The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 8769 Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Im hoping that the review on PJ Central lumens measurment was a typo or a mistake in the review process.

It would seem odd that the 8350 measured lower than the 8100.

I have owned (for a few days) the 8100 and also owned the AX200 and they were both very bright as we all know,,,, Im sure the 8350 (I get it Thursday) will be fine in real world use,, even if it does have lower lumens.

Perhaps we could email PJ Central to double check their measurments

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 8769 Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike734 View Post

Damn. Projector people let me down. I ordered the 8350 last week and paid for 2 day shipping. I know they got them Monday so I expected a tracking number by Tuesday. When I called they informed me it was being shipped directly from the factory and they already shipped it Fedex ground.

They said they will refund the extra shipping cost. Thanks, but I would rather they had not screwed up.

Yea, that sucks Mike,, sorry to hear that, and yes, shipping refund vs getting the PJ in 2 days,,,,,,, getting the PJ on time beats the hell out of a refund !!!!!

I just ordered mine from Visual Apex and paid for overnight shipping,,,, I forget what standard shipping was but the wait was 4 to 7 days as I recall, no way was I waiting that long,,,, 3 day shipping was around $66.00,,,, for an extra $22.00 "overnight",,,, I'll spend the extra 22 bucks to satisfie my "got to have it now" lifestyle.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #183 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A Visual Apex delivery up-date.

When I ordered my 8350 it was Tues the 5th (yesterday), late afternoon, I did overnight delivery but because it was so late in the day when I placed the order they said it would not go out until Wen the 6th as all of their deliverys had already gone out before I called so late in the day,,,set to ship Wen and I would have it Thursday the 7th,,,,,well, I just checked my email and got the tracking info,,, VA was able to send it out right after I called I guess, meaning I get the 8350 a day sooner than expected !!!!!

Whoo Hooo,,,, I am a happy camper and just had to post to publicly thank Visual Apex for their GREAT service and to let everyone else here know that Visual Apex ROCKS !!!!!!

This is not the first projector I have ordered from them over the years, and with every projector I have ever ordered from VA, they have been fantastic !!!!!!

And this time they really exceeded their past great performance by sending the 8350 out to me a day early on the late afternoon order I placed for overnight delivery,,,,, tracking says the 8350 is already halfway here, already shipped from WA, now in Northern CA,,,, next stop, my cave in Vegas before 3pm

My Visual Apex rep is Charlotte Goodman.

Visual Apex = Highly Recomended !!!!!
Getting a projector the day before the overnight delivery date = priceless !!!!

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #184 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 AM
 
buddahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

A Visual Apex delivery up-date.

When I ordered my 8350 it was Tues the 5th (yesterday), late afternoon, I did overnight delivery but because it was so late in the day when I placed the order they said it would not go out until Wen the 6th as all of their deliverys had already gone out before I called so late in the day,,,set to ship Wen and I would have it Thursday the 7th,,,,,well, I just checked my email and got the tracking info,,, VA was able to send it out right after I called I guess, meaning I get the 8350 a day sooner than expected !!!!!

Whoo Hooo,,,, I am a happy camper and just had to post to publicly thank Visual Apex for their GREAT service and to let everyone else here know that Visual Apex ROCKS !!!!!!

This is not the first projector I have ordered from them over the years, and with every projector I have ever ordered from VA, they have been fantastic !!!!!!

And this time they really exceeded their past great performance by sending the 8350 out to me a day early on the late afternoon order I placed for overnight delivery,,,,, tracking says the 8350 is already halfway here, already shipped from WA, now in Northern CA,,,, next stop, my cave in Vegas before 3pm

My Visual Apex rep is Charlotte Goodman.

Visual Apex = Highly Recomended !!!!!
Getting a projector the day before the overnight delivery date = priceless !!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Cool.Hope you love it.Please let us know your impressions.I trust your judgement.You and I have had the same fp's over the years.Like the panny 900 ax 100 ax200 and the epson 8100.I am considering the 8350 but with the 8500ub at below $1700 now might just get that.Not sure their will be much of a differenece in the 8100 and 8350 to make it worth while.But I know the 8500 will have kiiler blacks.Thanks and hope you get it today.THANKS BOB
buddahead is offline  
post #185 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
davyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 4,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Cool.Hope you love it.Please let us know your impressions.I trust your judgement.You and I have had the same fp's over the years.Like the panny 900 ax 100 ax200 and the epson 8100.I am considering the 8350 but with the 8500ub at below $1700 now might just get that.Not sure their will be much of a differenece in the 8100 and 8350 to make it worth while.But I know the 8500 will have kiiler blacks.Thanks and hope you get it today.THANKS BOB

Hey Bob,,,,, yes, we have had many of the same projectors

I will be interested to see if I notice a difference, big or small, from my recently returned 8100 (only had the 8100 for 14 days and returned it to BB when I found out the 8350 was coming out so soon/fast, and the price) so I really did not get a chance to log many hours onto the 8100 to really know it that well,, I think I used the 8100 less than 10 hours, I was too busy setting up the new theater room to spend more time with it.

I will make sure and give a full run thru tonight and just for fun post screen shots,,,,, Im very much looking forward to viewinig the 8350.

Cheers
Davyo
davyo is offline  
post #186 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Newbie
 
Mike2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Im hoping that the review on PJ Central lumens measurment was a typo or a mistake in the review process.

It would seem odd that the 8350 measured lower than the 8100.

I have owned (for a few days) the 8100 and also owned the AX200 and they were both very bright as we all know,,,, Im sure the 8350 (I get it Thursday) will be fine in real world use,, even if it does have lower lumens.

Perhaps we could email PJ Central to double check their measurments

Cheers
Davyo

If I recall, the PJ Central reviewer engaged both the iris and Epson Superwhite which would reduce total lumens projected. We need to wait for Art's methodical review to see if the 8350 puts out close to 2000 lumens.

Mike
Mike2001 is offline  
post #187 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Newbie
 
mattdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakaash View Post

I am looking at setting up hometheater in my basement (24'X19') on the 19' feet wall. Planning to have EPSON 8350 put at the back wall, about 23-24' from the screen, with a screen size of 120" to 135". Hoping this would work given the high lumens and high contrast ratio. Any thoughts if this will/will not work? I have two windows in this area but plan to use blackout screens but still expect some ambient light.

Can I ask why you are wanting a screen that size?? If you have any type of "row seating" your going to destroy the view of those sitting behind a row. I think you would be much better off with a 100" to 106" screen and on top of that..... have a better and brighter picture.
mattdavis is offline  
post #188 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jayn_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike734 View Post

Damn. Projector people let me down. I ordered the 8350 last week and paid for 2 day shipping. I know they got them Monday so I expected a tracking number by Tuesday. When I called they informed me it was being shipped directly from the factory and they already shipped it Fedex ground.

They said they will refund the extra shipping cost. Thanks, but I would rather they had not screwed up.

If you look back a couple of pages, somebody reported a truckload of projectors were stolen off the ProjectorPeople's dock. They went above and beyond the call of duty to get orders shipped as fast as possible by drop shipping. They could have waited for the replacement shipment and then sent that instead.

Understand your disappointment, but you may be blaming the wrong folks.
jayn_j is offline  
post #189 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Member
 
AVRoberts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevercatt110 View Post

My Epson 8350 comes in the mail tomorrow via Fedex from Visual Apex. I plan on going all out (somewhat) to set this home theater up. Let me know your thoughts.

Room Size: 15x12x8

The projector will be on the ceiling, 14ft away from screen, viewing is 12 feet away from screen. I would like to do 120", does that sound it's doable?

