VIVITEK QUMI LED 1280x800 - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Newbie
 
felix77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@action_jackson
I just projected onto a white wall in my house.
felix77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Senior Member
 
snakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: san diego
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I now hold Qumi in my hand.

total time knowing about this product?

3 days !

will give report tonight
snakeman is offline  
post #723 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mbw23air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: KY
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I plan on using it for quick hit and run 30-60 minute viewing times where I wouldn't turn on my JVC because the lamp hours are expensive.

That is my exact plan as well. I will either be getting a qumi or one of the 500 lumen led projectors to save putting all the hours on the bulb of my other projector especially when I can turn the led on/off and it won't hurt it.

Can't wait for you to compare against your JVC as far as the brightness.

Mike

WTB: DPI Cine LED 1000 projector
mbw23air is offline  
post #724 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Bsims2719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

Luminus Devices LED chipsets cycle ON/OFF at 2.9 Kz, or 2.900.000 times per second.
First generation color wheels spun 60 times/second (60 Hz) or 3.600 RPM using R/G/B color spokes.
Then came 2x color wheels spinning 120 times/second (120 Hz) or 7.200 RPM.
Following that, we got 3x color wheels spinning 180 times/second (180 Hz) or 10.800 RPM, which is pretty much close to its maximum safe rotational speed.
By increasing from one set to two sets of R/G/B+R/G/B color spokes (erroneously called "6x color wheels") it was believed such design would "fool" the human vision into seeing a rotational speed of 360 times per second.
So, theoretically, these LED chipsets cycle ON/OFF with speeds that are 16 times faster than standard 3x color wheels, or 8x faster if that "fooling" of human vision is taken into consideration.
As i posted several months ago, i can see an occasional flash of "rainbow" off my LG HX300G LED projector, but they are so infrequent/unpredictable, happen so fast, cannot ever be duplicated (i tried) that i soon gave up on them and now they hardly bother me anymore, perhaps because my vision is too concentrated on those incredibly saturated LED colors !

A kilohertz (kHz) is only 1000 Hertz. Is that what you mean by kz?
Bsims2719 is offline  
post #725 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

That is my exact plan as well. I will either be getting a qumi or one of the 500 lumen led projectors to save putting all the hours on the bulb of my other projector especially when I can turn the led on/off and it won't hurt it.

Can't wait for you to compare against your JVC as far as the brightness.

Mike

Mike, tonight I will post some screen shots and feedback when I can get it on my real screen. I am going through the manual settings now to see what options I have to tone down the saturation a bit. The fan is a bit louder than I was expecting, but it is quite small so they are probably tiny 40mm high RPM screamers.
zombie10k is online now  
post #726 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Bsims2719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

Luminus Devices LED chipsets cycle ON/OFF at 2.9 Kz, or 2.900.000 times per second.
First generation color wheels spun 60 times/second (60 Hz) or 3.600 RPM using R/G/B color spokes.
Then came 2x color wheels spinning 120 times/second (120 Hz) or 7.200 RPM.
Following that, we got 3x color wheels spinning 180 times/second (180 Hz) or 10.800 RPM, which is pretty much close to its maximum safe rotational speed.
By increasing from one set to two sets of R/G/B+R/G/B color spokes (erroneously called "6x color wheels") it was believed such design would "fool" the human vision into seeing a rotational speed of 360 times per second.
So, theoretically, these LED chipsets cycle ON/OFF with speeds that are 16 times faster than standard 3x color wheels, or 8x faster if that "fooling" of human vision is taken into consideration.
As i posted several months ago, i can see an occasional flash of "rainbow" off my LG HX300G LED projector, but they are so infrequent/unpredictable, happen so fast, cannot ever be duplicated (i tried) that i soon gave up on them and now they hardly bother me anymore, perhaps because my vision is too concentrated on those incredibly saturated LED colors !

Reading the Luminus website it says that they can but I wonder if they do. If they are cycling that fast surely that would eliminate all rainbow effects. An earlier poster indicated that he can still detect rainbows.

Can a DLP chip handle 2.9 kHz.
Bsims2719 is offline  
post #727 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Member
 
tkchan007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone ordered from Bestbuy and has gotten their ship notice yet?

Also, for those that have the Qumi already, can you check if they are only compatible with the DLP-Link or will they also be compatible with the ones that uses the IR signal (like the 2010 model Samsung - my understanding is that there only need to be a flip between the L and R sync between the two so just curious if the manual say anything or not).
tkchan007 is offline  
post #728 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsims2719 View Post

Reading the Luminus website it says that they can but I wonder if they do. If they are cycling that fast surely that would eliminate all rainbow effects. An earlier poster indicated that he can still detect rainbows.

