Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid64 View Post

OMG! how do you compare one projector to another if you haven´t seen one of them!!! LOL, it´s so funny that your opinion about the LG being better than the qumi q2 is based on a youtube crappy video lol, and worst of all is that you haven´t seen the qumi q2 in person! but for the record, I HAVE seen both projectors in the same room playing the same material and there´s no contest, the qumi q2 with all it´s problems is better.

I see your point, but in that "crappy" youtube video, they both looked like crap, but the qumi look crappier, is that better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgedak View Post

@eatmeat ---you yourself mentioned in a different topic "Qumi Q2 Vs Optoma ML500 at 105" - regarding the YOUTUBE video - "yea the pj on the bottom(qumi) looks less washed out(better),more shadow detail,and the aspect ratio(stretch) on the lg-why dont they redo this vid the lg looks bad."
Which means your were ok with the shootout when it favors qumi . But now you are saying "SHOOTOUT?" which is hypocritical ..

haha, I think eatmeat means well, and Im no fan of LG electronics either, but what's fair is fair. watch the video and see for yourself, I almost bought the qumi but I wanted something with an HD tuner, and the LG 300T is the only one that has that.
post #543 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgedak View Post

@eatmeat ---you yourself mentioned in a different topic "Qumi Q2 Vs Optoma ML500 at 105" - regarding the YOUTUBE video - "yea the pj on the bottom(qumi) looks less washed out(better),more shadow detail,and the aspect ratio(stretch) on the lg-why dont they redo this vid the lg looks bad."
Which means your were ok with the shootout when it favors qumi . But now you are saying "SHOOTOUT?" which is hypocritical ..

is that what it means? no-it was a comment on aspect ratio not quality.plain enough to see the ratio is bad.

Contrast (Full On/Off) : 1000:1
http://www.projectorcentral.com/LG-HW300T.htm

Contrast (Full On/Off) : 2500:1
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Vivitek-Qumi_Q2.htm

(fifth element)
post #544 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Twin XD engines reproduce more details & vivid color.

stacking 2 light eng?could it make contrast poor?

(fifth element)
post #545 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat View Post

stacking 2 light eng?could it make contrast poor?

this comment is from the reviewer who did the test:

Uploader Comments ( BeamerDiscount )

LG is on the top - yes the LG has a better quality.

BeamerDiscount 8 months ago

the review is in German so I don't know what he's saying but that was his comment in english
post #546 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortes View Post

Hey batuhanu,

The man from Lg cs says that he doesn't know. He will ask the question to a technician...

Thanks! Waiting for good news.
post #547 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 01:08 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

is that what it means? no-it was a comment on aspect ratio not quality.plain enough to see the ratio is bad.

So what if LG is being more honest than Vivetek? What are the actual end user measurements.

They use the exact same DLP chip, they will probably be almost identical in contrast (real world). And they are probably both around 1K to 1.
post #548 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Type:
0.6" DLP
omost of the picos are using a .5 1140x912 pico chip

Quote:

So what if LG is being more honest than Vivetek? What are the actual end user measurements.

They use the exact same DLP chip, they will probably be almost identical in contrast (real world). And they are probably both around 1K to 1.

the chip really has little to do with it,its just a field of tilting mirrors.

Quote:

And they are probably both around 1K to 1

no,it dosnt work that way...

(fifth element)
post #549 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
do you guys know if a battery can fit inside the unit. I thought someone somewhere said you can get battery for it, but it only lasts about 45 mins per charge. Where do you put the battery and can you link to battery.
post #550 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

quick search
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Projector...-/170564076195

(fifth element)
post #551 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, in projectorcentral says 1000:1 however on an LG site says 2500:1
http://www.lgprojector.com:6020/cont...oductid=HW300T
post #552 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:

quick search
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Projector...-/170564076195

Crap! 281 dollars for just the battery. Am I reading that right? I was hoping for a 20 dollar battery, if you know what I mean. But something close to 300 dollars, that can't be for real, can it?
Oh, thanks eat meat , for doing the leg work for me and providing link. Nobody here is gonna get it at 300 dollars, right?
If I was gonna go the route of external battery, there are cheaper solutions, super heavy battery backup. I have one but it weighs a lot but would give power for 4 hours.
post #553 of 695 Old 05-20-2012, 07:41 PM

dang, ebay seller already selling this projector for $600 and probably get it since they are out of stock from fry's website. my local store has plenty of them in stock, anyone want one?
post #554 of 695 Old 05-21-2012, 03:54 PM

how much is it after taxes garibay_2004? Do they ship from the store?
post #555 of 695 Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegetter View Post

how much is it after taxes garibay_2004? Do they ship from the store?

433 something, I don't think they ship from store, but I haven't asked
post #556 of 695 Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibay_2004 View Post

I see your point, but in that "crappy" youtube video, they both looked like crap, but the qumi look crappier, is that better?