Along with the 8350 I plan on doing all in wall/ceiling speakers (minus the sub):
(4) Yamaha NS-IW660 6.5" 3-way In Wall Speakers (Front & Back L/R)
(2) Yamaha NS-IW480CWH 8" 3-way In Ceiling Speakers (MID L/R)
(1) Yamaha NS-IW960 6.5" 3-way In Wall Speaker (Dual-in-one for Center)
(1) Yamaha YST-SW315 10" Digital Pro Series Subwoofer
(1) Sony 665W 7.1 A/V Home Theater Receiver (mid-sized room, don't need my windows to shatter with more than 90+W per channel haha)
(1) Sony Blu Ray Player with Netflix/Ethernet Plug-in

Screen:???? I don't know what brand, if 120" is doable, too big for room, etc? Any ideas, any thoughts, anything to help me? I would like to buy the sound system, screen, and blu ray this weekend online.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I just purchased the 8350 and the VAPex 120" (16x9) screen from VisualApex. My family/theatre room is 20' L x 13' W. I have a loft above my theatre room, so it's a slanted ceiling and I have the projector mounted 10' above the floor. My first row seating is 13' from the screen, and I have a second row. For SuperBowl parties, I'm sure I'll have people standing back as far as 25' in our kitchen. I was going back and forth between a 120" and 133" screen. At 13', the 120" screen seems pretty big to me..at least for HDTV viewing (everyone is different). When I watch a 2.35:1 movie, the 120" screen seems just about right. If I was ONLY going to have one row of seating at 12' or 13', I probably wouldn't consider having anything bigger than 120" I selected. Of course you can always go bigger on your screen and scale it down with masking, but that's more work and expense. Hope this helps.
AVRoberts is offline  
post #190 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 AM
Member
 
cornchip75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothGS View Post

So you are both buying from a US dealer? Any concerns regarding warranty, my understanding is that is doesn't transfer over to Canada.

In the operation manual on page 74 under warranty, it states "if purchased new and operated in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico", so it should be transferable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azereus View Post

That is indeed a good price for us Canadians. My local dealer quoted me $1499 plus tax for the 8350 and doesn't seem to want to budge. I may have to look into these guys as well.

I am going to look into this as well. I made some phone calls yesterday and no one could give me pricing info!
cornchip75 is offline  
post #191 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
thespacecowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike734 View Post

Damn. Projector people let me down. I ordered the 8350 last week and paid for 2 day shipping. I know they got them Monday so I expected a tracking number by Tuesday. When I called they informed me it was being shipped directly from the factory and they already shipped it Fedex ground.

They said they will refund the extra shipping cost. Thanks, but I would rather they had not screwed up.

Same happened to me. But their stock got stolen, so i gotta give them a break. They drop shipped ground and should have been air, the guy said he requested air but Epsom shipped them all ground. Hoe refunded the air shipping without me asking. So I have no issues with pp

She arrives tomorrow people!
thespacecowboy is offline  
post #192 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
retroeric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
*Update on my order from Electronics-Expo, they told over the phone it is shipping out today.
retroeric is offline  
post #193 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Dogllama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike734 View Post

Damn. Projector people let me down. I ordered the 8350 last week and paid for 2 day shipping. I know they got them Monday so I expected a tracking number by Tuesday. When I called they informed me it was being shipped directly from the factory and they already shipped it Fedex ground.

+1

Also, FedEx has a garbled form of my address that I cannot change, Epson has to change. What a headache!
Dogllama is offline  
post #194 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Shag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered my 8350! Should be here on Friday - can't wait! Granted, my room's not quite finished, and I don't yet have a screen, but who cares?

-Shag
Shag is offline  
post #195 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Member
 
hayatiakbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Hey Bob,,,,, yes, we have had many of the same projectors

I will be interested to see if I notice a difference, big or small, from my recently returned 8100 (only had the 8100 for 14 days and returned it to BB when I found out the 8350 was coming out so soon/fast, and the price) so I really did not get a chance to log many hours onto the 8100 to really know it that well,, I think I used the 8100 less than 10 hours, I was too busy setting up the new theater room to spend more time with it.

I will make sure and give a full run thru tonight and just for fun post screen shots,,,,, Im very much looking forward to viewinig the 8350.