Can a DLP chip handle 2.9 kHz.

I only have it on a small 30-40" wall at work, but I can definitely see RBE which I am hyper-sensitive to. I don't think it will be a deal breaker at larger screen sizes that are dimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkchan007 View Post


Also, for those that have the Qumi already, can you check if they are only compatible with the DLP-Link or will they also be compatible with the ones that uses the IR signal (like the 2010 model Samsung - my understanding is that there only need to be a flip between the L and R sync between the two so just curious if the manual say anything or not).

I haven't looked too much into the 3D, but it's my understanding that the projector needs to be driven by an HTPC with an app like TMT5 or PDVD10, similar to the HDMI 1.3 Acer 5360. I have a Samsung 7900 3D Bluray player and hooked it up to the QUMI and there is no indication of it going into 3D mode when playing a few of my 3D bluray titles.

I'm going to try it later tonight with my HTPC / Nvidia 3D vision just to see if I can get it working with the Nvidia glasses.
zombie10k is online now  
post #729 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
donaldk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

Luminus Devices LED chipsets cycle ON/OFF at 2.9 Kz, or 2.900.000 times per second.


Did you see that uanemabell showed in his video that this projector uses spt-39 phlatlights.
donaldk is offline  
post #730 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Member
 
tkchan007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post


I haven't looked too much into the 3D, but it's my understanding that the projector needs to be driven by an HTPC with an app like TMT5 or PDVD10, similar to the HDMI 1.3 Acer 5360. I have a Samsung 7900 3D Bluray player and hooked it up to the QUMI and there is no indication of it going into 3D mode when playing a few of my 3D bluray titles.

I'm going to try it later tonight with my HTPC / Nvidia 3D vision just to see if I can get it working with the Nvidia glasses.

I have PowerDVD11 on my PC which will be the main driver to the projector most of the time. Really be interested to find out if those IR 3d glasses (Samsung) would work or would I be looking at having to buy some new 3d glasses or not. The 3d angle isn't really that important anyway for now.

I'm also thinking of getting another Qumi if this one works out and getting a Silver Screen to do L-R projector setup using the polarizing lens with those cheap 3d plastic glasses that you can get from the movie theater.
tkchan007 is offline  
post #731 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Senior Member
 
snakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: san diego
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1st report:


fired up the QUMI

this is a prelim report only:


image was created by using the USB input and viewing still photos taken with digital SLR camera . I did not have a blu ray or video source.


@approx 75" and fully dark room projected on ""off white wall":

1) fan noise is somewhat high but will not be a show stopper IMHO

2) image at size noted is perfect with regard to brightness, focus was "tack "sharp

3) image is vibrant with rich saturated colors which are a dramatic step up from optima hd 70

4) skin tones with default setting looked correct without any off color hue.

5) no strange color artifacts were noted in still image

6) no weird banding noted

7) brightness looked uniform across screen from corner to corner

8) no weird color fringes were noted


overall impression:

without seeing video I will withhold comment but first impression is more than positive. bang for buck on this unit may be off the charts
snakeman is offline  
post #732 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Senior Member
 
KadMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alexandria, KY
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post

Concerning the power switch on this projector, would it be possible to just leave the power switch on and cycle the power on and off using a switched outlet?

Some AV receivers have a swiched outlet on the back, and you can also order switched outlets controlled by either IR, or home automation.

The power switch is a physical slide mechanism, so using a switch AC outlet should work just fine. It's not one of those where you press a rubbery button that alternates between on/off.
KadMan is offline  
post #733 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadMan View Post

The power switch is a physical slide mechanism, so using a switch AC outlet should work just fine. It's not one of those where you press a rubbery button that alternates between on/off.

Cool, I may try that then if I decide to do a permanent install.

I got tired of watching everyone from amazon getting their projectors, so I cancelled my order form BB and ordered from amazon. Delivery date is now set for the 9th! I may loose out on the 18 month interest free, but oh well, I want it now!

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is online now  
post #734 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Newbie
 
dude79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a silly question, can you adjust each color individually like "red, green and blue" or you have to cycle through the preset options. Thanks guy. I am on the fence but I am worry about not able to adjust the "too green" effect of most projectors.
dude79 is offline  
post #735 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how about 120hz guys, dont hesitate to try. Brightness drops? Functions greyed out?
gain3 is offline  
post #736 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude79 View Post

I have a silly question, can you adjust each color individually like "red, green and blue" or you have to cycle through the preset options. Thanks guy. I am on the fence but I am worry about not able to adjust the "too green" effect of most projectors.

there does not appear to be individual color controls. Later tonight I am going to run through a full color measurement of white balance, gamma and primary/secondary colors and will post the results to see how close (or far off) this projector is in regard to a D65 / Rec 709 setting.

I just watched about 25 minutes of the 5th element, initial impressions are that color performance is solid for this price point but a bit over saturated which I can live with. I don't see any specific color issues, but my Chroma 5 Pro meter won't lie.
zombie10k is online now  
post #737 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mbw23air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: KY
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

there does not appear to be individual color controls. Later tonight I am going to run through a full color measurement of white balance, gamma and primary/secondary colors and will post the results to see how close (or far off) this projector is in regard to a D65 / Rec 709 setting.

I just watched about 25 minutes of the 5th element, initial impressions are that color performance is solid for this price point but a bit over saturated which I can live with. I don't see any specific color issues, but my Chroma 5 Pro meter won't lie.

Jason,

Do you think the oversaturated colors are because it is LED or do you think the colors are just being overdriven? For watching movies I wouldn't want oversaturated colors but for HDTV a little oversaturated might be acceptable.

Thanks for all your posts,
Mike

WTB: DPI Cine LED 1000 projector
mbw23air is offline  
post #738 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

Jason,

Do you think the oversaturated colors are because it is LED or do you think the colors are just being overdriven? For watching movies I wouldn't want oversaturated colors but for HDTV a little oversaturated might be acceptable.

Thanks for all your posts,
Mike

Mike -no problem, glad to share the info, I have plenty more to come in the next day or so once I get it home. My reference is the RS50 which I've toned down the overall saturation with a full color calibration. The Fifth Element BD master may be a bit overdriven too, the colors (blues / oranges) are strong throughout this movie. I only have Cars and Monsters vs. Aliens with me. I'll check out regular HDTV tonight to compare against the Acer and the JVC.

overall, I am liking what I see so far given the price point and the small size. I'd like to see what it takes to run a few MKV's from the microSD card. it looks like they have a specific profile necessary for H264 video. If anyone gets this working, please post your results.
zombie10k is online now  
post #739 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
leeperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi guys,

I will read this thread, but I've got a few question for the early adopters please:

1) does it get hot? is it noisy?

2) it seems to support 1280*800@120Hz over HDMI? Is it smooth when using a tearing test(Reclock/MPC-HC)? of course the idea would be to get butter smooth 24p goodness.

3) any info in the manual about the speed of the color wheel? does it have a white segment(this kills my eyes )? how many segments?

4) it says 300 ANSI lm...but how many in D65/2.4?

5) I guess it's not a DC3 panel either...does it still provide good blacks and good native/ANSI CR? I come from the HC3100 BTW.

6) how are the optics? purple fringing? sharp enough?

thanks for any insight, as this is very tempting at $499

PS: I wouldn't get too worried about the oversaturated colors, as you can easily map gamuts in ffdshow(using CUDA at that).
leeperry is offline  
post #740 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
snakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: san diego
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

Hi guys,

I will read this thread, but I've got a few question for the early adopters please:

1) does it get hot? is it noisy?

2) it seems to support 1280*800@120Hz over HDMI? Is it smooth when using a tearing test(Reclock/MPC-HC)? of course the idea would be to get butter smooth 24p goodness.

3) any info in the manual about the speed of the color wheel? does it have a white segment(this kills my eyes )? how many segments?

4) it says 300 ANSI lm...but how many in D65/2.4?

5) I guess it's not a DC3 panel either...does it still provide good blacks and good native/ANSI CR? I come from the HC3100 BTW.

6) how are the optics? purple fringing? sharp enough?

thanks for any insight, as this is very tempting at $499

PS: I wouldn't get too worried about the oversaturated colors, as you can easily map gamuts in ffdshow(using CUDA at that).


I will chime on on only a few points here

1) it is "tack" sharp no problem at all on that issue
2) optics look very good for the price
3) it is a "little" noisy - this may bother you - its borderline
4) it does not run hot and cools off much faster than my HD70
5) it does not have a color wheel
snakeman is offline  
post #741 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Member
 
Juriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

overall, I am liking what I see so far given the price point and the small size. I'd like to see what it takes to run a few MKV's from the microSD card. it looks like they have a specific profile necessary for H264 video. If anyone gets this working, please post your results.