Nop it's still a youtube and saying that one product is better based on a "crappy" video it´s just pointless, I can make an epson 5010 look like garbish and compare it to a 500 dollars projector and make the cheapest look better and uploading to youtube and say that this si better than the other, but that doesn´t mean I'm correct does it?, the point is that you should check first hand both projectors running at the same time as I have and decide if qumi is better than lg or viceversa.
post #557 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid64 View Post

Nop it's still a youtube and saying that one product is better based on a "crappy" video it´s just pointless, I can make an epson 5010 look like garbish and compare it to a 500 dollars projector and make the cheapest look better and uploading to youtube and say that this si better than the other, but that doesn´t mean I'm correct does it?, the point is that you should check first hand both projectors running at the same time as I have and decide if qumi is better than lg or viceversa.

why you keep repeating yourself? forst it was a great 720p video, from a professional reviewer who happens to share my opinion regarding the LG being superior to the qumi. I don't think the reviewer had an agenda and neither do I for that matter, he was expressing his professional opinion after doing a side by side test of both units, I happen to agree. BeamerDiscount reviews and compares projectors for a living, all brands, so it's important to them not to have a bias and offer their honest evaluation based on facts.
post #558 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I am confused about where this projector can be located in a room. My basement room is 13 foot from front wall to back wall, with a 7 foot floor to ceiling height. Any idea where I would need to locate this projector to achieve a 95 inch or so screen size? Can this projector be located on the ceiling (assuming it can flip the upside down image)? Or will the keystone correction destroy the image quality with ceiling mount?

Basically, with kids and multi-use of my basement room, I can't just leave the projector sitting on a table in the middle of the room, and relocating it every time the family wants to use it, is not an option. So - has anyone found a way to mount this projector in an out-of-the-way location where people are not walking in front of it or knocking into it/tripping on cords (preferably the ceiling)? Anyone with kids and family knows what I mean about leaving a projector and cords sitting in the middle of a room - recipe for disaster, lol. Thanks for any advice.
post #559 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:

why you keep repeating yourself? forst it was a great 720p video, from a professional reviewer who happens to share my opinion regarding the LG being superior to the qumi. I don't think the reviewer had an agenda and neither do I for that matter, he was expressing his professional opinion after doing a side by side test of both units, I happen to agree. BeamerDiscount reviews and compares projectors for a living, all brands, so it's important to them not to have a bias and offer their honest evaluation based on facts.

I also agree that at least an opinion can be drawn from the video. Anything is possible, but it would be very strange that BeamerDiscount would try to make the qumi intentionally look bad by applying bad settings, they sell both pjs. I wish I could, but for most of us it is impossible to have both pjs at the same time, I also used the video to take a decision when selecting my pj.
In addition, don't forget that in post #275 the results of an evaluation by a German magazine were shown also favoring the LG.

Post #275:

a noted German PC magazine published a review of the ACER K330, LG HW300Y, Optoma ML500, Viewsonic PLED-W500 and Vivitek Qumi by comparing them. Only the NEC and DELL M110 are missing. Unfortunately the review isn't really detailed. I don't know what I'm allowed to report due to copyrights, but I hope that it's no problem to tell you these conclusions:

+best contrast(ANSI) in order: LG - Viewsonic - Qumi - Acer - Optoma
+best max. contrast in order: LG - Qumi - Acer - Optoma - Viewsonic
+brightness (normal mode, brightest color setting) in order: Viewsonic - Optoma - Acer - LG - Qumi
+brightness (eco mode, brightest color setting) in order: same as above
+brightness (normal mode, movie color setting) in order: Optoma - Acer - Viewsonic - LG - Qumi
+brightness (eco mode, movie color setting) in order: same as above
+best subjective image quality: LG
+best fan noise (brightest mode) in order: Qumi - Viewsonic - Optoma - Acer - LG
+best fan noise (darkest mode) in order: Qumi - LG - Viewsonic - Optoma - Acer
+best black level (min., ANSI lumens) in order: Qumi - LG - same value for Acer, Optoma and Viewsonic
+best black level (max., ANSI lumens) in order: Qumi - LG - same value for Acer and Optoma - Viewsonic
post #560 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio22 View Post

I am confused about where this projector can be located in a room. My basement room is 13 foot from front wall to back wall, with a 7 foot floor to ceiling height. Any idea where I would need to locate this projector to achieve a 95 inch or so screen size? Can this projector be located on the ceiling (assuming it can flip the upside down image)? Or will the keystone correction destroy the image quality with ceiling mount?

Basically, with kids and multi-use of my basement room, I can't just leave the projector sitting on a table in the middle of the room, and relocating it every time the family wants to use it, is not an option. So - has anyone found a way to mount this projector in an out-of-the-way location where people are not walking in front of it or knocking into it/tripping on cords (preferably the ceiling)? Anyone with kids and family knows what I mean about leaving a projector and cords sitting in the middle of a room - recipe for disaster, lol. Thanks for any advice.

According to the manual, Menu -> Screen -> PJT mode offers Ceiling & Rear options.

