Epson 8350...My picture has now turned a blue shade after just one day. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased an Epson 8350 last weekend. I hooked it up and it ran great the first day. Last night I went to watch a Blue Ray DVD, turned on the blue ray and projector, ran upstairs to clean something my dog knocked over and time got away from me. After about an hour I came back downstairs. The projector screen was off, I assuming it "timed out". When I turned it back on I started to play the dvd. Basically everything was shaded blue. Even the lips of the actors were blue colored. I tried to switch to different Image types, i.e. cinema, dynamic...et.c and nothing mattered. Even when I turned off the blue ray and went back to hd tv, everything was still heavily blue based. I cannot figure out what to do. My only thoguht is maybe the blue ray player, since the dvd was turned on but the a dvd hadn't been loaded into it, was projecting a blue screen for an hour and it burned it into the bulb? Kind of like a plasma tv, doesn't make sense but it is all I can think of. I left it off all night and fired it up again over lunch today and still blue colored picture. Any ideas?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
First, it isn't the bulb. Bulbs cannot do that.

How are you feeding the signal? If you're using Component (RGB), then the loss of the Red lead would yield a blue tinted image.

Look at the projector menu. Is it also affected? If yes, then you definitely have a problem with the projector. And since it is new, it needs to be repaired or replaced under warranty.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 View Post

How are you feeding the signal? If you're using Component (RGB), then the loss of the Red lead would yield a blue tinted image.

Look at the projector menu. Is it also affected? If yes, then you definitely have a problem with the projector. And since it is new, it needs to be repaired or replaced under warranty.

+1. sounds like component cable issue
post #4 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 View Post

Are you sure?

Call epson, your projector is under warranty and defective.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Which statement are you questioning?

The bulb? There is no way a bulb will have a color shift that strong, especially that quickly.

The Component cable? Absolutely, if the Red lead is loose, the result is a blue tinted image. Try it yourself.

Yes, his projector is new and still under warranty and may have a problem but I was not about to make that call as you have without knowing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post
Are you sure?

Call epson, your projector is under warranty and defective.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The Pr cable... too lazy to go test it. I guess as long as it has Y and another it will show a picture?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Ah, now I understand. Yes, on a Component, there are 3 wires, Red, Green and Blue.

The Green carries the image information and sync. Lose that, you lose the picture.

The Red and Blue carry the color information. Lose both of those and you have a B&W image. Lose the Blue, the image is Magenta, lose the Red, the image is Cyan.

Reverse the Red and Blue and color is all screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post
The Pr cable... too lazy to go test it. I guess as long as it has Y and another it will show a picture?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP