CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 33 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 1272 Old 07-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@SMJ

I don't believe I saw this anywhere, but could you tell us what is within the "COLOR TONE" menu option under picture. I'm referencing this from the PDF manual you provided early on in this thread.

Basically, I really like how the samsung f10m outputs colors and I'm hoping I'm not stuck with the cool tones that the CREX1000 seems to sport by default. If possible, are you able to achieve a picture similar to SG's f10m pictures?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 1272 Old 07-28-2011, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
SMJ's setup was starting to look at lot better.

These new shots are not there yet.

I can't believe that washed out bluish look would make anybody happy?
Skin tones are either to red or faded to way to light it seems?

I'm sure the "tweaking" starts now to find out how to make the color pallets correct to D 65.

Bravo to the early adapters and we await for much more successful results!

I'm waiting for those jaw dropping color corrected new screen shots to pull the trigger still.
post #963 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 08:57 AM

The manual i posted is accurate. x1000 menus are basic, color tone options are normal, warm and cool, which have little effect.
HDMI gives brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness etc, and only on VGA cable do th extra RGB options pop up.
If you run it through a PC, the best option is to get a display calibrator like the i1display pro, which gives a much better picture LUT/ICM FILE tho still not perfect.
I think the only way to were going to see jaw dropping pictures is if someone hooks this up through a DVDo duo/radiance or videoEQ.
post #964 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 PM
psg

Liked: 11
Sorry this is so delayed -

I received the replacement projector and popped it into place.

While it was bright enough on my 160" Da-Lite High-Power screen, the black levels were awful, and there was either too much chromatic aberration or pixel mis-registration or both for me to be happy with it.

Reds were off on one side, and blues were off on the other. I dialed brightness and contrast and ALL of R, B & G down to ZERO, and still the black was very damn bright.

It's very, very disappointing, since I would prefer something powered by LEDs, not a UHP lamp.
post #965 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
sorry to hear that.

I guess my friend will be getting a MITs HC4000 as it looks like everyone here has had to do a fair amount of work to get a usable and sometimes not so usable image or working projector.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #966 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Also sorry to hear that.
Thank you for saving me the trouble you went thru.

I think they are close and I hope to see this perfected in the next year or two.
post #967 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg View Post

While it was bright enough on my 160" Da-Lite High-Power screen, the black levels were awful, and there was either too much chromatic aberration or pixel mis-registration or both for me to be happy with it.

Reds were off on one side, and blues were off on the other. I dialed brightness and contrast and ALL of R, B & G down to ZERO, and still the black was very damn bright.

It's very, very disappointing, since I would prefer something powered by LEDs, not a UHP lamp.

thanks for the summary. I was hoping someone with an HP screen and previous projector experience would pick one up and comment.

The Red / Blue uniformity issues sounds typical of the lower end Epson panels. With no dynamic iris, it's not hard to imagine the black levels being this weak. People send back 4-5 Epsons until they get one with decent convergence, so another area i'm not surprised at.

I use the QUMI LED projector on my 2.8HP and it works well for watching quick TV shows or kids movies. I only use the JVC now for critical bluray viewing or 3D BD's.

hopefully we'll see a trend of the LED's in the under 3k market with the IQ we expect from some of the better known models.
post #968 of 1272 Old 07-29-2011, 08:20 PM

sorry psg that this happened to you =( Are you returning the unit for a refund or are you getting another replacement?
post #969 of 1272 Old 07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
psg

Quote:
Originally Posted by david7586 View Post

sorry psg that this happened to you =( Are you returning the unit for a refund or are you getting another replacement?

Sent it back for a refund.

======================

Refund received.
post #970 of 1272 Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by psg View Post

Hi all, been lurking in an out of this thread for a while. I am a bit confused?? I thought that PSG had the Cre x1000 and it went back much in the same way as SMJ's unit had. Could somebody splain to me where the UHP lamp came into the picture??

Bohanna
post #971 of 1272 Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

this brand of led Pj was disappointing for him
Quote:

(fifth element)
post #972 of 1272 Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 AM
psg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Hi all, been lurking in an out of this thread for a while. I am a bit confused?? I thought that PSG had the Cre x1000 and it went back much in the same way as SMJ's unit had. Could somebody splain to me where the UHP lamp came into the picture??