On an unrelated note, I was disappointed to discover that LG Remote Apps for Android and Apple products didn't work for the HW300T. Also that the Netcast options are locked down - you can't add widgets for Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, ...
post #561 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthal View Post

According to the manual, Menu -> Screen -> PJT mode offers Ceiling & Rear options.

On an unrelated note, I was disappointed to discover that LG Remote Apps for Android and Apple products didn't work for the HW300T. Also that the Netcast options are locked down - you can't add widgets for Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, ...

Hi,

I do not see Netflix or any other video service on projectors Netcast menu. All I see is there are 6 icons: vudu, Facebook, weather, tweeter etc.

No Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. Could anybody suggest me how to get these services on projector, also other then the serial number how do I know what is the firmware installed on this pj. By the way I have also bought this hw300t from Frys and its serial number start with "2".

Thanks!
post #562 of 695 Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arckal View Post

Hi,

I do not see Netflix or any other video service on projectors Netcast menu. All I see is there are 6 icons: vudu, Facebook, weather, tweeter etc.

No Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. Could anybody suggest me how to get these services on projector, also other then the serial number how do I know what is the firmware installed on this pj. By the way I have also bought this hw300t from Frys and its serial number start with "2".

Thanks!

The current firmware version is under menu -> customer support -> software update; details on how to access it on page 71 of the manual.

My guess on additional services is that you have to access 'em through a hardwired host device (I'm using my Thrive tablet w/HDMI). Might be possible to push the streaming content (?DLNA DMR), but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.
post #563 of 695 Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 AM

Guys, don`t we have anyone who has HW300Y ? If someone knows a person who has it, would you please ask him/her to answer if this stretching problem is fixed or not at HW300Y ?

LG customer service is a joke, now they claim there isn`t even an update for HW300G..
post #564 of 695 Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthal View Post

The current firmware version is under menu -> customer support -> software update; details on how to access it on page 71 of the manual.

My guess on additional services is that you have to access 'em through a hardwired host device (I'm using my Thrive tablet w/HDMI). Might be possible to push the streaming content (?DLNA DMR), but I haven't a clue as to how to do it.

Thanks for the ifnormation!
DLNA, I have not tried it yet, but sure I'll try it soon. I think Nero MediaHome 4 (comes with shipped DVD) could be installed on any PC and then media files could be added to it's sharing library which will be displayed in "My Media" on Projector.

I'll update once I'll have experience with it!
post #565 of 695 Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batuhanu View Post

Guys, don`t we have anyone who has HW300Y ? If someone knows a person who has it, would you please ask him/her to answer if this stretching problem is fixed or not at HW300Y ?

LG customer service is a joke, now they claim there isn`t even an update for HW300G..

Lg customer service is the absolute worst you are right, I know someone who has the hw300y and no fix for the stretching issue yet. Wonder if there's a way to extract the software from an updated projector and copy it onto a USB drive and post it online? Anyone?
post #566 of 695 Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:

Lg customer service is the absolute worst you are right, I know someone who has the hw300y and no fix for the stretching issue yet. Wonder if there's a way to extract the software from an updated projector and copy it onto a USB drive and post it online? Anyone?

Thanks for the reply and clearing the problem.. So what you are saying is the new HW300Ys don`t have this issue ? and they come with factory updated firmware ?

Or you mean to extract firmware from hw300g and apply it hw300Y ?

I`m basically giving up on this product.. I think it would be wise to wait for HW600g
post #567 of 695 Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batuhanu View Post

Thanks for the reply and clearing the problem.. So what you are saying is the new HW300Ys don`t have this issue ? and they come with factory updated firmware ?

Or you mean to extract firmware from hw300g and apply it hw300Y ?

I`m basically giving up on this product.. I think it would be wise to wait for HW600g

No, im talking about the hw300t updated firmware that might work on the hw300y model, since the t model is closer to the y model, just a thought though. It took LG 6 months to update the hw300t and g firmware, so if you havent bought one yet, id wait
post #568 of 695 Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 AM

does hw300T support wireless connection via dongle ?_

I want to make sure the difference between HW300G and HW300Y.. HW300G do not support wireless connection via dongle right? HW300Y is the one that I can use with dongle ?

Thanks!
post #569 of 695 Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

I was just looking at the HW300T Service : EZ Adjust Menu, & was wondering if any of the options listed are of use to the average schmoe (ex: me). Took a photo, don't know how to insert it. Quick text replication:

EZ ADJUST
0. PCM EDID D/L
1. AC3 EDID D/L
2. ADC Calibration
3. DDP AUTO CCA(PC)
4. DDP AUTO CCA
5. DDP MANUAL CCA
6. DDP OPTIC CHECK
8. DDP DMD CHECK
8. DDP TEST PATERN
9. MAC ADDRESS D/L
10. COUNTRY GROUP
post #570 of 695 Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM

I'm a little new to projectors, but can someone who knows this unit help out real quick. I'm able to purchase it new for $399 if I buy before 12am

What exactly happens with this unit when I play 1080p blu-ray? Does this thing display it just like my 1080p LED TV? Is this price fair?

Thanks
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page