CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 38 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1272 Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

The next question is the gamma curve... is it setable and if not what is it set at? 2.2, 2.0, 2.35, 2.5?

I don't see any setting directly labeled gamma curve, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not there. As to what it's set at, I'm not sure, from what I've read, it sounds like you'd need equipment I don't have in order to find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1272 Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Dave,

What part of the world are you in? I am Denver, CO.

Most likely there is no Gamma correction or adjustment. Also as stated and I was talking about as well, is the 6 point color adjustment for gamut is not there. For the price point most projectors have at least a 3 color and most have a 6 color CMS. The 1500 dollar HC-4000 has this color temp and gamma (limited though)

The fact that these controls are in the service menu and not part of the regular menu harks back tot he days of the manufacturer is always right, and they are not in this case. Hopefully they make adjustments and soon include these controls for all.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #1113 of 1272 Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm in the Central Florida Region.

I agree completely that many of these controls should also be in the regular menu rather than the not so "secret" service menu, at any rate, I'm glad that they are indeed at least accessible.

Here's some pics of pretty much the full service menu tree and options:

Main Screen

Pic Mode

Color Temp

Sound Mode

Eeprom

Non-Linear Menu

Non-Linear Volume

Non-Linear Brightness

Non-Linear Contrast

Non-Linear Saturation

Non-Linear Sharpness

Non-Linear Hue

Non-Linear Bass

Non-Linear Treble

Multi-Language

SSC Setting

VD NonStandard

Other Options

Inner Pattern
post #1114 of 1272 Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

any idea what most of them do?? I see things I would not expect to see on a prjector.. i.e. LVDS and memory speed...

setting some these the wrong way will lead to a projector that may not turn on or display.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #1115 of 1272 Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 PM

unfortunately no, so far i've only played around with the pic mode, color temp, and the patterns. I am, however, very curious about the "non-linear" menu settings.
post #1116 of 1272 Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Relooking at these menus it might be able to do at least a 3 point CMS gamut with hue, sat, brightness. of course trebble and bass scare me a little.

David

post #1117 of 1272 Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Anybody having this projector - PLEASE! JUST OPEN THE CASE AND MAKE SHOTS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD!
post #1118 of 1272 Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Most people are unwilling to open a brand new projector or ANY projector under warranty as most companies will not honor the warranty of an opened projector.

Hans sent photos to SMJ and they were posted in this thread. If you look bad they may still be in here.

A side question: What will an inside photo help with?

David

post #1119 of 1272 Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM

Here's the link to those pics http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post20539001

also, looks like some projector company from finland opened theirs up as well and took some video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86gGrbcmbFI
post #1120 of 1272 Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post

Anybody having this projector - PLEASE! JUST OPEN THE CASE AND MAKE SHOTS FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...307577&page=19

(post #568)

Your welcome,,, Thats 15 minutes I'm NEVER going to get back!!!!

Bohanna
post #1121 of 1272 Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:

A side question: What will an inside photo help with?

I want see cooling scheme.

Thanx for the linx. I was not impressed by cooling. Just only one fan for only 1 of 3 powerful diodes. Probably other 2 radiators should be cooled by separate fans (and looks like there is free place for them). The most sensitive parts are - electronics board and LCD matrices. It is not cooled at all. In Samsung SP-F10M there are same 3x PT120 diodes but there is special fan for matrices. Overheating greatly reduces LCD life time and damages other electronics.

So long time came since these projectors appeared first. People talk about them around but I still cannot find any professional review. Did anybody make some measurements? Real light output, contrast, noise level?

Anybody run this projector for long time? Any color or other distortions after thousands of hours?
post #1122 of 1272 Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

SMJ, the guy that started this thread ran his for a long time and burned a Blue polarizer if I remember the color correctly. Hans said they moved the LED further area on future models.

David

post #1123 of 1272 Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM

Does anyone of the owners tried it with an external processor such Lumagen radiance??? (since i have it...)
Or Eecolor to boost LED's color as it happens with the VANGO????

Thanks
post #1124 of 1272 Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

The EE is a non linear 3d LUT box. The 100% of a color is still 100%, but 20% of say a red input is boosted to 25% these are just example numbers.

For the actual numbers there is a thread in the calibration forum where Calman 5 was used to show the boosted vs normal levels.