Bohanna

I really wanted to love the X-1000, but despite having the right list of components to be capable of a good image, I just don't think that the details of their implementation are there yet, and since nobody else has a similar product yet, I'll probably go with the new Panasonic AE7000, when it appears.

It's a damned shame, since CRE seems to be easy to deal with despite being so far away. The returned projector has made it back to China, but isn't in customs yet; while I do not expect any difficulties with the refund, I suppose time will tell, and I'll report back.

I think part of the problem here is that this is CRE's first attempt to move out of the very low-end market, and into the home-theater market. Based on their responsiveness and honest dealing so far, I could see trying again in the future, should they make some improvements.

==========================================

Refund received.
post #973 of 1272 Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Kinda confirmed my suspicions from the get go that this thing is priced about 1,000 dollars to high.

They need to either get epson's nicer panels and add in a system for modifying the brightness of the LED's per frame... or they need to knock the price off of this thing.
post #974 of 1272 Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM

PSG, did you give them advice on how to improve the PJ, this could be a good opportunity with your technical knowledge.
How did they react when you told them of the issues.
post #975 of 1272 Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I have just discovered this thread. A very interesting read and very informative. However I was quite a bit put off by psg's experiences. Now I just wondering whether his model's huge chromatic aberration is caused by inferier optics?

SMJ, I think you've got the HT version which has the better optics. Would you mind take a look on the corner softness (every lense has soft corners even on Canon L), are they a lot less sharp then the center? I have seen a video on a Luxcine test and its corner is very very blur, almost like out of focus by a long way.

You can simply display some texts at the four corners and compare to center.
post #976 of 1272 Old 08-13-2011, 08:22 AM

central is sharp, the weakest corner is bottom right looks slightly out of focus. The other corners look fine.
post #977 of 1272 Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Thanks. That's no worse than I expected.
post #978 of 1272 Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 AM

Hi All.apologies for the long absencejust wanted to put some serious hrs on it.

In response to above.thanx SMJ & david7586. psg sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with it ..with minimal adjustability in HDMI, I doubt ever dialing in cable/sat content on x1000 to sammys f10m levelsmj has a better chance with PC & software tweeking.anyway.

106 HC Gray Screen arrived Thursday 7.28took a 3day weekendhad screen assembled & hung by noon Fridayextremely pleased with construction & final product!
Watched DTV all that weekendfinally dialed in a watchable image with User' modecontrast @ 25, brightness @ 51, Hueunfortunately non adjustable in HDMI ;-( , Saturation @ 46 & sharpness @ 47.gave the best' 1080 image with regards to skin tones, regardless of station being viewed. The other 3 preset' modes are Soft' with all above set to 45 (which is the only other I'll use, depending on content shown) Standard' all above set to 50 & Dynamic' all @ 55.

Okbetween 3-3day weekends & 2 weeks in between I've managed to put approx 200 hrs on it +/-weekends running 12-15hrs a day & weekdays 6-10hrs a nite, depending on work hrs. As I recollect SMJ stating early onthe more hrs it ranthe better the pic seemed to getwhich I can now agree with to some extent.

This past weekend watched a few BD's off HTPC, Ironman2, Transformer2 (PDVD 7.3 -ISO), Tron2, Battle LA (SPLASH PRO-Folder), & was pleased that the User mode followed to HTPC providing a good pic , especially skintoneswas abit under the weather.just wanted to relax & watch some nu flixso no pixapologies.

With regards to all above pix which were taken with a GE A1455 I picked up off Egg last Xmas (on sale & w/promocode & bundled with SD card & case) after giving my Nikon L12 to my daughter....i now have a OlympusVG120 after comparing pix taken of my granddaughter 2 weekends ago & finding out that the GE displayed extreme graininess compared to the same pix of her with the Nikon.so all pix below are with the VG120 which I just got from Egg last Monday.hopefully offer a better pic then above

ContentagainBean town news channels as I have found them to offer a crisp 1080 image & their always availablerepeatably.. (Fox is 720p & with abit softer' image)....settings...User mode as above...color tone - cool...

