CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1272 Old 06-10-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
People seem to agree that cycles kill the life, but i turn my stuff on and watch it for maybe an hour tops, then usually have something else to do. Never had a problem really with premature failure.

I still think it's chaos theory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1272 Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have never replaced a bulb under the rated life. most have lasted about 25-40% longer.

SMJ and myself should not have to worry about it now with LED

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #633 of 1272 Old 06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkchan007 View Post

Just a quick thing regarding the air flow in-n-out of the case, perhaps the rear is the intake and the front and side is the exhaust? It would seems odd that it goes from 1-to-2 instead of 2-to-1, but it really depends on whether the rear 'in' can create enough of a positive pressure inside to keep dust out from the front-n-side.

I dont remember reading whether SMJ has checked whether air is being blown out in the rear or being sucked into the rear vent which is where the filter is sitting at.

The place where the HOT air is blowing out from is,,,,,,,, the Exhaust!!

The place where the cool air is getting sucked into is,,,,,,,, the intake!!

I just thought I would clear that up

Bohanna

BTW since I believe SMJ still smokes like a Chimney The smart thing might be to hold a lit smoke up to the different vents and see which way the smoke goes. Just make sure you are using low tar smokes since we wouldn't want the Cre to get cancer!!
post #634 of 1272 Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkchan007 View Post

Just a quick thing regarding the air flow in-n-out of the case, perhaps the rear is the intake and the front and side is the exhaust? It would seems odd that it goes from 1-to-2 instead of 2-to-1, but it really depends on whether the rear 'in' can create enough of a positive pressure inside to keep dust out from the front-n-side.

I dont remember reading whether SMJ has checked whether air is being blown out in the rear or being sucked into the rear vent which is where the filter is sitting at.

I havent had anything in my inbox yet,

The rear is definitly the exhaust..as thats the hottest part,
yes i used a cigarette lighter on all vents to see which way if flame was being sucked or blown.lol

Here is my hypothesis on how the air flow works

Red arrows is the exhaust. the rear fan is powerful and pulls all the air through the machine.
Its pulls the green arrows which represent the filtered air into the machine under the top boards
The white /grey arrow is unfiltered air, & flows over the top layer fins, leaving the left & right side to pull in filtered air to the componants board underneath the top layers.

Undeneath the top circuit board fins, the filtered air is pulled in though the sides to protect the vital componants from dust.

Using a powerful fan in the size of a a case about the same dimensions of an xbox, what we have here is a powerful windtunnel. Unfortuantly ( i`m led to believe) that the unfiltered air does in fact enter the machine, but that chances of it settling are miminal resulting in a negligable amount of residue of dust over time, like a typial PC.
The vital componant are compartmentalised using the filtered air, so the regular air blows through the front to rear to cool the top fin boards

It seems silly they havent put a filter on the front vent, however because the vital companants are using filtered air, its only the top layer of fins that would/ could collect dust. + build up on the rear fan over time.

The optics are sealed, the vital componants use filtered air, but i imagine once every 2 years it would be wise to open the case and use some compressed air to clean the fins and inspect the rear fan.

This to me makes the most logical sense of what ive seen. The layout its more like a PC than a projector, which could be a good thing.
I may have to put some air conditioning material with some sticky tape on the front vent, problem solved

Another idea could be that the 2 pathways of filtered air pushout the unfiltered air like a self cleaning action. The 2 jets of filtered air would be pulling harder than the front vent so imagine the central airflow would be blown out by the 2 filtered streams.