I think with a Lumagen it would be much better as long as the adjustments range is enough.

You have a lum or the pj?

David

post #1125 of 1272 Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
how is this compared to Qumi ?
and how is color accuracy and game lag?
post #1126 of 1272 Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 PM

if you're interested in a lower cost and resolution display, with long lamp life, the qumi q2 might be the LED projector for you, honestly i don't know much about it other than its native resolution (1280x800), which is NOT 1080p , vs the CRE-X1000 which IS native 1080p (1920x1080).

Here's a quick visualization of the different screen real estate sizes pulled from snapshot.com
http://snapsort.com/learn/movie-capa...ison-large.gif

of course, it depends on the size of your screen and how far you are from it on whether or not the additional pixels will be noticeable or not to you when watching a movie.

perhaps others here can chime in on some of the other differences.
post #1127 of 1272 Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Here's a few shots I did on an input lag test, The CRE-X1000 didn't seem to have any input lag at all compared at least to the Westinghouse LCM-22w2 I had handy to do the test. I had to use the flash to get the numbers legible, even though it whites the projector out quite a bit, the numbers on the wall are still quite readable.

and

post #1128 of 1272 Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Excellent.
I have LG HW300t which is a great jump from TV,great image quality and great in playing movies and games. But im interested in upgrading to full HD projector with higher lumens. Money isnt sn issue. Should i buy this or should i wait for an upgraded version or another brand?
post #1129 of 1272 Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM

I just did a few quick sample vids of some gameplay with the CRE-X1000PX using trackmania, live it looks amazing, unfortunately the webcam I used for the video is not ideal.

post #1130 of 1272 Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 AM

The first two videos were low quality due to the webcam, here's a better quality recording filmed in 1080p. Videos are a little different with the new forum so you'll want to manually adjust the youtube video resolution.

Also, you'll notice the audio is recorded in this one, the camcorder is positioned directly to the left of the chair I'm sitting in and the projector is positioned directly to the right. Both are less than 6 inches from the chair in opposite directions. While you can clearly hear the clicking of the keyboard as the game is played, the hum of the projector is nearly inaudible.
post #1131 of 1272 Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM

I havent looked at this thread for awhile,

Just to be clear the reason for the controversial nature of this projector is the price vs perfection. To buy perfection you have to spend lots of money upwards to 3k to 20k in these instances of a Hi Quality projector. The CRE X1000 is pretty good value for money, but its not without its faults and its thats its far from perfection that comes with the large price tag Vs Affordability, Usage & lamplife,

Since the last incident the projector has been running fine getting 4-8 hours a day, no dimming, stays cool. The fan is fine gets regular dust vaccum, the filter is easy to clean and reusable.

mine is the older model, from what i can see the new X1000 has a sort of CMS, and numbers referring to a color chart? I am curious to the new features of the new models.
I have had no issue with the projector since its repair many months ago, however i had a lack of sound on the HDMI. For me its a minor issue as I dont use the sound on HDMI because my computer runs the projector and the sound come from computer speakersThe picture is fine but i use a videoeq.After catching up with this forum and seeing the new features, i may send mine back under its warranty to fix the hdmi sound and pay for an upgrade iif they would allow it. If that is a real CMS then this could be gold.

Just to be clear quality costs alot, this is relatively an inexpensive projector, The benefits are great, your friends will be amazed, people will say lovely things to you, entertainment becomes more emotionally cinematic,, these things all of which can be enjoyed.

So the color is a little off, but all in impressive HD giving a 20k projector bloody good run for its money,
Even tho this projector has had its problems its been a new experience , a hobby, an obsession, the enjoyment to have that projector running happily for thousands of hours which i HAVE. if i have to pay 120$ a year to have it upgraded hopefully to a better calibrated model then this is a good deal.
If u want to spend lots of money on your short hours on an traditional bulb machine will never rack up the hours ive had on mine VS yours, and despite the repairs ive still spent less money than on a similar model projector or bulb.
hat i hear is has had some side effects, but as technology progresses, we are seeing better updates to the behemoth of the CRE X1000. Which despite its hiccups,has great mass appeal:D

