LG HW300T LED 1280x800 - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well don't these guys do sell pjs as well? Could they be a bit bias? I mean, maybe they have a truck load of the LGs in stock and they wanna get rid of them quick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 PM

The HW300Y lists NTSC/PAL/NTSC4.43/PAL-M/PAL-N/PAL-60
The HW300T lists NTSC-M, ATSC, 64 & 256 QAM
Note: The previous aspect ratio page I posted is the same for both models

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntsc

So if they list PAL-N as supported and it's a 50Hz format, why can the HW300Y only do 60Hz.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graafish View Post

Indeed, see how our planet earth looks like a egg at 5.00
How can they not see this? I even left a comment with their earlier video comparisons but they removed it... they must know about the problem.

I see others had more luck then me and got a reply from LG. So they say it's for computer use? that also explains the 60hz only output of this PJ. My problem was not only the wrong aspect ratio but also the 60hz fixed refresh rate. Video motion is horrible on this thing, especially PAL material.

They future is not looking bright for this PJ, i'm going to send it back and demand my money back.

it's a real shame hope you get your money back without too much hassle
Old 10-15-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DNewb View Post

So if they list PAL-N as supported and it's a 50Hz format, why can the HW300Y only do 60Hz.

I think they are talking about the input and not the output.
You can feed this PJ a 50Hz signal but then gets converted to 60Hz.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:15 AM

Liked: 11
Hi

im getting confused..someone enlighten me! So the stretching effect is on the LG HW300Y and not the LG HW300t ? or do both of them suffer from stretching ? is it a case whatever input source is the output will result in 60hz + ratio and stretching ? apologies if you guys answered this already , just getting confused over 2 models now, if the basic LG HW300T(G) doesnt have ration/stretching problem i would be interested , not bothered about the WIFI model version.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalfury View Post

Hi

im getting confused..someone enlighten me! So the stretching effect is on the LG HW300Y and not the LG HW300t ? or do both of them suffer from stretching ? is it a case whatever input source is the output will result in 60hz + ratio and stretching ? apologies if you guys answered this already , just getting confused over 2 models now, if the basic LG HW300T(G) doesnt have ration/stretching problem i would be interested , not bothered about the WIFI model version.

300T has not shipped yet. This US model I believe.

Jack
Old 10-15-2011, 12:24 PM

What do you think about Luxcine Esp300X1? It is stated as HD ready LED LCD projector having about 200 ANSI-lumens.

Howver, I'm not sure if it is able to play the usual HDMI protected Blue Rays. Here are 2 videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPRtmKOIK_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tPG2r8XcjQ

If this works, it may be a transitional solution (e.g. for a 70" screen) until LG, Acer, Optoma... will produce a real LED HT projector.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:20 PM

It's hard enough at times, to get warranty service from the mainstream vendors. Let alone the Alibaba.com trash you are suggesting. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/24...Projector.html

Sorry, but I've seen way too many scam products from China. Lol@the fake Apples stores they keep setting up http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14503724
Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Hi

i dont know if this Luxcine esp 300x1 is trash , the videos on you tube seem legit and the owners are europeans, guess they imported it from china, theres a company called beamermaxx on ebay selling it , will contact for more info. Granted its not flashy or compact like LG , but it seems to function well and has the right features for basic use and it seems to be a good stepping stone until they fix the problems of the LG.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:42 PM

http://www.***************.com/forum...hich=14251&p=2
Quote:

"You mean the cruddy, deceptive company that we continually are warning people about is being deceptive and cruddy?

This is really a shocker.

To you, I do wish good luck.

To everyone else remember this: RESEARCH FIRST - BUY SECOND!"
____________________________________________________________ ___
Search Luxcine, the results? page after page after page of product scam spam.
Marketing at it's best. Am I wrong? How come you do not get these kind of search results returned on any legit manufacturer.
____________________________________________________________ ___
As always "Buyer Beware" less you "Buy & Cry"
Old 10-15-2011, 05:31 PM

hi 3Dnewb

warning heeded why o' why cant LG and Big Companies just create a projector without such flaws? just give what customers want and need and stop telling us to accept what they think we need.

sigh..just once more the waiting game..

Danna how are you coping with this projector ? havent heard from you in ages.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:42 AM

Hey! Don't pick on China! Where else can you buy a 1080p* ultra-bright LED projector for $300??

