CRE X1000 Worlds First 3 LED 3 LCD 1080p Projector..Anybody heard of these guys? - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
[quote=action_jackson;20245359]All the panels in my old Sanyo have identical numbers and markings except for the little colored circles. I figure that is just for identification purposes if they are ever removed. Even the wires that plug into the PCB have colored dots to keep track of where they belong.
QUOTE]

That may very well be the case in some projectors but I am attaching a screen shot of the sanyo XP series LCD panel numbers which clearly gives them different part numbers

Bohanna
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

Here are two shots of a Burnt blue LCD Panel. It is VERY hard to shoot as you have to hold it in JUST the right light. Notice the inner Circular Blob on the panel. That is where it has broken down after the Blue polarizer has burnt out and allowed full UV to saturate the panel.
This translates into a Yellow Square or haze and or a Grayish hue that show up on areas of the screen. usually starting in the Middle of the screen and working it's way out.

Bohanna

That is too bad about the polarizing filter going bad on you. I am sure you are correct about it being necessary to block unwanted or harmful light wavelengths that could damage the LCD or throw off the color of the image. The polarizing filter that the light passed through before each LCD is probably the last step in filtering out any stray colors that made it past the dichroic mirrors.

Hopefully the LED bulbs are designed to only produce the visible spectrum and not produce ultraviolet or infrared. This would help deter the breakdown of the polarizing filter and the LCD panels. I have read that the LED bulbs can be designed to produce very specific wavelengths of light so that energy is not wasted producing wavelengths that are not needed. I have not read anything on this subject concerning projectors though, just heard about it in a forum concerning the use of LED lights to grow indoor vegetable gardens.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Paradigm PS-1200 Sub
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________Polk bookshelf for Surrounds
post #153 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=Bohanna;20245471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post

All the panels in my old Sanyo have identical numbers and markings except for the little colored circles. I figure that is just for identification purposes if they are ever removed. Even the wires that plug into the PCB have colored dots to keep track of where they belong.
QUOTE]

That may very well be the case in some projectors but I am attaching a screen shot of the sanyo XP series LCD panel numbers which clearly gives them different part numbers

Bohanna

Either way, the light is either completely filtered or pretty darn close to it before it reaches the actual LCD panel. Does not really matter if they are color specific or not. With The CRE X1000, it will do away with all the dichroic mirrors because each light is made to only produce one of the primary colors. There is most likely still polarizing filters in place to filter any non-longitudinally polarized light and to get rid of any unwanted light wavelengths. Most likely the actual LCD panels and prism are purchased pre-assembled and just have to be fitted.

post #154 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Here is a link to the PT120 data sheet. I am not 100% sure, but I believe by looking at the data that the blue LED does not produce wavelength in the ultraviolet range. Ultraviolet has a range from 10 nm to 400 nm. In the data sheet it says that the blue LED produces light at dominant wavelengths between 450 nm to 468 nm, typically 462. It also mentions a spectral bandwidth of 20 nm. This could be a good sign.

OK here is the link
http://www.luminus.com/stuff/content...eet_rev_07.pdf

edit: wrong link, it should work now

post #155 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by action_jackson View Post

Here is a link to the PT120 data sheet. I am not 100% sure, but I believe by looking at the data that the blue LED does not produce wavelength in the ultraviolet range. Ultraviolet has a range from 10 nm to 400 nm. In the data sheet it says that the blue LED produces light at dominant wavelengths between 450 nm to 468 nm, typically 462. It also mentions a spectral bandwidth of 20 nm. This could be a good sign.

It would seem that these LED's work as a Light and Polariser all in one Which is a pretty good thing. The 12MM surface area is great. This makes this uint basically a turbocharged CRT type design with the three primary colors and NOT 6500 to 9500K white as a driving color. Does anybody know for sure if this is what the Cre x1000 is using?

Bohanna
post #156 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohanna View Post

It would seem that these LED's work as a Light and Polariser all in one Which is a pretty good thing. The 12MM surface area is great. This makes this uint basically a turbocharged CRT type design with the three primary colors and NOT 6500 to 9500K white as a driving color. Does anybody know for sure if this is what the Cre x1000 is using?

Bohanna

Yes, the PT-120 is what Cre claims to use in the X1000. I think some of the specs and claims are being confused or lost in translation also. One website list the projector at 3,000 lumen, and another lists it as 800 lumen.

According to the Luminus website, the PT-120 is capable of Over 3,000 white lumen at 8000K color temperature from a single RGB chip-set under continuous operation. Of course we target 6500K for movie viewing and there is also the loss of light as it passes through the LCD panel, prism, lens, and polarizing filter if used. The claimed 3,000 lumen output by Cre probably comes from this number.

I would say that 800 lumen is probably a more accurate number for the lumen output of this projector and 800 lumen is not that bad considering many people have been enjoying movies at this level of output for years. I believe a majority of us use the projectors in theater dark mode or efficiency mode anyway to get better black levels.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but does anyone know if this projector has lens shift, vertical or horizontal? If not, what is the image offset?

post #157 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok after much fiddling with the contrast, brightness on both Ati cataylst controls, + CRE X1000 controls +powerstrip RGB, CMY , levels ive finally found my optimum balance of colors.

