CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 01:58 PM
psg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobi125 View Post

Yeah, was looking for some indication on how this projector stood up in areas other than resolution.

Soon enough, I'll be able to tell you.

I've been at this HT thing since 1995, and have been through various CRTs, including the 1272 and 1292, as well as the Panasonic PT-AE2000U LCD.

While I'm sure there are some more knowledgeable folks here, I'm not a newbie at this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg View Post

I've been at this HT thing since 1995, and have been through various CRTs, including the 1272 and 1292, as well as the Panasonic PT-AE2000U LCD.

While I'm sure there are some more knowledgeable folks here, I'm not a newbie at this.

Well i will be interested to hear your evaluation. I would like to know your thoughts on going from a 1292->AE2000 as well, from a picture standpoint.

My CRT's were head and shoulders better than the vw60 i have now, and they weren't even 9 inchers. But my theater room is too small for a giant crt these days.

I'll be waiting on your review, waiting on people to evaluate the Qumi's as well.
post #813 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Verge,

I hope you are not talking about front CRT projectors. If you are you need to go to Curt Palms website. Most CRTs are linked by video board and input type. Curt offers upgrades that go will above full HD some 9' CRTs do 2K or higher.

that being said resolution is only one piece. The video processor, the optics everything makes a difference.

It is too bad CRE reduced the quality of the optics to make the projector cheaper.

I was referring to the 7 and 8 inch models for the argument that resolution, while definitely important, is only one part of the image.
post #814 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Cool yep thats what we need, i am relieved that soon PSG will be able to give us his verdict based on what he`s owned before. This should give us a good idea of how the X1000 compares.

PSG once you get the service codes be sure to post or message me
How are you planning to calibrate your X1000NSX on arrival? Do you intend to get a i1display pro (i1display3), with the chromapure software or sticking with the x-rite i1profiler.

As you`ve had projectors before i`m sure you will get this looking great very quickly!

If you would like a copy of my ICC profile i can make it avilable for download for you, though may give different results on yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

Choice #1 CRE X1000 HT The model SMJ has made this thread about.
Choice #2 CRE X1000-NXS, 3,5000 Lumens, Contrast 50,000:1, has a BLACK CASE. About $200.00 Less than the HT.
Choice #3 CRE X1000 NXL, 3,000 Lumens, 100,000:1 contrast, White Case, $100.00 Less than the HT

Whilst roving has commented on the cheaper lens, this is still great as theres 3 choices to choose from.. Its good to have a choice and for some may prove better to suit their home setup requirements.
post #815 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
My main question is can you tell the difference between 50,000:1 contrast as compared to 100,000:1 Contrast?

Can our eyes perceive this difference?
post #816 of 1272 Old 07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, I would venture as far to say this thing isn't anywhere close to 100,000. Maybe 5000.
post #817 of 1272 Old 07-02-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
None of these number are close to real world performance. Many pj that claim 100,000:1 when ISF calibrated are closer to 400:1 real world intra-scene contrast which is very good. Look at home theater hifi (Secrets of home theater) as see what they say. Another why to show this is the CSMS that Runco created (Cinema standard) ANSI contract of a projector will be 100,000:1 and the CSMS (real world numbers) will be 330:1 yet it has some of the best contrast I have ever seen in a projector.

In other words dynamic and absolute contrast is BS and each manufacturer bends the rules the way they see fit.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #818 of 1272 Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 AM

Expectations of the X1000

Its a mixed bag of feelings surrounding this projector.
We have the high end vs the low end spectrum of the market both looking to see if this projector is any good.

So far for me, this has blown away my expectations of the X1000, Ive had more usage in these few weeks/months of than some people get in a year on their regular projectors.

With regular main stream projectors; of course people want to look after their stuff, put as little stress on their equipment as possible, perhaps skip the end of movie credits to preserve a few precious minutes of their lamp life.

I`m not sure how the X1000 will stack up to the competition, but i will say with this projector i`ve never felt more relaxed.
My old projector i would switch it off immediatly after watchng a film, but with this projector i`ve never felt more at ease, having the luxoury of leaving it on for hours, whilst i`m doing other things around the house.