As the X1000 has a default temperature of approx. 28 degrees C (as measured 6 inches away from rear exhaust ) i sumise that even with a thick layer of dust this would boost the temperature by about 10 degrees (based on observations on dusty/clean general PC CPU Chips)
One of the unexpected things we uncovered was that the X1000 survived 40 mins of bluray playback whilst inside a tin foiled lined hot box with restricted airflow, boosting up the temeprature of the projector considerably much higher than if it was covered in many many years of dust! . I believe the 2 filter air streams would stop the majority of dust from settling. so even the idea thick dust would be unlikey.
The higher pressured filtered air would push out towards the rear diluting the dust particles of the front as they exit the exhaust.The projector seems to designed like this as to take advantage of its elaborate cooling system, the vital componants are protected by using the filted air though the sides, and the unvital areas are used for maximum airflow by sacrificing the design cost of a front dust filter. Considering this projector run extremley cool anyways, even if the projector were to rise in temperature by 10 degrees the cooling would be able to handle it
Its quite easy to stick some air conditioning material over the front vent problem solved, so really all this dust speculation can be avoided
post #635 of 1272 Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM

sorry no new screenshots
trying to borrow my sisters new samsung camera led to a massive argument. (shes a total tool)
The sad fact is the Aiptek camera i have cant reproduce the x1000 colors onscreen+ shadow detail.
found a review for the Canon PowerShot S95 as a possible buy;its more than i wanted to pay, but should give a decent picture.
post #636 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 02:53 AM

heh, I'm really surprised you didn't get scmamed and this projector seems half decent.

Without digging too deep, what is the overall opinion on this projector by people here?

1. Consensus: Get it, or don't get it?
2. Hows the PQ compared to another ~@$2k projector?
3. Will it actually last 10k hours at least?
4. Are the lumens actually very good?

Thanks
post #637 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

sorry no new screenshots
trying to borrow my sisters new samsung camera led to a massive argument. (shes a total tool)
The sad fact is the Aiptek camera i have cant reproduce the x1000 colors onscreen+ shadow detail.
found a review for the Canon PowerShot S95 as a possible buy;its more than i wanted to pay, but should give a decent picture.

Hey SMJ let me give you little bit of advice when it comes to a digital Camera.
Make F'n sure it has a MANUAL focus mode!! Other wise you will be pulling your hair out trying to focus on small print and other complex images. I have about 10 Cameras I have picked up during my travels and they are ALL F'n USELESS when it come to fine close up detail! The point and shoot auto focus is fine for General use but it goes nutty If you need to take a serious tech shot.
I have canon power shot S50 that I use when I need to take a shot of something like a circuit board
Bohanna

P.S I have seen several of the powershots viewing screens go wiggy so make sure you google the model you are interested in to see if it has this issue!
post #638 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

undeclared,

Your questiosn are very iffy.
1. is opinion
2. is somewhat opinion (out of the box, calibrated, eaase of use, is it adjustable, etc.) Ask someone with a 2K pj and they will most likely tell you theirs is better than yours, but is a personal choice.
3. simple answer yes it will, just like anything there are exceptions.
4. "really good" is opinion. No projector when calibrated produces the "rated" output. None. LEDs still seem to be closer to the rated at 60-75% verse 40-50% (on average for standard bulbs) this coupled with the "look" of LED feeling 30% brighter; you get a very good brightness level for the outlevel.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #639 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeclared View Post

Consensus: Get it, or don't get it?

Unless/until CRE establishes local distributorships (sales and support) outside of China, well, I suspect most folks here won't want to take a $2K chance on it.

I'm glad for sellmejunk that he is happy with his pj, and getting support apparently direct-from-China, but I'd not want to buy one of these things, at least not until someone with HTPJ testing expertise takes a good hard look at it. While Epson and Luminus seem like quality components, I know nothing at all about Mstar and how it will handle the kinds of video programs HT enthusiasts will want to put thru it.

It bodes well in any case IMO for the future of LED-backlit pjs that this one has appeared at such a low cost.
post #640 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think the CRE X1000 is ahead of it's time and looks like the future to me.
Why worry about ordering from China? Everything we get is made their anyway?
I can't even get companies here to honor warranties or return E-mail.
Looks to me like CRE customer service is first class so far.

I am only waiting for a professional review before ordering.

SellMeJunk has done a great job of relaying his enthusiasm for this projector.
Thank you sir for your work at posting all the Info you have so far.