I also figured out why i was taking rubbish pictures. I had a little fiddle with my DVcam/ and turned off auto white balance, and set it to sunny.

(All the photos were taken from about 5ft11inches away.
The screen i reduced in size as my living room is too small. Currently the screen is 78 Inches diagonaly)

These images looks really good with the eye, but for the camera to pick it up my aiptek camera cant adjust well to the light.

Ok and now the moment of Truth.
I found the best setting is to fail the Mp4-c2 black & whites test miserably, and have all the bars flashing!

The best pictures of the CRE X1000 are below!
(5ft 11" away from screen , 78" inch screen measured diagonally)

Anyways for more pictures + a few extra you can get the snapshot 3200 x 2400 full resolution pics ( Click Here ) for those who want to study indepth.

After days of headaches & fiddling to discover correct settings with powerstrip, i can say i`m happy with the color.
On the DV camera I turned off auto white balance, & tried it in sunny mode to take some snapshots, hopefully a fair representation of the picture quality of the rich saturated colors.

If i was to sum up the CRE X1000 the picture quality reminds me of feeling, like theres a paper thin LCD screen up on the wall, only its got like a thin film of fresnel type plastic over the top of it to prevent fingerprints...lol hence the glossy sheen/fuzziness, tho is proably due to the projector screen itself which cost £120 a couple of years back.
I seen some newer screens online geared towards 1080p using new materials, I would be curious to try the CRE X1000 on a quality screen.
post #158 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM

The CRE X1000 lens shifting only goes 100% Up and 100% down.
post #159 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the pics, it looks good to me. I am very tempted to get one of these. I still have a spare lamp for my projector though, so I can't justify the purchase right now. If I was in the market I would consider this to be an option. Just wish some other companies would release projectors like this.

post #160 of 1272 Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Did Someone Say... Fresnel!?

Hey sellmejunk

Is that hint of blue specially visible in the ceiling over the camaro (between the flourescent lights) an effect of the camera or is it something you see in person as well?

Its been said a billion times here that one should not judge a projector by pictures as they will rarely do it justice, but this looks pretty darn good.

Love the red in the floating tire tube pic.

Thank you for all the fine information brother!
post #161 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 AM
vsv
Advanced Member

IMHO
Inside this CRE projector: 3 LCD with XGA or less resolution placed in offset like 3CCD sensors in panasonic HD cam to create FoolHD(TM)
Instead of RGB LED PT120 from Luminus you can see 3 white 50-100W chinese LEDs with colour filters

sellmejunk be brave - open box!
post #162 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsv View Post

IMHO
Inside this CRE projector: 3 LCD with XGA or less resolution placed in offset like 3CCD sensors in panasonic HD cam to create FoolHD(TM)
Instead of RGB LED PT120 from Luminus you can see 3 white 50-100W chinese LEDs with colour filters

sellmejunk be brave - open box!

So you are saying that the specs are a complete lie? Pretty strong words based on no facts.
post #163 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I don't understand why people in this thread are still questioning the fact that the CRE X1000 uses the PT-120 chipset from Luminus Devices; It is listed on the spec sheet, the chipset is widely available for any company who wishes to purchase it, there have been pictures posted in this thread of their physical appearance and the PT-120 chipset actually consists of three separate LED illumination assemblies for Red/Green/Blue. Can we move on now with more relevant questions, comments, suggestions, etc ?
sellmejunk >>> I also own a pj that uses a LED chipset from Luminus Devices and the strong, oversaturated colors in the pictures you posted are very similar to the way my pj displays colors; I understand that technically they are considered oversaturated but personally i love them; I could never get reds, crimsons, purples, yellows, blues and greens on my old CRT pj that look anywhere close to the colors provided by these chipsets.
BTW, are there any advanced color controls in this pj for each primary R/G/B that allows to increase/decrease color saturation, brightness and tint for more precise calibration ?
These more recent pictures are finally doing justice to this pj.
Do you still consider it to be a fairly noiseless pj and after these days of use do you still feel that the pj stays pretty cool to the touch ? What is the longest amount of time you've ever left it turned ON ? Have you ever noticed any "pumping" of black levels when there is a scene that changes very fast from very dark to very bright and vice-versa that would indicate this pj uses any kind of LED dynamic contrast ?
Thanks >>> Marcos
post #164 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

What was the point of "failing the black test miserably"? Is that how you have it set all the time, or was that just for the sake of the pictures? Either way, how is the black level in person? Inky, dark grey, pretty good, etc.???
post #165 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 AM
vsv
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 View Post

So you are saying that the specs are a complete lie? Pretty strong words based on no facts.