I used Handbrakes Regular-Normal h.264 profile and it worked like a charm. If the Qumi detects any media it loads a simple media browser. I watched Machete last night as a test (planned on showing it outdoors tonight weather permitting) and it worked fine. Not selling feature, but from a mobile theater perspective it is nice to be able to just encode a 720p video, throw it on a micro flash drive, and be able to play movies for a night anywhere.
Juriko is offline  
post #742 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
snakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: san diego
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looks like they are drying up on Amazon.

only a few left
snakeman is offline  
post #743 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eat meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder how the pricing will be in a few months when there will be around 7 new Pjs with this TI chip with some lower lumen choices.

__________________________________________
Are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.

(fifth element)
__________________________________________
eat meat is offline  
post #744 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MCaugusto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: BOSTON --- MA ---
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

Jason,

Do you think the oversaturated colors are because it is LED or do you think the colors are just being overdriven? For watching movies I wouldn't want oversaturated colors but for HDTV a little oversaturated might be acceptable.

Thanks for all your posts,
Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From my experience using these LED chipsets from Luminus Devices i found colors to be rather saturated but not necessarily overdriven for the purpose of that "110% higher color gamut" advertisement that some pj manufacturers are so fond of boasting.
In fact, after using the Spears & Munsil blu-ray test disc, the results i got from my LG HX300G were that blue was slightly elevated compared to red/green colors which were right on the mark, which surprised the heck out of me as the colors displayed seemed rather oversaturated compared to my good ol' CRT pj. Then i slowly realized that colors coming off these LED chipsets are just naturally "deeper", "richer", with a level of saturation that i had never seen before, and to this day i still find myself quite often amazed by their depth of range.
I am rather surprised i haven't read similar comments from other owners of pjs illuminated by these LED chipsets.
BTW, on my previous post concerning the ON/OFF cycling of these Luminus Devices LED chipsets i missed the letter "H" as in 2.9 KHz, not 2.9 Kz...Gee guys, give me a break here, ha !
MCaugusto is offline  
post #745 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juriko View Post

I used Handbrakes Regular-Normal h.264 profile and it worked like a charm. If the Qumi detects any media it loads a simple media browser. I watched Machete last night as a test (planned on showing it outdoors tonight weather permitting) and it worked fine. Not selling feature, but from a mobile theater perspective it is nice to be able to just encode a 720p video, throw it on a micro flash drive, and be able to play movies for a night anywhere.

thanks for the info. Is the final output file an mkv or mp4 file? Have you tried a typical mkv? I am wondering if they need to be re-encoded to work with the QUMI.

The portable theater is a great idea to throw a couple of movies on an SD Card and need nothing else besides the projector. My popcorn hour A110 is probably a better idea in the long run. It's small and has a 500 GB drive in it, supporting a larger # of file formats, etc. The QUMI and the PCH would be a nice compact setup for carrying a lot of media in a small space.
zombie10k is online now  
post #746 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Newbie
 
sh877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like this forum is currently the only way of getting any information about the projector and that too by folks who purchased this thing. It is pretty surprising to me that no other website like cnet, engadget, projector central etc. are providing professional reviews about this product and no units were provided for reviews! Still waiting on some proper reviews about this product rather than first impressions before making a decision. Guess it will happen sometime soon....
sh877 is offline  
post #747 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
action_jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I plan to use my iPhone 4 as a portable video delivery device. You can stream video from iTunes, or transfer them for viewing on the go. I went ahead and ordered a 30-pin to HDMI adapter from amazon in order to get full 720p output.

My brother has a large canopy bed and plans to mount the Qumi at the head of the bed and installing a screen at the foot of the bed. Question is, will he ever come out of there?

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
action_jackson is online now  
post #748 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
snakeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: san diego
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
depends on whats playing
snakeman is offline  
post #749 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Member
 
jimbowuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No sign of the Qumi here in UK yet, apart from on Amazon.co.uk which has them listed at what must be a placeholder price.......

To connect an existing standard hdmi lead, do I need to purchase an hdmi coupler/extender?
Can someone please post closeup pics of the supplied cables.

Thanks.
jimbowuk is offline  
post #750 of 2168 Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh877 View Post

Looks like this forum is currently the only way of getting any information about the projector and that too by folks who purchased this thing. It is pretty surprising to me that no other website like cnet, engadget, projector central etc. are providing professional reviews about this product and no units were provided for reviews! Still waiting on some proper reviews about this product rather than first impressions before making a decision. Guess it will happen sometime soon....

You may be waiting a while - in terms of pro reviews, even expensive projectors like my JVC RS50 took months to get into the hands of pro reviewers after countless folks already owned the projector.

For some reason, the CE companies aren't too eager to get review samples out there. Perhaps it will deflate the pre-order hype if there are any warts that stand out.
zombie10k is online now  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Vivitek Qumi Q2 300 Lumen Wxga Hdmi 3d Ready Pocket Dlp Projector White

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off