Your pictures show a very solid looking built and engineered product.

This model will no doubt be the Vanguard for a lot of future projectors
that will no longer need bulb replacements ever again..

Being first like the Wright Brothers always scares everyone until is is everyday accepted.
post #641 of 1272 Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

SMJ you may want to see if they are willing to send a unit for review. Art on projector review or myself for AVS would to do it, but I am sure Alan will not bit if he has to buy one to test... however, he is a business man and may want to be a reseller or distributer in the US.

David

post #642 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 AM

yeh, ive already suggested to CRE to send it for review to this site + Mcaugusto has asked them also i believe. It would probably be better if one the head people from this site send them a message about it, and advise what the procedure would be.

It would be nice to see a proper review.

The x1000 deserves to be looked at, especially its green merits. for its 160watts power consumption, running temperature +bulb life. Its a shame they dont know how to publicise their product. If there was an award for 1080p eco-green projector of the year this deserves to be nominated!

As for customer no.2 ..lol; from the little CRE have let slip. They mentioned a canadian owner, owners in USA & i think a danish & french persons so perhaps customer no.5 (i`m sure they are a dozen at least.

The only thing i can suggest if theres a reviewer from england who wishes to visit me they are welcome to have at it.

Thxs also for the camera advice. My mum found her little cannon A470, i think it has some manual settings to will try that 1st. i`m waiting on a charger for it.
post #643 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 AM

i may have misquoted before just to clarfy:

X1000 cost me $1500 + $110 shipping + 4% paypal costs.( about $48).
The customs charges i was fortunate i paid £11.00 which is $18. That should give a better way of comparing it to the other projectors. definitly well below 2k
post #644 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
i may have misquoted before just to clarfy:

X1000 cost me $1500 + $110 shipping + 4% paypal costs.( about $48).
The customs charges i was fortunate i paid £11.00 which is $18. That should give a better way of comparing it to the other projectors. definitly well below 2k
Sorry smj I've lost track here, how exactly did you purchase this? A website somewhere?
post #645 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post

Sorry smj I've lost track here, how exactly did you purchase this? A website somewhere?

yeh i tried alibaba to begin with, but never got a reply, so scoured the web to see if they had a normal web site. to determine if it was the real place i did a who is search of the domain, which traced back to the same chinese province as the alibaba advert.

This is where i got my x1000

http://www.crdzkj.com/indexen.htm
(web site is slow doesnt load well with firefox, try explorer)
post #646 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yeh i tried alibaba to begin with...This is where i got my x1000 http://www.crdzkj.com/indexen.htm

Thank you smj.

Hmm I did find a source for this in the U.S., but they want $2800 for it!

http://www.yourhomeprojector.com/CRE...p/crex1000.htm
post #647 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 AM

I know this may sound amusing but even during my contact with CRE, they refer to the x1000 as a 3k projector. One of the questions i had received from CRE was from them wanting to know what are the popular brands of 1080p projectors are available to me in the UK selling for $3000. (which seems to be their RRP (recommended retail price)
Through them direct is the wholesale price..luckily they do sell direct for just 1 item, as some factories refuse to deal with you unless you order in mass .
post #648 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Do I detect a note of Cynicism in your comment?? Nah!!

Bohanna

This Chinese Cre must be different than the Cree I know of that makes LEDs specifically http://www.cree.com/ (located in Durham, North Carolina)
post #649 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Who, foxconn?

Foxxconn is Taiwanese (as is most other computer hardware manufacturers (motherboards, ect))
post #650 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:

OK this is the moment all you technical nerds have been waiting for..

Pictures of inside the X1000 + our questions answered!

pictures on an adult photo upload service
They have answered our questions tho number 5 i believe got lost in translation tho we know anyways its aN organic panel.