* Actual resolution 640x480.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:

warning heeded

Me too (and I would prefer to buy LG HW300 or Acer K330 if they are usable for HT), but if I may ask - does everybody think that the ebay buyer feedbacks on HD LED Beamer Luxcine Esp300X1 720p HDMI Hd-Ready are a fake also?
And, I have to admit, the description of their visit to the German CeBIT 2011 seems to be quite authentic for a first time contact to the European market.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 AM

Hi

just like Spuernase , im wondering about the Feeback and sales on Ebay , could all that be faked ? will investigate further. Anyhow what do you guys think of the VIEWSONIC i mentioned earlier ?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1344151

heres a thread link, any thoughts on it ?
Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Scam spam, scam spam, scam spam, scam spam nuff said.
Ever hear, you get what you pay for?
If they were not junk, wouldn't you find more reviews from users and especially professional sites such as AV Science?

Go start a post on it.
Better yet, buy one!!
BTW be sure to let us know the warranty service you receive.
But whatever you do, do not look to anyone for a hanky or shoulder to cry on.

This imo would be a better choice with a better warranty, it does the same thing, projects video http://www.amazon.com/Eyeclops-04959...8799949&sr=8-1
Old 10-17-2011, 10:28 AM

hey 3Dnewb

thanks for all the passionate feedback. Any thoughts on the Viewsonic PLED W500 ? what do you make of that and its specs , looks like a good alternative to the LG , any one have any thoughts on it ?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 AM

I have found a French review about LG HW300G. Once again, the stretching issue is not mentioned. I can't tell if the measured 39,9 dB in a distance of 50 cm keeps within limits.

Member 1stTimeBeamerUser of a German forum complains about Luxcine Esp300:
Quote:

Den Luxcine kann man vergessen! 1024x768 nativ - statt beworbenen 1280x720.
Die 200 ANSI-Lumen beim Luxcine waren durchaus ausreichend für einen etwas dunkleren Raum bei Tageslicht, aber die Farben sind unglaublich schwach und der Kontrast ebenso.

One can forget the Luxcine! 1024 x 768 native - instead of advertised 1280 x 720.
The 200 ANSI lumen of the Luxcine were definitely sufficient for an a somewhat darker room at daylight but the colors are unbelievably weak as well is the contrast.

At least, he has returned the dvice successfully and uses Acer K11 now.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Hey spuernase

Thanks for info on the luxcine , 3dnewb was right ,his spidersense was tingling off the charts when Luxcine was mentioned . I really dont understand why reviews or your tube reviewers dont see or mention the stretching , its so blatantly obvious,yet never questioned. Well im off this LG projector for the time being until the release updated model. Will check out more about the Viewsonic projector
Old 10-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Hey all,

Here's something i posted in the Acer K330 thread, i'm not sure if we are allowed to post the same info in multiple threads but because it's for both projectors i'll give it a try

Got the Acer K330 yesterday to do a comparison with the LG-HW300Y.
I was thinking about sending the HW300 back because of the HDMI aspect ratio bug and converting all video to 60Hz output. So i ordered K330 as a replacement and waited sending back the HW300 so i could do some comparisons.. i'm glad i did!

Personaly i think the K330 is no match for the HW300, maybe it's fine if you're not knowing better because of having no reference material, but for me the LG-HW300 is the clear winner... if of course they fix that awful HDMI aspect ratio bug
The K330 is also not able to play video at 24Hz, it won't even accept a 24Hz input, it just says no video signal. So what that "True24P" in the specifications means, i have no clue. The HW300 accepts 24Hz but simply converts it to 60Hz.

So okay the HW300 is less bright, but i watch video in a light controlled room so the Eco mode on the HW300 is already bright enough for me.

My comparison for the Acer K330 and the LG-HW300G/Y:
(+ is in favour for the LG-HW300, - is in favour for the Acer K330)

LG-HW300G/Y
+ Sharper/more detailed video.
+ Colours are much better, to me more natural. On the K330 Red, Green and Blue are very prominent, all the colours in between are a bit meh. Also there's detail missing in the white on the K330.
+ Better throw ratio.
+ Nicer menu.
+ Loads of picture adjustment settings.
+ Real Remote control.. not those stupid credit card size ones.
+ IR sensor is very strong, you can point the remote almost anywere and the PJ still picks up de command.
+ Good internal media player, plays almost any video you throw at it (when a MKV contains a DTS audio track it only plays the video though).
+ Smaller in size

- 16/9 aspect ratio bug, all video from HDMI is streched to fit 16/10.. from USB/Wifi the video is fine though.
- Less bright, highest brightness setting on the HW300 is compareable with the Eco mode on the K330.

