver works.):
A.) The front black, exhaust fan (looking down at the lamp well, with lens in front) doesn't run on startup. I believe it probably starts up later once the bulb gets up to temp.

B.) The auto iris is fully opened from whatever position it started in and left open

C.) The cinema filter slides back and forth once, to the end of it's travel (limit switches).

1.) Has anyone found a service manual for this model? Or at least a parts list?

2.) At the front left corner of the lamp well (looking top down, lens at front), where the lamp sits, there is a small (1" tall, maybe 1/4" wide?), white-ish ceramic (I think?) electrical component with two white leads. The front of this component is exposed, meaning, it can be seen from the inside of the lamp well. The wires run to the main switches. I believe it to be a thermal breaker, or thermal switch, can anyone confirm?

3.) My projector is doing the following: It turns on, lamp is energized/lit, and the word Epson becomes projected. All fans startup, except the large front black exhaust fan in front of the lamp, that blows out the front. The auto iris opens up to full aperture. The cinema filter slides back and forth once in each direction (hits the limits switches). Shortly after (about 5 seconds after the unit is turned on), the lamp shuts off, the fans ramp to full speed, and the Temp light begins flashing red on / off once a second. Fans run for ~1 minute, then it powers down. It now does this every single time. It was doing it intermittently for a few months, on startup - and very once in a while, it would shut off during use (but then usually could be turned right back on). It only started doing it after I replaced a lamp that failed catastrophically (exploded).

For these reasons, I'm thinking that the component I named is a thermal breaker, that is tripped and thinks it's overheating. And that it now failed completely. My auto iris and cinema filter work just fine from what I see.

Harman Kardon AVR 254 ● Energy Connoisseur C-7 ● Epson PowerLite 8350 ● 100" DIY WA DW w/ 80/20 frame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page