I feel sorry for the video sports car, i know the picture is alot better than that clip is showing, i got drawn into taking pictures too, heck i almost spent 320$ on a camera to take a picture of the projection. You will never get a great video of a projection, you need an expensive camera to get its actual likeness,
post #1132 of 1272 Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 PM

sellmejunk, can you repost the photos from you review in this thread that got deleted (I'm especially interested in those of its insides) and also the English manual of the projector (you uploaded it to Megaupload which is unavailable)? Thanks in advance.
post #1133 of 1272 Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 AM

X1000 Manual English.pdf 953k .pdf file please note i have nothing to do with the company i am just an owner who happened to buy one last year, i dont have time to take new pictures etc as i gave back the camera i borrowed. Pictures of inside were sent to me by CRE, and the other 2 of operating temperature i took when borrowing mum`s camera.

dZoAl4C.th.jpg sUjBHoC.th.jpg fpICq6l.th.jpg
blIFILE031644p.th.jpg NClFILE0320eit.th.jpg
For some of my past screenshots theres some here

In reply to some questions i`ve had, people bought it through ali-baba portal however at the time i bought mine i used this website
http://www.crdzkj.com/indexen.htm
I found it the best site because it had e-mail info so u can send your questions direct to them. (best viewed with internet explorer)

The manual for my older model is found here in this post as an attachment (u have to login to avsforum to view it)

From what i can see as an owner, the reliability of the unit has improved, I have the older model without CMS, but from looking at this post their newer one seems to have something that looks likes a CMS.
I must admit i am puzzled , as the screenshots from bhch-dave still looks blueish, even though i informed CRE that their white point on the gamut was off.

I would suggest to those interested in enquiries to bombard e-mails to Hans and make sure you inform them of proper calibration techniques rec 709 , d65 color standards. I would quiz them intensely on this!.I cant see why they cant take the time to calibrate it before shipping it. That it probably my biggest issue and u need to clarify to them. If they can correct this issue, that would be awesome.
post #1134 of 1272 Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM

Just checked up on this thread as well SellmeJunk. I recently bought their CRE X1500 model. I have to say it's pretty good. My only concern was that when I turn it on the power lights flash back and forth red,green, red, green then it stays on green. I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid I honestly never noticed that before, maybe it's been doing that the whole time. The picture is decent as I'm not a home theater techie, I just happened to come upon this forum when I was researching the projector. I contacted Mr. Hans about this but as of Sunday he has not gotten back to me. I did send him a video clip of the flashing so hopefully he'll get back to me soon. From my original e-mails to Mr. Hans the X1500 model has worked out a lot of the kinks that the X1000 had such as the RGB lens burnouts. It also has a double fan and it doesn't really get all that hot. I use it mostly for presentations at school where I teach. It's light and portable and easy to set up also. If anyone has questions please feel free to contact me here.
post #1135 of 1272 Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM

Hi centrexboy, i didnt know what the x1500 was so looked it up, its a 720p, looks really small. http://www.projectorcentral.com/CRE-X1500.htm
Can u tell us about the picture quality? i`m curious to know when you purchased it, and if the picture is slightly blue? or if they have improved on it, thxs.
I`ll be sending back my x1000 to have the HDMI sound fixed, so curious to know if they can calibrate my colors whilst its there.
post #1136 of 1272 Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM

Hi SMJ, to be honest I use it mostly for school lessons. I bought it because unfortunately my room is bright and I needed something with better lumens to cut through the brightness. The colors seems balanced if that's the word, I also use it on a huge screen so the quality may not be as true as you would have it if it were smaller, although when I was first trying it out at home in my dining room and projecting to my wall it was projecting a smaller image, I'd say about 4 feet wide by 4 feet tall and the image from the Blu Ray was crystal clear and sharp. The unit itself is not that small, it weighs a nice 8lbs I'd say. It has double fans for cooling and according to Mr. Hans they worked out all the kinks that the X1000 had including the organic RGB burnout issue you previously had. The chips they use are still organic but it's been calibrated better? Pardon my use of the language as I've mentioned I'm not a big techie but my research brought me here. As far as my previously mentioned issue, Mr. Hans did get back to me. It took him a while as they had a national holiday in China and he couldn't get back to me immediately but, the red light green light flashing is normal As Mr. Hans response says:
Hi,Joseph:

Sorry for late reply,we are back from holiday. I have saw the both video . It proves ,the projector works fine .