Tuesday 8.9 early AM, User Mose, VG120 Auto, shot standing to the left

Tuesday afternoon, User, VG120 Auto, shot standing to the left

Tuesday afternoon, User, Auto & now sitting in recliner

Wednesday early AM, User, Manual-ISO @ 1600sitting with elbows firmly planted in recliner arms for hopefully steadiest pix

few pix from newscast.same channelsame 1/2hr

A few commercials

& last ...but not leastthe reason why I contacted Mr. Hans on 8.15 early AMwith less than a month of ownership & with approx 200hrs on itthe dreaded yellow band o baked LCD on the left-hand side of the screenfaint& only visible in lite/white background screen shots.F'N ouch! I was hoping to be exempt from this 'situation' ....CREs batting a thousand now...

I have also experienced the image flicker' on both HDMI's #1 is DTV & #2 is HDHTPC, as of lateso unfortunately I am now in league with all else who have owned an X1000 with these 2 issues' that have reared their butt ugly heads. ;-( !

8.16 AM....Ok.just got a response from Mr. Hans.wants pix & vids of yellow stripe as well as flicker so his engineers can ascertain problem for a solutionhmmm.only way to resolve this for me is to return it & f'n fix it!

anyway....will let you know how all this pans out....
post #979 of 1272 Old 08-22-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Bohanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

PSG, did you give them advice on how to improve the PJ, this could be a good opportunity with your technical knowledge.
How did they react when you told them of the issues.

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone for all the valuable information. I guess I was the first one to Buy CRE X100-HT. I am from Australia and I was leasing with Mr Hans before It came to market. I was looking for LED projector with 1080p Native resolution. I found their details on Ali baba. I took the risk and order on 22 January and got my item on 27th Jan 2011. When I start it it looks fine then It start getting yellow on middle and the yellow was getting bigger. in five minutes the yellow took over whole screen. took of the HDMI out from the PC . I can see the yellow getting smaller and the screen back to blue and I can see the 3 LED logo. Then I put the HDMI again the I see rthe same problem. Yellow getting bigger and eating my projector screen. Then I tried with VGA but same result. Then I plugged it to my PS3 no better. I email Mr Hans . He asked for picture and video clip to show it to his Engineer. He offer me to send it item back and refund my money. The customer service been very great. He also offer me if I ever want he will give me discounted price.
I am thinking about it again. Should I buy it? SMJ and Bohanna seems very expert on this. especially Bohanna guessed this problem before SMJ mention about it. They have newer version witch is CRE 1000 NXS with short thowghing distance.

I have made the youtube video for mr CRE on that time. You guys are welcome to advice about the issue.

As you guys can see from the video The Green temp goes to 76. Is that normal?
I am unable to sent the url for youytube as this forum blocking me to do so as I am new to this forum
post #980 of 1272 Old 08-22-2011, 04:16 AM

/watch?v=sWjVcmZXFi8

need to add www.youtube.com before
post #981 of 1272 Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I think it would be a big gamble and the fact that the colors and real contrast are still pretty bad for this price point. The main feature is the LED light engine and not having to buy a bulb, however, is that worth the poor contrast and bad color representation?

I do not believe so, but it is up to you.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #982 of 1272 Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumon75 View Post

Hi All,

The customer service been very great. He also offer me if I ever want he will give me discounted price.
I am thinking about it again. Should I buy it? SMJ and Bohanna seems very expert on this. especially Bohanna guessed this problem before SMJ mention about it. They have newer version witch is CRE 1000 NXS with short thowghing distance.

