CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 1273 Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post

Have you seen their other projectors? They use large five inch 800 x 600 TFT LCD displays with a white LED. Reminds me of the old Lumenlab DIY projects, only in a nice looking case.

EXACTLY!!! This (the LED) is a Modified version of the original Metal Halide 150 watt aquarium lamp mounted behind a Single 3 5 or 7 inch screen. The two main issues with these single LCD screen projectors are the piss poor image quality and the Low light output. The HDMI capability is a joke. I am not sure if these are the folks who make the visionmax projectors but they are the same technoligy (Google Visionmax white van and POS) It seems like the new Cre model is a hibrid using three LCD's and three LED's. We could be experiancing the same type of BuZZ and Hype that the Segway scooter was several years ago that was going to revoloutionize life as we knew it. Remember? I think the jury is still WAY out on this machine. Thanks to guys like SMJ we are getting a better understanding of the reality.

Bohanna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1273 Old 04-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Hey AC/Jackson, Could you give us a little more info on the PT-120 source you found?
I have been thinking of retrofitting an older sanyo 9000 that has a straight side shot directly into the light chambers lamp mounting area so space is not a problem. I have tried several other light sources through this in the past but none of them has been bright enough. I have been thinking of mounting 4 High powered LED's on a heat sink with a fan and pointing it into the chamber

Thanks

Bohanna

Sure, no problem.

http://www.mouser.com/Luminus-Device...Keyword=pt-120

I have been thinking of doing the same with an older projector that I have. I Just bought two brand new vehicles and two motorcycles recently and taxes are hammering me this month, or I would have already ordered some of these.

I believe this site has developer kits that include controllers an such, but this is where price jumps into the $900+ US range. I don't think they are available for the PT-120, only for some slightly smaller LEDs. I believe biggest kits they have are 9mm square instead of 12mm square of the PT-120.

Also I have not checked the part numbers from the PT-120 data sheet, so I am not sure if this is the new blue LED referenced there or not. The new blue LED is a little brighter and color produced is targeted to a slightly different wavelength.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #273 of 1273 Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Okay, I checked the data sheet and the Blue LED is in fact the new version.

http://www.luminus.com/stuff/content...eet_rev_07.pdf

post #274 of 1273 Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

EXACTLY!!! This (the LED) is a Modified version of the original Metal Halide 150 watt aquarium lamp mounted behind a Single 3 5 or 7 inch screen. The two main issues with these single LCD screen projectors are the piss poor image quality and the Low light output. The HDMI capability is a joke. I am not sure if these are the folks who make the visionmax projectors but they are the same technoligy (Google Visionmax white van and POS) It seems like the new Cre model is a hibrid using three LCD's and three LED's. We could be experiancing the same type of BuZZ and Hype that the Segway scooter was several years ago that was going to revoloutionize life as we knew it. Remember? I think the jury is still WAY out on this machine. Thanks to guys like SMJ we are getting a better understanding of the reality.

Bohanna

I was thinking of building one of those years ago, but then 720p projectors got near the $1,000 range and I opted to purchase one instead of going the DIY route. I can't believe after this many years companies are still selling this old tech. I guess a sucker is born everyday.

post #275 of 1273 Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I was thinking of building one of those years ago, but then 720p projectors got near the $1,000 range and I opted to purchase one instead of going the DIY route. I can't believe after this many years companies are still selling this old tech. I guess a sucker is born everyday.

