CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

SG,

Thanks for the update. and the great compare. It is interesting from the pics, which I realize can be misleading, the CRE looks better in most of the situations. It does look like there is a little bit too much red in the picture as whites look tinited.

Is this my crappy work moniter or is this the way it looks to you as well?

Looking forward to more of your thoughts once you have the time.

thats the samsung the pics on the right

(fifth element)

Old 07-21-2011, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

oh and i agree the samsung looks better at this point(from these pics)

(fifth element)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Until SG & PSG get setup right, i though to include my latest pics from the ICM file i posted.
(*taken on the Cannon A470 (no tripod))

Torchwood on BBC HD broadcast in 1440x1080

Penn & Teller on ITV HD broadcast in 1440x1080

Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
SG,

The pics you posted: when looking at the screen which side is the CRE on and which is the Samsung on?

I thought you said the CRE screen shots are on the right and the Sam on the left.

Just making sure.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Old 07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Something does not look right here. When you show the projectors the CRE is on the right, but the projected image clearly shows the one on the right having a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Thanks for taking your time to post up the pics.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
Old 07-21-2011, 03:24 PM

if you look at SG`s last post theres a picture of the projector layout labelled setup it shows where the projectors are placed! lol

On SG`s screen, the bluish pictures on the left are the CRE and the reddish pictures on the right are the Samsung...
Old 07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

if you look at SG`s last post theres a picture of the projector layout labelled setup it shows where the projectors are placed! lol

On SG`s screen, the bluish pictures on the left are the CRE and the reddish pictures are the Samsung...

Ahh, yes, I see that now. So used to seeing a white CRE, didn't realize it was the black one.

@SG, you really should do some type of calibration. Rarely do projectors perform well out of the box.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
Old 07-21-2011, 03:36 PM

yeh i just noticed the samsung aspect ratio, black borders extend up the screen.whats up with that? well spotted jackson.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

that pj(the samy) is only 1024x768 4.3 AR its not even close to 1920x1080HD-it was the 1st lcd to use the pt120 led-very telling.

(fifth element)
Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Wow, in the side by side pics, the CRE definitely looks to have an awful black level (more of a gray level). Will be interesting to see some more side by sides after the CREs levels are set using a test disk or something.

Still confused? Read "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" thread!
-Dan

Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
psg

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My replacement X-1000 is "Out for delivery" and will be here sometime today.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I have to agree the screen shots of the CRE look very bad compared to the Sammy. The pictures are not as deep, blacks are gray, shadow detail is not as good etc. I though it was the other way around.

Hopefully setting the correct levels will improve the display. SMJ's looked to be much better set up.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
Old 07-22-2011, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLW View Post

Wow, in the side by side pics, the CRE definitely looks to have an awful black level (more of a gray level). Will be interesting to see some more side by sides after the CREs levels are set using a test disk or something.

For a black level freak they both look pretty bad, but it's to be expected with the panels they are using and no advanced light control system.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psg View Post

My replacement will be here sometime today.

fingers crossed everying thing runs smoothly. Look forward to your findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

The pictures are not as deep, blacks are gray, shadow detail is not as good etc.
Hopefully setting the correct levels will improve the display. SMJ's looked to be much better set up.

The X1000 on default i find the contrast is set too high.

i toned mine down to 18 from the 50 default.
i need to grab some sample palletes from (my new purchase) : Lost series 1 - 6 , & try another calibration run with the i1 display Pro.

Getting there...
Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM

x1000 Power Consumption

Much to my eco-freindly disappointment, i purchased a watt measuring device to see if it was 160watts, and the X1000 is registering 255watts
Old 07-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Firstly, the i1display pro has a lumen reading function. How accurate it is i dont know.. i held the i1 display pro with the diffuser on, up to the lens and gives me a 2667+ lumen reading.

Is that measurement taken with a full open bright white light or, a calibrated picture?

It is very impressive if it is correct?

Were your last sample photos taken with any ambient room lights on?
They sure are looking better!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 PM

Hmm scratch that comment, the i1display i`m experimenting with, it can take measurements for different things, but probably i took wrong measurement,
The x-rite software has some options to measure white point, & Luminance but nothing specific, it probably is 800 lumen.

There maybe a way to measure it with the i1display pro, but i probably went about it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo View Post

[i]

Were your last sample photos taken with any ambient room lights on?
They sure are looking better!

Yeah the new pictures do look alot better, they were taken in darkness with no ambient lighting. I using cropped screenshots from BD content and used pantone colour manager to extract the palletes into i1profiler for calibration, gives a decent result tho is very time consuming,
Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It may be my monitor but all the SMJ pics above Penn Teller etc look way to orange. Skin tones do not look correct but maybe the pics.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Hmm scratch that comment, the i1display i`m experimenting with, it can take measurements for different things, but probably i took wrong measurement,
The x-rite software has some options to measure white point, & Luminance but nothing specific, it probably is 800 lumen.

There maybe a way to measure it with the i1display pro, but i probably went about it wrong.

Yeah the new pictures do look alot better, they were taken in darkness with no ambient lighting. I using cropped screenshots from BD content and used pantone colour manager to extract the palletes into i1profiler for calibration, gives a decent result tho is very time consuming,

Yea man 2600 lumens would be burn your retinas bright. 800 is pretty close, in a fully dark room you would be surprised at how few it takes once your eyes are adjusted.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hans got back to me the cre cannot do 3d it supports 40 to 80hz only. I am glad I ordered a qumi now for 3d only.

Maybe in a future model I may buy cre.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 PM

wonder what happened to PSG`s delivery...
Old 07-24-2011, 07:04 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

wonder what happened to PSG`s delivery...