First off I am no expert on this projector however I am pretty knowledgeable about LCD projector in General and the weak link with the 3 LCD models has always been the Blue screen/polarizer due to the High amount of UV light the UHP and Metal halide lamps produce and the way the blue panel's light path filters this spectrum of light. The red and green panels don't suffer from this as they don't seem to offer the same filtering resistance to the intense light bombardment that occurs in the blue panel. Weather it is an actual blue panel or a heavily colored Blue filter the result seem to be about the same. Once the panel begins to break down it is just a matter of time before the ENTIRE panel fails in a slow but steady snow balling effect. I believe that this is the reason the folks at Cre can ship a unit that functions well with them at their factory but that eventually breaks down much... much... much sooner than anticipated. The two main things that I believe makes this projector so desirable is the lifetime LED and the high rated lumen output which they advertise. Both are a bit misleading. If they can work out this panel burn issue they will have nice machine for the price that will work well for about 80% of the General market. It may involve using an inorganic blue panel if they can get one from Epsom along with a better cooling system as heat is another serious issue with projectors. Until this is done I beleive the design defect in this projector defeats the main reasons people buy it in the first place. If I owned one I would NOT LET IT RUN for long stretchs at a time. I would shut it down after 5 or 7 hours and let it cool for a bit especially since it has clearly been shown that the burns happen after prolonged hours of use.

I hope this helps

Bohanna
post #983 of 1272 Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 PM

Thanks Guys..

Did you have change to look at my Video
it on
youtube.com
/watch?v=sWjVcmZXFi8

Do you reacked it is purely design issue? Is it restifiable by CRE. Is the new model got it fixed? does anyone using NXS or how SMJ is going with his Pj? It seems like they have change their Watt from 298 to 200W (Max)..
post #984 of 1272 Old 08-23-2011, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Saw the video. I would say they have made the contrast better, but that one had really poor contrast. The other changes they made had nothing to do with the Blue filter or panel. They made it cheaper for the most part. and overdrive the LEDs in one version to get more light.

Considering the LEDs can draw almost that much power when overdriven, just like almost all of their specs, I do not believe any of it.

I have a high end LED projector and most of their stated specs are not real projector specs they are the component specs which is a total different animal.

David

post #985 of 1272 Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 AM

Hi guys,

I have been following this thread for quite some time now. It has been ages ago since SMJ has posted anything. Does anybody know something about him? I am just interested to know if his projector is still working fine after he got it back from Hans.
post #986 of 1272 Old 09-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belrex View Post

Hi guys,

I have been following this thread for quite some time now. It has been ages ago since SMJ has posted anything. Does anybody know something about him? I am just interested to know if his projector is still working fine after he got it back from Hans.

Ditto , It would be nice to see if the Burnt Blue LCD screen issue has been cleared up. If it has,,,,,, my only other concern would be if there is ANY way to get a build/MOdel with an INorganic versions of the Panels installed. If that can be done it looks like this machine is a true winner in this price range!!

Bohanna
post #987 of 1272 Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

Projector is still going stong, Mid October time i will post more as by then will have a videoeq+ calman 4 software+ spectracal oem i1display pro. I was lucky to pickup a 2nd hand videoeq for a great price, tho need to save up a little more cash, then once i get the spectracal meter it will synch upto the videoeq and do an auto calbration giving me 21 point calibration of 1024 points compared to xrite i1profilers software of 256 points. Sadly i have the xrite retail i1displaypro which i need to sell so i can get the spectracal version.
post #988 of 1272 Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM

If you wish to follow the calibrating process you can follow this thread
i need some VideoEq experts.
post #989 of 1272 Old 10-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Old issue addressed
X1000 progress. CRE wrote

I have consulted with our chief engineer , he says that we have solved the yellow problem.
Frankly ,for yellow problem ,it only happend on the first-batch X1000 projectors such as yours and first X1000's buyer Mr R from Australia.

The reason cause yellow problem : The distance between LCD panel and Greed led bulb is a little close ; and the air cooling system wasn't optimum.

The solution for yellow problem : make the distance a little bigger , and improve the inner structure so that air cooling system can really act perfectly.

Thank you so much for your time on X1000 improvement suggestion . We are working hard to make X1000 much better than before.

Thanks for your support .
post #990 of 1272 Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Did I call this right on the money or what??

Bohanna,

The reason cause yellow problem : The distance between LCD panel and Greed led bulb is a little close ; and the air cooling system wasn't optimum.

The solution for yellow problem : make the distance a little bigger , and improve the inner structure so that air cooling system can really act perfectly.

Thank you so much for your time on X1000 improvement suggestion . We are working hard to make X1000 much better than before.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page