How the picture quality will be? i`m unsure,, for me its 1080p resolution so speaks volumes.I really would love a decent screen to try this on, the material on the screen i have now can be seen in some scenes giving the PQ a fuzzy effect.
With my limited equipment i probably dont get the best picture as i could, but its still pretty darn good.

Laredo mentioned before about the big conspiracy, and i`m pretty much inclined to his beliefs.

Manufacturers are always trying to get extra money out of us, (printer ink cartridges for one!), they make things more expensive than they should be + replacment this & replacement that, every little thing to squeeze more cash out of us every year; but hey thats just business.

As a money saver and on a budget, one of the best buys ive had was a eizo monitor which ive still got, is really old now but it is LCD runs using only 29 watts! (this was before the global warmng stuff of 2003) There been alot of great technology out for many years, but alot of it disappears, usually being bought out by a mainstream company and then they consign it to a dusty shelf never to see the light of day.

Even something like the casio LED green slim, is hit and miss yes 120w on eco mode, but in normal mode runs at 275w and is only 720p. I dont think there is any 1080p projector that can match the X1000 160watts.

I only mention this as the cost of living has gone up, and the huge hike in my electicity bill.

$200 for a replacement 60,000 bulb is a beautiful thing.
Even if the 1080p PQ doesnt live upto some peoples expectations, in this case its not quality its quantity (tho they do balance out nicely here)

For the most part of this forum discussion, I think its fair to say, alot of peoples expectations in general have been surpassed.
post #819 of 1272 Old 07-07-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone heard if there are service menus that a user can get to by using codes?

I am trying to convince a friend to buy this pj over a MITS HC4000 and maybe over the Benq W6000, but only if there are more controls.

If He does he will let me benchmark, calibrate it and review it. I have Calman 4.2.2 with an Calman (LED) enhanced i1-Pro so I should be able to get some good measurements.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #820 of 1272 Old 07-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

Has anyone heard if there are service menus that a user can get to by using codes?

Apparently so... PSG confirms

Quote:

Regarding the service menu, Hans said "yes. when you have it ,you will know", and I'll hold him to that promise. He does understand what I am after.

post #821 of 1272 Old 07-07-2011, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I was hoping he had heard from Hans about the codes and he or you had gotten into it. This way I could see what is adjustable.

David

post #822 of 1272 Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM

@ sellmejunk what would you say would be the maximum screen size that you would be willing to use this unit at? if you could toss out your own personal judgements at lighting conditions for near total darkness and office lighting scenarios that would be great!

david
post #823 of 1272 Old 07-08-2011, 05:05 PM

I`m very much limited for space as I live in a tiny apartment.
The maximum size ive projected is 96" due to lack of space but have settled for 78" only because i cant move my couch any further back.
The image is bright enough for ambient lighting, i have 2 x 40 watt equivilant desktop lamps with shades in my living room.
The manual says it can do 600" but cant really comment; though I`m sure in complete darkness you could project 160" -200" comfortably.
post #824 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 04:49 AM

Without sounding premature, i dont think there is service menu, as i sent hans a message "asking how to access advanced colour controls though service menu"

Perhaps i didnt explain it right or it didnt translate well, but he just directed me on how to use normal color menu via remote, which is basic I knew already.

Ive sent another message about it, but may not hear back until after weekend.

Really i`m quite satisfied with the i1display 3 calibration, so its not necessary that i know, however i`m curious as to PSG`s status, he must have received his by now?

I know PSG asked this question, i hope he got a better answer than i did..

The X-rite i1display pro gives me decent color Lut file and is good enough so wont be going down the enthusiast route but for those perfectionists it sounds like your gonna need to get a DVDO duo or lumagen radiance or Video EQ to get that perfect picture.
post #825 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

Without sounding premature, i dont think there is service menu, as i sent hans a message "asking how to access advanced colour controls though service menu"

Perhaps i didnt explain it right or it didnt translate well, but he just directed me on how to use normal color menu via remote, which is basic I knew already.

Ive sent another message about it, but may not hear back until after weekend.

Really i`m quite satisfied with the i1display 3 calibration, so its not necessary that i know, however i`m curious as to PSG`s status, he must have received his by now?

The X-rite i1display pro gives me decent color Lut file and is good enough so wont be going down the enthusiast route but for those perfectionists it sounds like your gonna need to get a DVDO duo or lumagen radiance or Video EQ to get that perfect picture.