Good to be "believers" in 3000 Ansi Lumens and less than 10db noise
And yes the specs are a complete lie
post #166 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
they say
Quote:
LED 3D Projector: Home Theater Projector
comon they are thowing it up aganst the wall to see what sticks
-

(fifth element)
post #167 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Lumen output, nearly every projector manufacture stretches the truth. As far as noise level, the owner did say: "Its really quiet your baby can sleep.lol"

Since the advertised LED's are readily available, I do not find it a stretch that the manufacturer used what he advertised. Time will tell. Would love to see Art or somebody review one of these.
post #168 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsv

The Spec sheet for the PT-120 clearly states that the max lumen output for white light at 8000K is 3000 lm. I'm sure since this company is Chinese some details are lost in translation. The actual claimed ANSI lumen on an American site is 800.

Also this uses heat pipes connected directly to the LED lights. If you know anything about heat pipe cooling, you know it is quiet, sometimes not even requiring a fan.

post #169 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 03:54 PM

I hope more people request a review of this projector by Art. http://www.projectorreviews.com/home...projectors.php
post #170 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 PM

Yeh the blue camero, its a great picture to re-examine, the Camera setting i set to sunny setting so i could get the right color for the girls/ on screen. Seeing as the Camero is a great picture to look at, i thought i`d try and recapture it on camera as she`s a tricky beast to tame.

Click here for Clip

The camera still couldnt get the colors right as a video clip,

So set the exposure to low on my camera setting for snapshot mode to take probably the closest picture to what i actually see.

here the best snapshot Picture taken of the camero.

(Theres some light leakage on left hand side as it was an early morning snapshot/film)
post #171 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 PM

This is a quicksnapshot from my living room chair, yeh i got some lights on, i lazy to get up,,, anyways this is basically to show u what the Mp4 2c StarChart result is to the current brightness/conrast/color scheme i`m using.

Its a blurry mess in the centre of the picture, however its the best balance of contrast & brightess i`ve found so far; as my other attempts to do the star chart resulted in a larger splodges in the middle.

post #172 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Is there a pattern on this MP4 that is designed to test convergence? If so, have you dried to determine the alignment of pixels. These patterns usually consist of several thin crosses.

post #173 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 PM

hmm yes i took some pics of convergence but they didnt turn out so good,
I am struggling to get a decent picture with my DV/camera.

One of the tests shows rows of boxes with a white dot in the middle.
On screen my eye can see all the boxes have dots in them, whilst the picture i took with my aiptek cannot see some of the dots.

Its a tuff picture to take as not all the dots are consistantly white, they vary in color down to grayscale , tho all the boxes do have a dots in them.

Once i`m happy that what i`m seeing is really what being shown on camera , then i`ll post some pics.
post #174 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

I live in China and I"m trying to buy a nice projector. Am considering the HC 4000. Came across this thread. Will be reading it from the beginning.
Very excited I can buy it straight from the factory, will be reading on comparisons between this and the HC4000.

Anyway I can be useful? I think I'm gonna call them this afternoon(I'm American but I speak fluent chinese)
post #175 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellmejunk View Post

hmm yes i took some pics of convergence but they didnt turn out so good,
I am struggling to get a decent picture with my DV/camera.

One of the tests shows rows of boxes with a white dot in the middle.
On screen my eye can see all the boxes have dots in them, whilst the picture i took with my aiptek cannot see some of the dots.

Its a tuff picture to take as not all the dots are consistantly white, they vary in color down to grayscale , tho all the boxes do have a dots in them.

Once i`m happy that what i`m seeing is really what being shown on camera , then i`ll post some pics.

Okay, sounds good. Thanks again for all the effort you are pitting out for the Comunity. By looking at the dots and fine lines closely you should be able to determine how well the LCD panels are aligned with each other. Installers of CRT projectors had to use this type of pattern to line up the three CRTs back in the day.

post #176 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkson View Post

Anyway I can be useful? I think I'm gonna call them this afternoon(I'm American but I speak fluent chinese)

Can't wait to hear what information you can gather on this projector. I am of the opinion that some information is being twisted as it is being translated to English, maybe you can make sense of some of the Chinese written specifications? Many of the claims just seem over the top.

post #177 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 PM

I fished out the tripod to take these ones.

i put them here at 3200 x 2400
post #178 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Hey Hawkson, just want to know if you know someone in china to talk to and tell us if CRE is a major player in the projector market in china, as they claim to be chinas no.1 manufacturer of projectors
post #179 of 1272 Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 PM
vsv
Advanced Member

SPECIFICATION

Information for people with brain:

Net weight 3.5kg / 7.71lbs

3,5kg weight of projector with LED RGB PT120 ?!!!

LED 3D Projector: Home Theater Projector
LED 3D Projector - enjoy by Fool3D from
Mr CRE Hans
post #180 of 1272 Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkson View Post

I live in China and I"m trying to buy a nice projector. Am considering the HC 4000. Came across this thread. Will be reading it from the beginning.
Very excited I can buy it straight from the factory, will be reading on comparisons between this and the HC4000.

See if you can talk them into sending one to Art for reviewing. If it reviews well then a lot of people would bu them. http://www.projectorreviews.com/aboutcontact.php
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page