Online Retailer That Lets You Return Projectors? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw a review on Amazon that stated his online retailer allows for projector returns if less than 4 hours on the lamp if you don't like the picture. Is anyone aware of an online retailer that allows this? I am torn between the Panny 4000 and Epson 8500 and would like to see both side by side in my ht to determine what serves my conditions the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-02-2010, 02:44 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason bourne 1 View Post

I saw a review on Amazon that stated his online retailer allows for projector returns if less than 4 hours on the lamp if you don't like the picture. Is anyone aware of an online retailer that allows this? I am torn between the Panny 4000 and Epson 8500 and would like to see both side by side in my ht to determine what serves my conditions the best.

The larger retailers allow you to return it but the lamp policy is common among the majority of them.

XBL: Stunt1on1
post #3 of 11 Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Buy them both, test them out and return the one you dont want. Just dont go over 4 hours on the unit, then you have a 15% restocking fee.
post #4 of 11 Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 PM

Amazon sells some models themselves, not through other retailers, and they have no limitations on returning projectors within 30 days.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hrs on 8100 doesnt show up on the unit until past the 10th hour.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
If you get your projector from Amazon themselves, then you have 30 days, doesn't matter how many hours you put on the bulb.

Multi-Projector Edge-Blending & Geometry correction for games and simulations.
http://www.youtube.com/VanFS3K
post #7 of 11 Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all. Anyone know if Visual Apex allows this (I should just call and ask but its Sunday)? They have some really low prices.

EDIT: I looked at their website and there appears to be a 15% restocking fee if you return the unit. Probably rules them out. Amazon has a great price on the 8500, however, the 4000 is over $200 higher than visual apex.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 AM
PLB

If Amazon takes back projectors that have been used for a month, what do they do with them? They don't have a section of their own for refurbished projectors. They could resell them to the manufacturer or to a site like Tiger Direct. Or they could sell them again as new. Is that legal?

I bought my current projector through Amazon. I'd like to know. If they are reselling them to another company their costs should be higher but they seem to have low prices.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLB View Post

If Amazon takes back projectors that have been used for a month, what do they do with them? They don't have a section of their own for refurbished projectors. They could resell them to the manufacturer or to a site like Tiger Direct. Or they could sell them again as new. Is that legal?

I bought my current projector through Amazon. I'd like to know. If they are reselling them to another company their costs should be higher but they seem to have low prices.

Amazon has a wearhouse clearness section. Thats where all there open boxed items/returns end up. Those are sold a discount over a new one. They dont sent out returns that have been opened before.

Then again it also depends if you actually purchased it from amazon. Alot of people don't realize that if you purchase from amazon doesn't mean its directly from them, but instead a 3rd partner who posts on there. Items purchased directly from amazon end up at there wearhouse section. Other companies that sell within amazon have different return policies. I dont know how they handle returns since there are tons of different companies selling on there as well as amazon.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:

EDIT: I looked at their website and there appears to be a 15% restocking fee if you return the unit. Probably rules them out. Amazon has a great price on the 8500, however, the 4000 is over $200 higher than visual apex.

Selling at a higher price allows the vendor financial leeway to offer a more aggressive return policy under their restrictions. They now have an open box they have to sell discounted so the additional profit made on the first sale financially pads them for that second discount. Selling heavenly discounted up front leaves no margin to sell a returned open box which would then be sold at a loss.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat82284 View Post

Amazon has a wearhouse clearness section. Thats where all there open boxed items/returns end up. Those are sold a discount over a new one. They dont sent out returns that have been opened before.

Then again it also depends if you actually purchased it from amazon. Alot of people don't realize that if you purchase from amazon doesn't mean its directly from them, but instead a 3rd partner who posts on there. Items purchased directly from amazon end up at there wearhouse section. Other companies that sell within amazon have different return policies. I dont know how they handle returns since there are tons of different companies selling on there as well as amazon.

And Amazon will pay for return shipping

Multi-Projector Edge-Blending & Geometry correction for games and simulations.
http://www.youtube.com/VanFS3K
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP