CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I've seen several folks mention a 1k price on the projector, but the first page shows it @ 1.5k US.

http://chuangrong.en.alibaba.com/pro...1920_1080.html

SMJ - what was the cost of the projector in US? thanks!

Tactics like this usually indicative of a sales pitch.
Lets do the math:
The top rated Mitsubishi 4000 is $1100 vs. $1768. A 3000hr bulb is $325.

So a consumer could buy the 4000 with two replacement bulbs (9000 hours) for approximately the same price as the CRE. The 4000 has a two year immediate replacement warranty. So there is no risk. New products from new companies lack refinement, like blacks actually being blue.

Actually most people will want a 120" 3D picture after they see one in person.
So I will probably never need to buy a replacement bulb. That is an immediate $668 savings with better performance.

CRE light bulbs are $50-55 at Home Depot. Sam's has similar ones for $19. LEDs are still way too expensive in front projectors.
However the competition from this projector will force the rather exorbitant LED projector prices we see today. So the future looks very bright indeed, but not just yet. Probably two more years till the LED technology trickles down cost effectively to front projector technology.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Have fun explaining that one action, I control the thing here, but I turned off email alerts that go to certain sites. HRs problem, not mine, long as they are blocked I don't care if people try to go there.

Hopefully I will fly under the radar. One of the previous supervisor was repremanded for spending 6 hour on cameltoe dot com, lol. We all received a written warning about not visiting adult sites though.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Wharfedale WH-2 Bipole Surrounds
post #573 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM

Liked: 10
$1750 is accurate (includes shipping).

I still cant believe how skeptical people are! the x1000 has surpassed & surprised all of us. Sealed Optics, No UV or Infrared, Mstar, epson D7, Luminus Pt-120, an impressive looking cooling system, energy efficient & its full 1080p! Someone for gods sake give an x1000 to a place you trust for review & let us see finally how this actually compares to the mainstream brands. Sealed Optics is Huge!
post #574 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

I still cant believe how skeptical people are! the x1000 has surpassed & surprised all of us. Sealed Optics, No UV or Infrared, Mstar, epson D7, Luminus Pt-120, an impressive looking cooling system, energy efficient & its full 1080p! Someone for gods sake give an x1000 to a place you trust for review & let us see finally how this actually compares to the mainstream brands.

Yes that would settle some of these disputes, I wonder if there is any chance of this happening?

Thanks for reposting the pics, I can see them now. You may want to do place them on seperate lines by hitting enter after each inserted image url.

post #575 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

I still cant believe how skeptical people are! the x1000 has surpassed & surprised all of us. Sealed Optics, No UV or Infrared, Mstar, epson D7, Luminus Pt-120, an impressive looking cooling system, energy efficient & its full 1080p! Someone for gods sake give an x1000 to a place you trust for review & let us see finally how this actually compares to the mainstream brands.

You are acting like a salesman and not offering a balanced perspective.
No track record or refinement for $1750!
What if its defective? Then what?

Consumers can buy a real Epson D7 for this price, which also offers a refined picture.
Buy no technology before its time. Or be prepared for high prices, reliability or performance gotchas leading to early replacement.
post #576 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Bohanna again raises some good questions.

Now we have pictures & can see some of the processes perhaps we could compile a second round of questions?

I`ll add a couple of good points you guys have raised so far

1. Is there any Kind of Buffer or polarizer between the actually LED and the LCD Panel and if so is it replaceable?

2. Is it possible to see x1000 with the two circuit layer boards removed from on top the unit and turn the projector ON so that we could see that elegant arrangement of three bright R/G/B LEDs shining behind each LCD panel.

3. Does the projector offer a V stretch mode (for CIH Anamorphic lenses)?

4. more of your thoughts here.
I resent that hifi, i wonder if people actually read the posts,, i`m confirming what mcaugusto said to clarfy costs this isnt a 1k projector, as verge has suggested, + in that same sentence youve quoted to me, whats wrong with me wanting to see how it compares to other brands by being reviewed by a trusted site like avsforum? (a site you trust.. hello!)
post #577 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Everyone has to start out at the bottom and work their way up. CRE is a relatively unknown company, but who knows, they could be the next big name in projector manufacturing ten years from now. I can say they do have some big balls to attempt to produce a projector in todays competative market. I give them kudos for that.

post #578 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Bohanna again raises some good questions.

Now we have pictures & can see some of the processes perhaps we could compile a second round of questions?

I`ll add a couple of good points you guys have raised so far

1. Is there any Kind of Buffer or polarizer between the actually LED and the LCD Panel and if so is it replaceable?

2. Is it possible to see x1000 with the two circuit layer boards removed from on top the unit and turn the projector ON so that we could see that elegant arrangement of three bright R/G/B LEDs shining behind each LCD panel.

4. more of your thoughts here.

I resent that hifi, i wonder if people actually read the posts,, i`m confirming what mcaugusto said to clarfy costs this isnt a 1k projector, as verge has suggested,

I would remove the word buffer and replace it with filter in question #1.

I doubt the projector would be functional with the circuit boards removed, but its worth a shot.

Is there anyway to update the firmware?

Any advanced color controls, maybe accessable via service mode by a professional installer?

post #579 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM

This is one of the things i feared happening in this forum,
high end projector users, whos spent a fortune, who have laughed at the appearance of the x1000. only to reveal this projector is packing more, & doing it for less.
Their fears that this upstart PJ could devalue the high end market, are causing people to get personal here.
post #580 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:

I still cant believe how skeptical people are! the x1000 has surpassed & surprised all of us. Sealed Optics, No UV or Infrared, Mstar, epson D7, Luminus Pt-120, an impressive looking cooling system, energy efficient & its full 1080p! Someone for gods sake give an x1000 to a place you trust for review & let us see finally how this actually compares to the mainstream brands. Sealed Optics is Huge!

SMJ- everyone appreciates the time you've taken to post your experience with this projector.

I'm sure you can understand the skepticism from the seasoned members, many of us have been using FP for over 10+ years and dealt with black eyes even from known manufacturers. I am dealing with a shoddy lamp in my JVC RS50 which is an $8k MSRP projector.

The first projector had issues and it cost $$ to send it back for repair. While it's good the manufacturer is being responsive, I don't think too many are going to risk the expense and potential issues of returning it 1/2 way around the world for support on an unknown product. There are a number of questions that need to be answered beyond what the marketing #'s claim in order for them to be taken seriously. The LED's could be highly overdriven leading to much shorter run times and other quality concerns that could take time to show up.

folks are going to want to know what the real lumen output is and also measured contrast. Is there any color management features (that actually work), etc. All they need is reputable reviewer to put it through it's paces.

in the end, as long as you are pleased with the purchase, that's whats important.

btw, I own a $500 Acer 3D DLP that I sometimes prefer over my $6k street price JVC because it has fantastic lumen output for TV viewing, etc. I wouldn't take the comments from any members as an attack on your purchasing decision. it's natural to question an unknown product with big claims.
post #581 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Here is the quoted lumen output levels from the luminus devices web site for the PT-120:

Red: 1,360-2,225 lumens
Green: 2,700-4,300 lumens
Blue: 550-970 lumens

These output levels put things in perspective don't they?

post #582 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 04:28 PM

Ah yeh i can appreciate that.
Getting this PJ has been a learning experience, i`m pretty much a novice, so as weve been progressing through this forum i ve taken note of peoples questions on what to look for as indications its a good projector.

Im only quoting the things we have uncovered.

At the beginning we knew virtually nothing about x1000.

Sealed Optics is huge tho right?
I didnt think there was any LCD projector that has a sealed optics.
post #583 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Sealed Optics is huge tho right?
I didnt think there was any LCD projector that has a sealed optics.

Yes sealed optics is huge if its true. One of the other troubles LCD projectors face is when cooling the LCD Block dust makes its way into all the little nooks and crannies and it's a royal pain to clean. The optical lens system is basically a microscope on steroids so even the tiniest piece of dust looks like a blob on the screen. It usually takes at least one and a half to two hours to fully clean the optical Path from Fish eye lens at the start of the lamps path to the last little crevice where the light leaves the projector. I have a special bunch of tools that I use for this and it requires a lot of compressed air shot through various parts of the projector along with the removal of the entire LCD block and special brushes to reach between panels polarizers and foggy prism block glass.
Every time you remove the ribbon cables from the top boards you take a chance they will not go back correctly. Thats one of the real down sides of LCD projectors.

Bohanna

FYI- The Color wheel on a DLP projector has it's own set of problems mainly premature failure or the infernal whining sound when it's on its way out!!
post #584 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post

So, Bohanna, you like business projectors because they have terrible contrast ratios?

No I like them because they are freaking much brighter and I think the trade off is well worth it!! When I run my MYHD 130 tuner card though my xp10NA projector watching a football game on a Sunday afternoon with plenty of ambient light in the room the picture is bright as the sun and clear as a bell. I can read the serial numbers on the players helmets and I can see every little dimple on the cheerleaders bodies. There is no way I would get this kind of brightness level out of a standard home theater projector. If I want I can use the tuner card video settings to boost up the contrast , Hue, brightness, saturation,settings But you loose the Pop. Also when I take one of my Sanyo Plc-9000 projectors with a 440 watt lamp outside and shine it on a 16 foot screen nothing touches it! You can see the freaking thing from 250 feet away like a jumbo tron! That why when I hear people ask what they should use for a projector in a daytime environment I alway suggest the older Sanyos with an RGB or HDMI to VGA converter for high def work. I think it's sadly comical when I here someone comment that its' not 1080P,, like that's gonna make ANY difference to the guy who has to squint like hell to see the thing since its so dim. Don't get me wrong I think that the home theater projectors are great but in many cases they are just striped down versions of the Business class models. For what this Cre x1000 does it seems like its a pretty good deal and my real concern from the get go has been screen burn and component failure. If these prove to be non issues than this is a great machine for what it costs and I think we ALL owe SMJ a huge debt for taking the chance and documenting everything in the articulate manner that he has along with all the other folks in here who have been using constructive criticism in evaluating this unit. This thing is not going to give you a stunningly bright picture on a 120 inch screen but it seems to be doing one hell of a job on the 80 or so inch screen that SMJ is using.

Bohanna
post #585 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
The Samsung FM10 uses a sealed light path for its 3LCD engine.
I was seriously considering purchasing the CRE X1000 until i became aware of such tiny,pesky details like the use of Epson's D7 LCD chips with organic polarizer layers and to top it off, a report of a recently purchased LCOS pj which started exhibiting similar problems AND uses inorganic material; The owner, HiFiFun, is absolutely sure of it.
Personally, after the many/many/many comments from owners of LCD pjs with premature failure of chips due to organic layers, i would not buy such a pj until these reports have been completely cleared or proven wrong.
I am surprised that owners of LCD and/or LCOS projectors have not started a thread or a poll titled "Organic Polarizer Failure Rate In LCD/LCOS Pjs" to benefit all of us...
post #586 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
CRE has better tech support than OPTOMA. I will never have an OPTOMA product again. Looks to me like CRE is bending over backwards to get customer satisfaction.

I have seen small unknown obscure electronic companies go from nowhere to
the top overnight before.

If the CRE X1000 is the real deal they will be bought out by the bulb makers who will then suppress this technology because it threatens them.

I'm thinking of buying before it disappears!
post #587 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Bohanna, slightly off topic, but I have a question. You mentioned something about the ribbon cable not connecting properly after disconnecting it. My Sanyo that I took pictures of earlier in this thread is sporadicly loosing red, is this from a bad connection? I don't use it much, it's my backup, but I want it to work if needed. Any advice?

post #588 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM

Ok i sent CRE a thank you for their quick customer service, & informative pictures. i also took the opportunity to sneak in some of your extra questions!

1. Is there any Kind of filter or polarizer between the actually LED and the LCD Panel and if so is it replaceable?

( perhaps unrealistic,but i asked it anyways.)

4 Is there a way to update the projectors firmware?

5. Is there a way to access hidden controls through remote control to access service mode menu for advanced colour controls or any other extra menus.

I do appreciate everyones comments, if come across as enthusiastic about my x1000 its because its exciting technology i wanna know more about it + seems decent Projector, its not my intention to rub people up the wrong way. If i have its probably my bad miscommunication. i gotta learn to use quotes more rather than starting a paragraph refering to 2 comments ago. My bad.
SMJ
post #589 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

It's unfortunate that on the pictures sent by CRE they didn't think of moving aside the two circuit layer boards on top of most of the unit and turned the projector ON so that we could see that elegant arrangement of three bright R/G/B LEDs shining behind each LCD panel. Such a picture is shown for the Samsung FM10 review.

Mcaugsto do u got the link for the samsung picture, it would be easier to show CRE, then maybe they can have a go at snapshoting a similar picture
post #590 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 233
I'll give this company credit, they are heading in the right direction by using LED. UHP lamps are the one major pitfall of owning a front projector. The lamps are generally expensive and it's a complete coins toss if you are going to get a lamp that is going to last.

The forum is filled with dimming UHP lamp discussions right up through today, so the situation hasn't generally improved over the years.

It's interesting that the high end is represented (Sim2 Mico, Runco, etc) and the low end is starting to creep in (CRE, Vivitek QUMI) but there is nothing yet in the mid-range market (3-6k).

Epson should take advantage of this situation, bag the LCOS market they are desperately trying to get a piece of, and put an LED driver in the existing Epson 8350 and 8700 series. Make it a solid 700-800 lumens. I know i'd buy at least 2 at their current pricing.
post #591 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

Tactics like this usually indicative of a sales pitch.
Lets do the math:
The top rated Mitsubishi 4000 is $1100 vs. $1768. A 3000hr bulb is $325.

So a consumer could buy the 4000 with two replacement bulbs (9000 hours) for approximately the same price as the CRE. The 4000 has a two year immediate replacement warranty. So there is no risk. New products from new companies lack refinement, like blacks actually being blue.

Actually most people will want a 120" 3D picture after they see one in person.
So I will probably never need to buy a replacement bulb. That is an immediate $668 savings with better performance.

CRE light bulbs are $50-55 at Home Depot. Sam's has similar ones for $19. LEDs are still way too expensive in front projectors.
However the competition from this projector will force the rather exorbitant LED projector prices we see today. So the future looks very bright indeed, but not just yet. Probably two more years till the LED technology trickles down cost effectively to front projector technology.

Good luck on that 9,000 hours on a HC4000 color wheel. Not saying that the X1000 is a good projector, but it does hold some promise. At least it is going in the right direction.
post #592 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Bohanna, slightly off topic, but I have a question. You mentioned something about the ribbon cable not connecting properly after disconnecting it. My Sanyo that I took pictures of earlier in this thread is sporadicly loosing red, is this from a bad connection? I don't use it much, it's my backup, but I want it to work if needed. Any advice?

You could have a bad red component cable. First Try running something through the VGA port like the computer desktop or try surfing the net and see if you get the same problems. The three ribbon connections from the top board to the LCD panels can sometimes be a bit tricky. You have pull them/slide them back evenly and they only move about 1/32 of an inch. All it takes is one of the many connectors on the ribbon failing to make a contact to cause an issue.

Bohanna
post #593 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

The Samsung FM10 uses a sealed light path for its 3LCD engine.
I was seriously considering purchasing the CRE X1000 until i became aware of such tiny,pesky details like the use of Epson's D7 LCD chips with organic polarizer layers and to top it off, a report of a recently purchased LCOS pj which started exhibiting similar problems AND uses inorganic material; The owner, HiFiFun, is absolutely sure of it.
Personally, after the many/many/many comments from owners of LCD pjs with premature failure of chips due to organic layers, i would not buy such a pj until these reports have been completely cleared or proven wrong.
I am surprised that owners of LCD and/or LCOS projectors have not started a thread or a poll titled "Organic Polarizer Failure Rate In LCD/LCOS Pjs" to benefit all of us...

You might want to check out the HC6800 thread. It uses Epson's organic panels, has been out on the street nearly two years and I have not read of a single panel failure. I think the 6800 uses the same D7 panels. A lot of owners, nearly 1,000 posts in the owners thread and hardly any problems.
post #594 of 1272 Old 06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Runco is a modded Delta... Vivitek is the reatil arm of Delta

Chi- LIn is the Sim2. I am suprised that they are not producing other LED projectors... if they are I am not aware of what brand they are marketed under.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #595 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

Here is a link to an interesting website. It relates to the Blue LCD burn problems that I and others have referenced. If you want to take the time to read it you can see some of the resulting images after various types of failures. It also references the organic and UV issues that have been brought up in this thread

http://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/

For those of you who don't want to read the entire thing below is a C/P of some of the relevant parts:

Bohanna

The television image is created by projecting light from a high-intensity mercury vapor arc lamp onto three small (approximately 1" across) liquid crystal panels inside the optical block. There is one panel each for the colors red, green, and blue, and they are combined with a prism and enlarged onto the back of the large viewing screen with a projection lens. Depending on the TV model, the optical block is based on one of two liquid crystal technologies: conventional liquid crystal display (LCD) technology ("3LCD" models) or liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS) technology ("SXRDTM" models). All of the 2002-2006 and some of the 2007 models use the WEGATM video processing engine and are generally known as Grand WEGAs. The remaining 2007 models use the newer BRAVIATM engine and branding.
The discolorations arise due to degradation of parts within the optical block assembly during long-term exposure to heat, light, and/or dust. The high-intensity lamp is attached to the optical block, and it creates a lot of heat. In addition, it creates intense light, much of which is converted to heat inside the optical block as it is filtered. Some of the light-filtering parts, including, in many cases, the liquid crystal panels themselves, utilize organic dyes or other substances that are subject to degradation from heat and light, particularly light in the high-energy blue light path (e.g., UV and deep blue). Also, the optical blocks are not sealed, so dust can accumulate on the internal parts, which can further reduce cooling efficiency, as well as directly cause discolorations.
post #596 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

The television image is created by projecting light from a high-intensity mercury vapor arc lamp onto three small (approximately 1" across) liquid crystal panels inside the optical block. There is one panel each for the colors red, green, and blue, and they are combined with a prism and enlarged onto the back of the large viewing screen with a projection lens. Depending on the TV model, the optical block is based on one of two liquid crystal technologies: conventional liquid crystal display (LCD) technology ("3LCD" models) or liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS) technology ("SXRDTM" models). All of the 2002-2006 and some of the 2007 models use the WEGATM video processing engine and are generally known as Grand WEGAs. The remaining 2007 models use the newer BRAVIATM engine and branding.
The discolorations arise due to degradation of parts within the optical block assembly during long-term exposure to heat, light, and/or dust. The high-intensity lamp is attached to the optical block, and it creates a lot of heat. In addition, it creates intense light, much of which is converted to heat inside the optical block as it is filtered. Some of the light-filtering parts, including, in many cases, the liquid crystal panels themselves, utilize organic dyes or other substances that are subject to degradation from heat and light, particularly light in the high-energy blue light path (e.g., UV and deep blue). Also, the optical blocks are not sealed, so dust can accumulate on the internal parts, which can further reduce cooling efficiency, as well as directly cause discolorations.

My old sony Wega lcd is still rocking fine. It's been left on for 12 hours at a time, but usually only if i forget to turn it off, or pass out from drinking and leave it on.

I guess LCD and LCOS aren't made for people who watch lots of television. Mine is on maybe 2 or 3 hours per night, 2 or 3 nights per week. Then usually it is on for quite a while sundays while i watch espn3 on it. Heck i'm still on the original bulb 5 years later.
post #597 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM

There only been TWO proper comments about the pictures of inside the x1000

Quote:

It appears that there is a heat pipe cooler for each color. One fan pulls the air our the rear of the case. Looks like there is room for a couple more fans, one behind each cooler.
After studying the photos, it looks like the filter goes in on the right side of picture A, or the bottom if looking at picture C. IMO it would cool much better with a fan on each cooler blowing out as it sucked air in at the filter. With the single fan in use it appears that the unit would suck air in at three locations: the filter, the front cooler, and the side cooler. The air then exits through the rear cooler and out the rear of the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

I still have a few questions about where the LED's are actually mounted. But this thing looks to be almost hand built with some traditional components that I never thought I would see in here. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good thing as they are typically underrated and more reliable than some of the newer allinone parts.

I`d really like to know collectivley from the others; what technical bits people can conclude from examining the pictures & how it compares to the inside of a similar big brand. I had thought the pictures would have made a huge difference.
If people can see something were all missing, it would be great to have more input & thoughts about the pictures.
Would be great if we knew what we were all looking at.
post #598 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

My old Sony Wega lcd is still rocking fine. It's been left on for 12 hours at a time, but usually only if i forget to turn it off, or pass out from drinking and leave it on.

I guess LCD and LCOS aren't made for people who watch lots of television. Mine is on maybe 2 or 3 hours per night, 2 or 3 nights per week. Then usually it is on for quite a while sundays while i watch espn3 on it. Heck i'm still on the original bulb 5 years later.

I have a KDF-E42A10 that I have had for years. I use it seldom except occasionally during the day to watch the news. BTW,, I have it set for high altitude and make sure there is no dust around the rear of the set. My ONLY point in referencing the article was the organic LCD panel breakdowns,, overheating,,,, dust getting sucked into the optical prism and UV related issues. With the exception of bad electronic capacitors these are ALL the issues that we have been tossing about since the beginning of this thread.
I have to say that I was VERY disappointed in the organic panels that the x1000 uses. If I were to buy one I would try to see if I could order on with the inorganic ones installed!

I see it as the difference between cheap fiber disk Brake pads and the more expensive metallic ones that last about three times as long and take more abuse before breaking down!!

Bohanna
post #599 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

There only been TWO proper comments about the pictures of inside the x1000

I`d really like to know collectivley from the others; what technical bits people can conclude from examining the pictures & how it compares to the inside of a similar big brand. I had thought the pictures would have made a huge difference.
If people can see something were all missing, it would be great to have more input & thoughts about the pictures.
Would be great if we knew what we were all looking at.

I am no expert in dealing with the insides of projectors, sorry can't help you there. I tried to look the model number on the large chip on the circuit board and mostly came up with links in foreign languages, and some technical discussion about projector circuitry that was way over my head.

I would like to know if there is supposed to be two more fans around those coolers. It appears like there is room for them and maybe they were removed during the time of the photos. SMJ, can you tell by looking or listening from the outside of the case?

post #600 of 1272 Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 AM

Yes when i put on the projector later i`ll have a look/listen.

I just find it amusing that there was many people asking me for months to open to open my own x1000, but where are those people now? and can they explain what were seeing finally. lol
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page