I would be pretty certain that there is a service menu, but service access is not some thing that a lot of companies want people to have access to. Very easy to mess up your projector, when messing with the service menu. The question is not if it has a service menu. The question is: What CMS is available in the service menu?
post #826 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
psg

Quote:

, however i`m curious as to PSG`s status, he must have received his by now?

It arrived, I plugged it in and turned it on, but before I could position and focus it, I had to leave it to answer the phone.

Twenty minutes later I returned and it was dead - blown fuse. It's on it's way back to China, and Hans said they'll pay the shipping cost. It was mighty warm up there --- my air conditioning was dead.

I'm still eager to get a chance to play with it, and based on my conversations with Hans I'm confident they'll make it right.
post #827 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:

It arrived, I plugged it in and turned it on, but before I could position and focus it, I had to leave it to answer the phone.

Twenty minutes later I returned and it was dead - blown fuse. It's on it's way back to China, and Hans said they'll pay the shipping cost. It was mighty warm up there --- my air conditioning was dead.

I'm still eager to get a chance to play with it, and based on my conversations with Hans I'm confident they'll make it right.

ouch - It sounds like shoddy engineering / hit or miss if you get a working unit, then the pain of sending it back to the other side of the world.

2 owners with 2 bum projectors isn't a confidence builder. At least when you get a bum Epson, they are right over in NJ and will keep sending you new units overnight until you get a good one.

It's a shame Epson doesn't just build the LED's in the 8xxx chassis. This way we wouldn't have to consider buying something from a no-name company with questionable reliability.

good luck with the replacement, please let us know how you make out.
post #828 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 09:26 AM
psg

Yes, we'll just have to see. So far, I'm amazed at how easy it is to do business directly with CRE. The shipping delays are quite short 3 to 5 days, and I've been chatting with Hans in real-time via Skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

ouch - It sounds like shoddy engineering / hit or miss if you get a working unit, then the pain of sending it back to the other side of the world.

2 owners with 2 bum projectors isn't a confidence builder. At least when you get a bum Epson, they are right over in NJ and will keep sending you new units overnight until you get a good one.

It's a shame Epson doesn't just build the LED's in the 8xxx chassis. This way we wouldn't have to consider buying something from a no-name company with questionable reliability.

good luck with the replacement, please let us know how you make out.

post #829 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:

Yes, we'll just have to see. So far, I'm amazed at how easy it is to do business directly with CRE. The shipping delays are quite short 3 to 5 days, and I've been chatting with Hans in real-time via Skype.

perhaps you can ask them to burn it in for a few days to make sure it's a solid unit they are sending? I think it would be worth the wait to be sure.
post #830 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 12:24 PM

thank you SMJ and everyone else who has been cntributing to this thread. It's unfortunately making my PJ buying very hard...and I was hoping you all could chime in a little.

I bought a Casio Laser XJ-M250 (3000 lumen 2011 model from their signature series). It's my first PJ. For a screen, I bought the Camp Chef 120" outdoor screen to use for now before I get a nicer screen. From what I read, the quality of the Camp Chef is adequate. Regarding my Casio...I've found its PQ to be a slight letdown. The blues just really don't come out with the current laser tech. On the bright side, It can get BRIGHT, but I guess I would be using my PJ mostly in evening light settings.

My slight unhappiness with my Casio had me looking at this thread. I had an affinity for the Casio for the long life laser lamp, and the CRE looks good too with its LED tech. My question for you guys is...am I comparing apples to oranges? I want a PJ that I can comfortably use whenever I want without worrying about running down the bulb, and I want good PQ. My main concerns with the CRE is how it would do in daytime versus the Casio. Casio's 3000 lumen claim probably hits 2500 in real life...what does the CRE's 3000 lumen claim amount to?

Any suggestions and comments including my purchasing logic are very VERY appreciated. I have to return my Casio by Monday If I'm not going to keep it.

Thanks Guys!
David
post #831 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
perhaps you can ask them to burn it in for a few days
if i remember, PSG requested this.

Quote:

Aw man sorry to hear that PSG, so what happened exactly.. the fan failed? fuse blown?