I believe The technoligy that the single screen LCD's represent was Pionnered by ask. They has their 970 series projector that had a 575 watt Lamp. EZpro started out using the same idea with their 540 545 and 585 projectors. My idea was to use one of the 575 watt Lamps fitted into the sanyo 9000 series projectors or a 400 watt Metal halide 6500 K Lamp. the trouble is the arc gap is WAY too long on both lamps so you don't get that much usable light. The new LED's open up a whole new idea. I think I can use 4 of these with a killer heat sink and it might work with little moddification. If It does I will have a freaking beamer that would burn your eyes out with a lamp that would just about last for ever. The commercial potantial of this retrofited projector is huge. The thing that's keeping me from going forward with this right now is I have a large supply of UHP lamps for my current home theatre set up so I am in no hurry.
I plan on waiting a little longer to see how the newer HIgh Powered LED work out. I have seen them go from 25 to 50 and now to 100 watts.
I am uploading a picture of the Sanyo 9000 series lamp chamber from a side view. The lamp mounts straight in so there are no tricky kooks and crannies to deal with like in many projectors and the picture it projects is emormous. I have used these projectors outdoors on 20 foot screens and they look great.
You can see the freaking picture clearly from the end of a football field.
food for thought

Bohanna
LL
post #276 of 1273 Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nice project. Thats a pretty heavy duty to do a 20ft screen. Whats the resolution?.
Its intresting to see how people enjoy their hobbies
post #277 of 1273 Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

Nice project. Thats a pretty heavy duty to do a 20ft screen. Whats the resolution?.
Its intresting to see how people enjoy their hobbies

It is a native xga Projector. It has a 400 watt lamp. I use an onairGT tuner connected to a Laptop or an epvision PHD-205LE standalone tuner Box. I hook it though the VGA computer port. It looks freaking GREAT! Both tuners do HDTV 1920 x 1080. The PHD-205LE looks better when I set it to 720P. I can go anywhere. I put up a little antenna on an old fiberglass tree saw pole for height and run the whole thing on a generator. A couple of year back when the Celtics played the Lakers in the championship I did a game on a beach all on generators and all wireless with a 12 foot screen. It was surreal. My friends still talk about it. FYI-I prefer using business projectors because they are considerably brighter than home theatre set ups.

Bohanna
post #278 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Advanced Member

http://www.hd199.com/thread-344657-1-1.html

Use google translate simplified Chinese

From a projector retailer on a popular chinese board.
""
I never heard of that. This brand is well known for garbage single LCD projectors. I don't think their LED product can be a good choice except price.

Projecters under $ 200 with single LCD technoloty which was out of date even 10 years ago and now only DIYers would think of this solution.""

Apparently, the brand and this projector are not that well known. The thread has few responses.

However, that board is one of the biggest bbs in China, and extremely amateurish. Not a lot of technical information and experience, from what I have seen. I am still looking for a qualified 'projector website'

I was not able to get to HK this weekend to meet with CRE. My HK trip is postponed till next weekend, after the HK electronic expo has ended.
post #279 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkson View Post
[url]"I never heard of that. This brand is well known for garbage single LCD projectors. I don't think their LED product can be a good choice except price.

Projecters under $ 200 with single LCD technoloty which was out of date even 10 years ago and now only DIYers would think of this solution."
I can agree with that statement, the other projectors that I have read the specs on are garbage. They are more like childrens toys, maybe useful for connecting a Nintendo or a dvd player for entertaining the kids and keeping them off the main theater projector.

post #280 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Ive had some more clues on the backing of the CRE X1000 technology.
When i had to return my projector, i was given a different address to send it to.

The name to return it was not CRE Projectors Ltd etc

I had to send to M1 Group in China.

From looking on scroogle online i found out they seem to be a serious group worth billions, ranging into Hedge funds, capital investments, fashion, telecoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Group

They told me my projector would go to their team of engineers to look at what went wrong, and that was where to send it to.

If this is a Projector to keep gamers happy etc, i suspect it must be durable, as gamers put in alot of onscreen hours.

I can only hope, as its a worlds 1st technology of 3 LED 3 LCD combined that their financial backers are serious about making this a reliable home product.

I`m guessing that the Worlds 1st 3LCD/3LED tech is owned/been invested in by M1 group & gets CRE to make it for them
post #281 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 AM

When my CRE X1000 comes back, i am taking no chances.
I`ve already begun harvesting parts to make an air cooled box to place my CRE X1000 into.