I was wondering the same thing. It has been two days.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:32 AM

This question is particularly for SG, but anyone can chime in of course on their thoughts =)

Hows does the CRE compare to the casio XJ-A140 in terms of picture quality. I am in teh process of RMAing a casio XJ-M250, which is largely the same as the A250 but bigger and more quiet. I've been looking at the CRE as an alternative purchase, but I am hoping for indication that this is a clear upgrade over the casio laser/led light engine.

Thanks!
David
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 AM

Hi All….
Apologies for the delay in responding…extra long weekend with my girls ( love the 106” screen) & catchup here at work…

Hi rovingtravler…thanx…appreciate the support…as is true with all else in life…its all in the ‘eye of the beholder’…& granted a ‘pic is worth a 1K words’…I’ll endeavor to put forth the best I can with what I have to work with…
Hi SMJ…thanx for all your help & input, much appreciated…I’m running XP & I putzed with this the better part of Friday trying to dial it in with DTV…did reduce contrast…helped but did not eliviate the ‘juandice syndrom’ as I coin it….have some more pix from early Friday AM in total darkness…
To all…yes…the sam pix are on the rite & cre pix on the left…
Hi david7586…the casio I gave her last turkyday was viewed by me for bout 4 weekends…till xmas…way better then the x300 in every aspect…but unfortunately I can’t give you a first hand comparison to the x1000 at this time as she relocated outta new england in janurary after 2 years of being unable to secure a full time position at the salary she was getting at the company we met a decade ago which let her go after 3 decades of employment. 1 thing I’l add is that the x300 & the x1000 exhibit the same ‘jaundice syndrome’ as well as identical menus…very limited adjustability. Their hardware has improved as the x1000 pic is crisp, sharp vs a grainny x300…but their software i.e. menu control, is somewhat lacking compared to the other pjs I have….anyway…the pix…
Friday 7.22 early AM

At this point in time the X1000 is in the den beaming on a 92” pic on a behr silverscreen painted wall till my hi contrast grey 106” screen comes in this week from ebay, as the cre’s smallest image at the lowest zoom placed at 11’ from screen is bout 106”. Luckly the sammys image at the highest zoom at 11’ is also 106”. As I mentioned way earlier…the majority of my veiwing is from the DTV SatBox & as we all no…theres no ajusting the pic from it & as the cre’s minimal adjustments…especially hue & individual colors are not availible…I found twekking channel 5 to a veiwable image…then changing to any other channel would give different image quality with respect to color reproduction…especially skin tones (pasty)…enter the juandice effect…dial that channel in the best I could…change to another & same senario…which should not be….exasperating to say the least. Hoping the grey screen will aid with blacks & bandage the skin tone issue…we’ll see…stay tuned.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 AM

Thank you VERY much SG for the huge post. We all appreciate your efforts, and SMJ and PSG for everything else they have provided too!

I'm getting close to purchasing a CRE-X1000NXL. The NXL is the same model that SMJ purchased, and is the more expensive model (1600 USD vs the 1500 USD NXS Model). I just feel as if I'm getting "cold feet" as I'm about to drop 1700 USD to ship a lesser-known brand projector that hasnt gotten enough reviews...

My concerns are the black levels and contrast ratio, as they were the reason why I sent the Casio XJ-M250 back. Now, it seems like color calibration without a DVDO edge, PC, etc isn't the best.

Currently, I'm awaiting more information from any of the CRE owners, and their own takes on the unit. It seems SMJ is a pretty happy owner, which is good news. I can't wait to see how this thread unfolds!

SG, if you don't mind me asking, where are you in New England? I thought I could be the first AVS forum member to own a CRE in New England, but you beat me to it...maybe I can be the first in Massachusetts...=p
(Edit: I just saw under your profile name. Haha, drats you beat me to it. First in NE and in MA haha)

Edit: I'm sorry to hear about the job situation after such a long stay. For a lack of better words...that really sucks...
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM

Thxs for the update SG, it always great to see pics

Mine is the x1000-HT.

Yeh if your on a budget like me, see if you can get the x-rite idisplay pro, the colors can be improved somewhat.
I`m hoping someone plugs the X1000 into a radiance or dvdo duo, as i know i`m limited by having a PC LUT/ ICM file.
Ive been playing around with the 1display pro so may take some more pics later, using a higher contrast and saturation and running another calibration run.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Thank you for the clarification SMJ. CRE is only offering me the option of the NXS and NXL, so I made the assumption that the NXL was the same as yours (oops)

Below are the specs for the NXL. SMJ, are these specs the same as yours?

Luminus PT120 Red/Green/Blue LED*3
60,000Hours
1920*1080 Real Full HD 1080P
3,000 lumens
100,000:1
F#2.0 ,Zoom 1.0-1.3 ,Optical Zoom 1.3X
HDMI*2, VGA ,S-Video , Composite A/V , 3RCA
16:9 (default) / 4:3
Epson D7 0.74inch HTPS Module 3*LCD
AC 90-240V ,50-60Hz ,200W (Max)
Front/Rear /Ceiling mount/Desk
Vertical -100%~+100%
1.5-15M

22.5"-300" inch
0-45°C
318*248*88mm
3.5kg / 7.71lbs
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM

yep seems the same.. only difference is mine is heavier at 5 killograms + its using 256watts
Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

can anyone post the specs of the current models that are available. Either PDF, table, or list?

Trying to figure out what the options are.

Anybody hear from PSG as of late... hope he is just busy.

David

Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

the sammy even looks almost as crisp if not as crisp and brighter.SG do you feel lcd makes some of the gamut to be less compaired to a a reflective chip?

(fifth element)

User Tag List