Red: means "Power-in"
Red-Blue flash: means "Standby"
Blue: means " working normally ".
The projector you bought ,it can work at 90V-130V . You can read the manual which comes with the projector.

So it seems everything is fine.
post #1137 of 1272 Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrexboy View Post

I recently bought their CRE X1500 model. I have to say it's pretty good. My only concern was that when I turn it on the power lights flash back and forth red,green, red, green then it stays on green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centrexboy View Post

As far as my previously mentioned issue, Mr. Hans did get back to me. It took him a while as they had a national holiday in China and he couldn't get back to me immediately but, the red light green light flashing is normal As Mr. Hans response says:
Hi,Joseph:

Sorry for late reply,we are back from holiday. I have saw the both video . It proves ,the projector works fine .

Red: means "Power-in"
Red-Blue flash: means "Standby"
Blue: means " working normally ".
The projector you bought ,it can work at 90V-130V . You can read the manual which comes with the projector.
So it seems everything is fine.
You say Green, he says Blue. Which is it?
post #1138 of 1272 Old 10-21-2012, 05:21 AM

Hey, it's actually green. When it's powered off it stays red then when you turn it on the two lights flash back and forth red, green , red, green, and when the screen comes on it stays green. Sellmejunk, I actually had time during my lunch to sit in my classroom and watch a movie with it, as far as the blue goes the colors seem to be more balanced, the warm colors stand out and the cool colors are vivid. I will try to take a screen shot and post it here,
post #1139 of 1272 Old 10-24-2012, 12:02 AM

Liked: 12
I have the CRE X205 since 2010, although it has only 240 lumens & svga projector, still I enjoying it watching movies. It is sharp on its native resolution & I can manage the color by tweaking it thru my HTPC The picture quality is really improved by using Power dvd12 software than by using a standalone dvd player . I can also access the factory menu by pressing 1234. My room can only allowed a 92" projector screen, 16:9 aspect ratio in a light controlled environment. My experience with this unit can evaluate that CRE projectors are good, but every new technology always need an improvements.
post #1140 of 1272 Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM

I broke down and bought one of these cre x1000 projectors in September. So far here is my take on these.

Hans was very helpful up front to get the sale made and get the unit to me in Wisconsin pretty quickly (about 10 days)
Immediately upon receipt of the unit I had some concerns regarding the screen being GREEN when powered up. Apparantly this is normal along with the slight buzz.....It is in a projector cubby with an open air room behind it so you can't hear it when watching it.

The picture when watching TV in High Def is quite good. It took some adjusting to get the color just right though......in the advanced menu we had to raise red to 130, drop green to 112 and raise blue to 144 for accurate color duplication. This made the TV viewing even better.

Now I have to drop the ball a bit......the computer use of this projector is USELESS! If you want to do ANYTHING with your HTPC outside of watching TV or movies this isn't going to work for you. You can only get about half the screen in focus at a time and this is simply unnacceptible! I had to drop the resolution down to 1280x720 just to even try...and even then it was very blurry on one corner to about half screen no matter HOW you focus it.

When I contacted Hans about this issue his response to me was less than impressive....

"ME:(08:45:06):
why would some parts of the screen be in focus and other parts not in focus? I have many projectors at work (much lesser expensive) that do not have focus issues like this! I can't even read half the screen!

Reply View ContextCRE Hans:(08:50:27):
if the screen isn't complete ,please lower the resolution accordingly
please play some Full HD Cinema on Full HD projector

Reply View ContextCRE Hans:(08:51:39):
if you just connect Full HD projector with computer and show the text only ,we suggest you to try DLP projector
Our projector is for top rank home theater only
"

Ok...so the engineer I am figure it must be something else maybe crappy lenses? I also noticed that the housing itself that you adjust for screen size and focus is slightly loose. I noticed when adjusting the focus the screen image actually looks pretty good...as soon as you let go of the lens housing back to one corner being blurry.....could it just simply be a loose lens housing causing all my problems???

Others with this projector....how is your screen sharpness from corner to corner and top to bottom??.....is it uniform and crystal clear?? or do you have blurry zones where reading text is impossible??...... Be honest.!!!!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page