Yes you may laugh, but its going in a cardboard box fitted with PC fans.
I`m thinking to cut the cardboard, easy poke the lens out of it, then cut holes for 120mm fans with fan filters to grab any dust.

2 Front fants sucking and 2 back fans exhausting.
I`ve purchased so far:

Lamptron fan Controller 4 fans 20w per channel

&

This external powersupply for PC molex connections

Probaly put some good 3000rpm fans
Yeh it gonna look like its made by a Pre-schooler, but `ill give it a go carboard arts & crafts..
post #282 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

They told me my projector would go to their team of engineers to look at what went wrong, and that was where to send it to.

You may want to forward them some my suggestions

Bohanna
post #283 of 1273 Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

SMJ, you may want to look into getting some plexiglass or acrylic. It is relatively cheap and many DIY computer cases have been made from this material. It will also be clear so that the remote signals will be able to pass through to the IR sensor, otherwise you will not be able to control the projector with the remote.

post #284 of 1273 Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 AM

Thanks, yeh i`ve forwarded suggestions for improvement by bohanna

1 put a better polarizer before the panel
2 increase the air flow around the LCDs /LEDs
3 decrease the voltage and light output for the blue panel
4. Extra cooling etc

if theres more suggestions, please feel free to list them, i`ll send it right away.

The projector should reach them by monday or tuesday.

Cool Box making
I havent started making anything yet, so far just ordering some parts.
Yeh acrylic would be great thxs, i`m looking online to get some drill bits to cut shapes
The CRE X1000 has 2 IR sensors, one on top, and one on the back of the machine.
post #285 of 1273 Old 05-02-2011, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 45
sellmejunk >>> Any news on the pj yet ? Out of curiosity and for future reference, did you use DHL when you shipped it to China, were you satisfied with the company's service and how much did it cost ?
If i may make a suggestion, perhaps it would be a good idea on your next email to CRE you should ask them to make sure the three LCD chips on the projector are perfectly aligned before it's shipped back to you; On the other hand, such procedure should be done automatically, especially considering they may be dealing with a defective chip.
....Or, it might be easier for CRE to simply send you a brand new projector....
post #286 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Thxs, the projector arrived back to me on wednesday fully fixed & functional.

I posted it by DHL from the UK to china, & was darn expensive as Britain is a rip off country overcharging for everything the cost to post it was £120 or in USD was $210. I should have tried a different company perhaps, but at the time just wanted to finish off and send it.
On the Plus side, they repaired & sent it back by DHL (double boxed) at no extra cost.

Even tho i have the PJ back, i`m still scared to use it, until i get the cool box made.

I enquired as to what the problem was, and if it was a new one they had sent me or if its my 1st one repaired; to which they replied it was my orginal one repaired.I have been promised a tech report by the technician, tho nothing in my inbox as of yet.
post #287 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 AM

i ordered just before two days they have black color in stock and they now sells only NX model of x1000 (with Mstar main chip).
post #288 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Where did you order from?

Can you post a link to the New NX model

I am having issues finding a link? are there any spec changes?

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #289 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRAG_INDIA View Post

i ordered just before two days they have black color in stock and they now sells only NX model of x1000 (with Mstar main chip).

This is how Chinese people talk. Guess as to who the poster is.

Anyways, that sucks you had to pay for shipping sellmejunk. BTW, your name is Ironic
post #290 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 AM

The CRE X1000 manual does in fact list a NX version in the spec sheet along with...
VX, GX, BX, NX,KX, models, funnily enough i have no clue what version of the CRE X1000 mine is as it says CRE X1000-HT on the manual, and dont even see the HT one listed.

I had a quick search on web couldnt find anything for the NX version so certainly am curious to this news.

My junk item of the week is a Haunted Keychain from ebay promising good fortune, woo hoo!
post #291 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Hey Sell,

You should have ordered that keychain BEFORE the CRE. .