Cheers
Davyo

I have owned an 8100. sold it and 8350 is coming on monday. I would love your experience and comparison of the two buddy. like brightness, black levels. dynamic iris operation smoothness etc.
Enjoy your Projector
hayatiakbas is offline  
post #196 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Member
 
hayatiakbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead View Post

Cool.Hope you love it.Please let us know your impressions.I trust your judgement.You and I have had the same fp's over the years.Like the panny 900 ax 100 ax200 and the epson 8100.I am considering the 8350 but with the 8500ub at below $1700 now might just get that.Not sure their will be much of a differenece in the 8100 and 8350 to make it worth while.But I know the 8500 will have kiiler blacks.Thanks and hope you get it today.THANKS BOB

you are right about 8500. it will have much better blacks. but I am thinking hopefully Epson updated the issues and quirks with the newly released 8350 and 8700 so even though 8350 will have less black levels it will be superior in the quality sense until I buy a 3D projector next year when it is with in my budget.
Projector people selling 8500 for $1599. instead I went with 8350 for $1199 and bought a 3D capable a best sounding Receiver of the middle range Denon AVR-1911 for $400. bought me a PS3 slim 160gb from amazon just today. so come next year only thing will need to be updated to 3D will be Projector.
I was happy with 8100 to begin with. since I have never seen an 8500 in action I don't know what I am missing and its a good thing
hayatiakbas is offline  
post #197 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Member
 
hayatiakbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2001 View Post

If I recall, the PJ Central reviewer engaged both the iris and Epson Superwhite which would reduce total lumens projected. We need to wait for Art's methodical review to see if the 8350 puts out close to 2000 lumens.

Epson Super White might be able to take some light output away and the iris also. but in the review they mentioned they did those adjustments for cinema modes. for dynamic modes they didn't engage them. although I am waiting Arts take on the subject. I like his more personal and less generic: original writing style.
hayatiakbas is offline  
post #198 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Member
 
hayatiakbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdavis View Post

Can I ask why you are wanting a screen that size?? If you have any type of "row seating" your going to destroy the view of those sitting behind a row. I think you would be much better off with a 100" to 106" screen and on top of that..... have a better and brighter picture.

oh dude I first used 106". a year later the bug in me said 120" and a year after that I am settled on 135" with 8100 . now it will be 8350. so even though light output suffers little bit its a great feeling to look at that size.
hayatiakbas is offline  
post #199 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Newbie
 
ay129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London, Ingerlund
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatiakbas View Post


Projector people selling 8500 for $1599

Really? Just been on there and its $1799. Or do you mean somewhere else?

Anyone expect the price of the 8500 to come down any further?
ay129 is offline  
post #200 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Member
 
seraphus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

Hey Bob,,,,, yes, we have had many of the same projectors

I will be interested to see if I notice a difference, big or small, from my recently returned 8100 (only had the 8100 for 14 days and returned it to BB when I found out the 8350 was coming out so soon/fast, and the price) so I really did not get a chance to log many hours onto the 8100 to really know it that well,, I think I used the 8100 less than 10 hours, I was too busy setting up the new theater room to spend more time with it.

I will make sure and give a full run thru tonight and just for fun post screen shots,,,,, Im very much looking forward to viewinig the 8350.

Cheers
Davyo

Any chance you'll be able to do an input lag test? Providing you have a computer with a CRT monitor. Or at least any computer/laptop with any monitor just to give a general idea.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1068844
seraphus is offline  
post #201 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Member
 
cdelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I dropped PP a note about my delivery because I ordered and paid over 10 days ago and have not heard anything.

They arranged drop shipping directly from Epson inventory but apparently that process does not automatically notify the customer. It appears my order was scheduled with Fedex on 10/1, left Epson on 10/4, and should be to me 10/8. It is a ground shipment requiring a signature.

I will be happy to have mine before this weekend and am OK with the PP service.
cdelena is offline  
post #202 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Newbie
 
mattdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatiakbas View Post

oh dude I first used 106". a year later the bug in me said 120" and a year after that I am settled on 135" with 8100 . now it will be 8350. so even though light output suffers little bit its a great feeling to look at that size.

That would make me sick being that big.....I would get motion sickness! HA!!!!!
mattdavis is offline  
post #203 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Newbie
 
mattdavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay129 View Post

Really? Just been on there and its $1799. Or do you mean somewhere else?

Anyone expect the price of the 8500 to come down any further?