Out of curiousity,, did yours arrive from Hong Kong or from China?
initially my X1000 came from the Hong kong factory.
It was only after I returned it to M1 group head office in China that it came back 10x better. ( surviving the 40 mins in the hot box)

Sounds like their Hong kong factory have poorly skilled technicians.
On the Plus side at least you havent had to pay for the return shipping cost, and if its going China M1 group, i know they will make it very reliable.

Though a bad start, it still looks very positive, apart from waiting a little longer you havent lost anything.
One thing for sure you cant fault their customer service.
post #832 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david7586 View Post
what does the CRE's 3000 lumen claim amount to?

Any suggestions and comments including my purchasing logic are very VERY appreciated. I have to return my Casio by Monday If I'm not going to keep it.

Thanks Guys!
David
The final lumen output is 800 according to CRE. ive learned from this thread that most projectors claim to be alot higher by quoting the bulb specs instead of the final output, so if the casio said 3000 lumen then the final output should be similar as the X1000 specs had it at 3000 lumen.

As for daytime, i can use my X1000 in daytime indoors if its a cloudy day and no sun is on the screen. Outdoor day time, probably not.
post #833 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

hong kong has been part of china from 97,there is probably only 1 factory.

Quote:
Though a bad start, it still looks very positive,
really?

Quote:
.what does the CRE's 3000 lumen claim amount to?
they claim 800 lumens

(fifth element)
post #834 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The final lumen output is 800 according to CRE. ive learned from this thread that most projectors claim to be alot higher by quoting the bulb specs instead of the final output, so if the casio said 2500 lumen then the final output should be alot lower than 800 as the X1000 specs had it at 3000 lumen.
it dont work that way... art over at projectorreviews.com got 2810 lumens out of a 3000 lumen Casio XJ-A250V(same light engine).The casios are flame throwers IMO,I own a 240 and 2 other 2500 lumen PJs for comparison.

(fifth element)
post #835 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 01:22 PM

Thank you smj,

I'm pretty sure the casio does get close to it's stated specifications per the link below

http://www.projectorreviews.com/casi...erformance.php

Regardless, I think I was asking the wrong question. I'm hoping the cre has enough lumens for afternoon use, but it's primary use would be in a home theater type setting.
post #836 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 03:57 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

The final lumen output is 800 according to CRE. ive learned from this thread that most projectors claim to be alot higher by quoting the bulb specs instead of the final output, so if the casio said 3000 lumen then the final output should be similar as the X1000 specs had it at 3000 lumen.

As for daytime, i can use my X1000 in daytime indoors if its a cloudy day and no sun is on the screen. Outdoor day time, probably not.

No most of the projectors will come close to the stated output. Epson usually exceeds the stated output. The problem is the picture is not watchable (for most projectors) in the max lumen output modes.
post #837 of 1272 Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol
post #838 of 1272 Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have owned about 8 or 9 projectors in the last 12 years starting with the Sony VPL-10 that I first read about on this forum. I have had 2 brand new Sony's both the VPL-11 & 12 brand new in the Box arrive DOA.

I have also had an Optima-11, DLP that was sent back to repair 5 times until they finally sent me an upgrade.

I always have a backup spare projector.

If the dealer takes care of it consider it part of the adventure of owning a home theater.

My current Epson 6500UB is going on its 3rd year and 2nd bulb without a hitch!

I have had some rotten service from the majors here in the USA. Even once I got a free upgrade if I agreed to make my posts positive here on AVS. So, yes they are concerned about what we say here a lot.

If CRE service is excellent, then I don't see a problem.
post #839 of 1272 Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 AM

My only concern is... if there was some white lies told.

PSG had asked them to to run it for 5-6 hours burn in.
If the projector has come from hong kong instead of China, then Hans couldnt have overseen this procedure.
Thats why I asked if it came from China as the head office/repair is overseen there.
Its good they are picking up the return costs, but seems that if someone wishes to order one they should ask that it be quality checked by requesting them to send it from hong kong to china 1st to be inspected before sending it to the customer. What a pain in the ass.
post #840 of 1272 Old 07-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

I have had 2 brand new Sony's both the VPL-11 & 12 brand new in the Box arrive DOA.

I have also had an Optima-11, DLP that was sent back to repair 5 times until they finally sent me an upgrade.

Wow!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page