The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 303 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
post #9061 of 9062 Unread Today, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Request a Return / Replacement. Changing locations won't correct out-of-alignment LCD Panels, and the PJ has no built-in correction controls.

What your experiencing isn't all that Common, and if that is a new PJ then you should get a New one in exchange. Or opt for a 8350 instead.

Personally, I don't much care for VA Refurbs. They have a bad track record for shipping out returns labeled as Refurbs, which are not fixed. Projector People seems far more trustworthy and considerate when any return is needed.
Right it is a refurb. It looked new and showed 10 hour operational lifetime, so it seemed like a steal at first. It was advertised as manufacture refurbished, having the full 2 year manufacturer warranty I understood this to mean that my 8345 was covered by the same rapid replacement policy that new projectors have. I hope I wasn't mistaken.

I will contact Epson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 9062 Unread Today, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Strange background distortion after replacing lamp

I just replaced my 8350's lamp after 1575 hours. I replaced it with a lamp with an Osram bulb from Amazon (product id B00M4MSW5M) and immediately noticed an odd distortion on the image. It almost looks like a uniformly dirty LCD, but with a horizontal hairline through the picture almost perfectly in the center of the image. Text is clear and sharp and bright, but everything else looks like it's being projected on a concrete wall. (I project onto a projector screen.)

What could cause this? Is it possible that the lamp is contributing this effect? I inspected the lamp to make sure there was no plastic film on the glass; it was perfectly clean looking. Could the old bulb's burnout have spewed matter perfectly across the LCD panel? What about the horizontal line?

I am currently looking for a second replacement lamp to compare against, and hopefully determine if it's the lamp or the LCD or something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page