1. Alot of people have asked for pictures of inside the X1000. please be so kind to provide.
See picture A,B,C attached.
2. Can you tell or show us if the LED s are located behind the LCDs?
Yes,LEDs are located behind the LCDs.
3. Can you show us X1000 picture of cooling heat pipe &
airflow for light path.
See picture A,B,C attached.
4. Do you use good quality transistors, capacitors, resistors
inside x1000 for long life reliability.
Yes, of couse. We use good quality transistor etc to extend the whole projectors life .
5. Do you make an non organic D7 panel version of the X1000.
D7 LCD is origin from EPSON Japan ,it is with good quality , trustable .
6. Does the x1000 filter out or produce UV (ultra Violet
light or Infrared light?
LED light doesn't produce UV and Infrared light . It is Green products.

7. Does the x1000 have a sealed light path / Optical system
Yes ,X1000 is a sealed optical system to protect all inside optical parts.
8. For 3000 lumen output,In final tests of lumen measuring,after the light has passed through the projector light system, the lumens should come down to a value of between 400 to 1000+ lumens. Do you know the actual final lumen number?
Yes .it's true , final lumens is 800 lumens on color light .

Some curious people have asked about Hollywood Studio chip.

9 Can you tell us, do you have x1000 containing the VX
class with Hollywood studio chip & GX class Pixelworks available to buy yet.
At present ,we don't have this type made yet.

Wow, well there you have it, pictures and all!

Get out the magnifying glass & Lets hear your thoughts!

Seriously? Why couldn't you have used Photobucket and not some adult porn website to upload your pictures?
post #651 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusanagi-sama View Post

Seriously? Why couldn't you have used Photobucket and not some adult porn website to upload your pictures?

why couldnt u have scrolled down a bit more.. the photobucket pics are on that same page your quoting me from.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20539001&postcount=569

Probably no one noticed or appeciated the effort but those picture were full size, photobucket doesnt let u put higher than 1024 x 768. Anyways, thxs ive deleted them now.
post #652 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

My dad popped round earlier so swiped his camera for a few days.

Quality depends where i`m standing trying to avoid the light beam.
i should be getting the power supply for my mums canon camera soon and give it another go.
post #653 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:

why couldnt u have scrolled down a bit more.. the photobucket pics are on that same page your quoting me from.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20539001&postcount=569

Probably no one noticed or appeciated the effort but those picture were full size, photobucket doesnt let u put higher than 1024 x 768. Anyways, thxs ive deleted them now.

I noticed them after I posted this. However, Photobucket allows higher than 1024x768 on its paid service ($2.99/month or $29.99 a year)
post #654 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM

Can you take pics of a different movie?

Seriously, the speed racer thing is really gay.

post #655 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Ah ok.
fair enough.

Hey i switched back to the my 22"monitor to look at the pictures , i swear some of these stills; are still moving!
post #656 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthejoker20 View Post

can you take pics of a different movie?

+1

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
post #657 of 1272 Old 06-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthejoker20 View Post

Can you take pics of a different movie?

Just for that : more speed racer for you tommorrow!

Ive never actually watched the film, i got it as a tester cause it got 5 star based on picture quality + was on sale. Speed racer really shows off those rich colors... man you people are hard to please..

i`ll try some Battlestar Galactica perhaps
post #658 of 1272 Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Speed racer really shows off those rich colors...

Maybe, but to me the colors look wildly oversaturated and un-natural. Have you tried calibrating your pj's colors at all? I.e. if you don't have a BD calibration disc, any THX DVD will have test screens you can use.
post #659 of 1272 Old 06-15-2011, 06:21 AM

so its decided... more speed racer!
post #660 of 1272 Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I didn't realize how "amped-up" Speed Racer is, but found this website wherein every one of the shots looks hugely better than yours smj's. Not trying to be a jerk here, just want to get to the bottom of whether the X1000 is capable of decent pictures (and you haven't shown me one yet). Couldn't find a comparable to your own, but here's one for grins. Notice the sharpness, and the (relatively) natural skintones. Can you get your pj to look like this:

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page