Nothing Ironic about his screen-name as he has made it clear that he truly enjoys the thrill of finding a Gem in a pile of junk.

Keep doing your thing brother!
post #292 of 1273 Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thxs, the projector arrived back to me on wednesday fully fixed & functional.

Even tho i have the PJ back, i`m still scared to use it, until i get the cool box made.

I enquired as to what the problem was, and if it was a new one they had sent me or if its my 1st one repaired; to which they replied it was my orginal one repaired.I have been promised a tech report by the technician, tho nothing in my inbox as of yet.

Hey SMJ if I were you I would find where the intake air vent(s) is and put a boxer fan blowing into it. I would also take several white screen shot pictures to see if you get any of the yellow distortion burn in that you had after your first test. I wouild turn it off after say 4 or 5 hours of operation and let it cool down in case this is what caused the original problems. I would be very carefull to document everything that happens for the first week or so

Good Luck

Bohanna
post #293 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 01:38 AM

VX,GX,BX,NX,KX the basic diffrence in all this model is given on the page no 20 in user manual of x1000.
post #294 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 AM

post #295 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

I am not very familiar with the pros and cons of different chips, is the Mstar semiconductor chip better than the others? I have heard of the Hollywood Quality Video and Pixelworks before, just not sure which is the best. I guess that is the main difference between the different classes. There is also a slightly different wattage listed, may have something to do with the newer blue led from Luminus but not sure. Different lenses seem to be used that have differens levels of zoom too.

post #296 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am not very familiar with the pros and cons of different chips, is the Mstar semiconductor chip better than the others? I have heard of the Hollywood Quality Video and Pixelworks before, just not sure which is the best. I guess that is the main difference between the different classes. There is also a slightly different wattage listed, may have something to do with the newer blue led from Luminus but not sure. Different lenses seem to be used that have differens levels of zoom too.

Hey jackson looks like they are better quality from left to right. I noticed the same thing about the 160 watt version and question if it was the reason for the SMJ's screen Burn. Looks like they plug in or wire in a different video chip
depending on the quality of the image they are shooting for. The KX class version on the far right looks to be a huge drop in lamp wattage that could keep it under the BLUE LCD burn radar screen. In the next comment I will try to link the three LCD LED modding idea that I have been talking about for a while. Although crazyfunguy uses lower powered LED you will get the drift

Bohanna
post #297 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

I hope they will allow the link, This is the basic idea behind the three LED instead of a single LED design. If it were me I think I would put the LED directly behind the polarizers and not use the filters but that may present a problem

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-p...rcial-mod.html

Bohanna
post #298 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mstar technically does not have a video processor chip that they list. They do make chips that you have TVs and other applications.

In my opinion the HQV is the best of the ones there, however, it is the way they use it that will make it better or worse than another chip. The fact that they use three different chips means they are not spending a ton of time fine tuning any of them... it would take too much time to do all three in "the same projector"

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #299 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Mstar technically does not have a video processor chip that they list. They do make chips that you have TVs and other applications.

In my opinion the HQV is the best of the ones there, however, it is the way they use it that will make it better or worse than another chip. The fact that they use three different chips means they are not spending a ton of time fine tuning any of them... it would take too much time to do all three in "the same projector"

Not sure what you mean by fine tune? The three chips or panels are R G & B this is the standard that has been used for years. Not sure how they could find tune them.

Bohanna
post #300 of 1273 Old 05-08-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

The software/ firmware makes a big difference. Look at the rang of projectors and processors that use the same video chip and then look at the difference performance. That is what I mean.

The implimentation of the chip can make a big difference. Even look at say the Oppo Digital BDP-93. With firmware changes only they have improved the upscaling abilities of their player... They have not changed the chip only the way it is used.

The same thing happen on the BDP-83 it continued to produce a better picture because of firmware changes.

David

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page