I now really hope LG is working on a firmware update to fix the aspect ratio, because i'm starting to fall in love with the HW300.. again
Old 10-22-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:

of course they fix that awful HDMI aspect ratio bug

many thanks for the comparison. Can you also tell something about noise und about playing @50 Hz?
Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 AM

hi Graafish

thanks for the info , i was looking into the acer , but methinks its a no for now. I posted info on a viewsonic projecotor , still havent found any reviews or you tube vidoes of it in usage. The viewsonic might be a better option , just waiting for more info on it.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuernase View Post

many thanks for the comparison. Can you also tell something about noise und about playing @50 Hz?

The HW300 has 3 brightness modes: Economic, Normal, Presentation. And the K330 has 2 brightness modes: Eco and Normal.
I think the noise from the Eco and normal modes on both are about the same.. they sound a bit different but the loudness is about the same.

PAL (50Hz) videos play correctly on the K330... but have a strobing/pulsing effect, very distracting.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 PM

hi

graafish do you beleive that LG will actually bother to fix this 16:10 ratio problem with a firmware upgrade ? i really dont think they are bothered , its such a noticable flaw, they would have acknowldege it by now and meade some sort of public notice about in fixing it. I truly belive they wont bother with any firmware fix and just hope that people who buy the projector and not complain about it , in other words they just just shut the **** up and live with what they have got, expect nothing more from them.

im acutally at a loss what to do , i need projecotr and nothing seems worthwhile now.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:

PAL (50Hz) videos play correctly on the K330... but have a strobing/pulsing effect, very distracting.

And this pulsing effect comes just with PAL 50Hz (or even 720p@50Hz via HDMI)?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:

hi graafish do you beleive that LG will actually bother to fix this 16:10 ratio problem with a firmware upgrade ? i really dont think they are bothered , its such a noticable flaw, they would have acknowldege it by now and meade some sort of public notice about in fixing it. I truly belive they wont bother with any firmware fix and just hope that people who buy the projector and not complain about it , in other words they just just shut the **** up and live with what they have got, expect nothing more from them.

im acutally at a loss what to do , i need projecotr and nothing seems worthwhile now.

I really hope they do, and there's already a software update option to check and update the HW300Y through the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuernase View Post

And this pulsing effect comes just with PAL 50Hz (or even 720p@50Hz via HDMI)?

It's still there at 720P@50Hz, maybe it's just the 50Hz refresh rate i'm seeing.
I'm very sensitive to "wrong" refresh rates/judder/aspect ratios.. it's a curse
Old 10-24-2011, 03:49 PM

Graafish, what's the biggest screen you've projected in the dark with this? Or even what do you think is the biggest screen size this unit would do in the dark? Thx!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Hi graafish

software update only for hw300Y ? what about hw300G ? well at least theres a option , just how do we get LG to notice ? ive emailed them 4 times. Also sent the links from you tube footage even contacted Beamerdiscount and asked them to say something on cutomers behalf, perhaps LG will take more notice from retailers.

thanks for glimmer of hope graafish, im still wishing to have this LG projector , but with obvious reasons its presently a NO GO!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine0 View Post

Graafish, what's the biggest screen you've projected in the dark with this? Or even what do you think is the biggest screen size this unit would do in the dark? Thx!

I have a very old house with almost no large continues walls. I'm using the PJ in the bedroom and this is also the only room i can get the largets projection. Distance PJ -> wall is 210 cm (6.8 feet) and this gives me a 150x85 cm image (68 inch). Surely this PJ can project a larger image.. but not in my house

Quote:

Hi graafish

software update only for hw300Y ? what about hw300G ? well at least theres a option , just how do we get LG to notice ? ive emailed them 4 times. Also sent the links from you tube footage even contacted Beamerdiscount and asked them to say something on cutomers behalf, perhaps LG will take more notice from retailers.

thanks for glimmer of hope graafish, im still wishing to have this LG projector , but with obvious reasons its presently a NO GO!

The HW300Y has a Wifi internet connection and the software update uses that connection. How the HW300G which lacks wifi handles a software update i don't know, i guess you'll have to download it from the LG website and put it on a USB flash drive and update it manually.

I got my PJ from Beamerdiscount and when i complained about the aspect ratio bug they told me that there was nothing wrong with the PJ and that it's just a matter of taste... seriously? They told me i had to contact LG myself because to them here was no problem. If you want good customer service.. don't buy there.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:

perhaps LG will take more notice from retailers.

I have left a comment at the German LG Blog, they published it, but there seems to be no reaction.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
i've left a post on their forum and send'em a message to the support address. still no reply.