Think he made a mistake....i'm not seing a new boxed 8500UB out there for less then $1,799.
mattdavis is offline  
post #204 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
 
dysfunction26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 2,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdavis View Post

Think he made a mistake....i'm not seing a new boxed 8500UB out there for less then $1,799.

You might have to call to get that discount.
dysfunction26 is offline  
post #205 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Member
 
SilverJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

JS here from Moose Jaw, SK. I am also one of the Canadians anxiously awaiting this projector. I made a few calls today and gathered this info, thought you'd like to hear it :

1. Both Quebec Acoustique and EastPorters confirmed the CDN price will be 1499$;
2. Quebec Acoustique's Epson rep told him Epson Canada would receive their first shipment of the projectors on Friday 15 Oct; that means that the earliest the stores would have them would be the following Monday (the 18th), if Epson Canada is really switched on.

That's what I've got. EastPorters wasn't clear on whether or not a US-bought projector's warranty would be valid in Canada, and Quebec Acoustique was adamant that it would not.

Anybody have further info on this? ProjectorPoint.com will sell the PJ for 1299$ + 50$ shipping. Even with brokerage, that's still a bit less than I'd pay for it from a Canadian retailer, but most of all, I'd have it at least a week early.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

JS
SilverJS is offline  
post #206 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Member
 
hayatiakbas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: los angeles
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay129 View Post

Really? Just been on there and its $1799. Or do you mean somewhere else?

Anyone expect the price of the 8500 to come down any further?

they had some demo units with less than 4 hours on the bulb with brand new condition so its no more i guess. I think you should call and talk to someone there. Dana Moretz is the rep i talked to and she sounds honest. last year I alled her and said I own a 8100. should i uprade to panasoni 4000. she said "keep it hun, it is a great projector.buy the new ones coming in october"

the price will sure come down on back friday at least.
hayatiakbas is offline  
post #207 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Member
 
lin000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatiakbas View Post

they had some demo units with less than 4 hours on the bulb with brand new condition so its no more i guess. I think you should call and talk to someone there. Dana Moretz is the rep i talked to and she sounds honest. last year I alled her and said I own a 8100. should i uprade to panasoni 4000. she said "keep it hun, it is a great projector.buy the new ones coming in october"

the price will sure come down on back friday at least.

Donna is also my rep. I trust her.
lin000 is offline  
post #208 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,148
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Finally, we got our in

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #209 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Member
 
cornchip75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJS View Post

Hey guys,

JS here from Moose Jaw, SK. I am also one of the Canadians anxiously awaiting this projector. I made a few calls today and gathered this info, thought you'd like to hear it :

1. Both Quebec Acoustique and EastPorters confirmed the CDN price will be 1499$;
2. Quebec Acoustique's Epson rep told him Epson Canada would receive their first shipment of the projectors on Friday 15 Oct; that means that the earliest the stores would have them would be the following Monday (the 18th), if Epson Canada is really switched on.

That's what I've got. EastPorters wasn't clear on whether or not a US-bought projector's warranty would be valid in Canada, and Quebec Acoustique was adamant that it would not.

Anybody have further info on this? ProjectorPoint.com will sell the PJ for 1299$ + 50$ shipping. Even with brokerage, that's still a bit less than I'd pay for it from a Canadian retailer, but most of all, I'd have it at least a week early.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

JS

Hey fellow canucks,

I placed an order at projectorpoint this morning and it cost basicly what you said. Converted its $1400 CAD. My understanding is that there is no duty on projectors coming from the US, but GST does apply. The other thing about ordering from them was that I had to pay via PayPal, they don't accept credit cards from Canadian banks. When I called, they told me that their none were in stock but should be in a week. That's about the same time as quoted above.

On the warranty, I go back to my previous post and what Epson has written in their manual!
cornchip75 is offline  
post #210 of 8769 Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Member
 
Mazda74Speed3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered my 8350 today, should be here in the morning. I viewed both the 8100 and 8350 side by side both ISF'd in a controlled lighted room yesterday and was very pleased with the outcome from the 8350.
Mazda74Speed3 is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off