The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 303 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #9061 of 9065 Old 05-23-2015, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Request a Return / Replacement. Changing locations won't correct out-of-alignment LCD Panels, and the PJ has no built-in correction controls.

What your experiencing isn't all that Common, and if that is a new PJ then you should get a New one in exchange. Or opt for a 8350 instead.

Personally, I don't much care for VA Refurbs. They have a bad track record for shipping out returns labeled as Refurbs, which are not fixed. Projector People seems far more trustworthy and considerate when any return is needed.
Right it is a refurb. It looked new and showed 10 hour operational lifetime, so it seemed like a steal at first. It was advertised as manufacture refurbished, having the full 2 year manufacturer warranty I understood this to mean that my 8345 was covered by the same rapid replacement policy that new projectors have. I hope I wasn't mistaken.

I will contact Epson.

Update: Well my initial Epson experience has been a little irritating. I called them on Friday and sent my proof of purchase 10 minutes later. I was told to expect a call 24-48 hours later, but it was the holiday weekend so I waited ~100 hours. I called them this evening to make sure things were going smoothly and they had no record of my email. I had to go through the process again (new reference number) and once again I can expect a call within 24-48 hours.

Update2: Epson eventually told me that they couldn't do anything as I was still inside the seller's return period (why it took a week for me to get that response I don't know). I was a bit tetchy about this, but I contacted Visual Apex and they were great, they said they would file an RMA with Epson and send me a return shipping label and assuming they had tracking for my return they would ship me a replacement as soon as stock arrived. Except I never received the shipping label and by the time I contacted them I had missed the first shipment window. I'm not sure if everyone has these kinds of experiences or if I'm just lucky.

Last edited by nxsfan; 05-29-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 9065 Old 05-23-2015, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Strange background distortion after replacing lamp

I just replaced my 8350's lamp after 1575 hours. I replaced it with a lamp with an Osram bulb from Amazon (product id B00M4MSW5M) and immediately noticed an odd distortion on the image. It almost looks like a uniformly dirty LCD, but with a horizontal hairline through the picture almost perfectly in the center of the image. Text is clear and sharp and bright, but everything else looks like it's being projected on a concrete wall. (I project onto a projector screen.)

What could cause this? Is it possible that the lamp is contributing this effect? I inspected the lamp to make sure there was no plastic film on the glass; it was perfectly clean looking. Could the old bulb's burnout have spewed matter perfectly across the LCD panel? What about the horizontal line?

I am currently looking for a second replacement lamp to compare against, and hopefully determine if it's the lamp or the LCD or something else.
post #9063 of 9065 Old 05-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimo View Post
I just replaced my 8350's lamp after 1575 hours. I replaced it with a lamp with an Osram bulb from Amazon (product id B00M4MSW5M) and immediately noticed an odd distortion on the image. It almost looks like a uniformly dirty LCD, but with a horizontal hairline through the picture almost perfectly in the center of the image. Text is clear and sharp and bright, but everything else looks like it's being projected on a concrete wall. (I project onto a projector screen.)

What could cause this? Is it possible that the lamp is contributing this effect? I inspected the lamp to make sure there was no plastic film on the glass; it was perfectly clean looking. Could the old bulb's burnout have spewed matter perfectly across the LCD panel? What about the horizontal line?

I am currently looking for a second replacement lamp to compare against, and hopefully determine if it's the lamp or the LCD or something else.
My lamp blew up on me about a month ago, even spewed stuff out from the vents but my replacement lamp worked fine. It was an OEM lamp though - in fact I should give credit to Epson on this thread. My projector is a little over 2 years old and the lamp had 2700 hours on it but it was pretty dim 1.5 years in with 2200 hours on it at which time I emailed Epson regarding it. They told me to call in and discuss with a rep but I was lazy to do so. I did call when lamp exploded just to see if in the future I could expect the same longevity. They actually sent me a free replacement 'goodwill' bulb out so pretty happy about the whole thing.
post #9064 of 9065 Old Today, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I have the Epson EH-TW3600, it's a European model but is identical to the 8350. On startup I get a normal image showing the EPSON logo, and then the input picture is displayed normally while the projector is still warming up, and then gradually as it reaches full brightness, the picture turns a bright pink, uniformly covering the screen, but I can still see the input image but with severely incorrect colors. If I stop playback or change input, the pink seems to switch between different pinkish hues, so there is obviously something fishy going on. I bought it second hand (cheap, so I have no problems tearing it apart), and have no reason to doubt the guy I bought it from when he says it was fine before, but I had to replace the lamp as the included one was blown, so I don't really know what the picture was like before. Did I do something wrong when I replaced the lamp? Can it be fixed? Any suggestions??

Here is a picture I found in another thread that shows my exact problem:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1418319772918.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	749953  
post #9065 of 9065 Old Today, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thinking I might need a new bulb in the next month or two. did a search on amazon and it seems like theres just 25-30 dollar knock-offs and one for 120 stating osram bulb. whats everyone been going with lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350