CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1272 Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys

i will share one good thinks every body listen carefully if you use 3d silver screen projector screen the quality is going to be excellent and so sharp like 3d
it doesnt mutter u use cre x1000 or cre x2000vx during day and night you can see excellent picture

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1272 Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Hey guys!

A time ago I get CRE x2000 PX and want to share some pictures. Later this or maybe next week I'll try to make a detailed review on it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60169681/CREx2000-preview.zip

Screen: Digis Optimal-C 180x180 MW / DSOC-1102

Camera: Canon PowerShot A3000 IS / Automatic mode

Video (720p) shots: MPCHC => DXVA => Intel HD Video (Celeron 1037U) => HDMI (video mode: 1920x1080@50hz)

post #1263 of 1272 Old 04-06-2014, 12:45 AM

Hello
How did you replace the fuse on the CREX1000? I sent it back for repair, and when it returned after a full test and pass, would not work at all. They said try replacing the fuse. However I am having difficulty in taking the top panel off. Is there a method or process that I can follow?

Any hints welcomed.
post #1264 of 1272 Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM

Liked: 11
The screws are at the bottom of the proj. The fuse is on the power board. But, if it berns out, it means, that power modul has a mulfunction. In moste cases main switching transistor is broken.
post #1265 of 1272 Old 04-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Yurik, as I can see, the same stupid linear regulator in power module, as in X1000, and a piece of **** instead of the lens. But white is much better. And I guess low light output, some about 300 ANSI lumens, real, not china.
post #1266 of 1272 Old 04-07-2014, 03:41 AM

Ledmaster, since I'm not an expert in digital projector at all, I can't argue with that. The only thing I may say, that the projector satisfies my simple needs for now. Maybe it would be enough to have HD (1280x720) projector, but there seems to be no any cheap model at market with lens shift.

About lumens, we have to turn on a dim light (~20W) while watching at the evening - it is too bright for me and my wife when twilight. We'll see how it goes when white nights comes to St. Petersburg =)

post #1267 of 1272 Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM

@ledmaster do you think it's easy/medium/hard to open up the projector and align the lcd panels of the CRE X1000, the one I has has like 2-3 pixel alignment issues betwen colors but mostly at the edges, so makes me wonder if it's not possible to fix.
post #1268 of 1272 Old 04-07-2014, 04:31 PM

Yes, my friend. I need to agree, that lens shift in both planes is a great oppotunity. And 300-400 lm real ANSI lumens is well enough light output for home utilization. May be a bit low only for 3D application. But your pixel photo shows huge chromatic abberation (this is not matrix displacement)., and this is due to low qualy of the main lens, for a pity.
post #1269 of 1272 Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM

Troyworks, no chances to "correct" matrixes in homeplace, beware of stupid advices. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1307577/lightbox/post/22693100/id/105705 (see #39 page). One pixel is abot several microns, and you can not achieve such level of prcision. And this is not all. There is also angle precision requirement, and so on...
By the way, as I admtitted to Yuri Tichomirov, this effect is not a displace, but a chromatic abberation of cheap main lens. To avoid that you should spend not less then a couple of thousends bucks on it.
post #1270 of 1272 Old 04-08-2014, 02:54 AM

Hi there,

You guys still speaking about this projector! btw i got too lazy and got other projects so i didn't do EDID flash, even tho i think some problems could be solved doing that. I've used this projector as a tv and used it to watch movies from computer, what i've noticed that the picture quality is worse if i've not done my custom resolution thing (to get rid of that overscan).

Yes picture quality can be slighly better if using the tricks i posted couple posts ago, (tho im not sure if u need to make custom driver too, im using my custom driver with the nvidia custom settings shown before to eliminate overscan and /magically/ improving picture quality).

Would i buy this projector again if i knew what i now know? Propably not there are couple reasons, it is an unfinished projector it could be average projector if the biggest problems would have been fixed.

Next thing wagon i think im gonna hop in is the Ultra-D Glasses Free Television, too bad that the projector industry is still not developing as fast as it could!

EDIT EDIT: I uploaded a EDID OVERRIDE .INF (for x1000NXL not sure if works with other versions) so you guys who are still using this **** can get the 1x1 pixelmappin, as i said year ago it is not a perfect. With pc you still get pretty nice picture on fullHD resolution. You need to disable Digital Signel Checking in your windows to be able to install this, this was mostly done checking phoenix EDID code and compiled afterwards.
Attached Files
File Type: zip X1000oma.zip (982 Bytes, 2 views)

Last edited by omaa; 07-27-2014 at 09:08 PM.
post #1271 of 1272 Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 PM

@LEdmaster did your experiment with other lens help any? I'm wondering how much the aberration is the main lens as much as the prismatic combiner, as it's worse on one side than the other.

Also after a year of using it, last couple month several hours a day, and a recent visit to the consumer electronics store (best buy) where there is a significant shift to 4K displays, as a whole it's still been a good purchase, the colors suck but the overall is much more film like with less pixelation than any of the lcd.plasma screens I've seen today, and suitable if your using web delivered content (netflix, popcorntime, youtube).
post #1272 of 1272 Old 06-08-2014, 02:30 PM

To TroyWorks. Sorry for delay.
I tried to solve this problem on installation more than a year ago, and don't remember the details. The main thing was to change projection distance. Chromatic aberration on the pixels was less noticeable, than with the standard lens. However, because of the differing sizes of the LCD matrixes with the size, recommended for this lens, a bluish offset at the left side of the screen and rose at the right has become more noticeable. I believe this is due to the imperfection of prismatic combiner..
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page